Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

7 Pages«<567
smcdoug Offline
#181 Posted : Tuesday, March 06, 2012 9:30:15 PM(UTC)
smcdoug

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 19 time(s) in 17 post(s)
I have been reading the other forms regarding this black screen. Am I understanding that an update caused the screen to go black. What the help is going on. I have not received any emails regarding an update nor has my G asked for IME in the last month. I think PC should be held responsible for this. Why issue an update to cause problems such as this I have projects to do and now the thing isn't working.
Mercy Offline
#182 Posted : Tuesday, March 06, 2012 9:35:10 PM(UTC)
Mercy

Was thanked: 2082 time(s) in 1202 post(s)
Originally Posted by: smcdoug Go to Quoted Post
I haven't used my G in about a month. I turned it on today to link TBBM2 and it stated it needed to be updated. I hooked it to my computer and it does nothing. The screen is black with the blue light on. What do I do to get this working again?

Try connecting the G to an electrical outlet so hopefully, the battery is drained. You can try turning the G off, connecting to Sync, help and troubleshooting it by answering yes, no, no and yes. Usually that does not work but it does not hurt to try. If your G is still under warranty, call PC and let us know the outcome.
Mercy Offline
#183 Posted : Tuesday, March 06, 2012 9:41:26 PM(UTC)
Mercy

Originally Posted by: smcdoug Go to Quoted Post
I have been reading the other forms regarding this black screen. Am I understanding that an update caused the screen to go black. What the help is going on. I have not received any emails regarding an update nor has my G asked for IME in the last month. I think PC should be held responsible for this. Why issue an update to cause problems such as this I have projects to do and now the thing isn't working.

Nooooo, :) an update did not cause it to go black as the current update is supposed to help the G so hopefully it will not go black. Sorry you missed the update and hopefully something that I suggested will work.

Usually, when the G is not used in awhile is when we see this issue. I do suggest that if you are not going to use the G, turn it on, let the battery drain to about forty percent charge left on the G, recharge it and store it. If that is done a few times or more a month, then rarely have we seen issues with a G that is not being used.
Ms.Scrappytoyou! Offline
#184 Posted : Tuesday, March 06, 2012 11:19:12 PM(UTC)
Ms.Scrappytoyou!

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 13 post(s)
On Friday, I was trying to load the New Testament and Rosettes and Ribbons to my Gypsy. I was told that I had to update my Gypsy prior to loading these two carts. I began the update process which seemed to be very long. I came back to it after an hour and I received a "breach" message stating my Gypsy would need to power off. Each time I turned my Gypsy on, I received the breach message. I called PC and the rep told me I had to do the process to where basically everything would be wiped off my machine and I had to reload my carts. I felt as if I had no choice so this is what I did. Basically, my Gypsy is new as if it came out the box. I haven't begun to reload my carts to it. I have over 200 carts so I'm not looking forward to this process. I think PC should come up with better way when issues occur.
Mercy Offline
#185 Posted : Wednesday, March 07, 2012 9:07:50 AM(UTC)
Mercy

Originally Posted by: Ms.Scrappytoyou! Go to Quoted Post
On Friday, I was trying to load the New Testament and Rosettes and Ribbons to my Gypsy. I was told that I had to update my Gypsy prior to loading these two carts. I began the update process which seemed to be very long. I came back to it after an hour and I received a "breach" message stating my Gypsy would need to power off. Each time I turned my Gypsy on, I received the breach message. I called PC and the rep told me I had to do the process to where basically everything would be wiped off my machine and I had to reload my carts. I felt as if I had no choice so this is what I did. Basically, my Gypsy is new as if it came out the box. I haven't begun to reload my carts to it. I have over 200 carts so I'm not looking forward to this process. I think PC should come up with better way when issues occur.

If you have never linked your carts to the Gypsy, do not do so via the Gypsy but instead, do so via CCR. If you have to reformat and restore your Gypsy again, then all you would do is re-sync your G and all of your carts will return unlinked to your G keeping you from having to physically link each cart to the G again.
Yellow26 Offline
#186 Posted : Wednesday, March 07, 2012 5:20:40 PM(UTC)
Yellow26

United Kingdom

Please help!!

I have been trying to update my gypsy for the last 3 days on and off to no avail.

I have tried using the problem solvers at the beginning of this thread but all I get is the green rolling bar (still moving) with updating gypsy.

I manage to get the 1st part done but I can't get the gypsy content update to complete.

My gypsy version is V1.4 (0227:0001)

How can I get it to the right version. It won't let me cut with my cricut create at the mo.

If I reformat my gypsy, will I lose the 2 pre-loaded cartridges that my gypsy came with???

I hope you can help me as I am at the end of my tether now! Angry

Many Thanks,

Sam
Mercy Offline
#187 Posted : Wednesday, March 07, 2012 5:52:27 PM(UTC)
Mercy

Originally Posted by: Yellow26 Go to Quoted Post
Please help!!

I have been trying to update my gypsy for the last 3 days on and off to no avail.

I have tried using the problem solvers at the beginning of this thread but all I get is the green rolling bar (still moving) with updating gypsy.

I manage to get the 1st part done but I can't get the gypsy content update to complete.

My gypsy version is V1.4 (0227:0001)

How can I get it to the right version. It won't let me cut with my cricut create at the mo.

If I reformat my gypsy, will I lose the 2 pre-loaded cartridges that my gypsy came with???

I hope you can help me as I am at the end of my tether now! Angry

Many Thanks,

Sam

We have another member that had the same problem and PC told her to reformat and restore the G which fixed her problem. If you do not want to reformat and restore, then you can try re-adding the content but it may or may not work as it depends on how much more you want to do.

No, you should not lose the G carts but you will lose the linking codes from any carts that were linked in which you will have to re-link your carts.

In the first post in this thread, it gives steps for re-adding the content as well as reformatting and restoring. Let us know the outcome.
Yellow26 Offline
#188 Posted : Thursday, March 08, 2012 3:15:14 PM(UTC)
Yellow26

United Kingdom

Hi,

I have now reformatted & reset my Gypsy... and is now WORKING!!!

YAY! Thank you soo much, I also didn't lose the 2 cartridges my gypsy came with BigGrin

Thank you again, sooo happy to have it all dealt with now. Glad I don't have many cartridges yet as I wouldn't have liked to have put them all back on again if I did.

Sam LOL
Mercy Offline
#189 Posted : Thursday, March 08, 2012 4:46:56 PM(UTC)
Mercy

Hi,

I have now reformatted & reset my Gypsy... and is now WORKING!!!

YAY! Thank you soo much, I also didn't lose the 2 cartridges my gypsy came with BigGrin

Thank you again, sooo happy to have it all dealt with now. Glad I don't have many cartridges yet as I wouldn't have liked to have put them all back on again if I did.

Sam LOL

Doing the happy dance with you as that is excellent news!BigGrin Thanks for letting us know the outcome! If you have not read the below thread in the below link, make sure you do so prior to linking a cart that has not been linked to your G.

http://main.cricut.com/c...ind=lastpost#post1345000
Mercy Offline
#190 Posted : Friday, March 09, 2012 11:15:54 PM(UTC)
Mercy

If you are getting the manifest error, please try to update and let us know the outcome.
Mercy Offline
#191 Posted : Saturday, March 17, 2012 10:07:58 AM(UTC)
Mercy

Friday, March 16, 2012

A content only update was released that added all of the HT carts to the G's library along with all of the digitals up to this point to the G's library.

New build is 227:237

Shhh... there are whisperings in the wind that if ready, the target date to release the Gypsy to Cricut.com account is next week. You didn't hear that from me!!LOL If it comes next week, yaaayyy, if it does not....it is still being tweaked!LOL
Mercy Offline
#192 Posted : Thursday, March 22, 2012 10:06:11 PM(UTC)
Mercy

If you purchased the below Craft Room Exclusives, they will not appear on your G until the next Hello Thursday update which is targeted for Thursday, April 19, 2012! Hello Thursday is usually the third Thursday of each month if the update is ready.

Cricut Craft Room™ Exclusives, City Transportation
cut Craft Room™ Exclusives, City Buildings
Cricut Craft Room™ Exclusives, City Icons
Cricut Craft Room™ Exclusives, 3D Cones
Cricut Craft Room™ Exclusives, City People
Yellow26 Offline
#193 Posted : Saturday, March 24, 2012 9:44:55 AM(UTC)
Yellow26

United Kingdom

I thought I had updated my gypsy and everything was working fine... Oh how I was wrong.

It did work fine for about a couple of weeks,

I go to plug it all in today and nothing. It will not recognise that it is connected to my cricut create at all!!

I have checked all connections and the G is connected to an electrical source. It won't update the cricut create and I can now not cut with it.

Seriously... what is the point in the G if it doesn't work and has constant problems. It the most expensive piece of craft product I have ever bought and it is also the most disappointed I have been!!

Do you know of any problems that the G has had putting updates on the cricut create??

Crying Crying
Mercy Offline
#194 Posted : Saturday, March 24, 2012 1:14:22 PM(UTC)
Mercy

I thought I had updated my gypsy and everything was working fine... Oh how I was wrong.

It did work fine for about a couple of weeks,

I go to plug it all in today and nothing. It will not recognise that it is connected to my cricut create at all!!

I have checked all connections and the G is connected to an electrical source. It won't update the cricut create and I can now not cut with it.

Seriously... what is the point in the G if it doesn't work and has constant problems. It the most expensive piece of craft product I have ever bought and it is also the most disappointed I have been!!

Do you know of any problems that the G has had putting updates on the cricut create??

Crying Crying

Click the below link and follow the instructions in post 232 and Section 54. Let us know the outcome.

http://main.cricut.com/c...93_posts.aspx#post902893
Yellow26 Offline
#195 Posted : Saturday, March 24, 2012 1:46:17 PM(UTC)
Yellow26

United Kingdom

I can't even get the cricut create to connect to my gypsy so i can't even get to the update as it just keeps telling me it could not connect and to switch off and on again... I do that and just keep getting the message over and over again!! Angry

I can now no longer even get to the point of updating so can't even ensure it is in full update mode (which it has been in the past!!)

I've had enough of this now and it just seems that none of us are being taken seriously when we have spent a serious amount of money on what has turned out to be tat!! Angry Angry

susiesnowflake Offline
#196 Posted : Saturday, March 24, 2012 3:13:10 PM(UTC)
susiesnowflake

Can someone tell me how to reformat this gypsy...im sooooo frustrated and hopefully thats what will help me here. Im getting that annoying green bar now for the past 24 hours... thanks in advance for you help Crying
ScrapCat Offline
#197 Posted : Monday, March 26, 2012 8:34:20 AM(UTC)
ScrapCat

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
United States

Was thanked: 1113 time(s) in 716 post(s)
Originally Posted by: susiesnowflake Go to Quoted Post

Can someone tell me how to reformat this gypsy...im sooooo frustrated and hopefully thats what will help me here. Im getting that annoying green bar now for the past 24 hours... thanks in advance for you help Crying

Same here, except I stopped mine at 20 hours!!!
Khrista Offline
#198 Posted : Wednesday, March 28, 2012 5:15:35 PM(UTC)
Khrista

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 2490 time(s) in 1389 post(s)
Hm... looks like I might not have the only problem going on :) Here's what I have going on and where my Gypsy is (might change by Sunday and be at the bottom of the Caribbean! :) )

Was told to update our Gypsy for the Cricut Cruise. I'd been holding off as I knew of hte issues.. sometimes you should just really listen to your gut. I've now reformatted my Gypsy 4 times. I've gone through a Mac and a Windows 7 machine of uninstalling sync, reinstalling, making sure adobeair is up to date, uninstalled and reinstalled CCR, checked anti-virus software and firewalls (just shut them all down too in addition to making sure they were reading the programs right), checked one update at a time, etc. etc. Ok, I have an Imagine and have gone through a ton on that. I can use Sync with no problems right now on either my Mac or Win7 and recently updated my Imagine so we know sync works.

My Gypsy is currently saying the correct firmware. It will not take the content and will not take the Imagine App & Content. We've tried formatting (ugh) and the rainbow screen. No luck. Tried taking my laptops to work on a faster internet and plugged in there. No such luck. Called PC and spent probably 2 hours on the phone with them. I did get told maybe I should come work for PC..LOL LOL LOL as I'd gone through all their troubleshooting. So, currently my Gypsy woes are being sent up to the higher level technicians because it has them stumped. Oh, my PC btw also gives a manifest device error message which is why I switched to my Mac. We tried both computers so this was all times 2. <after doing all of it on my own last night>.

Soooo if I hear of any way to kick it to go, I'll give it a try. Unfortunately, now can take my Gypsy on the cruise and hurl it off the side :) or leave it at home as the tech guys will call in 3 - 5 days (did I mention I'm leaving on Friday?).. <sigh>... I need chocolate and LOTS of it.

Mercy please let me know if you have any strategies to try. The last time I had something stuck on a content like this, it was my Imagine and it had to go back :( Not sure how that works for the Gypsy as it's past it's one year warranty.

:)Khrista
Coah'sNana Offline
#199 Posted : Wednesday, March 28, 2012 6:01:39 PM(UTC)
Coah'sNana

Virgin Islands (U.S.)

Was thanked: 13229 time(s) in 3712 post(s)
Wow Khrista - that's alot! And this is just trying to go from content 236 to 237?
Khrista Offline
#200 Posted : Wednesday, March 28, 2012 8:23:47 PM(UTC)
Khrista

United States

Originally Posted by: Coah'sNana Go to Quoted Post
Wow Khrista - that's alot! And this is just trying to go from content 236 to 237?

Yep. I had to laugh at the maybe I should go work at PC since I knew all the tech quirks.. just because they're pretty much the same as they are for the Imagine for antivirus blah blah blah.. etc. etc.

Khrista Offline
#201 Posted : Thursday, March 29, 2012 10:03:26 PM(UTC)
Khrista

United States

Well the Update on my Gypsy is it has to go back. I get to pass it off to an actual PC person on the cruise to take back. They took over my computer and spent over an hour and couldn't get the stubborn thing to go. Is weird as I guess it has the right firmware etc. for the Gypsy side.. but it won't take the content or the Imagine stuff. So, they'll figure it out and return it or send out a new one I guess. As frustrated as I get when my PC things don't work, I will say I've always had great customer service when I've called. Firm treat them as you want to be treated. Doesn't help to get grumpy etc. at them when they're trying to help. Anyways.. back it goes. The plus.. I'll be forced to use CCR so will probably learn it a lot better now! :)

suzana_miy939e7d10 Offline
#202 Posted : Saturday, May 04, 2013 4:09:13 AM(UTC)
suzana_miy939e7d10

Hi people...

I live in Brazil and I have one G for 3 years, but only recently I open the CricutSync and try to Update my G.

But when I think is finished my G stoped in black and writting "Loadind". I try to do all Issues, including Reformat and Resort, but when I try the last for 3 houes nothing change.

There is someone who can halp me... in Brazil I don't know a place where could help me, thanks