Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

kaesmom Offline
#1 Posted : Saturday, May 04, 2013 12:51:34 PM(UTC)
kaesmom

Groups: Registered

I just uploaded (uplinked? Whatever the term was) all of my cartridges from my Gypsy to Craft Room. As soon as that was complete, my wireless mouse stopped responding. Now, everything I plug into any one of my usb ports brings up an error message stating that the device attached has malfunctioned and windows doesn't recognize it. I can't use anything that requires a usb port now. I've rebooted several times.

Has anyone else had this happen? I can't imagine what went wrong. When I plug something in, I do get the Windows beep that a device has been plugged in, but then as soon as it does that, the error message comes up and the disconnect beep comes on. So I know the usb ports are working, but they're no longer able to transmit the information to the computer. Yet it did the Gypsy uplink just fine and everything was working fine prior to the Gypsy uplink. I feel like something happened to my computer when I did that.
kaesmom Offline
#2 Posted : Saturday, May 04, 2013 2:03:16 PM(UTC)
kaesmom

I googled the error message and found a solution. I followed the first suggestion (deleting the drivers and having the computer reinstall them automatically) and that didn't work. The 2nd suggestion was to take out the battery, let it sit for a little while, then put it back in. Oddly enough, that worked. I don't know why, because that doesn't make any sense to me, but it worked and my mouse is working again.
scrapalette Offline
#3 Posted : Saturday, May 04, 2013 2:19:41 PM(UTC)
scrapalette

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 18397 time(s) in 8173 post(s)
My wireless mouse quits working periodically and the first time or two, I changed the batteries and tossed the ones that were in the mouse away. Then, my DS was using my computer and when it happened, he took the batteries out and switched them and it worked again. . .for a long time! I don't know why things like that happen, but I sure think I threw out 2 sets of batteries that still had life in them! Flapper
kaesmom Offline
#4 Posted : Saturday, May 04, 2013 4:17:36 PM(UTC)
kaesmom

Oh this wasn't the battery. I tried connecting several things through all of the usb ports. NONE of them worked. Well, none of them would let me use whatever it was I was connecting (mouse, external hard drive, cricut machine, etc). It was definitely a Windows issue.