Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

PatriciaBennett Offline
#1 Posted : Sunday, April 07, 2013 6:16:18 PM(UTC)
PatriciaBennett

Groups: Registered

I have a friend who will soon be acquiring a cricut from a previous owner. There will be no cartridges coming with the cricut. Any suggestions, 2 or 3, basic cartridges that would provide a nice mix of images and fonts for a beginner user?
janeshepherd Offline
#2 Posted : Sunday, April 07, 2013 7:23:26 PM(UTC)
janeshepherd

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 45 time(s) in 25 post(s)
the ULTIMATE CREATIVE SERIES, it has 6 overlays and 6 carts. It also has a dvd series with crafts to make with the cart. Great for beginners.

southgirltexas Offline
#3 Posted : Tuesday, April 09, 2013 5:34:31 AM(UTC)
southgirltexas

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 568 time(s) in 340 post(s)
Truly, just about any are good. Find a good font cart, one that she may like. One that has leaves or flourishes are alway handy. And one that has frames or doilies. Research look at the carts on line. Where Caligraphy has loads of fonts they are a bit difficult to cut (I like Billionair or Cindy Loo). Paper Lace is a good one too.
Tina E Offline
#4 Posted : Tuesday, April 09, 2013 11:26:49 AM(UTC)
Tina E

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 435 time(s) in 111 post(s)
It really depends on her preferences. As some are flowers others are handymen. Some have children, some no children.

Cricut.com is having a sale through tomorrow. Go to cricut.com, click "Shop" then "Imagine Library". There she can look through the cartridges and see what is available. Once she sees things she likes there is always many online sources for purchase.

Ultimate Creative Series is a good one but so are the "Best Images of" there are a few years to choose from.

Cartridges are really a personal choice. There are many fonts and such available it will just depend on which style she likes.
Flo Offline
#5 Posted : Monday, April 22, 2013 6:02:09 AM(UTC)
Flo

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Canada

Was thanked: 57 time(s) in 32 post(s)
Originally Posted by: PatriciaBennett Go to Quoted Post
I have a friend who will soon be acquiring a cricut from a previous owner. There will be no cartridges coming with the cricut. Any suggestions, 2 or 3, basic cartridges that would provide a nice mix of images and fonts for a beginner user?

get in touch with a Close to my Heart rep I know Courtney lane designs and Dr Phill scraps are both reps and the 2 cartridges that CTMH have out would be my first choice (and I have over 250 carts) these cartridges come with stamps which co ordinate and chip board. They have a variety of things that suit just about anything you want to do. Check out the digital books on Cricut.com The names are Art philosophy and Artiste