Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

cricaholic Offline
#1 Posted : Thursday, April 18, 2013 11:00:04 PM(UTC)
cricaholic

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1172 time(s) in 667 post(s)
Crying OK, they've made it "official" they have retired the gypsy.
What happens to ALLthose files that I created on my gypsy???????????????
Huh I think its been a couple of years when we could save them to the computer and I have some of them saved....
Scared Can I transfer them to CCR????
Crying or do they die with my gypsy?????????????????????????????????
OhMyGod No, I don't want to re-create them in CCR.

Sneaky ALL my machines are still working I haven't done an update in years!!! I don't like CCR but as a backup I'm thinking about getting a new cutting machine just for CCR.
Flapper My machines are going on 4 years.....I don't know how much longer they'll last....
Mad PC is making a MESS OF EVERYTHING!!!! When my machines die, I'll start playing more with my 3rd party machine and have CCR as a back up.
Cursing After only a few years my Imagine and Gypsy and tons of money are in a retirement vault with NO NEW REPLACEMENTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sad WELL, BURST MY CRAFTING BUBBLE!!
CricutLadyBug Offline
#2 Posted : Friday, April 19, 2013 1:18:40 AM(UTC)
CricutLadyBug

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered

Was thanked: 43 time(s) in 18 post(s)
hello

I don't think anything happens to them. As long as they are on your gypsy you may continue to use them. If I'm wrong someone correct me. There will still be gypsy support but they are not making anymore. We can still use our gypsy. I love my gypsy and do not use the ccr because I always have pc trouble and don't want to lose the files I purchase.
CJ
Scrapperdee Offline
#3 Posted : Friday, April 19, 2013 7:03:40 AM(UTC)
Scrapperdee

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
Canada

Was thanked: 4075 time(s) in 2336 post(s)
Until they figure out a way to transfer the gypsy files to your hard drive (and then convert them to CCR files), I suspect they just stay on your g until it dies (or needs to be restored...like mine did on Wednesday and I lost 2 years worth of files).

I wish they would work on that...if we "MUST" use ccr, the least they can do is allow us to transfer our files back and forth between the 2.
BJR Offline
#4 Posted : Friday, April 19, 2013 7:27:25 AM(UTC)
BJR

Was thanked: 446 time(s) in 327 post(s)
I wondered why if it took all this time ar still these issues-esp. saving your files. Should be a must to begin with as that was what the having your Gypsy was for. Also it seems that it should also be keeping your files that are on your Gypsy only such as the free files. While I think its great or anyone who has wanted this for so long. I am still afraid to update my Gypsy and now to save my I files I would have to update it as well. Scary for me. I am not a brave soul that will plow right in- I do not want to loose investments that I can use but may not after. If a failure would occur I would be very disappointed to say te least. Happy if it worked but I will hold out yet and see. BJR.
lillisamarie Offline
#5 Posted : Friday, April 19, 2013 7:43:01 AM(UTC)
lillisamarie

Was thanked: 17 time(s) in 15 post(s)
I just saved all my gypsy files to my computer. Through the cricut sync. I have not tried to import them to CCR yet but I know that they are on my computer.

This is what I did.

I hooked my gypsy to my computer and opened the sync program. There are three buttons don't update now, update now, and project files I clicked on project files and it showed all my files clicked on each one and dragged and dropped them into a folder i created on my desktop. disconnected my gypsy and reopened the folder and they were all there.

I hope this makes sense.

When in ccr you can click on import and import from the folder.

Hope this helps.

1 user thanked lillisamarie for this useful post.
BJR on 4/19/2013(UTC)
BJR Offline
#6 Posted : Friday, April 19, 2013 7:49:12 AM(UTC)
BJR

Was thanked: 446 time(s) in 327 post(s)
Thanks the only other problem is that computer is on its last leg only boots when you select a way to boot it up. I hope when I can to install a second cds on my laptop will have to check with CS on that. thanks again for you help. Will do as soon as I can. BJR.
Freda C. Offline
#7 Posted : Friday, April 19, 2013 7:57:27 AM(UTC)
Freda C.

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
United States

Was thanked: 408 time(s) in 186 post(s)
I'm sorry if this is a repeat, just thought I'd post here for those looking to move their files from gypsy to CCR easily. Or just back up your files on the computer...

Step 1-Create a file folder on your desktop called Gypsy Files.

Step 2-Open CricutSync as normal...it will connect to Gypsy and apply any updates. Once the updates are all done click OK and the main menu page will appear. Select Project Files.

Step 3-Click on the first file in your list, scroll to the bottom of your list-Press Shift and click on the last file (this selects all the files in your list).

Step 4-Click and hold the left mouse button to drag and drop these files to the Gypsy Files folder you created on the desktop. This will copy all your gypsy files into that folder on your desktop. Close Cricut Sync. (CCR won't open with Gypsy Sync open)

Step 5-Open your CCR program. Select Open>Import. Navigate to the Gypsy Files folder you created on your desktop...Select files to import into CCR. (You can select multiple files to import the same way you selected to drag and drop, if you have hundreds of files you might do them in groups of 10 at a time, I'm not sure how CCR would respond to hundreds of files being moved at a time)...

NOTE-When CCR was first introduced the import/export to the gypsy caused some designs to move upon being transferred so you might want to check your files/layers before cutting these files to be sure that things stayed in their locations. It looks like that feature has been fixed on the files that I imported to ccr, but it's better to be safe than waste time and papers...lol

Hope this helps anyone to not lose their files.

Freda
 1 user thanked Freda C. for this useful post.
Sing&Scrap on 4/21/2013(UTC)
Narelle Offline
#8 Posted : Sunday, April 21, 2013 10:51:04 AM(UTC)
Narelle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Australia

Was thanked: 7618 time(s) in 3554 post(s)
Before you delete your files from your Gypsy make sure the copied file size on the computer isn't 0 bytes or another low number. If that's the case it means the file hasn't copied over correctly.