Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

KarenL.Jenter Offline
#1 Posted : Monday, April 29, 2013 11:05:48 AM(UTC)
KarenL.Jenter

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 41 time(s) in 12 post(s)
I have tried to download CCR a number of times onto a laptop with Windows 7. I won't even go into trying to do this with my new laptop with Wi9ndows 8. Any way on Windows 7, it get to the initializing screen and sits there for hours, not going anywhere else. I read in the psosts that it maybe my virus software. How do I get around this?? Certainly you would not want to disable this or do you do it somehow and then put it back. I am stuck and not sure what to do next. I have called Provo so many times lately, they probably won't take any more of mu phone calls. Any help would be appreciated.
Karen
CMannila99f69d896f Offline
#2 Posted : Monday, April 29, 2013 11:40:10 AM(UTC)
CMannila99f69d896f

You can disable your virus software for a length of time or until you restart. I always disable mine for an hour, that way I don't forget to restart or turn it back on. Depending on what virus software you have, you can right click on its icon in your taskbar, and usually do it there.
KarenL.Jenter Offline
#3 Posted : Monday, April 29, 2013 12:23:54 PM(UTC)
KarenL.Jenter

Was thanked: 41 time(s) in 12 post(s)
Thanks so much, the icon is on the task bar. I will give it a try.
thanks again
Bugsy2 Offline
#4 Posted : Monday, April 29, 2013 12:51:48 PM(UTC)
Bugsy2

Was thanked: 441 time(s) in 311 post(s)
Originally Posted by: KarenL.Jenter Go to Quoted Post
I have tried to download CCR a number of times onto a laptop with Windows 7. I won't even go into trying to do this with my new laptop with Wi9ndows 8. Any way on Windows 7, it get to the initializing screen and sits there for hours, not going anywhere else. I read in the psosts that it maybe my virus software. How do I get around this?? Certainly you would not want to disable this or do you do it somehow and then put it back. I am stuck and not sure what to do next. I have called Provo so many times lately, they probably won't take any more of mu phone calls. Any help would be appreciated.
Karen

My new laptop is Windows 8. I actually called CS because I couldn't cut anything. Then when it came time to log into CCR (while still on the phone) it just stayed on the initializing craft room screen for several seconds. I was then talked through the process of properly adding the exceptions to my antivirus. The young man I spoke with was amazing. I can log into CCR in seconds and do what I want without issue. My suggestion is if you have any doubt please call CS!!

Edited by user Monday, April 29, 2013 12:52:49 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified