Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
TurtleBug Offline
#31 Posted : Tuesday, September 17, 2013 2:15:02 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 905 time(s) in 576 post(s)
Hello again!
Went to post my cards at NanaDonna's yesterday, they looked so nice. She transferred them to my Photobucket. So, here I am today back to Computer #2, instead of scanning my cards I will use my camera and post this way next time. My DD picked up my computer last night and now I won't have it till next week!Sad Sad
A HUGH thanks to Donna, my awesome Mentor, for her help!Wub

My Card Sketch #2in the Ad Colors:
Leaves - Sizzix "Branches & Leaves" die
Striped Paper - Michael's single sheet rack
Stamp - Michael's rubber stamp
Embossing - Cuttlebug "Forest Branches"
Panels - Cut on my MS paper cutter
Added tiny Brads at the corners which I colored with a Rust color Sharpie.
TFL!!Smile

[img][/img]

Edited by user Tuesday, September 17, 2013 2:25:43 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

TurtleBug Offline
#32 Posted : Tuesday, September 17, 2013 2:37:35 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

My Card Sketch #4

Circle - Plantin SchoolBook cartridge
Heart Paper - "All Seasons" stack from Micheal's Recollections
Hearts and "LOVE" - Artiste cartridge
Embossing - Darice "Hearts" folder
Corners - ek Corner Punch
Added pearls and misted the "LOVE" with Perfect Pearls Mist in "Pearl".
TFL!!Smile

[img][/img]
*NanaDonna* Offline
#33 Posted : Tuesday, September 17, 2013 5:08:09 PM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Was thanked: 2545 time(s) in 1320 post(s)
FINALLY I got my sketch #1 done! I have been working on it for almost a week now. It has been a bit hectic at my house the last week, so I just had little bits of time to get in my craft room. Hopefully I will be able to craft tomorrow.
Today one of our granddaughters and great-granddaughters came over today to visit with us. She loves to cook and loves my spaghetti sauce and meatballs so I had her make it with me standing by, it was fun. It is almost done so we will be able to eat in a while.Flapper Drool

Polka dot paper is from Michaels. The blue strip is some holographic paper I have had in my stash for a long time. The fish is Whimsy digital image I colored with Copics and added Liquid Glaze to the lips. Added some "raindrops" water splashes. The sentiment is stamped on Spellbinder cut outs.
The fish bowl is cut using Create a Critter and has an acetate front

Edited by user Wednesday, September 18, 2013 11:51:32 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

JeanP Offline
#34 Posted : Wednesday, September 18, 2013 10:56:29 AM(UTC)
JeanP

United States

Was thanked: 735 time(s) in 618 post(s)
I might try this challenge one of these days!!!

Like the cards. TFS
*NanaDonna* Offline
#35 Posted : Wednesday, September 18, 2013 11:53:08 AM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Originally Posted by: JeanP Go to Quoted Post
I might try this challenge one of these days!!!

Like the cards. TFS

WHY wait jump right in we would love to have you join us and see your creations. Is your avatar a picture of your with TIM HOLTZ?

TurtleBug Offline
#36 Posted : Wednesday, September 18, 2013 1:22:05 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

Kiethann
#4 - How cute! Love the pastel color flowers and how you flipped it. Great idea to have the card open up that way. Are the flower stems from the WIMG cart, also? It is sure to brighten your DS's girlfriend's day!

BingoLady
#2 - Nice, like the soft pink printed BG paper and the girl image...that is some designer bag she has on her arm!Laugh Laugh

NanaDonna
#1 - Saw this card not quite finished at your house the other day...it turned out so cute!! You did an excellent job with the Copics coloring Mr. Fish! In person, the center halogram panel gives the effect of "water waves" and the water 3-D splashes look really neat through the acetate fishbowl. Great card!!

OhMyGod OhMyGod Thought I only had one more sketch to do, but I still have two more. Better get my mojo going!!
TurtleBug Offline
#37 Posted : Wednesday, September 18, 2013 1:26:40 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

Originally Posted by: JeanP Go to Quoted Post
I might try this challenge one of these days!!!Like the cards. TFS

Hi JeanP,
TODAY is that day!! Please join us, you will be glad you did. Saw some awesome stuff on your Blog, these sketches should be a breeze for you. We would love to see your interpretation of our Bi-Weekly sketches!Smile

Edited by user Wednesday, September 18, 2013 1:33:21 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

*NanaDonna* Offline
#38 Posted : Wednesday, September 18, 2013 5:42:44 PM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Well I was able to get my sketch #4 done todayBigGrin
The background paper is some that I had in my stash and is Paper Pizazz. It fit in with the
Fall Ad colors this week. The plain colored paper in the back I embossed using my Martha Stewart score board. I cut the half circle using Art Philosophy. This is a large card a letter sized piece of paper folded in half. I made it this big so I could fit my leaves on it.
I cut the leaves out of watercolor paper using the Artbooking cartridge. I recently saw this technique on Splitcoast Stampers. You can check it out HERE if you want the details on how to make them.
This is one of those card that looks so much prettier in person as the leaves are all glossy.
I did not add a sentiment yet as I am not sure how I will use it. Thinking of using it for my daughters birthday which is in November. TFL

OOPS, and I forgot to mention that I made it BACKWARDS!!!!!!!!! I was so mad after I stuck it down and discovered I glued it to the wrong sideCursing Crying Scared Oh well I guess it still looks OK.

Edited by user Wednesday, September 18, 2013 6:59:53 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

*NanaDonna* Offline
#39 Posted : Wednesday, September 18, 2013 7:01:20 PM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Just a FYI for all Bingolady called me today and told me her computer burnt up YIKES so she won't be around for a while.
LisaW. Offline
#40 Posted : Friday, September 20, 2013 7:45:30 AM(UTC)
LisaW.

United States

Was thanked: 135 time(s) in 92 post(s)
Hello ladies

My vacation is over and unfortunately this nagging cold is still bringing my household down...the one the shared the cold with us is the only one that is all better after more than a week. I swear we have bought out the cold medicine aisle and it just hangs on.

I did manage to get lazy self off the couch yesterday and make a few cards. Since I had already done my sketches I took the opportunity to work on the challenge that I missed. I took a lot of liberties on couple of the sketches, lol.

Sketch #1...mom's bday and also wanted to fit in most of the ad colors from this week. Lace was the extra credit for that week...I don't have any lace whatsoever in my stash to use for the extra credit so just used ribbon.

Cartridge: Walk in my garden...pot cut at 2-1/2.
Punch: Ki for the flowers and added yellow pearls for the center.

Sketch #2: Niece's favorite holiday is halloween so I got one done...not quite as the sketch but along the same lines.

Cartridge: Everyday paper dolls for the web...I think it was cut at 3 but not positive. Also same cartridge for the spiders...2 cut at 1 inch and the big one cut at 2.
Spellbinders: Circle
Punch: Drippy Goo

Sketch #3: I really stretched this oneBigGrin

Cartridge: Everyday paper dolls for the house cut at 3. The ghosts are just from a stamp I have cut out.

I am going to post the old way today...gotta get ready for work. I will be back later today to catch up.

Edited by user Friday, September 20, 2013 7:49:05 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

LisaW. attached the following image(s):
DSCF0488.JPG
DSCF0494.JPG
DSCF0492.JPG
LisaW. Offline
#41 Posted : Saturday, September 21, 2013 7:45:37 AM(UTC)
LisaW.

United States

NanaDonna: Thank you for the ad colors...love the fall colors. We are finally starting to cool down...we went from high 90s/100s to 70s/80s in about a 2-week span so hopefully cooler weather is coming. Hope you husband is doing well. Adorable fish card and love your coloring. Gorgeous fall colors and love how you did the leaves. The printed paper is so pretty. Backwards or not...still pretty.

DeeScraps: Thanks for popping in...miss you and hope you can join us soon. The paper on sketch #1 was from HL in one of the 12 x 12 books...don't remember which one as I tore all my tablets apart (not a smart idea, lol).

Keithann: Beautiful sketch for #1 in the ad colors. Glad you were able to get the photobucket t work for you. Sometimes I use photobucket and sometimes I use the "browse" method. I think photobucket is a little better. Great idea on sketch #4...looks like you "flipped" it. Love how you did the flowers.

Turtlebug: Sorry to hear about all your computer problems...sure hope they get fixed soon. Didn't think about a straw on my card...great idea for a future one:)
Sketch #4 from last week is very pretty...what a treat for your granddaughter. The metallic thread really draws your attention...now I want some, lol. Sketch #2 in the ad colors is gorgeous...love the tree branches in the different colors. Beautiful "love" card. Nice touch with the pearls in the hearts.

BingoLady: Beautiful sketch #1 in the ad colors. Like how you put the butterfly in the corner on top of the greens. Very nice sketch #2...love the colors. I don't have that cart but have forever young but can never figure out how to use the ladies...thanks for the idea. Yikes for Bingolady...we will miss you...hurry back.

Britishgirl: Sorry to hear about your hubby...best wishes for a speedy recovery. Wonderful of your brother to pop in. Ah yes...once the sports start it gets crazy but so worth it. Both of my kids had basketball going at the same time for years...so crazy. Unfortunately my son is done with basketball (only sport he played and doesn't want to anymore) so now down to just daughter playing.

Hope our string of bad luck (surgeries, burned up computers, etc.) ends quickly and we all get back to our creating. Have a great weekend everybody.

JeanP: Please join us...you will have so much fun.
 1 user thanked LisaW. for this useful post.
TurtleBug on 9/24/2013(UTC)
*NanaDonna* Offline
#42 Posted : Saturday, September 21, 2013 1:39:01 PM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Hello ladies - I have a quick card to share with you. Yesterday I was in such a rush to get this card done for our great-granddaughter that turns 4 today. I started out to use sketch #3 as my base, but I veered way way way off track. LOLBlushing BigGrin . This great-granddaughter was at our house on Tuesday and she really really loved being in my craftroom. She loves ladybugs and got a kick out of the googlie eyes. So when I saw this cut on the Birthday Bash cartridge, I had to use it to make this card. Papers are from a DCWV Nana's Kids stack.

TFL
britishgirl Offline
#43 Posted : Sunday, September 22, 2013 3:20:17 PM(UTC)
britishgirl

Was thanked: 237 time(s) in 142 post(s)
Hopefully this will post this is sketch # 1 and i added one of last weeks challenges to color a stamp this is a digi stamp from here http://sliekje.blogspot.com/ and i used the ad colors
britishgirl attached the following image(s):
IMG_2294.JPG
*NanaDonna* Offline
#44 Posted : Monday, September 23, 2013 1:30:06 PM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Gosh it has been so so quiet around here, sure hope our little challenge doesn't fall apart.
Love all the friendships and inspiration here.

Any one ready to host the next two week challenge starting on Wednesday 9/25?
*NanaDonna* Offline
#45 Posted : Monday, September 23, 2013 4:17:43 PM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Here is my sketch #2
Paper are Paper Pizzaz masculine pack. The tage was in the paper pack and matched the papers.
The happy birthday is from Calligraphy Collection and was done using sketch pens in my Cricut. The words were too small to cut so I wrote them with the pens, love having this option when you think it would not cut out right. TFL
DeeScraps Offline
#46 Posted : Monday, September 23, 2013 6:29:16 PM(UTC)
DeeScraps

Was thanked: 706 time(s) in 538 post(s)
Nana Donna.....I can take it for the next two weeks, but I don't have anything prepared. I'll have to do the cards as we go along.

Dee
LisaW. Offline
#47 Posted : Monday, September 23, 2013 8:11:29 PM(UTC)
LisaW.

United States

Thank you Dee for jumping in...I would have thrown some more sketches up too with no samples.

We have to keep this challenge going...without it I would never get any cards madeLOL and I sure would miss everybody. Kinda sad that we have lost so many. Wish we could find a way to get more people involved.

NanaDana: Adorable lady bug card...love the googly eyes. What cartridge is your title from? I love that look. Your sketch #2 is amazing...where did you get the Paper Pizzaz from?

Britishgirl: Wonderful to have you back and your card in the ad colors is awesome. I was too chicken to do the challenge.
*NanaDonna* Offline
#48 Posted : Monday, September 23, 2013 8:45:10 PM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Thanks Dee for offering to host, that would be awesome, we will all make our card together BigGrin . Will you do the Ad colors also.

Thanks Lisa for offering to jump in again, but glad that Dee will host. I agree I sure hope we can keep this going and would love to attract more people but the MB just is not that active anymore unfortunately.

Sure miss Bingolady and hope she gets a computer and can come back in and join in with us.

Lisa - re-happy birthday on sketch 3, that was cut using a Make the Cut file, which is a 3rd part software that PC frowns uponGlare Paper Pizzaz is a line of paper that Paper Wishes carry, I think it is their own paper line.

I just found this link to buy that paper pack at WalMart on line Masculine paper
TurtleBug Offline
#49 Posted : Tuesday, September 24, 2013 12:14:46 AM(UTC)
TurtleBug

Hi Everyone,
Finally got alot of things out of the way this past week and week-end and now have more crafting time. Will post my #1 nad #3 cards tomorrow. Still don't have my computer back, using Computer #2 but not too happy how the cards post from Photobucket on this one. Like my card #2 for this week is a 5X6.5 and it posts very oblong(???). But, will have to do until I get Computer #1 back.Sad Sad

LisaW.
#1 - Very nice, like the colors of the pattern paper, and the cute watercan filled with flowers.
#2 - Great colors and Halloween details throughout. The "dripping" border with the "EEK" looks so cool with the sparkly BG paper.
#3 - Perfect BG paper for the haunted house and I like the the border with all the Halloween words printed on it.

NanaDonna
#3 - It is at least 90% Sketch #3...LOL So cute, and love the girly paper. The Ladybug in pink is very girly, too, (from the traditional red & black)! Bet she enjoyed those googly eyes on the Ladybug!!BigGrin
#2 - Love it!! Awesome male card, like the tiny print of the BG paper. Great colors and tags.

Britishgirl
#1 Last week in Ad Colors - You nailed those Fall Ad Challenge colors on this card. The image is so cute and you did great with the coloring. Like the layered flower..very nice card.

Edited by user Tuesday, September 24, 2013 12:21:08 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Kiethann Offline
#50 Posted : Tuesday, September 24, 2013 9:45:25 AM(UTC)
Kiethann

United States

Was thanked: 453 time(s) in 339 post(s)
I am still around. Hoped to get at least one more card made for this challenge. Have been pretty busy with some projects but think maybe could squeeze in a card today. will try my best.
TurtleBug Offline
#51 Posted : Tuesday, September 24, 2013 1:24:24 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

Sorry this is posting so HUGH! Not able to edit picture on Adobe.Sad No Cricut on here, no time...just put this one together real quick.

My #3 Sketch Card:
Sentiment - Computer-generated
Sun - Is a foam cutout which I added the eyes and smile using White Enamel Accents
Tag - Spellbinder
Banners - I cut from ribbons
The blue BG is glittered cardstock. Not sure where the pattern paper is from.
TFL!!Smile

Edited by user Tuesday, September 24, 2013 3:21:00 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Kiethann Offline
#52 Posted : Tuesday, September 24, 2013 2:10:53 PM(UTC)
Kiethann

United States

Was thanked: 453 time(s) in 339 post(s)
like your card. The print on the ribbons are very pretty. The whole card is very cheerful and bright.
 1 user thanked Kiethann for this useful post.
TurtleBug on 9/24/2013(UTC)
LisaW. Offline
#53 Posted : Tuesday, September 24, 2013 7:33:25 PM(UTC)
LisaW.

United States

Turtlebug...I love your card and especially how you did the ribbon.

Keithann...we will be looking forward to your card.

Thank you ladies for the wonderful cards these past two weeks...I will be back for another host soonBigGrin
LisaW. Offline
#54 Posted : Tuesday, September 24, 2013 7:34:32 PM(UTC)
LisaW.

United States

Turtlebug...I love your card and especially how you did the ribbon.

Keithann...we will be looking forward to your card.

Thank you ladies for the wonderful cards these past two weeks...I will be back for another host soonBigGrin