Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

busymombethd7ec33f6 Offline
#1 Posted : Saturday, May 18, 2013 5:13:31 PM(UTC)
busymombethd7ec33f6

Groups: Registered

I would like to do some mass etchings on some glass mason jars. Is there a way to use the Cuttlebug to cut some vinyl, sticky-back, stencils I can use on the glass.

I am making these for my daughters wedding, so we are looking to mass produce about 250 Mason jars as wedding favors.

I want to create multiple stencils that would have the couples names, a clip art of the US Capitol (they are getting married in DC) and then some additional writing underneath that.

So I also need to know how to find a stencil of the US Capitol building, or is there a way to use my own clip art and feed that into the machine to be cut.

The Cricut site was not helpful at all to me.

thank you
sewnmachine Offline
#2 Posted : Saturday, May 18, 2013 6:06:32 PM(UTC)
sewnmachine

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered

Was thanked: 335 time(s) in 221 post(s)
There is a cartridge called "Destinations" that has images of the washington monument and the capital building. But it is a cartridge for the Cricut - not the Cuttlebug. And after looking at it I don't think those images could be used for etching. As for the writing that could be done with some of the font cartridges - but again, using the Cricut and alot of perseverance. It really sounds like an enormously difficult project.

Anyway, what you want to do really can't be done with a Cuttlebug.**** maybe there is someone else on the message board that can give you some other ideas or suggestions ****