Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

86 Pages«<8081828384>»
cropdropnroll Offline
#2431 Posted : Wednesday, September 11, 2013 10:07:03 AM(UTC)
cropdropnroll

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 59 time(s) in 55 post(s)
Good Afternoon and Happy Hump Day (*doing the happy camel dance*)!

JCI to see what's going on and to give our group a little bump on the MB. Nothing crafty really going on this week. I have a DT project due, and a PCP SSD challenge to complete this weekend.

Treva - Sending a wave of strength your way!! Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted. Matt 5:4

Waving hello to all and sending cyber hugs!

Take care.

Lisa
Cassie Offline
#2432 Posted : Thursday, September 12, 2013 4:53:48 AM(UTC)
Cassie

United States

Was thanked: 308 time(s) in 251 post(s)
Good Morning Everyone & Happy Friday Eve!!!

I thought the cricut site was down, but apparently, my bookmarked link is down. LOL!!! Finally decided to just type in cricut.com and here I am.

I've been quite busy. Finished a mini last week and posted to my blog. This week, I"ve been focusing on getting things done for my part-time job. Company is doing a seminar next month and I've been doing some prep work.

I'm looking forward to some craft time this weekend. I colored a Kenny K digi a few weeks ago and haven't put them girls on a card yet. This may be one of my best coloring jobs yet. I keep staring at them because I"m so proud of what I did, LOL!!!

Alright, it's time for my morning walk around the block with my coworker. Check you all out later!
HisGem Offline
#2433 Posted : Thursday, September 12, 2013 8:18:52 PM(UTC)
HisGem

Was thanked: 484 time(s) in 332 post(s)
Que pasa chicas!?!

It seems like forever since I been on here! I had some log in issues Glare How is everyone? I have not been doing a whole lot of crafting lately. I hope with this break from school I will be able to play a little more. As some of you know I am no longer on the DT for BossKut. They decided to rest the team for awhile since all of the members were at different phases in life. I have to admit, I don't create as much since that team is gone. I am still on SOC, Practical Scrappers, CEM and a new(er) team, Beautiful Awakenings. I am so grateful for those teams and I am happy there is breathing room with each of them. I dont feel pressured, but at the same time, I think I need that push; you know? My prayer is that this break will allow ALL of the creative juices to flow freely! It is flowing like a creek but I need a little more LOL.

I just wanted to pop in and check in!

Waving hello to Renee, Treva, Netta, Lisa, Cassie and others...I miss y'all Crying Kenya~
Cassie Offline
#2434 Posted : Tuesday, September 17, 2013 4:07:24 AM(UTC)
Cassie

United States

Good Morning All,

Why has it been so hard to log in? Site would not recognize my password but here I am!!!

How is everyone? Missing our daily chatter.

Me: I had to cancel my weekend crop due to low participation. I moved it to the spring. But, my friend has a crop next month, so I'm going to hers. I'm kind of excited about it too. No work involved, I just get to create. Need to start going through the kids school albums this weekend to see what I need to finish and make the retreat weekend about that; finishing school layouts.

Alright, need to go feed my sinus congestion.

Have a GREAT day ALL!
~~TP98~~ Offline
#2435 Posted : Wednesday, September 18, 2013 6:47:46 AM(UTC)
~~TP98~~

United States

Was thanked: 428 time(s) in 119 post(s)
Hello and Happy Hump Day....

JCI to wish everyone a happy scrappin' day, not much going on in my world. I did get a chance to play some over the weekend, looking forward to when I can play more. I can't believe these cool morning temps already, I'm thinking I need some hot chocolate! I do like the fall and spring seasons better than the harsh temps of winter and summer.

Cassie, I was so looking forward the the retreat so I should be good and ready by May. It should be alot of fun since its NSD.

Waving hello and wishing you all a blessed day.
tsrel Offline
#2436 Posted : Sunday, September 22, 2013 7:39:28 PM(UTC)
tsrel

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered

Was thanked: 78 time(s) in 37 post(s)
Hello All,

It's been ages since I have been here, but I miss the relationships that were formed over on this thread. I have not crafted much in the last year and a half and I hate that. I am trying to get back to my passion, but it never seems to have enough time in the day. I pray that everyone is well I will not go back and catch up but will go forward from here. Have you guys been crafting much?

It's been ages and this may be a silly question, but did they ever fix it where you could get the chat on your phone again?
cropdropnroll Offline
#2437 Posted : Monday, September 23, 2013 11:50:03 AM(UTC)
cropdropnroll

Was thanked: 59 time(s) in 55 post(s)
Hello Monday,

JCI to see what wonderful projects were created this past weekend. And much to my surprise, it's been a ghost town! OhMyGod

Tsrel - Good to "see" you. I've been doing some crafting, but I really need to kick it into gear. I'm on a DT, which pushes me to complete 2 projects/month; and I'm doing a monthly challenge over at PCP. I don't know if I could survive not crafting for over a year - I might be in a straight-jacket by then!! Scared Welcome home. Don't be a stranger.

Treva - I was looking forward to the retreat, too; but my Pastor's wedding is on the same w/e!! I was in tears when I realized the conflict. I'm looking forward to the one in May, too. It'll be great seeing everyone. Cassie and I are heading to another crop the w/e of Oct 19th - with our March retreat crew; so this should be fun.

Waving hello to all.
~~TP98~~ Offline
#2438 Posted : Monday, September 23, 2013 12:47:40 PM(UTC)
~~TP98~~

United States

BigGrin Hello and Happy FallBigGrin

Just doing a quick driveby post as I've been all over the place today, trying to do a little catching up here and there. Lots going on at work and home as usual, still got some unresolved business/issues relating to my sister which is a big energy drainer. Crying The healing can't start just yet so that's just par for the course.

On a brighter note I have been able to work on a few cards things, updated my blog and have tirelessly been trying to crank out thank you cards.

Tonya, glad to see you found your way home, hope you'll be able to stop in more often.

Lisa, have fun at the crop and if I didn't have a schedule conflict I would have joined you all!

Waving hello and wishing everyone a happy scrappin' day!
Cassie Offline
#2439 Posted : Tuesday, September 24, 2013 8:06:28 AM(UTC)
Cassie

United States

Good Morning All & Happy Tuesday!!!

Tonya!!! - It's great to see you. It's been far too long. I enjoy the grandmother tales on FB, lol!!!

Treva - I'm just happy to hear you are continuing to craft.

Lisa - I think 2 DT and 1 Challenge a month is pretty good for you considering your football/cheer schedule. Won't even mention the event next month, lol!!!

Kenya - I still have Hawaii on the brain. Next year I need to officially start planning my Hawaii vacation. I'll take all the tips and pointers you have.

I'm still organizing the house. Last Thursday, I filled a kitchen trashcan with paper for recycling; filled a gift bag with papers for shredding, and filled a huge store bag with regular trash. This has been a long process. After 5 weeks, I'm 1/2 to my goal. Well, after purple heart picks up this huge donation tomorrow, I'll be 1/2 way. I need to find some type of storage for our bicycles to stay under the deck, or else I'm taking them to my dad's for the winter. LOL!

Have a GREAT day ALL.

Roll Call - IslandV, Truth, Pkay, BDM, Michelle, MMDesignz, Sharon, Ellamap, Coffee, and everyone else I missed. Stop by and give us a wave!
~~TP98~~ Offline
#2440 Posted : Friday, September 27, 2013 12:46:54 PM(UTC)
~~TP98~~

United States

Hello FridayBigGrin

The countdown is on, what's on your scrappin' agenda this weekend?

Waving hello and wishing everyone a happy scrappin' weekend!
tsrel Offline
#2441 Posted : Sunday, September 29, 2013 7:56:08 PM(UTC)
tsrel

Hello Ladies, and Happy Sunday night. I spent the day watching football and am doing that now. I crafted only a bit. I am attempting to do a mock project life for my grand daughters and god daughter, but it is not happening. I like the concept but I am an embellishment hog. I have had a hard time getting little to know embellishments thru my mind.

Treva, thanks for making me feel at home. You ladies don't know how much you mean to me. I just allowed the enemy, to keep me away. I am not going to allow life to get in the way anymore.

Cassie, I forgot to post it but I just loved the onesies. Absolutely beautiful.

Does Dainty Diva come here anymore?

tsrel Offline
#2442 Posted : Tuesday, October 01, 2013 7:28:13 AM(UTC)
tsrel

Good morning ladies. I am off for a few more days after my surgery so I will spend a little time crafting. I can never get organized, which kills me. I am attempting to do project life for the granddaughters and god daughter. Here is my first page.

Ok, Maybe not. WIll have to get someone to help me learn how to insert photos.

Cassie Offline
#2443 Posted : Tuesday, October 01, 2013 11:42:36 AM(UTC)
Cassie

United States

Hello Crafty People!!!

I am T-I-R-E-D!!! I don't know from what.. lack of sleep or all this chatter surrounding the government shut down. I support a gov't contract but fortunately for me, we are in our own building versus a gov't facility. I'm a little peeved at my Project Manager for not saying anything to us, one way or another though. It's nearing 3pm and he hasn't said a peep. We have staff in government offices and they have to use their vacation leave, which most of them have very little of.

Tonya - Alright now, you are back to crafting. To attach a picture:
1)Start your post as usual
2)Click the "attach files to this post?" box under the options section.
3)Enter the security image and click the Post button.
4)Click the browse button to select your photo from your computer, then click OK.
5)Now click the Upload button beside the file name.
6)Click the back button and tadaaa!!!

I think I'm ready to upload and order prints to complete both kids' school albums. I have my fingers crossed. I have 6 2pg LOs for DS and 8 for DD. If I get nothing else accomplished during the crop weekend but that, I'll feel great. I guess before then, I need to attempt some page kits.

Have a GREAT day all.

Edited by user Tuesday, October 01, 2013 11:44:46 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

BulldogMommy Offline
#2444 Posted : Tuesday, October 01, 2013 3:49:49 PM(UTC)
BulldogMommy

United States

Was thanked: 406 time(s) in 209 post(s)
WAVING!!!! (per Cassie's instructions from a week ago...) BigGrin

Hey Ladies! Nice to "see" you again. I haven't been here in a LOOOOONG time. Haven't really crafted in just as long, other than a couple of things for the kids. I have a list of scrapbook pages I want to do, just need to make the time to do them. I was thinking I would have time starting today. I was supposed to be laid off today, but it's been pushed out until mid-November. I was actually looking forward to some down time, and was planning to do my job hunting in the new year. Now it looks like I may just roll over into another job. Don't get me wrong, I am beyond grateful for that, but at the same time, a few weeks off to do some things for myself sounded pretty nice... Wink Wink

Hopefully I'll do a better job with checking in. Have a great week everyone!
~~TP98~~ Offline
#2445 Posted : Wednesday, October 02, 2013 6:33:54 AM(UTC)
~~TP98~~

United States

Hello and Happy Wednesday.....

So nice to see both Tonya's stop in and share with us in the same weekBigGrin

This government shutdown is wearing on my nerves, why can't they just get along? I sure hope it ends soon if for nothing else so it can free up the chatter on television. I don't watch tv that much but this whole thing seems to have taken overCrying

Cassie you are so organized, I can never get pagekits made so that's one reason it takes me forever to do anything. I'm tired too, I think it has something to do with the weather or the fact that I don't sleep well anyway.

Did you know that not only is October Breast Cancer Awareness month but its Domestic Violence Awareness, Liver Awareness, Healthy Lung Awaremenss and Down Syndrome Awareness! The list goes on especially if you include observances in other countries. So lets choose a cause and make a difference, that's the end of my public service spill.

Waving hello and wishing everyone a happy scrappin' day! Do you have plans for World Cardmaking Day?
Cassie Offline
#2446 Posted : Monday, October 07, 2013 9:42:42 AM(UTC)
Cassie

United States

Good Morning All!!

Not much going on here. I creating my first card template using another product. I made a vertical step card. I was too tickled after making squares and cut lines and score lines, but I got it! Haven't decorated the card yet, but hopefully I'll have something to show for it by the end of the week.

Stayed home most of Saturday, which felt good. Even had a movie night the the kids (Parental Guidance). It was a good movie.

Alright, I started this post hours ago....
~~TP98~~ Offline
#2447 Posted : Tuesday, October 08, 2013 6:19:50 AM(UTC)
~~TP98~~

United States

Morning and Hello Tuesday....

I meant to post yesterday but I had a rough day and I couldn't get myself focused; anyway today I'm feeling better so I decided to start here.BigGrin The fall temps had me wishing I could stay in but I'm off on Friday and I have to leave early for DD's ortho appointment so I've got to press onward.

The weekend goes by so fast, I had to help in the yard on Saturday which meant my inside chores suffered. After being out in the sun I didn't feel much like doing anything on the inside. After church on Sunday we had to go to Norfolk for a wake, another death (DH's uncle) last week so of course I didn't do any chores. Oh well such is life, just gotta take it one day at time.

I'm particpating in a month of purging over at SOC so that's helping some but not enough, this hoarding has to go cease! I pulled some items from my closet as I decided what to wear today.
I went to TM last night and since they didn't have what I was looking for I decided not to ge the Big Shot (even though I wanted it) and some other scrappy items they had on sale this week! I was proud of myself because this purging has to reach into my scrappy supplies too!

So what are you doing and what are your plans this week, scrappy or otherwise?

Waving hello and wishing you all a happy scrappin' day!
Cassie Offline
#2448 Posted : Thursday, October 10, 2013 11:05:39 AM(UTC)
Cassie

United States

Good Afternoon All & Happy Friday Eve!!!

Where is everyone???

Treva - Although I'm not participating, I've been purging since August. It feels soooo good, to let things go that you don't need or intend to use anymore.

Plans this weekend: Need to finish up my house work tomorrow. Sunday is our turn to host the married couples fellowship. Our portion of the menu is set and games are ready. I'm also supposed to get my hair braided this weekend. Haven't been able to get a hold of my friend. I think she's hiding since she says I have too much hair to braid. LOL!! I didn't get a touch up last week in anticipation of getting braids. My thick mane is a hot mess.

Other than that, I've just been prepping for scrap retreat. I have made 7 2pg LO sketches and completed a semi kit for 4 of them. I realize I don't truly make page kits, but my version of one, works for me. I just choose my paper, cut pictures and make photo mats. I then, put the layout together, take a picture and pack it away. I don't add the embellies, titles, etc. when I put them away. I usually have the title written down on a post it note though. Hopefully tonight, I can get 2 more done.

Alright, t - 2 hours to quitting time!
Cassie Offline
#2449 Posted : Thursday, October 10, 2013 11:12:10 AM(UTC)
Cassie

United States

Thought I'd share what my page kit looks like. Nothing is glued down. After taking the pic, I paperclip everything in place, stack, and put away.
Cassie attached the following image(s):
Page Kit Example.jpg
momto2 Offline
#2450 Posted : Friday, October 11, 2013 10:27:48 AM(UTC)
momto2

Was thanked: 71 time(s) in 52 post(s)
Good afternoon all. Just checking in to see how all the other federal workers are holding up under the shutdown. I am considered essential, so I have been "volunteering" my services until the government re-opens. I got my partial paycheck from last fiscal year and it sort of really hit home seeing how small it was. Thankfully, DH is holding down the fort for us.

I am presently battling a severe sinus infection/bronchitis/cough varient asthma thingy without being able to take any leave (due to the furlough policys). I finished by my last of the z-pack and am hopeful that I will see some improvement in my cough now. I really want to craft, but I find that by the time I get home, all I can do is crawl into bed. DD is coming home this weekend, so I hope I can get into the craft studio while she is there. She always takes such a burden off of me when she is home, doing things for me, that maybe I can get up there to work. I have 2 or 3 half finished projects that I am really excited to get done.

Anywoo, hope all is well with everyone else.
Cassie Offline
#2451 Posted : Tuesday, October 15, 2013 2:45:15 AM(UTC)
Cassie

United States

Good Morning All & Happy Tuesday!!! How was your weekend?

Renee - hope you are feeling better and was able to get some craft time in while DD was home.

Nothing much going on. Hosted married couples and we had a blast playing Guesstures and Taboo. Much laughter and lots of accusations going on, lol!! Wives won both games. We did some serious talk about what we got out of our fellowships over the past 6 months and where we are headed with the group for next year. Got my hair braided yesterday and saved 15 minutes of my daily routine; at least for the next 2 months.

Have a GREAT day everyone!!!

Cassaundra "time to start packing for crafting"
HisGem Offline
#2452 Posted : Friday, October 18, 2013 12:52:51 PM(UTC)
HisGem

Hey, hey, hey and happy TGIF!!

JCI...the forum has been updated since my last visit...I like the format.

Not much going on my way. I was on a roll last week with getting some projects done, this week not so much! I am noticing if I don't have DT projects, I don't craft. I want to get back to that place where I crafted for fun not out of obligation...

I tried going in the room and reorganized my stamps, but I got bored and overwhelmed LOL

Again, just checking in to say HI!! Enjoy your weekend :D Kenya~

CraftyNetta Offline
#2453 Posted : Sunday, October 20, 2013 7:00:53 PM(UTC)
CraftyNetta

Was thanked: 69 time(s) in 62 post(s)
Good evening ladies, how are you all doing?

It has been awhile since I been on the board, I need to do a better job with work,, family and craft-life balance. The last things I created was for my family reunion in August. Everything in Raleigh was so nice, the family wants the next reunion in Boston, but the Boston crew threw everything in hosting in August. Lol, so we are in negotiating location.

My DH gave me a big scare in September, he had a heart attack and heart failure so the whole month is a blur to me. It was through the Grace of God and his healing powers that brought us through it. We have major lifestyle changes to make and we are adjusting. Now I am trying to get this man to slow down a bit.

Christmas season is coming up and I am getting the crafting itch, I think I will start my cards early and start thinking about my decorations.

Have you all brought anything new lately; I was looking at some of the cartridges but not happy about the how they are handling the gypsy. I am not sure if I will be buying new cartridges.

Good to see the ladies back on the board, Waving hi to Kenya, Treva, Cassie, Lisa, Renee, Pam, Tonya’s and anyone I missed.

Treva: I am continuing sending you and your family HUGS and you are in my prayers. You posted a beautiful picture of your sister on FB.

Kenya: Thank you for the encouraging words and texts.

Renee: I need you to give me that scraproom of your..lol

I really need to update my blog, it is calling me.lol
Have a good evening and great start of the week.
~~Netta~~
Gaylen Offline
#2454 Posted : Monday, October 21, 2013 12:06:17 AM(UTC)
Gaylen

Hello Ladies! New to this thread.Just want to introduce myself and say hello.Those of you that post here seem to be a close group and I hope you are all ok with a newbie joining in. I am primarily a scrapbooker, but I also make cards, craft, sew(a little)while trying to add quilting and crochet to my already overflowing craft-life. After browsing the forum I feel the urge to clean my craftroom and get organized...maybe next week BigGrin. Originally from the Dallas area, but lived other places and I travel often.I help organize scrapbook retreats twice a year with my friend. We usually have a full house of 40+ ladies,(Always looking for retreat ideas). Anyway, I am a late nighter so you will usually see me here in the wee hours.Looking forward to hanging out here.
Cassie Offline
#2455 Posted : Monday, October 21, 2013 11:02:16 AM(UTC)
Cassie

United States

Good Afternoon All,

I am back from the land of crafting. It was a great time and I got tons accomplished. I didn't even stay up 24 hrs this time, just 19, lol!!!

Gaylen - You are more than welcome to join in. Welcome Aboard!

Kenya - Talk about organizing. I had the strength to organize Lisa's scraps during the retreat. I looked out across the table of paper and thought, this is crazy, lol!!! I tend to get overwhelmed with trying to figure out what type of storage to use.

Netta - Too funny on negotiating location for the next reunion. I was almost tempted to do Christmas cards, after doing a challenge on the retreat. Gotta try out my new nesti embossing folders before I commit, LOL!!

Off today. Stayed in bed til 11:30. Got up, showered, made a few phone calls, and now, catching up with my DVR. Have a GREAT day All!!!!

File Attachment(s):
Card_Female Birthday 2.jpg (2,200kb) downloaded 14 time(s).
Card_Female Thank you.jpg (1,580kb) downloaded 9 time(s).
Coupon Book Cover.jpg (2,670kb) downloaded 10 time(s).
HisGem Offline
#2456 Posted : Thursday, October 24, 2013 8:21:45 AM(UTC)
HisGem

Good morning BigGrin

Welcome Gaylen!! Nice to "meet" you! I am not good at crocheting. I have tried but I can't get past the chain...or I guess that is what it is called Blushing I can't wait to see your creations!

Cassie, I finally tackled my stamp organization. I went through them and threw away some of the stamps because they were sticky Glare but I managed to put some in the cd cases and I made a binder for the others. I hope this will make the process easier for me in the future! So....will you come and organize my scraps LOL LOL I need to go through mine....Crying glad you got some things done during the retreat though!

Netta, glad hubby is feeling better! Still lifting you all up in prayer....how is your son? Better?

I haven't been in the lab this week...hopefully this weekend!!

Waving hello to Lisa, Treva, Renee, and others I may have missed. Kenya~

Edited by user Friday, October 25, 2013 8:19:54 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Cassie Offline
#2457 Posted : Thursday, October 24, 2013 11:44:48 AM(UTC)
Cassie

United States

Good Afternoon All & Happy Friday Eve!!

Nothing much going on. Just wanted to check in on my crafty family.

Edited by user Thursday, October 24, 2013 11:52:06 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

HisGem Offline
#2458 Posted : Friday, October 25, 2013 8:23:27 PM(UTC)
HisGem

Hey Hey,

Just popping while taking a much needed break from homework! I hope to get to create this weekend...
Gaylen Offline
#2459 Posted : Saturday, October 26, 2013 9:46:34 PM(UTC)
Gaylen

Hi Ladies!
Thanks for the warm welcome.I have had trouble getting on the chat for days. Maybe tech support finally responded to my inquiry. Anyway, had a busy couple of days and really ready to get to bed but my scraproom is a hot mess. I had someone stop by today and I felt really bad that it was so horrible so I keep thinking I should end this madness.I have so much scrapbooking to work on and throw pillows to make for my daughter's apt.None of which can happen til I clear off a work area. Received a few digital scrapbooks in the mail this week, which made me feel like I am making headway in getting caught up. Card class tomorrow after church. We have our scrap retreat coming up in Jan and we are almost full. Looking for an interesting twist to add to the retreat this year. We usually scrap, eat, repeat.We have the option this time to make it Thurs thru Mon and we need to add drawings or games or something new.

Cassie, what happens at your retreat? Is it just scrapping and meals? Any challenges or prizes? Anyone else do interesting things at retreats or all day crops?

OK...getting to the scraproom. Have a great weekend everyone!

Gaylen
Cassie Offline
#2460 Posted : Tuesday, October 29, 2013 4:30:56 AM(UTC)
Cassie

United States

Good Morning All & Happy Tuesday!!!!

Gaylen - What I do during the crop usually depends on the crowd. One year I did games and it was fun. Games included bingo, Craft Q&As, Who has ? in their stash questions, etc. You'd win tickets for each thing and use them for doorprizes. What I found that year though, is people just really wanted to crop. Even on crops I'm not hosting, I found myself not participating in games as much because I am too focused on getting my pages done. I will add a few games and/or challenges next year but only beause the crop is during National Scrapbook Day.

School was closed yesterday, so I took the day off. I got DD hair done, then we spent 4.5 hours making her poster that is due today. We had fun, but she was tickling me, trying to watch youtube videos on looming in between me making her hold the 12x24 mat or get test paper. Her poster is a poem she wrote about drama. So of course, her crafty mother got this grand idea about making a stage. Only thing missing is the drama mask and a microphone. I had no more left in me after tackling her hair.

Alright, have a GREAT day ALL!

Edited by user Tuesday, October 29, 2013 4:37:05 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Cassie attached the following image(s):
CAJ Drama Poster.jpg