Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

17 Pages«<23456>»
planlady19 Offline
#91 Posted : Saturday, May 04, 2013 5:49:19 AM(UTC)
planlady19

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 269 time(s) in 252 post(s)
Quote:
nope - no problem with real life clowns. But the cutesy stuff just creeps me out - I am an odd duck I tell ya.

don't put a face on anything for Kelly either...

Hi Gail - I look forward to being your partner. I just posted my answers and If you have any questions just send me a pm.

COB love the bear ....

terri
craftymomof2 Offline
#92 Posted : Saturday, May 04, 2013 6:35:34 AM(UTC)
craftymomof2

Was thanked: 86 time(s) in 84 post(s)
Waves to my partner, Barb!!! I am excited to create for you! I will send you a pm with my info. Let me know if you have any special wishes.

Hugs, Lana
 1 user thanked craftymomof2 for this useful post.
CricutCrazy on 5/5/2013(UTC)
ScrappinGwen Offline
#93 Posted : Saturday, May 04, 2013 7:42:17 AM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

Was thanked: 652 time(s) in 533 post(s)
everyone has checked in and acknowledged their partner so we are all set to go here!

I personally have probably not updated my MQ in forever.....so I should find time to do that in the very near future.

And there may be some good questions you are asking each other that maybe you want to ask on the thread for all of us to consider and we can add them to the list of questions.

So don't be afraid to post them.

GailLew Offline
#94 Posted : Saturday, May 04, 2013 9:07:06 AM(UTC)
GailLew

Was thanked: 119 time(s) in 90 post(s)
Hi PlanLady: It's Gail here, I finally posted my list (been busy, went to see a musical last night-> Billy Elliot... so good, the dancing is AMAZING), so I also saw yours too...Looks like we have similar tastes..

Just wanted to let you know that I am a beadaholic, so ask any of the Chunky Charm swappers that.. If you want a chunky charm or were ever curious about them, PLEASE ASK ME TO MAKE YOU ONE.. you can use it to embellish a mini album, hang it on your rear view mirror, purse.. I have any theme and color imaginable..

I know I will enjoy swapping with you.. if you dont want to share your "real" name, I can understand that..I'll just use your MB name..

Gail

CraftyOldBat Offline
#95 Posted : Saturday, May 04, 2013 12:18:47 PM(UTC)
CraftyOldBat

United States

Was thanked: 390 time(s) in 325 post(s)
Originally Posted by: GailLew Go to Quoted Post
if you dont want to share your "real" name, I can understand that..I'll just use your MB name..

Terri doesn't have a real name. LOL

Kazalah Offline
#96 Posted : Saturday, May 04, 2013 1:54:21 PM(UTC)
Kazalah

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 165 time(s) in 125 post(s)
CraftOldBat... every time I see your name on the MB I laugh. My mom's initials are BAT and Sometimes I joke with her and call her an old bat ( you'd have to know us to know how kooky we are lol)

Gwynne,

I'm not sure how many of the people in this swap are "new" to this but as you know this is only my second swap. Do you think you could post some pictures or samples of some the projects we can use in this swap? Smile

Lori
ScrappinGwen Offline
#97 Posted : Saturday, May 04, 2013 2:34:17 PM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

Lori, I will work on that for you to help you out.

and there are several girls here that will also list some examples and maybe find some pictures to help out too.

I have pics from the RWB swap two years ago that I can go back and pick from to show you.

But I have company coming in 10 mins. and Kentucky Derby....etc. and I'll be working at the ArtsFest tomorrow so it's going to take me a couple days to get back to you with pics.
maria2193 Offline
#98 Posted : Saturday, May 04, 2013 4:46:40 PM(UTC)
maria2193

Was thanked: 114 time(s) in 110 post(s)
Here we go with the questions.BigGrin

What is the best adhesives to use when gluing larger and heavier pieces of metal to a surface? Found some pieces that I love and want to use, but certain that I don't have glue strong enough to hold them. Tried searching the internet and youtube, but it didn't help. My son mentioned a 2 part epoxy, but it just seems to be a bit much for something so simple.

Thanks in advance!!
Smile Maria

CraftyOldBat Offline
#99 Posted : Saturday, May 04, 2013 5:37:54 PM(UTC)
CraftyOldBat

United States

Originally Posted by: maria2193 Go to Quoted Post
Here we go with the questions.BigGrin

What is the best adhesives to use when gluing larger and heavier pieces of metal to a surface? Found some pieces that I love and want to use, but certain that I don't have glue strong enough to hold them. Tried searching the internet and youtube, but it didn't help. My son mentioned a 2 part epoxy, but it just seems to be a bit much for something so simple.

Thanks in advance!!
Smile Maria

I would try E6000 first, you can get at WalMart or the craft stores. Just follow the directions, use in a ventilated area and most importantly put vaseline around the opening before replacing the cap...LOL

KelleyRooks Offline
#100 Posted : Saturday, May 04, 2013 7:23:23 PM(UTC)
KelleyRooks

Was thanked: 529 time(s) in 432 post(s)
Originally Posted by: CraftyOldBat Go to Quoted Post
I would try E6000 first, you can get at WalMart or the craft stores. Just follow the directions, use in a ventilated area and most importantly put vaseline around the opening before replacing the cap...LOL

The only thing I would add to this is that it takes while for it to set,once it does - then it is on there. I use a dollop of hot glue in addition to the E6000 to hold in place while it sets. A clamp works as well.BigGrin

Kel

ScrappinGwen Offline
#101 Posted : Sunday, May 05, 2013 6:49:21 AM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

As long as we are on the adhesive topic...

If Maria is going to be trying her hand at some new techniques, she also might need to know about YES paste. Have you heard of it, Maria? lol

It's a great paste to use to brush on when covering something like mini page chipboard pages, or other large areas with paper.

It can be found at M's in the aisle that has all the other glues (not in scrapbooking section) and it comes in a container shaped like a noxezma tub. Blue and White tub. It's pricey, but it lasts forever and ever. So just use a coupon to knock 4-5 bucks off.

I always just grab a little container and spoon some out from the tub and then add just a wee bit of water to thin it down. It then glides on beautifully with a sponge brush. And you truly only need a thin layer of paste. Thus why it lasts forever!

Just make sure you lay down scrap paper or something as it does get sticky by time you get everything pasted and covered! I know I always end up washing my hands a few times during the process if I'm covering a bunch of pages like for a mini album.

It doesn't bubble or wrinkle up on you either.
CraftyOldBat Offline
#102 Posted : Sunday, May 05, 2013 11:21:54 AM(UTC)
CraftyOldBat

United States

Another way to apply the YES paste is with a credit/rewards card. I put a blob on my surface w/ a popsicle stick and use the plastic card to spread it. CoyoteKim gave me that tip last year and it was amazing how well it worked. I found that it was much more cooperative in the warmer months but using the credit card method works great year round.
 1 user thanked CraftyOldBat for this useful post.
JeanP on 5/5/2013(UTC)
maria2193 Offline
#103 Posted : Sunday, May 05, 2013 11:23:38 AM(UTC)
maria2193

Huh, paste, as in grammar school paste, that boys in my class would stick a craft stick in and eat it like it was candy? YUK, lol! Never thought to use that, but I'll have to give it a try. I did buy the E6000 today, haven't used yet, not sure I'm looking forward to using it, I'll probably glue my fingers together more so than to use it on the actual project!!Laugh Well, thanks a bunch for your help, we'll see what happens!

Smile Maria
JeanP Offline
#104 Posted : Sunday, May 05, 2013 12:27:16 PM(UTC)
JeanP

United States

Was thanked: 735 time(s) in 618 post(s)
Originally Posted by: maria2193 Go to Quoted Post
Huh, paste, as in grammar school paste, that boys in my class would stick a craft stick in and eat it like it was candy? YUK, lol! Never thought to use that, but I'll have to give it a try. I did buy the E6000 today, haven't used yet, not sure I'm looking forward to using it, I'll probably glue my fingers together more so than to use it on the actual project!!Laugh Well, thanks a bunch for your help, we'll see what happens!

Smile Maria

YES paste is super stuff.. Thanks COB and Gwynne. I use it lots but never tried your methods.

Be careful with the E6000 and your fingers. I usually wear rubber gloves when I use all my inks, stains etc. so maybe they would work for this stuff also.
Kazalah Offline
#105 Posted : Sunday, May 05, 2013 1:46:59 PM(UTC)
Kazalah

United States

I love my E6000!Love I use it mainly for my jewelry making and haven't glued myself to anything... yet, but then again I'm very careful after a crazy glue indecent if few years ago RollEyes

I've never heard of YES before. Looked for it at my Michaels today and didn't find any Sad The glue section in general was kind of lacking.

Lori

Edited by user Sunday, May 05, 2013 1:47:35 PM(UTC)  | Reason: spelling errors.. as usual

Scraprageous Offline
#106 Posted : Monday, May 06, 2013 7:09:28 AM(UTC)
Scraprageous

United States

Was thanked: 139 time(s) in 136 post(s)
time to do some thinking about projects

so - a few more questions:

What size do you scrap?
Do you prefer Album embellishments or cards?

is your MQ up to date? (mine is now BigGrin )

Buying part will be easy (and fun!), but the creating, I want to do thin

Edited by user Monday, May 06, 2013 7:20:39 AM(UTC)  | Reason: updated mq

maria2193 Offline
#107 Posted : Monday, May 06, 2013 7:40:41 AM(UTC)
maria2193

Originally Posted by: JeanP Go to Quoted Post
YES paste is super stuff.. Thanks COB and Gwynne. I use it lots but never tried your methods.

Be careful with the E6000 and your fingers. I usually wear rubber gloves when I use all my inks, stains etc. so maybe they would work for this stuff also.

Great idea with the gloves, my fingers always get messy, especially when inking.

Thanks Jean,
Smile Maria

Edited by user Monday, May 06, 2013 7:44:04 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

ScrappinGwen Offline
#108 Posted : Monday, May 06, 2013 7:50:18 AM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

http://www.cricut.com/fo...ND-POSTING-PICTURES.aspx

here is the link to the RWB swap we did 2 summers ago...
KelleyRooks Offline
#109 Posted : Monday, May 06, 2013 8:00:51 AM(UTC)
KelleyRooks

Who needs nail polish when you have ink stained hands. That is my usual stateLOL I am not a big yes paste lover because - a) I am messy b) I always end up with a little ontop of the project and get that texture on it and c) it seems to take for ever to dry. I am more of a multi medium matte kind of girl. Works as both a glue and sealer. It doesn't have the same sticky residue that modge podge has and it dries super fast. I am impatient that way. However, I do have a tub of yes paste.

Glossy accents does work well for lighter weight metal if you don't have the E6000. I guess I don't notice the fumes from E6000 ....maybe that's why I have been so forgetful latelyLOL.

ScrappinGwen Offline
#110 Posted : Monday, May 06, 2013 8:56:04 AM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

Now that's just odd cuz I never think YES paste takes a long time to dry. I must put it on thin! lol But it is sticky and I keep a rag handy to wipe my hands on as I lay down each piece of paper and smooth it down to the edges, etc. I don't use it on top of the paper...just as an adhesive to paste the paper down to the chipboard

and I too never am bothered with E6000 fumes, but I've only used it a couple of times.

And I just used that mat and seal stuff by Ranger last week and I really really like it. I hate mod podge....cuz of it's tackiness and I've ruined a project before cuz of it.
JeanP Offline
#111 Posted : Monday, May 06, 2013 9:38:31 AM(UTC)
JeanP

United States

I use YES mostly for layering die cuts or papers on top of cardboard. It gives you a few minutes to make sure you have everything lined up.

Just bought some of the Ranger glue and seal so I will be trying it soon.

CraftyOldBat Offline
#112 Posted : Monday, May 06, 2013 1:50:47 PM(UTC)
CraftyOldBat

United States

Originally Posted by: ScrappinGwen Go to Quoted Post
http://www.cricut.com/forum/cricut-community_postst64998_Red--White-and-Blue-and-BBQ-----Fun-4th-of-July-Swap--RECEIVING-AND-POSTING-PICTURES.aspx

here is the link to the RWB swap we did 2 summers ago...

Oh my goodness, I was SO CLUELESS back then and ~Pamela~ was SO SWEET not to post how terrible the things I made were. I did remember them being bad but I had to go back and look and didn't realize they were THAT bad! That just goes to show how WONDERFUL most of the swapping ladies here are. She PMd me with more praise & encouragement even after writing such nice things in the thread! So yes newbies there are lots of great pics in that thread but only look at mine as what NOT to do! Blushing Blushing LOL LOL
Kazalah Offline
#113 Posted : Monday, May 06, 2013 4:51:34 PM(UTC)
Kazalah

United States

All this talk of YES paste.. I just ordered some from Joann's.BigGrin Hopefully I'll get the hang of it. Still brainstorming on what I wanna do for my partner Jean Smile

Lori
JeanP Offline
#114 Posted : Monday, May 06, 2013 5:02:46 PM(UTC)
JeanP

United States

Originally Posted by: Kazalah Go to Quoted Post
All this talk of YES paste.. I just ordered some from Joann's.BigGrin Hopefully I'll get the hang of it. Still brainstorming on what I wanna do for my partner Jean Smile

Lori

Do what Gwynne says and thin it just a little bit so it spreads easier. It doesn't dry right away so if you are covering something the exact same size, it gives you time to move it around to match up the edges. I then put it under something heavy to weight it down.
Just be careful not to get it where you don't want it. You'll figure it outSmile

I am working on my list of ideas for you. I think I have 3 that I am certain of but still thinking on the othersBigGrin

planlady19 Offline
#115 Posted : Monday, May 06, 2013 7:53:55 PM(UTC)
planlady19

United States

yes paste is something that i use all the time for my shadowboxes.. can't live without it.

I have never had a problem with fumes from E6000 but maybe that is why dh is always so "happy" when he has to glue a lot of the glass frames.. LOL LOL for me..

i think i have used every paste or glue this is and these are two of my favorites. I have some of the matte medium and like it also.

just keep playing around with different things and you will find one that you like..

Gail if you want to make a chunky charm for me that would be great.. I am easy...LOL LOL

terri
KelleyRooks Offline
#116 Posted : Monday, May 06, 2013 8:21:08 PM(UTC)
KelleyRooks

Now that's just odd cuz I never think YES paste takes a long time to dry. I must put it on thin! lol But it is sticky and I keep a rag handy to wipe my hands on as I lay down each piece of paper and smooth it down to the edges, etc. I don't use it on top of the paper...just as an adhesive to paste the paper down to the chipboard

and I too never am bothered with E6000 fumes, but I've only used it a couple of times.

And I just used that mat and seal stuff by Ranger last week and I really really like it. I hate mod podge....cuz of it's tackiness and I've ruined a project before cuz of it.

Maybe it is the climate. It takes like an hour where as the multi medium matte takes less than 5 minutes. ... I am impatient. I do use modge podge as a cheap fabric stiffener for burlap so it doesn't fray when you die cut it.
Scraprageous Offline
#117 Posted : Tuesday, May 07, 2013 9:14:48 AM(UTC)
Scraprageous

United States

Was thanked: 139 time(s) in 136 post(s)
I am excited - shopping this am and came across a wonderful container to alter for my partner! At least, in my mind in should be great. Hopefully it will work out!BigGrin

As long as this isn't one of those wonderful ideas that can never be accomplished Blushing BigGrin I do have to admit, I bought two - just in case Laugh

Edited by user Tuesday, May 07, 2013 9:16:59 AM(UTC)  | Reason: typo

ScrappinGwen Offline
#118 Posted : Tuesday, May 07, 2013 10:16:06 AM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

Originally Posted by: KelleyRooks Go to Quoted Post
Maybe it is the climate. It takes like an hour where as the multi medium matte takes less than 5 minutes. ... I am impatient. I do use modge podge as a cheap fabric stiffener for burlap so it doesn't fray when you die cut it.

that's something I had never thought about....modge podge on burlap to stop the fraying.

Hope I remember that if I ever play with burlap!

1 user thanked ScrappinGwen for this useful post.
JeanP on 5/7/2013(UTC)
KelleyRooks Offline
#119 Posted : Tuesday, May 07, 2013 10:24:57 AM(UTC)
KelleyRooks

that's something I had never thought about....modge podge on burlap to stop the fraying.

Hope I remember that if I ever play with burlap!

I coat it on both sides - it looks horrible...so don't worry. I let it dry over night then it looks normal. You cannot see the modge podge. The burlap is stiff and you can run through the die cuts. It also holds its shape if you bend it, etc. You can even ink and stain it and the fibers won't come loose.
 1 user thanked KelleyRooks for this useful post.
JeanP on 5/7/2013(UTC)
planlady19 Offline
#120 Posted : Tuesday, May 07, 2013 11:43:42 AM(UTC)
planlady19

United States

Originally Posted by: KelleyRooks Go to Quoted Post
I coat it on both sides - it looks horrible...so don't worry. I let it dry over night then it looks normal. You cannot see the modge podge. The burlap is stiff and you can run through the die cuts. It also holds its shape if you bend it, etc. You can even ink and stain it and the fibers won't come loose.

that is how i make the burlap or denim flowers.. which i usually con dh into modge podgeing 6x6 squares for me and then i run them through the die cuts.. diffidently keeps my hands clean..LOL

terri