Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages123>
Gisele Offline
#1 Posted : Tuesday, October 22, 2013 6:06:11 PM(UTC)
Gisele

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 549 time(s) in 339 post(s)
Hey Everyone! I'm happy to kick-off our next bi-weekly sketch challenge. I had fun picking the sketches and preparing the samples to inspire you.

Everyone is welcome to jump in and share your creations. There is no pressure and you can make 1, 2, 3, or all 4. Just come and have some fun!

Looking forward to seeing your cards over the next 2 weeks!

Sketch #1

Sketch #2

Sketch #3

Sketch #4

Extra credit - Add lots of details/embellishments to one of your cards.

Extra, extra credit - Make two different cards using the same sketch

Thank you Dee for the ad colours:

Gisele Offline
#2 Posted : Tuesday, October 22, 2013 6:09:34 PM(UTC)
Gisele

My sample for Sketch #1 is an anniversary card for my nephew and niece. I created the card in CCR - welded the hearts and cut all shapes. I added a bit of bling on the background paper and pennants. Embossed one pennant with the Chickenwire folder. Used Flower Shoppe for the flower - 5 layers and inked the edges.

Gisele Offline
#3 Posted : Tuesday, October 22, 2013 6:11:19 PM(UTC)
Gisele

Sketch #2 - is a birthday card for my nephew. All very basic shapes. The airplane is from Art Deco. Some of the papers are Graphic 45

Gisele Offline
#4 Posted : Tuesday, October 22, 2013 6:15:00 PM(UTC)
Gisele

Sketch #3 and extra credit (embellishments and details) - is a birthday card for a very dear friend. She loves details, bling and earthtone colours. Added bling, ribbon, twine, button, stick pins, glitter on the cupcake. All cuts were with the Cricut - Elegant Cakes, Sweet Treats, Story Book, CCR basics.

Gisele Offline
#5 Posted : Tuesday, October 22, 2013 6:18:48 PM(UTC)
Gisele

Sketch #4 is for my niece! I don't have the Hello Kitty cartridge. HK was made in CCR and using images from Car Decal (cat face), Elmo's Party (eyes, nose, ears, paws) Ashlyn Alphabet (letter "l" for the whiskers) and Gyspy wanderings for Heart.

Gisele Offline
#6 Posted : Tuesday, October 22, 2013 6:21:30 PM(UTC)
Gisele

And now my extra, extra credit - making 2 cards with the same sketch. I used Sketch #2 (my airplane card) and now here is a Christmas card with the same sketch.

TurtleBug Offline
#7 Posted : Tuesday, October 22, 2013 7:33:00 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

Was thanked: 905 time(s) in 576 post(s)
Gisele
Thanks so much for Hosting this next two-week challenge. Love the sketches, lots of ideas going through my head already!Smile Will be back later to comment on your awesome card samples.

Dee
Love the Ad Color Challenge...nice deep Fall colors for this time of year...and with a splash of white. Thanks!!

Edited by user Tuesday, October 22, 2013 7:34:08 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

*NanaDonna* Offline
#8 Posted : Tuesday, October 22, 2013 8:00:14 PM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Was thanked: 2545 time(s) in 1320 post(s)
Thanks Gisele for hosting, I love the sketches, in fact I was looking at #3 for a future host for me and what a great extra credit. Hope to get started on them tomorrow. Thanks Dee for the colors, sure hope you feel well enough to play along this week.

Turtlebug - ready for that shopping trip whenever you and Bingolady are Hope you had a great birthday yesterday

Edited by user Tuesday, October 22, 2013 8:01:44 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

DeeScraps Offline
#9 Posted : Wednesday, October 23, 2013 6:43:51 AM(UTC)
DeeScraps

Was thanked: 706 time(s) in 538 post(s)
I can't wait to work on these wonderful sketches.....but I'm off to the dentist now. Ugh

Turtlebug...so glad you liked the colors. I've finally figured out how to do them on the iMac's Pages program.

Nanna Donna.....did you win anything? I want to go shopping with you all. BigGrin

I'll be back later...Dee
LisaW. Offline
#10 Posted : Wednesday, October 23, 2013 8:25:40 AM(UTC)
LisaW.

United States

Was thanked: 135 time(s) in 92 post(s)
Ladies that use CCR...what machine is the one that goes with CCR. JoAnns has 40% off their machines and I saw the E2 was for 179.00. I really don't need a new machine yet...I still have the expression but kinda thinking about a backup one of these days. I really want the "other machine" but can't do that until we get a house. 20 more months...yes I am counting down, lol.

Lisa
Joyful Carol Offline
#11 Posted : Wednesday, October 23, 2013 9:28:27 AM(UTC)
Joyful Carol

Was thanked: 661 time(s) in 306 post(s)
Wow, oh, WOW, Gisele! Your samples to go with your sketches are super!
I made one more card which I finished last night to go with the previous challenge.
Sketch #1 I tried something different on this card. I tried cutting the bear out of felt. Could not get it to cut on my cricut, but it did leave a path on the felt which I hand cut around. It looked a little plain so I stamped some brown swirly things to hopefully make it look fuzzy! The face, inner ears, and the paws are cut from paper. I ran the felt through my xyron and stuck it to some cardstock to stiffen it up. The cupcakes and cherries are some dimensional stickers I picked up at Walmart. Now to get my brain thinking upon these new sketches!
Joyful Carol attached the following image(s):
felt teddy bear.jpg
Kiethann Offline
#12 Posted : Wednesday, October 23, 2013 9:41:27 AM(UTC)
Kiethann

United States

Was thanked: 456 time(s) in 341 post(s)
Gisele thanks for hosting this two week challenge. I am hoping to have some time soon to work on at least one of the sketches. Have been very busy trying to get all of the swaps done (which I signed up for) before I have my surgery at the end of this month. Love all of your sketches and the sample cards you made.
Joyful Carol Offline
#13 Posted : Wednesday, October 23, 2013 11:33:48 AM(UTC)
Joyful Carol

Sketch #2 The guitar playing rabbit is from Campin' Critters cut at 2". I gave him some little wiggly eyes. I embossed the background with the honeycomb folder. One of the circles is embossed with some kind of folder-just not sure what it was called. I cut the squares at 2" & 2 1/2" using George & Basic Shapes. The circles I cut 1 7/8" using a punch. I heat embossed the Happy Birthday.
Rabbit playing guitar.jpg
*NanaDonna* Offline
#14 Posted : Wednesday, October 23, 2013 11:39:21 AM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Originally Posted by: LisaW. Go to Quoted Post
Ladies that use CCR...what machine is the one that goes with CCR. JoAnns has 40% off their machines and I saw the E2 was for 179.00. I really don't need a new machine yet...I still have the expression but kinda thinking about a backup one of these days. I really want the "other machine" but can't do that until we get a house. 20 more months...yes I am counting down, lol.

Lisa

LISA - any of the Cricut machine work with CCR. The only one that has issues occasionally is the ImagineAngry the one I use with it the most. Lately is has been working fine with it, but I do use it with my regular Expression and my Create. $179 is a great price for the E2 and CCR will work fine with it.
BingoLady Offline
#15 Posted : Wednesday, October 23, 2013 4:40:35 PM(UTC)
BingoLady

Was thanked: 915 time(s) in 615 post(s)
Hello to all the Ladies, wonderful cards and nice to see some of the Ladies come back
This my card #4 from Lisa's week. I still don't have a computer and I just came to post at Turtlebugs. Flowers are from Celebrate with Flourish.

Gisele Offline
#16 Posted : Wednesday, October 23, 2013 5:34:06 PM(UTC)
Gisele

Glad everyone likes the sketches and Dee selected such fabulous ad colours for us! Always happy to see the creations from this week or last. Most important part is to share your wonderful work with us!

Lisa – I use the Expression with CCR and haven’t had any difficulties. I still use my Gypsy too. This seems to work well for me!

Joyful Carol – you just don’t stop lately! BigGrin Great card from last week with plenty of details and special touches - TFS! Love your Sketch #2 – the blue is such a wonderful accent colour and love that rabbit! Love your inking and embossing!

BingoLady – Glad you could drop-in and borrow Turtlebug’s computer. Great card from Sketch #4 - the colourful papers are nicely anchored with the mint green solid paper. The embossing works well too!

I won't have time to get to my craftroom until the weekend but I plan on tackling the ad colours! Have a great evening!

*NanaDonna* Offline
#17 Posted : Thursday, October 24, 2013 8:12:45 AM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Good morning everyone, I did not get started on my card everyday, I got sidetracked and here is why.
I will share with you a text I received yesterday'

I AM SOOOOOOO EXCITED!!!!!!!!BigGrin Laugh OhMyGod Tongue Wub

She is a bit happier here

For those of you that are not familiar that is our great granddaughter Emma holding the sign.

after I got the text we Skyped with them for about an hour, they are across the country from us in Maine.

Edited by user Thursday, October 24, 2013 8:13:58 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

LisaW. Offline
#18 Posted : Thursday, October 24, 2013 9:46:29 AM(UTC)
LisaW.

United States

Was thanked: 135 time(s) in 92 post(s)
Big congratulations to NanaDonna...how exciting.
DeeScraps Offline
#19 Posted : Thursday, October 24, 2013 11:16:31 AM(UTC)
DeeScraps

Nana Donna...congratulations! What wonderful news that is.

I finished one card and it's Sketch #2. The BG paper is a Graphic 45 Paper scrap from last year. The pumpkins were also cut from a single-sheet paper that was in my scraps. It's probably from Joanns, but I really can't remember. The letters are some Halloween Stickers that I bought several years ago on sale at Target, and the burlap is from Hobby Lobby. The twine is from MFT.

Thanks for looking....Dee

[img=http://][/img]
*NanaDonna* Offline
#20 Posted : Friday, October 25, 2013 4:44:54 PM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Gosh it is really quiet around hereConfused I hope everyone will get sometime to create this weekend.

I FINALLY got my sketch #2 done, I feel like it has taken me forever.OhMyGod

All the paper started out as plain white except for the silver area.
I cut the snowflakes using my new Anna Griffin Winter Wonderland cartridge. I love it, it has so many nice things on it. I sprayed them with Frost colored Glimmer Mist and the white with pearl. I cut the ribbon banner using the Artiste cartridge. I embossed the back using a Sizzix snowflake embossing folder, then sprayed the edged with the Frost, some areas got a little more covered than I would have liked but I think it looks ok. I added a few CTMH silver glitter dew drops. TFL

Off to get ready to out to dinner then poker night. I am sure you will see more cards with the Winter Wonderland cartridge because Turtlebug & Bingolady each got one too!ThumpUp
DeeScraps Offline
#21 Posted : Friday, October 25, 2013 6:07:42 PM(UTC)
DeeScraps

Nana Donna...I was thinking the same thing...very quiet on the board. You all have a good time tonight. I'll be back tomorrow to post my comments, but I wanted to post this card tonight.

Sketch #2 and Colors......The kraft paper is from MFT and the PPs are all scraps from the My Minds Eye, Haunted 6x6 paper pack. If you looks hard you can see some blue in there. LOL. Button and twine were in my stash.

I'm going to a big craft show tomorrow. They always have such great things. BigGrin

Dee

DeeScraps Offline
#22 Posted : Friday, October 25, 2013 6:13:10 PM(UTC)
DeeScraps

Now here's a photo of our "little princess." She didn't want to take her gloves off. Notice the banana! LOL.

Gisele Offline
#23 Posted : Saturday, October 26, 2013 5:20:20 AM(UTC)
Gisele

NanaDonna – Congratulations – how exciting for your family! Great photos of Emma – she doesn’t look to happy about becoming a big sister in the first ones. Very cute! Love your sketch #2 card with your new cart and all of the inking/sprays. I have added Winter Wonderland to my wishlist. Hope you had a great poker night!

Dee – Love your G45 papers and Sketch #2 card. Love the use of burlap! Wonderful Sketch #1 in the ad colours – I do see the blue! Hope you have fun at the craft show and come home with some great finds! Oh my your “little princess” is adorable with her gloves on – TFS!

I’m hoping to find a bit of time to make another card this weekend! Have fun everyone!

Joyful Carol Offline
#24 Posted : Saturday, October 26, 2013 3:27:26 PM(UTC)
Joyful Carol

Here is a second sketch #2. It is a thank you card I made for our pastor. I tried something new on the inside of the card and that is making a pop-up. It went fairly well until I realized my cut image was too large. Instead of cutting another I just changed the way I used it inside the card. I used an Inspired Heart image cut at 3" on the inside. On the outside I printed out a Bible verse to stick in the square.
Thank you 1.jpg
Thank you 2.jpg
Thank you 3.jpg
DeeScraps Offline
#25 Posted : Sunday, October 27, 2013 1:24:20 PM(UTC)
DeeScraps

Hi,

Nothing I "had-to-have" at the craft show yesterday and boy was it hot!

I finished sketch #3. The doily is a MFT die-cut. I'm not sure what the flower dies are. The papers are from American Crafts. Hope your can see the Stickles on the photo.

TFL, Dee

DeeScraps Offline
#26 Posted : Sunday, October 27, 2013 3:58:28 PM(UTC)
DeeScraps

My card looses a lot in the above photo. It looks much nicer in person because the Stickles on the pine leaves really sparkle.

Gisele...thanks for hosting. I'm so glad that I finally have some time to get in the craft room.

Your #1 sketch is very nice. That's another one of my favorite color-combos. You did a great job on the flower. Did you put vellum behind the cut-out hearts?

Your #2 sketch is wonderful. A great choice of papers and the plane is giving me some ideas.

Your #3 really pops with all the bling. Love the colors and how they look together. Your friend will be thrilled with it, I'm sure.

Your #4 sketched amazes me. What a great job you did of putting things together. That is one cartridge that I wish I had. Very nice extra-credit card. Who makes the background paper?

Dee

1 user thanked DeeScraps for this useful post.
Gisele on 10/28/2013(UTC)
DeeScraps Offline
#27 Posted : Sunday, October 27, 2013 4:24:14 PM(UTC)
DeeScraps

Joyful Carol....Such a cute card from last week's sketch.

Your #2 sketch is great. Love the cut, embossing, and the eyes! Your second take on the sketch is also very nice. I've never made a pop-out card before so I really enjoyed seeing this.

Bingo Lady...beautiful card from last week's sketch. The BG paper is so nice and bight and the white outlines and yellow brads make everything pop. Hope you get a computer soon.

Nana Donna...Beautiful #2 sketch. The embossing looks great, as does the coloring. This looks like a very nice cartridge. The glitter dew drops look good. Very pretty card.

Dee
*NanaDonna* Offline
#28 Posted : Sunday, October 27, 2013 4:34:58 PM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Here is my sketch #1, kind of a strange looking card, but I think it is OKHuh . The papers were printed using my Imagine and the Snapshot Texture cartridge.
The black circles were cut using the CTMH Artbooking cartridge. The "button" was cut using the CTMH Artiste cartridge four times and glued together, I stamped it with a CTMH stamp to give it the pattern. Ribbon banner cut using CTMH Art Philosophy, typing this made me realize I used all 3 of my CTMH cartridges. The happy birthday I had in my stash so I have no idea where it was cut from. TFL

TurtleBug Offline
#29 Posted : Sunday, October 27, 2013 10:43:44 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

Was thanked: 905 time(s) in 576 post(s)
Gisele
#1 - Very pretty, love the inked flower with the pretty button center, and Paisley pattern paper. Like the "frosted" look of the cut-out heart panel, cery creative!
#2 - Great card for your DN, very masculine and perfect paper patterns for a guy. LOVE the plane...coming in for a "landing"!
#3 and Ex. Credit - Perfect sample for this sketch, love all the details and embellishments. The bird at the corner brings the whole card together perfectly. Beautiful card for your dear friend!!
#4 - WOW! You made a very cute Hello Kitty from all the different cart cuts...so nice the colors and patterns all mix so well together.
2 from 1 Sketch Credit - Cute Gingerbread man, icing outline looks soooo real!! Like him in a Santa hat, nice pattern papers and Christmas tree background.

Joyful Carol
Last Week Sketch #1 - Very fun and colorful, like the felt Bear and the yummy cupcakes. Like the gilttery cardstock, too!
#2 - So cute!! Love the guitar-playing Bunny and shimmery blue banner.
2 from 1 Sketch Credit - Very nice card for your Pastor, love the embossing and nice paper patterns. The inside is awesome, love the silhouette and swirl, and the way it pops out.

BingoLady
Last Week Sketch #4 - Love the BG paper and the embossed banners, like the cute button centers on the flowers. Like that you have started adding more matting to your cards, makes everything show up such much better...nice work!!

DeeScraps -
Your Little Princess is so cute, love her expression and dark curly hair and dark eyes. Get used to the gloves...will be a while before she outgrows them!!WinkTFS!
#2 - Love the use of pumpkins for the circles in the sketch and the burlap square is the perfect touch. Very cute card!
#2 & Ad Colors - Like the BG paper in print pattern and the labels work well for the circles in the sketch, nice Chevron banner. Very nice Halloween card!
#3 - So pretty! Love the double Doily and the Birds flying around. Nice placement of all the greenery, I do see some of the Stickles on the card. I know what you mean about some of the details not showing up, it is usually the details that add so much to a card.SadSad
Such will power at the Craft Show!! I am REAL good at talking myself into buying stuff I feel I JUST have to have!

NanaDonna
Congrats on the good news!!
#2 - Beautiful!!! Great embossing and love the pretty snowflakes with the blue shadow background from our new Anna Griffin cartridge...can hardly wait to use mine!I think the blue inking looks very nice and gotta love the silver glitter Dew Drops!
#1 in Ad Colors - Great male card, the blue panel looks like jeans material, the layered button and banner look very nice. Lucky you...printing out the exact color and pattern paper you need at the touch of a button!!

Still have not made even one card...Drove to Yuma (3 hrs one way) on Saturday for a Soccer game and 3 hrs back, so tiring. So, had a lazy day today, even took a 2 hr. nap which I hardly ever do and wanted to start a card this evening, but by the time dinner was over it got late so decided to post my comments instead.
Hope everyone had a great week-end!Smile

Edited by user Sunday, October 27, 2013 10:50:57 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user thanked TurtleBug for this useful post.
Gisele on 10/28/2013(UTC)
laurahunter Offline
#30 Posted : Monday, October 28, 2013 10:37:27 AM(UTC)
laurahunter

Was thanked: 289 time(s) in 271 post(s)
Here are two cards I made using sketch # 2. One is for my 5 yr old niece, the second is for my 7 year old nephew. Both of the cuts are from swaps here on the MB. The pumpkin costume was from Paperdoll dress up and Frankenstein is from Happy Hauntings. All paper , ribbon, brads, stickers were from my stash.
laurahunter attached the following image(s):
A.jpg