Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

JeanP Offline
#1 Posted : Thursday, April 11, 2013 8:28:32 AM(UTC)
JeanP

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 735 time(s) in 618 post(s)
I originally was told that you can't use CRR with the E, you needed the E2.

Now I have been told differentConfused Confused Confused

So can I use CRR with my original Expression?

Edited by user Thursday, April 11, 2013 8:29:11 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

scrapalette Offline
#2 Posted : Thursday, April 11, 2013 8:46:04 AM(UTC)
scrapalette

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 18411 time(s) in 8182 post(s)
Yes! CCR works with all the Cricut models.

There are issues with CCR and the Imagine, but some people have the two working together. Others have to use their Imagine as as stand alone.

GypsyBoricua Offline
#3 Posted : Thursday, April 11, 2013 8:47:24 AM(UTC)
GypsyBoricua

Was thanked: 695 time(s) in 361 post(s)
Originally Posted by: JeanP Go to Quoted Post
I originally was told that you can't use CRR with the E, you needed the E2.

Now I have been told differentConfused Confused Confused

So can I use CRR with my original Expression?

Yes you can.
JeanP Offline
#4 Posted : Thursday, April 11, 2013 9:17:49 AM(UTC)
JeanP

United States

Originally Posted by: scrapalette Go to Quoted Post
Yes! CCR works with all the Cricut models.

There are issues with CCR and the Imagine, but some people have the two working together. Others have to use their Imagine as as stand alone.

If I had known that before, I never would have bought the E2. I was told that CCR needed the E2 in order to work!!!!!

I have never gotten my E2 to communicate with my computer!!!! Not sure if i can get my E to communicate either. I may have to break down and call PC.

I use DS on my laptop all the time with my E so I am hoping that I can use CCR with it as well without too much trouble.

Edited by user Thursday, April 11, 2013 9:20:01 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

scrapalette Offline
#5 Posted : Thursday, April 11, 2013 9:21:19 AM(UTC)
scrapalette

United States

Call PC and they will troubleshoot with you.

Or post what anti-virus software and internet service you use and someone here in the forums may be able to get you going. Usually, it's a just a matter of added the CCR files to the exceptions for you anti-virus program. Sometimes, it is the internet provider. And sometimes, it Adobe Air.
JeanP Offline
#6 Posted : Thursday, April 11, 2013 9:28:17 AM(UTC)
JeanP

United States

Originally Posted by: scrapalette Go to Quoted Post
Call PC and they will troubleshoot with you.

Or post what anti-virus software and internet service you use and someone here in the forums may be able to get you going. Usually, it's a just a matter of added the CCR files to the exceptions for you anti-virus program. Sometimes, it is the internet provider. And sometimes, it Adobe Air.

I had tried all of the above at one time or another and still nothing!!!!I finally deleted everything and started over. I uninstalled both Cricut Sync and CCR and reinstalled them. I installed Adobe Air, added the exceptions and everything else I found posted. Still nothing. It ended up looking like maybe the driver was not installed. Couldn't figure that one out so I gave up.

I have Avast anti-virus software and use Cox Cable internet with Windows 7 OS.

I did try PC twice and never got thru so I gave up on that alsoBlushing

Guess I need to bite the bullet and try them again.

CricketCMV Offline
#7 Posted : Thursday, April 11, 2013 11:21:24 AM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 7587 time(s) in 4442 post(s)
JeanP - In case you have done this, you CANNOT have CDS and CCR open at the same time you're trying to use CCR on your computer. Just thought I would let you know in case that might be the problem.

HAVE YOU INSTALLED THE DRIVERS for your Cricut machine/s while in CCR?
Have you seen special instructions here for AVAST users....go down the topics here to see if you can find those instructions. COX may be an issue, too; not sure.

When you do any uninstalling of programs, it's always a good idea to go up to TOOLS when you're on your internet and DELETE BROWING HISTORY. Then, you should unplug your CRICUT from your hard drive on your computer (USB) then SHUTDOWN your computer.

Before you restart your computer, go ahead and plug in the USB cord and turn your CRICUT machine on.

Next, REBOOT your computer. After your have rebooted, then you can REINSTALL your CCR (Adobe Air should install right after CCR....it takes a few minutes for it to appear on your screen after you have downloaded CCR).

I would not use any links you have received for downloading CCR to your computer....go directly to cricut.com and use the links they have provided in the Craft Room there.

I BELIEVE YOU NEED TO BE SURE YOU ARE IN YOUR ADMINISTRATOR ACCOUNT when you do all of this, also! Be sure you're not on another users account on your computer when you download CCR.

Short of any of this working for you, I would call ProvoCraft to have them get you through anything else you might need help with.

I hope you get it up and running, soon!

Char

Edited by user Thursday, April 11, 2013 11:23:49 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

scrapalette Offline
#8 Posted : Thursday, April 11, 2013 1:36:26 PM(UTC)
scrapalette

United States

I had tried all of the above at one time or another and still nothing!!!!I finally deleted everything and started over. I uninstalled both Cricut Sync and CCR and reinstalled them. I installed Adobe Air, added the exceptions and everything else I found posted. Still nothing. It ended up looking like maybe the driver was not installed. Couldn't figure that one out so I gave up.

I have Avast anti-virus software and use Cox Cable internet with Windows 7 OS.

I did try PC twice and never got thru so I gave up on that alsoBlushing

Guess I need to bite the bullet and try them again.

Avast is one of the programs that doesn't like CCR at all. Narelle has a post about it {I don't know if that's the one you followed but I'll go look for it}.

Also, when you uninstalled CCR, there may have been traces of Adobe Air left. Try Air Zapper to remove Adobe Air completely. Again, Narelle has a post on that too. Or maybe go to her CCR blog:

http://cricutcraftroombl...le-logging-into-ccr.html
 1 user thanked scrapalette for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 4/11/2013(UTC)
JeanP Offline
#9 Posted : Thursday, April 11, 2013 4:38:28 PM(UTC)
JeanP

United States

I got my E to work with CCR and it even cutsBigGrin BigGrin BigGrin Thanks. Not sure what I did different this time.
Now to get better with CCR itself. I actually prefer DS because it is much faster to use.

Are all of the carts that are listed in My Cartridges available all the time or just for a short period of time. I didn't think you needed the carts for the freebies?

AS for my E2, it doesn't get detected when I try to cut. I tried the cord from my E but still nothing. When I tried to put a cartridge in the E2, it said error, try again. I tried a few different ones and got the same thing. So not sure what is up with thatBlushing

I guess this E2 and I are not meant to be for some reason!!! And to think I paid big bbucks for it when it first came outCrying Crying
 1 user thanked JeanP for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 4/11/2013(UTC)
scrapalette Offline
#10 Posted : Thursday, April 11, 2013 5:17:03 PM(UTC)
scrapalette

United States

The freebies are included in your My Carts list. When the "try it before you buy it" freebie ends, it will be removed and if there is another freebie, it will be added.

Other than that, you will have Craft Room Basics which is free to everyone all the time. And any carts that you link through CCR.
 1 user thanked scrapalette for this useful post.
JeanP on 4/11/2013(UTC)
CricketCMV Offline
#11 Posted : Thursday, April 11, 2013 7:01:09 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

You don't HAVE to link cartridges, though. The cartridges you own will work without linking.

Also, I don't know if this is still true (maybe Scrapalette knows), but we used to have to insert ANY cartridge when we were using the digitals in CCR. I think this may have changed, but if it's not working for you when you try to CUT a digital/freebie, try inserting any cart and see if it works for you that way.

Char
JeanP Offline
#12 Posted : Friday, April 12, 2013 6:32:36 AM(UTC)
JeanP

United States

Originally Posted by: CricketCMV Go to Quoted Post
You don't HAVE to link cartridges, though. The cartridges you own will work without linking.

Also, I don't know if this is still true (maybe Scrapalette knows), but we used to have to insert ANY cartridge when we were using the digitals in CCR. I think this may have changed, but if it's not working for you when you try to CUT a digital/freebie, try inserting any cart and see if it works for you that way.

Char

Thanks,I don't plan on linking any cartridges just in case I end up selling it.

I think the problem is with the E2 itself because my computer does not detect it when I attach it. When I tried the E yesterday, it started "installing hardware" as soon as I attached it to the computer. Not so with the E2!!!!

Not sure why my cartrdiges don't work when I put them in the E2!!!! I have used the machine and carts before on their own without CCR but now I get an error message on the machine with all the cartridges!!!!!!!!!!!!!

At least I can now use CRR but I have an E2 that is unuseableCrying Crying Crying

1 user thanked JeanP for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 4/12/2013(UTC)
CricketCMV Offline
#13 Posted : Friday, April 12, 2013 11:21:30 AM(UTC)
CricketCMV

I wouldn't give up on your E2; there are those who use CCR with their E2s and they don't have problems. So, it's just a matter of figuring out why yours won't work. Sorry you're having the problems, though. I'm so glad your Expression is working for you.

Another poster (on a thread I read just before this one...today...) just mentioned that the only way she can get her machine to be recognized is to go into CCR (without the CRICUT turned on), press the CUT button when she's ready to CUT and THEN turn on her CRICUT, and THEN CCR recognizes that her machine is there! You might try that. Let us know if you do; and, let us know whether or not this worked for you.

ALSO, is your CCR updated to BUILD 179? Is your E2 up-to-date (I'm sure you've told us; can't remember). What version is your ADOBE AIR?

Char

Edited by user Friday, April 12, 2013 11:24:45 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

JeanP Offline
#14 Posted : Friday, April 12, 2013 12:55:36 PM(UTC)
JeanP

United States

I wouldn't give up on your E2; there are those who use CCR with their E2s and they don't have problems. So, it's just a matter of figuring out why yours won't work. Sorry you're having the problems, though. I'm so glad your Expression is working for you.

Another poster (on a thread I read just before this one...today...) just mentioned that the only way she can get her machine to be recognized is to go into CCR (without the CRICUT turned on), press the CUT button when she's ready to CUT and THEN turn on her CRICUT, and THEN CCR recognizes that her machine is there! You might try that. Let us know if you do; and, let us know whether or not this worked for you.

ALSO, is your CCR updated to BUILD 179? Is your E2 up-to-date (I'm sure you've told us; can't remember). What version is your ADOBE AIR?

Char

I did a search for Adobe Air and nothing shows up. Strange!!!! CCR is up to date with build 179.
I will update my E2, see what's up with Adobe air. If none of that works, I will try what you said above. Will let you know what happens if anythingBigGrin

I just clicked on CCR and checked properties. Compatability was for Windows XP not Windows 7. I changed that also.
JeanP Offline
#15 Posted : Friday, April 12, 2013 2:10:49 PM(UTC)
JeanP

United States

Char

Tried the above and it idin;t work. E2 works with the 3 carts installed in it but not if I try one of my own. It says cartridge error.

Adobe air is 3.7
CCR is Build 179
E2????

When I try and update using Cricut Sync I get the following message!!!!
Device detected but not responding. Restart & Run Sync again.

Tried that 3 times and nothing changes. I even did it without Avast on!!!!

Pretty sure that they are communicating because I tried resetting the E2 and it gets 3/4 the way thru and won't complete!!! So they have to be talkingBigGrineven if I can't get that to work either.

Not sure what to try nextBlushing

Edited by user Friday, April 12, 2013 2:11:45 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

CricketCMV Offline
#16 Posted : Friday, April 12, 2013 6:57:18 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Tried the above and it idin;t work. E2 works with the 3 carts installed in it but not if I try one of my own. It says cartridge error.

Adobe air is 3.7
CCR is Build 179
E2????

When I try and update using Cricut Sync I get the following message!!!!
Device detected but not responding. Restart & Run Sync again.

Tried that 3 times and nothing changes. I even did it without Avast on!!!!

Pretty sure that they are communicating because I tried resetting the E2 and it gets 3/4 the way thru and won't complete!!! So they have to be talkingBigGrineven if I can't get that to work either.

Not sure what to try nextBlushing

JeanP - I did answer your PM...hope it helps, but I think you should try calling PC on Monday! So sorry you're having so much trouble. If you haven't tried the AVAST info, I think you need to try that next?

Char