Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages<123
LisaW. Offline
#61 Posted : Sunday, November 03, 2013 11:44:56 AM(UTC)
LisaW.

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 135 time(s) in 92 post(s)
Finally got 2 sketches done...gonna be down to the wire again. After I took my picture I decided my second card still needs a little more work and will have to post it tomorrow (it will be dark when I get off and probably can't get a good picture of it).

Sketch 3 in the ad colors. I was out of black brads and black pearls so just used some ribbon in the middle of my flowers.

Cartridge: Home decor for the little embelishment...my paper and blade were not agreeing with the cut.
LisaW. attached the following image(s):
DSCF0522.JPG
Gisele Offline
#62 Posted : Sunday, November 03, 2013 5:08:10 PM(UTC)
Gisele

Was thanked: 549 time(s) in 339 post(s)
Hi everyone! Sorry I was quiet for the past few days but was busy with work and house chores and then company on the weekend! The cards are all amazing!

Kiethann – Happy to hear that your surgery went well and that you are recovering well. Hope you can feel up to making cards soon.

NanaDonna – your Hello Kitty card is amazing! Love the colours and different textures. My HK card was for my niece who is 27 but still loves HK. What a great card for your daughter – all the bling and embellishments look good!

Turtlebug – Wow – what a gorgeous card in the ad colours with the bikes! You’ve added so many new techniques with stamping with Stazon, Diamond glaze and twine! Great Sketch #4 card too – and your owl is very detailed. Love it!

Jean P – thanks for your comments! Feel free to join in!

Carol – Sorry that you have had insomnia but you sure did create some wonderful cards! Love both of your latest cards - cute birthday card for a boy and love your Fall birthday card!

Lisa – glad you found a bit of time to make some cards! Great Sketch #3 in the ad colours – like the use of the ribbon. It is hard some time when we you have a small intricate cut.

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday! Looking forward to seeing more great cards!
 1 user thanked Gisele for this useful post.
TurtleBug on 11/4/2013(UTC)
BingoLady Offline
#63 Posted : Sunday, November 03, 2013 6:55:36 PM(UTC)
BingoLady

Was thanked: 915 time(s) in 615 post(s)
A big hello to all of you ladies.
I'm so happy I got a computerBigGrin BigGrin A big Thankyou to Turterbug's
daughter, for helping us get our laptop going. And if all goes well, I will host
the next two weeks. Unless , their is already someone else that wants to do it.
Cool Cool Cool Thanks and by for now.Love Love
Jacqui_Mo Offline
#64 Posted : Sunday, November 03, 2013 8:13:19 PM(UTC)
Jacqui_Mo

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 4 post(s)
[img][/img]

Hello ladies, I feel like you are all friends because I have dipped in and out of here for a long time and I love all of your beautiful work. Anyway this is the first time I have posted a card. I hope it's not too big because it is in the preview. I have not used Photobucket before so my husband did that part for me Wub . This is sketch number 3 in the ad colours though the navy blue on the ornament looks like black. This challenge was great fun! Thank you!
TurtleBug Offline
#65 Posted : Monday, November 04, 2013 1:47:12 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

Was thanked: 905 time(s) in 576 post(s)
LisaW
#3 & Ad Colors - Like the Striped/Polka Dot paper patterns and the swirly Happy B'day font. Great use of the the Ad Colors and the flowers finish the card nicely!

circutede295a1
Welcome, thank-you FRIEND for your nice comment and happy you have been peeking in all this time and decided to join in. We all would love for you to continue sharing your creativity with us.Smile
#3 & Ad Colors - You nailed the Ad Colors and sketch on your very first post...awesome!!
LOVE the printed pattern paper with all the great sayings on it. The ornament is so glittery and pretty and looks great with the Dk. Blue shadow. You will find that card colors look a slight different on most everyone's computers and on mine the Dk. Blue looks fine. The inked white panel with the punched snowflakes is the perfect background for the ornament. Great card!

Will back back to post my #3 card shortly!
BingoLady Offline
#66 Posted : Monday, November 04, 2013 2:17:38 PM(UTC)
BingoLady

Hello ladies, and welcome Cricutede so nice of you to join with your wonderful
card.

My # 1 sketch
BingoLady attached the following image(s):
img012.jpg
Joyful Carol Offline
#67 Posted : Monday, November 04, 2013 2:18:33 PM(UTC)
Joyful Carol

Was thanked: 661 time(s) in 306 post(s)
Here is a card I put together that does not follow any of the sketches. But I need some input. I think I know what is wrong with it. Probably the pink piglet does not go with the autumn colors and maybe the leaves are too big and is throwing off the perspective. I chalked in some light pink clouds(they do not show up in the photo) in the background and used pink clouds to write Happy Birthday but really not sure it brings it all together. Help me out here girls.
Joyful Carol attached the following image(s):
Autumn Piglet.jpg
*NanaDonna* Offline
#68 Posted : Monday, November 04, 2013 2:56:49 PM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Was thanked: 2545 time(s) in 1320 post(s)
Carol - I think your card is adorable as it is. The only suggestion I would have is to maybe add some embossing to add texture and dimension, but that would be hard to do now that it is all put together.

I know how you feel sometimes you just can't nail that last detail you think you need. What I do it put it away till the next day or two and then go back and a lot of times something hits me of what to do. That is if you have time to do that.

Cute piglet cutBigGrin
*NanaDonna* Offline
#69 Posted : Monday, November 04, 2013 3:00:29 PM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Here is my extra credit second card for sketch #2
Paper is from a Christmas stack from a couple of years ago.
Added some of the sequin stuff I had in red
I cut a circle out of green and gold paper and layered them.
Greeting is a cut out I had. Poinsettia was cut using the Winter Wonderland cartridge. TFL

TurtleBug Offline
#70 Posted : Monday, November 04, 2013 5:00:15 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

FINALLY!!.... got my #3 & "Lots of Embellishments Extra Credit" done!! Added all I could think of to this card and still not make it too busy.

My #3 & "Lots of Embellishments Extra Credit"

Floral & Striped Papers - Gift from BingoLady (THANKS!)
Embossing - Cuttlebug "Floral Fantasy" and "Modern Wallpaper" folders
Flowers - Recollections Flower Tin from Michael's
Butterfly - Martha Stewart Punch
Frame - Spellbinders "Lacy Squares" collection
Leaves - Sizzix "Branch w/Leaves" die
Happy B'day - CTMH "Just a Number" Occasions collection
Added pearls, Skittles and Hat Pins. The B'fly is cut from glitter cardstock (didn't show up) and I popped it with 3-D tape, the pink/purpleish swirly cut is from my stash...not sure which cart was used to cut it. I took the photo outside that is why there are some shadows.
I think I included everything I used to make this card, but if you look REALLY close you might find the kitchen sink in there someplace!!!LOLLOL LOL
TFL!!Smile

Edited by user Monday, November 04, 2013 10:47:19 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Gisele Offline
#71 Posted : Monday, November 04, 2013 5:28:34 PM(UTC)
Gisele

BingoLady – Glad you have a new laptop! Thanks for wanting to host – looking forward to your sketches! Wonderful purple/plum card for Sketch #1 with your signature bows!

Cricutede – So glad to have you join in and thanks for your comments! Welcome to this amazing group - you will learn so much and have fun creating your cards. What a beautiful card in the ad colours! Gorgeous ornament! Hope you will continue to share your work with us and join in the banter.

Carol – very cute Piglet card! The proportions seem fine to me and colour combo works. As for a suggestion, maybe make the eyes black to give some depth to Piglet’s face. I would try with a small circle of black cardstock to see if it enhances Piglet and then either glue the cardstock eye or colour the eyes with a marker.

NanaDonna – another wonderful Christmas card! It is nice to see another cut from the Winter Wonderland cartridge. Love your choice of papers and layering!

Turtlebug – Wow!! You have outdone yourself! Amazing, gorgeous card! It doesn’t look busy at all. Great choice of paper, solid colours and embellishments!

1 user thanked Gisele for this useful post.
DeeScraps Offline
#72 Posted : Monday, November 04, 2013 6:21:06 PM(UTC)
DeeScraps

Was thanked: 706 time(s) in 538 post(s)
Wow, what a bunch of GREAT cards this week!

I made another card for #1. Every Christmas card I get done is a "plus" me. LOL. There's nothing special on the card. I used a circle punch and darkened all the edges. The paper pack is by Paper Studio (Hobby Lobby) and is one I bought last year.

TFL...Dee

[img=http://][/img]
 1 user thanked DeeScraps for this useful post.
Kiethann Offline
#73 Posted : Monday, November 04, 2013 9:06:58 PM(UTC)
Kiethann

United States

Was thanked: 459 time(s) in 343 post(s)
SIGH!! Did not get a chance to make any cards for this one. Just did not have the energy to come into my craft room to do much of anything. Hope to get back into the swing soon.

Post surgical update. Went to surgeon's office today. He removed my drains, replaced and refreshed my dressing. Also gave me copy of the surgical path report. happy to say all items removed were benign.

Love all of your cards you have posted since my last post!
 1 user thanked Kiethann for this useful post.
TurtleBug Offline
#74 Posted : Monday, November 04, 2013 10:25:41 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

BingoLady
YAY!! Your laptop is up and going!!ThumpUpI saw how thrilled you were when my dear daughter finally got all the bugs out and you were able to get back on the MB!ThumpUp ThumpUp

#1 - WOW!! Love this card, so elegant and expensive looking. Like the colors and patterns. Very creative to use the small bows and the size of them is very well proportioned to the rest of the card. NIce job!ThumpUp

Joyful Carol
So cute!! It looks great the way it is. Like the twine wrapped around and inside the card, neat idea! Only thing I would change/add is a few more smaller leaves, or added the leaves in assorted sizes. Still, is so cute!!

NanaDonna
#2 in "2 from 1 Sketch" Extra Credit - Like how you are using the "sequin stuff", it really gives cards a unique look. You are making me want to go and dust mine off and start putting it to good use!LOL Love the Poinsettia cut from the Winter Wonderland cart, did you shadow it, it looks very detailed? Nice BG paper and like the addition of the red Skittle "Berries".

DeeScraps
#1 in "2 from 1 Sketch" Extra Credit - Very nice and colorful in traditional Christmas colors! Like all the fun Christmas circles and the banner with the pre-printed sentiments on it. Perfectly coordinated BG paper and embellishments.

kiethann
Thanks for updating us on your recovery, and glad you are coming along nicely! Great, great news on your path report and happy for you. Please continue to keep in touch and take care!Smile

Joyful Carol Offline
#75 Posted : Tuesday, November 05, 2013 6:32:10 AM(UTC)
Joyful Carol

Was thanked: 661 time(s) in 306 post(s)
Thank you ladies for you suggestions on my piglet card. Believe it or not I was able to take it apart enough to make some adjustments. The first thing I did was emboss the sky. Why am I always forgetting to use those embossing folders? I then took a q-tip and my pink ink and inked up the swirls in pink. After getting the other parts adhered back onto the card the embossed sky really helped. I cut another face for little piglet because after finally finding a black marker I just really made a mess! Second try looked much better. I shall now post the before and after so you can see the improvements.
Joyful Carol attached the following image(s):
Autumn Piglet.jpg
Autumn Piglet 2.jpg
*NanaDonna* Offline
#76 Posted : Tuesday, November 05, 2013 8:32:51 AM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Carol - wow I love the way the embossing looks. The added shadowing with your q-tip was perfect. Glad you were able to take it apart and add that embossingSmile
Gisele Offline
#77 Posted : Tuesday, November 05, 2013 5:44:24 PM(UTC)
Gisele

Carol - The changes to your Piglet card really work well! It's a great reminder for all of us showing how an embossing folder can add dimension to our cards. TFS!

We have seen lots of amazing cards these past 2 weeks. Looking forward to BingoLady's sketches and the next challenge.

TurtleBug Offline
#78 Posted : Tuesday, November 05, 2013 6:14:01 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

Joyful Carol
Like the embossing on your "Piglet" card! The inked embossing added a whole new look to your card and they are both still so very cute! Glad you are happy with the outcome and that this awesome group of Ladies is always here to share ideas, suggestions and to inspire us!Love

Gisele,
Thanks so much for Hosting this challenge and for the nice sketches and awesome sample cards you provided for us.

DeeScraps,
Thank you for the nice Ad Colors you chose for us this week which enabled me to make a male card with. Male cards are so hard to come up with colors and ideas for!

Anxious to see BingoLady's sketches and samples for our next Bi-Weekly Challenge!BigGrin

♥ Raquel ♥ Offline
#79 Posted : Tuesday, November 05, 2013 6:25:53 PM(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥

Was thanked: 804 time(s) in 567 post(s)
Hello hello...

AWESOME CARDS EVERYONE!

Lots of really pretty work here

Ok, well I needed to make two cards and Gisele's extra credit of using one sketch to make two different cards worked perfectly for me... sorry for the last minute participation here

The baby carriages are from New Arrival

Thanks for looking!
BingoLady Offline
#80 Posted : Tuesday, November 05, 2013 6:32:32 PM(UTC)
BingoLady

Gisele thankyou for hosting and Dee thankyou for the colors. And ladies
thankyou for the nice comments. I have been working with my new computer,
I have to get used to doing some things a little bit different.
Hope to have the sketches ready later. I have been working on a couple of the
cards.Love I will have them posted before I go to bed.BigGrin
*NanaDonna* Offline
#81 Posted : Tuesday, November 05, 2013 8:14:50 PM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

WOW Raquel so nice to see you back. Love your cards, hope you get to peak in again next weekBigGrin
TurtleBug Offline
#82 Posted : Tuesday, November 05, 2013 8:58:31 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

Raquel
So nice to see you on here again, I see you are still making your awesome cards!
Love your "2 Cards from One Sketch" Extra Credit, the Boy/Girl Baby invites are very pretty and I'm sure both your cousins loved them.
Hope you and your family are all doing well, all settled in and enjoying your new home and that you did well in the Marathon. Will be nice to see you and your awesome creations back when time allows.
Josie
LisaW. Offline
#83 Posted : Tuesday, November 05, 2013 9:31:01 PM(UTC)
LisaW.

United States

Gisele: Thank you for the wonderful sketches. Unfortunately I didn't get them all done...have to be IOUs. Having a little mental block with 2 of them. Sketch #1 is beautiful...love how you did the hearts with the blue behind them. The flower is awesome with all the layers. Very nice sketch #2...great choice of papers. Very nice sketch #3 with all the bling. Like the stitching around it. Is the bird actually part of the paper? Wonderful Hello Kitty...never guess it wasn't from the cartridge. Adorable gingerbread card.

Dee: Thank you for the wonderful ad colors. Absolutely love your pumpkins and wonderful touch with the burlap and the bows in the corners. Another wonderful "halloween" card in the ad colors. Adorable little princess you have there:). Gorgeous sketch #3...the background paper is so pretty. Very nice christmas card for sketch #1.

Joyful Carol: What a cute bear card and nice job with the felt. Stickers are cute and make the squares pop. Great job on sketch #2 and adorable rabbit. Wonderful pop-up card you created...very nice colors. Fantastic job on the ad colors and like your choice of papers. Sketch 3 looks so "yummy" and always wonderful when we have things in our "stash" to make work for us. Very nice sketch #1 with the puffy sports balls in the ad colors. Love your patterned paper to go along with your apple bushel...all your cards are fantastic but this one was my favorite. I thought your piglet was fine but when you added the embossing your card became even more perfect.

Turtlebug: Love your "tye-dye" flowers. Great job on sketch #1 and the orange brads in the bicycle tires is a nice touch...ad colors are perfect for that card. Wow lots of embossing on your owl card...perfect choices and love the paper too. Lots of bling and it is really a pretty card...love the paper choice and the purple flower and butterfly.

NanaDonna: Gorgeous snowflake card...love the colors. Wonderful snowflakes. I said I wasn't buying any more cartridges but might have to let up for a new one...great snowflakes on that cartridge. I was just drawing a blank on sketch #1...great job with the ad colors. Absolutely love your "hello kitty" card...pretty pinks. Love the color and embossing on your "turkey" card. Fantastic extra credit card...love the poinsietta.

Laurahunter: Fantastic halloween cards...adorable. Thanks for joining us.

BingoLady: Great sketch #2 with the wreaths and stocking...what cartridge did you use? Very nice brads on sketch #4...pretty colors. I am with you...the presents are very pretty and I am glad you didn't cover them up. Second sketch #4 is just as pretty with the big bow and patterned paper. So glad that you got your computer going. Pretty colors of sketch #1 and cute bows.

Cricutede295a1: Thank you for joining us and your ad color is a wow...gorgeous ornament. What cartridge is that from? Looks blue to me:) How did you get your snowflakes that way?

Raquel: Thank you so much for popping in...sure miss you and your beautiful cards. Fantastic job on your baby cards. Love the pink and blue baby buggies.

Sorry ladies...just couldn't seem to get my act together and get these done this challenge but there sure were a lot of inspiring cards these 2 weeks.

Lisa
TurtleBug Offline
#84 Posted : Tuesday, November 05, 2013 9:49:34 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

Originally Posted by: LisaW. Go to Quoted Post

Turtlebug: Love your "tye-dye" flowers. Great job on sketch #1 and the orange brads in the bicycle tires is a nice touch...ad colors are perfect for that card. Wow lots of embossing on your owl card...perfect choices and love the paper too. Lots of bling and it is really a pretty card...love the paper choice and the purple flower and butterfly.

BingoLady: Great sketch #2 with the wreaths and stocking...what cartridge did you use? Very nice brads on sketch #4...pretty colors. I am with you...the presents are very pretty and I am glad you didn't cover them up. Second sketch #4 is just as pretty with the big bow and patterned paper. So glad that you got your computer going. Pretty colors of sketch #1 and cute bows.
Lisa

Lisa,
Thanks for your nice comments on my cards, but I think you got some of my cards mixed with BingoLady's....but again...I still Thank You and all is forgiven.BigGrin
TurtleBug

LisaW. Offline
#85 Posted : Wednesday, November 06, 2013 7:45:50 AM(UTC)
LisaW.

United States

Turtlebug: I sure did...so sorry. So glad I am forgiven. You both have such awesome cards.
Gisele Offline
#86 Posted : Wednesday, November 06, 2013 5:50:37 PM(UTC)
Gisele

Lisa- Thanks for your comments. The bird was indeed part of the paper and I hand stitched the edge.

RAQ - So glad you dropped in!! Such great baby cards! We have missed your wonderful creations and hearing the news from you and your family. Hope you are enjoying your new home. Take care!