Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

scrapsbygracie Offline
#1 Posted : Sunday, April 07, 2013 4:41:05 PM(UTC)
scrapsbygracie

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered

Was thanked: 74 time(s) in 46 post(s)
Ok girls I need some input... I run a meetup group for paper crafters in Ohio. I am trying to plan a 2 day crop and would like to know what extras you would like to see at an event. Some ideas floating around in my head are: 1. A massage station 2. A cricut class 3. Vendors (stampin up, ctmh reps, 31 consultant etc) 4. A 50/50 raffle. Pls tell me what you think of these ideas and what else or instead you might like. THANKS IN ADVANCE! I always include a small goodie bag and food in my crops.
RobinPineo1 Offline
#2 Posted : Sunday, April 07, 2013 5:44:39 PM(UTC)
RobinPineo1

Was thanked: 69 time(s) in 58 post(s)
My friend and I host crops also and we often do bingo. You make up the bingo cards in advance on the internet. The rules are that each square on the bingo card can only be done on one scrapbook page. We put things like using brads, inking, 5 pictures on a page, stuff about techniques. We offer quite a few prizes for getting a bingo so that people will keep playing even after there is a winner.
JenRomaker Offline
#3 Posted : Monday, April 08, 2013 7:41:48 AM(UTC)
JenRomaker

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 106 time(s) in 42 post(s)
I don't really have any ideas for you, but if you are looking for participants, let me know. ThumpUp I am in Bowling Green and have never been to a crop.

Jennifer
scrapsbygracie Offline
#4 Posted : Monday, April 08, 2013 7:54:52 AM(UTC)
scrapsbygracie

Jennifer you can join our group anytime, it is free. You'll have to wait to be approved but I try to check it every day for new members.

http://www.meetup.com/Ohio-Cricut-Lovers/ This is our official group and is where you can RSVP to all events.

We also have a facebook group at https://www.facebook.com/groups/OhioCricutLovers/ This page I post additional crop and shop opportunities that I come across.

So join both if you'd like. BTW I host a small crop at my house each month and this month we have a couple other girls who have never been to a crop either so it should be a fun learning experience for everyone.

Thanks for your interest.BigGrin
scrapsbygracie Offline
#5 Posted : Monday, April 08, 2013 7:56:12 AM(UTC)
scrapsbygracie

Originally Posted by: RobinPineo1 Go to Quoted Post
My friend and I host crops also and we often do bingo. You make up the bingo cards in advance on the internet. The rules are that each square on the bingo card can only be done on one scrapbook page. We put things like using brads, inking, 5 pictures on a page, stuff about techniques. We offer quite a few prizes for getting a bingo so that people will keep playing even after there is a winner.

Robin, I really like that idea. Thanks so much for your input. I would love to hear any other ideas you have. Where are you from?

Robin will you send me a copy of your bingo card? knopf dot theresa @gmail.com

Edited by user Monday, April 08, 2013 9:37:17 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Sandy Offline
#6 Posted : Monday, April 08, 2013 5:58:34 PM(UTC)
Sandy

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
United States

Was thanked: 5456 time(s) in 2352 post(s)
We play Bingo at our Swarm every month but use different scrapbooking ITEMS for the squares. Under "B" there are Cricut cuts such as: heart, airplane, flower, kite, cow, etc. You have to have it already cut when you yell 'Bingp' but the sheets are passed out in plenty of time beforehand so that you can cut them out and have them before playing.

Then under "O" are the names of popular Cricut Cartridges like Sweetheart, Mini Monsters, Everyday Paperdolls, etc.

The letters inbetween are different items used in scrapbooking like polka dotted ribbon, paper ribbon, cricut black pen, cricut scrapper or one the other tools, tape runner, Xyron, Glue Dots, holiday rub ons, sports rub ons, gel pen, corner punch, etc.
TGJG Offline
#7 Posted : Friday, April 12, 2013 10:31:40 AM(UTC)
TGJG

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
I have been to several crops where they have a "mini garage sale." EAch person prices their own items and is responsible for everything related to selling their items--this mean no extra work for you--just having a few tables set up for the participants.
Another idea is a "Give and Take" table. This is a table that people put their left overs on to donate. If you need a sticker, paper, stamps, etc from the table, you just take it and put something of yours on the table for someone else to use. Anything left over at the end of the crop is donated to the children's hospital.
Maybe your vendors can have a few make-n-takes. The ones for just $1-$3 are always good.
The massage station always seems to be popular. Will you be having food? A snack table? A drink station?
Have fun!! Jan
 1 user thanked TGJG for this useful post.
JudiLuvz2CutPaper on 4/12/2013(UTC)