Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

KarenBinPA Offline
#1 Posted : Thursday, April 18, 2013 5:19:45 AM(UTC)
KarenBinPA

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 206 time(s) in 135 post(s)
I'm sorry if this has been asked before. Does either the gypsy or anything need to have a certain update? I haven't updated my gypsy since we got all of the free digital content, which I don't want to lose! Is it better for me not to even try to link it if I don't want to lose all of that?

Thanks so much.
karen
CricketCMV Online
#2 Posted : Thursday, April 18, 2013 2:38:19 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 7592 time(s) in 4445 post(s)
Karen - Nathan has a post up in the STICKYS about the new GYPSY update that allows those who work in CCR to automatically LINK their cartridges they have linked to their GYPSY to CCR. This is a link a lot of users have been waiting for because they couldn't link their cartridges that were on their Gypsy to CCR; thus, they had to manually use their cartridges to use CCR. Some users didn't like that they had to use their cartridges manually since that was the main reason they liked their Gypsy, because they didn't have to have the physical cartridge with them to CUT their creations.

So, if you're one of these users, click on the first link in Nathan's post and it will give you information to help you get updated.

It depends what you do with your Gypsy. It depends if you like to use CCR.

If it were me (because I do love CCR), and I owned a Gypsy (I don't), I would LOVE to use all the options/tools available to me.....especially, when some of them are FREE (CCR). I know, it's debatable by some whether or not CCR is FREE.....to me, it's FREE. It is over and above all the money I have spent with PC to create/have fun....and to me, it's FREE when I don't have to put out more money to use CCR and create/have even more fun than if I didn't peruse it.

Char

JudiLuvz2CutPaper Offline
#3 Posted : Thursday, April 18, 2013 3:25:09 PM(UTC)
JudiLuvz2CutPaper

Groups: Circle Member, Registered

Was thanked: 1213 time(s) in 684 post(s)
Originally Posted by: CricketCMV Go to Quoted Post
Karen - Nathan has a post up in the STICKYS about the new GYPSY update that allows those who work in CCR to automatically LINK their cartridges they have linked to their GYPSY to CCR. This is a link a lot of users have been waiting for because they couldn't link their cartridges that were on their Gypsy to CCR; thus, they had to manually use their cartridges to use CCR. Some users didn't like that they had to use their cartridges manually since that was the main reason they liked their Gypsy, because they didn't have to have the physical cartridge with them to CUT their creations.

So, if you're one of these users, click on the first link in Nathan's post and it will give you information to help you get updated.

It depends what you do with your Gypsy. It depends if you like to use CCR.

If it were me (because I do love CCR), and I owned a Gypsy (I don't), I would LOVE to use all the options/tools available to me.....especially, when some of them are FREE (CCR). I know, it's debatable by some whether or not CCR is FREE.....to me, it's FREE. It is over and above all the money I have spent with PC to create/have fun....and to me, it's FREE when I don't have to put out more money to use CCR and create/have even more fun than if I didn't peruse it.

Char

I agree Char. You were the main reason I kept giving CCR another chance. And in glad I did. The tools alone make it worth it.
 1 user thanked JudiLuvz2CutPaper for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 4/18/2013(UTC)
bethdoc Offline
#4 Posted : Thursday, April 18, 2013 7:05:24 PM(UTC)
bethdoc

United States

Was thanked: 1184 time(s) in 798 post(s)
Originally Posted by: KarenBinPA Go to Quoted Post
I'm sorry if this has been asked before. Does either the gypsy or anything need to have a certain update? I haven't updated my gypsy since we got all of the free digital content, which I don't want to lose! Is it better for me not to even try to link it if I don't want to lose all of that?

Thanks so much.
karen

If you are talking about the free content from last August for circle members, I am pretty sure you would lose access to all of this if you update, since it was only supposed to be for a month. I haven't updated mine since then either, as I've hardly bought any carts since then.
KarenBinPA Offline
#5 Posted : Friday, April 19, 2013 9:54:19 AM(UTC)
KarenBinPA

Was thanked: 206 time(s) in 135 post(s)
So, if you don't update your gypsy (so as not to lose that digital content), you can't use your 20 dollars credit?

Do I have that right? Or, would I purchase the credit in CCR, and just not be able to use it with my gypsy? That would be fine to me.

Karen
CricketCMV Online
#6 Posted : Friday, April 19, 2013 1:07:47 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 7592 time(s) in 4445 post(s)
Karen, I think you should call PC to ask...for sure.

I don't know why you would lose any content....unless PC told you that in Nathan's post above. If you did, I would think PC would help you get it back. I really think you should ask PC these questions.

Not that we don't want to try to be helpful....but, most of us don't really know for sure. I would rather know for sure from PC.

Char