Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

86 Pages«<7071727374>»
imnchghere Offline
#2131 Posted : Wednesday, April 03, 2013 9:11:00 PM(UTC)
imnchghere

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 99 time(s) in 77 post(s)
good evening all.. been a busy day, but I am about ready for the meeting. Just have to figure out what clothes to pack and print out my report(s). Hope the meeting goes smooth, but I am not
optimistic

Lizzy, thanks for the kind thoughts for my Mom. She has had a few setbacks with her health the past year or so, ( a mini stroke and a couple falls). She is a very independent person and I know she is worried about losing that. For the most part she is in good health. The Dr's were very pleased with how quickly she bounced back after the stroke.

Today, I tried to make a plan to get back on track purging and decluttering. Need to figure out where to start or should I say re-start. I wish I could have maybe done the scrapbook yard sale, but too late now. I am going to try to schedule a donation p/u date and then I will have a goal to work towards.

Laurie, I see you just stopped by. I will have to look at your picture. Thanks also for the prayers.

I think I am going to call it a night here. Jim has a Doc appt in the am and then he is doing a conference call meeting from home. Once he is through we will probably get on the road. I'll check in before we leave, which could be late afternoon.

imnchghere Offline
#2132 Posted : Wednesday, April 03, 2013 9:31:17 PM(UTC)
imnchghere

Laurie, that is cute. I am guessing it is not too big. My first thought was $10. Not sure why that amount popped into my mind. How much did you pay for the clip board. I would triple that if you used paper/ribbon you have in your stash. $15 might not be too much thouogh. What were you thinking?

Well I am off to bed.
Flee57 Offline
#2133 Posted : Wednesday, April 03, 2013 10:10:26 PM(UTC)
Flee57

LOL Pat. I was thinking $5. That's why I ask. I sell things cheap LOL I think $10 sound good. I have 4 clipboards but I think I will only make 2 of thes. I'm focusing on cards and I am going to do some recipe card sets too
QtnSasyCarrie Offline
#2134 Posted : Thursday, April 04, 2013 1:32:18 PM(UTC)
QtnSasyCarrie

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Good afternoon!

I went to hairapy. it's a little shorter and a little less blonde. Then I went to the mall to return a pair of Jon's pants and some lady went off on me as she thought I was Jennifer Aniston. This is getting ridiculous! It keeps happening and I look nothing like her. People need to wear their glasses.

Pat I am so sorry to hear about your mom. It is so hard when parents get older; us too. Hope the meeting goes well.

Laurie the clip board is darling. I would charge at least $10. i saw the photo of Sadie on FB. Cute! She is a funny dog.

Lizzy hope the renovations are going smoothly and happy to hear you have a helper.

Hey Rhonda how are you? How's little Payton doing? Are you getting to see much of her?

Paula I don't know how you can go back and organize photos. I can't even figure out photos from Rome and they weren't even a year ago yet.

Well I am heading back up to the craft room. I was trying to print photos this morning out of the Silhouette software and go white dotted lines through my photos. So I am going to see what I can do to doctor the printer.
I_M_BLEST Offline
#2135 Posted : Thursday, April 04, 2013 4:22:33 PM(UTC)
I_M_BLEST

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
hahaha Carrie, maybe you should just go along with it and charge them for a pic with you. ;)

Today I did the Thur. house and then took DS to the airport. (same one Rhonda and Nancy came in to) He just texted me and is now in NC. I also ordered 160 pics to be printed. (25 free, the rest 10 cents each) :)
I have some layouts to finish (wink, wink) and then I am going to tackle organizing the old pics.
Pat, DH said he can transfer the pics over like you suggested. That will make it so much easier than using the dinosaur. :)
Oh, you are probably on the road.

Laurie, the clipboards are nice. When is the craft show?

imnchghere Offline
#2136 Posted : Thursday, April 04, 2013 8:06:00 PM(UTC)
imnchghere

good evening from Gettysburg. Been here since about 7 and am getting ready to call it an early night. Not sure what is planned for tomorrow, but I think there is rain in the forecast in the morning.

Been here so many times there isn't much we haven't seen. So much I could be doing at home. Oh well...

Hope everyone has a good weekend and a productive one.
lizzyea Offline
#2137 Posted : Thursday, April 04, 2013 11:23:14 PM(UTC)
lizzyea

Hi friends....I've had a pretty productive day today. I worked on organizing and packing up my scrapping supplies.

I'm trying to pack my stuff up in a way that they are organized with all of the related projects together. Of course, as I type that, it only makes sense, but it's also tempting to just pack it the easiest way. I'm also trying to match random papers I have into sets so that I can potentially use them for future projects. (I have a bunch of journals I want to alter and I am still working on my recipe book.)

Anyway, I found my elusive and missing wedding photos along with their negatives! I've been looking for those for years and years...and just this week, I first found the negatives and today I found the prints! I couldn't believe it! I'm thrilled.

Well, the huge decision about a dress for the wedding has been made! Remember the dress I had tried on but it was too large? Well, the smaller size fits really well so I'm going to go with it. I got another dress at the same time, but didn't even try it on.

Later today, we took a load of boxes to the storage facility and loaded up my car with a load to Goodwill. I'll take the load to Goodwill in the morning and get rid of it. I'm hoping to finish up my scrapping stuff tomorrow as well and then move on to packing up books. I think there will be more items for Goodwill by the time I finish in the bonus room. I have a bunch of stuff for our yard sale, too, but they all need to be taken downstairs.

Pat, I trust that your meetings in Gettysburg are going well. I also hope you don't have only rainy weather. What have you heard about your mother?

Rhonda, I am missing hearing from you right now. I hope you know I am thinking about you.

Laurie, what kinds of things are you up to? Are you getting crazy about the real estate agent coming?

Nancy, how is your foot? Is the big melt getting any better?

Paula, I'm glad Tay made it to NC fine! I'm sure he and Katie will have a great time together. What do you have on your agenda for the weekend?

Well, I've been working on this post for quite awhile now, so I'd better get moving and get to bed. The wallpaper strippers will be here at 8:00 tomorrow. It's their last day. Yippee! I have been referring to them as Cheech and Chong...all day long, they strip paper and chat to eat other nonstop in Spanish. It would be humorous if it weren't my home! LOL

I_M_BLEST Offline
#2138 Posted : Friday, April 05, 2013 6:16:54 AM(UTC)
I_M_BLEST

Good morning ladies!

The sun is shining!! Love No frost this morning. It's supposed to almost hit 50 today and maybe 60 tomorrow. Yippee!!

Pat, glad to hear you made it alright. Hope all goes well while you are there. How long are you staying?

Lizzy, you are kicking butt with your organizing/purging!! I have a load in the back of my van I forgot to drop off when I was in town the other day, maybe today. I hope C & C finish up today so you can move to the next step.
Today Serina and I are spending the day together and tomorrow I am her travel companion for a speaking engagement. We have to be at the FOP for a Lion's meeting at 7:45 a.m. Yikes!! There is also an all day practice for the princess/pre-teen pageant so I may go to that. I will be helping at the pageant the last Sat. of April.

lizzyea Offline
#2139 Posted : Friday, April 05, 2013 8:44:13 AM(UTC)
lizzyea

Good Friday morning, friends!

Paula, I probably won't get to Goodwill until this afternoon. Terry and I talked about running some errands then and I forgot to mention this one. So, hopefully, he won't mind stopping for this one as well. In the meantime, I would like to work in the bonus room most of the day.

Only Cheech came today which is good...there will be less talking...they are very hard workers, but it's the nonstop chatter that was bothersome. I can't close a door because they are in the upstairs hallway now. This is the last area, too.

I have another man stopping by today to give me a quote on the exterior painting, too. I almost forgot about that.

My sorting, purging, and packing work is never-ending at this point. Grrrr!

Well, not much else to say about my stuff.

I wonder what everyone, except you, Paula, is up to today? Paula, you have been a great companion to Serina this year. I know she appreciates you so much! It's a great friendship you've developed, I'm sure.

Well, I'm going to rustle up some breakfast and get going.
QtnSasyCarrie Offline
#2140 Posted : Friday, April 05, 2013 2:40:19 PM(UTC)
QtnSasyCarrie

Hello.

I went this morning and brought QtnSasy home. She didn't want to start but with Chris' help we got her up and running. Then I took her straight to the car wash. Boy did she need that. Came home and took care of the dogs and then went for a pedicure. boy the toes feel good to be out of jail. Got some of the house cleaned up and laundry going. Tonight we are going out with friends for Jim's birthday.

Lizzy you are just moving right along. Your house is going to look so good you won't want to leave.

Paula have tons of fun with Serena. Lizzy is right you have been a very good friend to her.

Pat glad to hear you arrived safely. Hope the meeting goes well and it doesn't rain much so you aren't cooped up.

Well off to take care of the laundry before we leave.
lizzyea Offline
#2141 Posted : Friday, April 05, 2013 4:25:48 PM(UTC)
lizzyea

OK...this is going to start out as a complaint-fest, so if you want to skip this part, please feel free. I don't like strangers in my house all week long. This stripping of the wallpaper has made a huge mess and while they have done a valiant effort of cleaning up, it isn't as much as I would have liked. Trust me, I am NOT a clean freak by any means...just ask Laurie, she will agree...but there are little bits of stripped wallpaper EVERYWHERE. I need to run the vacuum cleaner on every single floor in the entire house. Every single surface needs to be dusted and wiped down. Grrr.... I am totally ready for them to be done and leave. And, to top it all, it's 4:15 on Friday, and they are still not finished. Whoever the moron was who put on the wallpaper did a terrible job and when these guys are removing it, it is coming off in layers. What a horrendous mess. The next mess will be the ceilings. I don't relish that. Once that is done, I think the rest of the work will be relatively clean. OK, I'm done.

I am coming to the end of packing up my scrapping stuff. I still have the stuff from my desk...my rubber stamps, my inks, my markers, that kind of stuff. There isn't much to go through there...I will keep most of that stuff, although I may toss some of my stamps. I have lots that I converted from wooden backs to the kind that will cling to acrylic, but I'm not really very happy with them. I may toss some of those. I still have a Navigator Tote to fill, too! I've done a pretty good job of packing stuff away.

I really tried to organize all of my projects so that all of their parts and pieces were stored together. Hopefully, when I unpack, they will stay together! I am truly hoping to buy a new scrapping set-up after we move...although we may be penniless when all is said and done! I've scoped out a set-up via Ikea but I don't know exactly what the price is nor how much square footage I will need so it's all a pipe-dream right now.

Well, friends, I am going to sign off for now. I have a headache...mainly because I forgot to take my medication yesterday and this is my punishment. You would think I would never forget since the consequences is so nasty, but I still forget sometimes. Well, anyway, later, gator!
Confused

imnchghere Offline
#2142 Posted : Friday, April 05, 2013 7:38:28 PM(UTC)
imnchghere

good evening... it has been quite a busy time here. People arriving and lots of catching up. WAAAAAY too much food being eaten also.

Lizzy, I had to chuckle about Cheech & Chong. When we had restoration done after our water pipe explosion, we had a lot of Hispanic workers. Chatter and working all at high speed. Like magpies. The same for the guys who did the slate on the porch and walk. I am sorry it is taking longer than you thought, but at least it is getting done and probably faster than you could have done it.

Carrie, were you able to get the pictures printed? I've got a few to print when I get home from the Cancer walk and then I am going to get those pages done. I really want to get my scrapping stuff gone through, Going to try the scrapbook diet I found on Pinterest.

Well, I need to get to bed. I didn't sleep that well last night. Bathroom breaks and leg cramps. This morning we were up early and tromped around one of the older cemeteries for find a grave pics. Lots of walking and fresh air.

Hello, to the others.. I will try to check back tomorrow after the meeting and lunch.
Flee57 Offline
#2143 Posted : Friday, April 05, 2013 7:56:16 PM(UTC)
Flee57

Good evening everyone!

Lizzy, I am LOLing on your clean freak comment. I can only imagine how much the mess has irritated you. You can attest to me not being a clean freak too but I would want them to clean up their mess. Man, you guys are really getting things done! I'm pretty calm about the realtor coming. I will feel better once I know what we need to do and how much she thinks we should ask for the house. I will feel awesome when that for sale sign goes into my yard! the one thing I have to definitely finish tomorrow is painting the bathroom. I wouldn't be so worried about it but I've already started it. Just need to finish it. I am trying to get cigarette burn marks off the floor with Magic Eraser. My Sister said the floor wasn't bad except for the yellowish burn marks. Hey, how far away is Manhattan Beach from you? There was a restaurant on Diners tonight called North End Cafe. Italian food. I want us to go there. It looked awesome. Little off subject there LOL I'm so glad you found your wedding pics. you'll have to share some :)

Pat, it sounds like you are enjoying your time in Gettysburg. How is your Mom doing?

Paula, the craft show is either the 19th or 20th. It's not a super long one. 11am - 4 pm. It is for a Friends Relay for Life team. I hope to make 4 of the clipboards and recipe cards, several decorated recipe card sets, lots of cards and maybe some mini scrapbooks. I have 28 cards done so far. I even did some watercolor backgrounds on some of them. I need to simplify them so I can make lots. If I don't sell them all, a lot of the ladies on the yard sale site want to buy some. So it could be win/win :) glad Tay made it to NC safely.

Carrie, glad QtnSasy is home. Did it not start just because it hasn't started all winter?

Nancy and Rhonda, I hope all is well with you both.

tomorrow I will be painting, laundring and carding...all day!

Back to carding

Happy weekend everyone!

Later!

lizzyea Offline
#2144 Posted : Friday, April 05, 2013 11:52:51 PM(UTC)
lizzyea

Good evening, friends. I'm glad no one (at least so far) was offended by my Cheech and Chong comments. Yes, these men are very hard workers. They did not take a lunch break two of the four days they worked and for the other two days, they hardly stopped at all for lunch. They worked as fast and furiously as they talked! LOL

I am not going to try and clean since the ceiling work is going to be messy also. I am, however, going to get everything out of the girls' rooms, including their bedding, so that nothing gets any dirtier than necessary. In the meantime, I'll get all that (the bedding) washed. I just ordered some new pillows because I already tossed out some of the pillows and I figure we can "make do" with whatever we have left...or at least I hope so. I think we used to have a good set of pillows for each bedroom but in the process of them going away to college and moving out, they have cannibalized their pillows and what has been left behind are the dregs! LOL

I am also planning to replace all of the towels in the house by the time we move, along with most of the sheets. The animal shelter will be so happy because they get everything I get rid of! They use them for the bedding in the animals' pens. I took a ton of stuff in there awhile back and they were thrilled.

Pat, I saw the scrapbook diet on Pinterest, but I wasn't convinced of her new scrapping style...but I totally liked how she had cut down on her tools, etc. I haven't done such a good job yet, but I have gotten rid of quite a bit of my stuff...just not everything yet. I did put a bunch of CM stuff that I found into a bag and will see if my neighbor wants it. If not, I'll pass it on to the local chapter of Make a Wish Foundation.

This weekend promises to be a big work weekend. I just desperately need some sleep and not to have a headache which I've had almost daily this week. Hmmm.....

I looked for more plastic bins for my scrapping stuff at Target but couldn't settle on anything; plus for the girls' American Girls dolls. Finally, I decided to do some measuring before buying anything, especially for the American Girls dolls since some of the stuff that goes with those dolls are so size-specific. Plus, I need to split up the dolls now. So, I will split them up and measure and then buy containers.

Mainly, I need to finish up what I've started with the scrapping stuff for now.

Laurie, Manhattan Beach is a little bit on this side of LAX, so it isn't as far as that airport. The most recent time we were there was when we were taking Sarah to the airport - I think it was. We ate at a very good Mexican restaurant down near Manhattan Beach. But, it isn't all that much off the beaten path at all. We can put that on our "to do" list for the next time you come out my way!

Well, Pat, I hope your meetings go well tomorrow. I'll be thinking of you! Carrie, I hope your car was reluctant to start since it had been a cold winter but is now running just fine.

Oh, gee....the main reason I logged on tonight was to say I received everyone's pages today: Rhonda's, Laurie's, and Pat's...and they are BEAUTIFUL! You ladies are waaaaaay more creative than I am...and ever will be! They are just gorgeous. I told Sarah what you are doing and she was so happy. I haven't shown Terry yet...I am waiting until they are all here and will show him all at once because I know how much attention he will grant me...just one shot!

Well, friends, I am going to bed. I seem to have a bout of insomnia around 3:00 AM for around 45 minutes. Since I've been getting up early to let the chihuahuas in, I am sleep-deprived, so I desperately need my beauty rest tonight. Therefore, "hasta la vista, mis amigas!"

Flee57 Offline
#2145 Posted : Saturday, April 06, 2013 7:30:26 AM(UTC)
Flee57

OMG Lizzy! I came here to read and drink my coffee. Not fully awake yet. I read about you letting the chihuahuas in. I'm sitting here thinking that you must somehow have Sarah's dog too and that Terry left them out before leaving and they barked so you had to get up to let them in. Then I'm sitting here thinking Ruby's not a chihuahua. She's a daschund!. So I'm sitting here, sipping my coffee and the caffeine hits...you are talking about your workers! Oh, I'm so slow in the morning LOL

On my agenda today...making more watercolor backgrounds for cards...until noon. Then ignoring all that and finish the bathroom! I think this weekend we are going to buy the mirror and lights for the little bathroom along with a new shower curtain and matching towels...that we won't use. I just need something to put on the new towel bar. I found a nicer black oval mirror at WM that was $30 cheaper than the square one at Lowes. I also found the exact light fixture $20 cheaper at WM. As soon as we know when that sign will go up in our yard, we will make an appointment to have someone come in and clean the carpets. Sdie is going to hae to learn to wipe her feet! With spring coming, she gets so messy out there when it's raining. The good thing is that she doesn't stay out like she used to. She just going out, does her thing and comes in. this is the part I'm most nervous about. And I just sold my steam vac so I can't do any touch ups.

Well, I'd better get to making those backgrounds. I only hae 1.5 hrs to do it before I get the the real work of the day.

Later!
Flee57 Offline
#2146 Posted : Saturday, April 06, 2013 7:35:24 AM(UTC)
Flee57

Oh, Lizzy I meant to say something about the pages. I think it's cool that you can make a list of the type of pics you need to fill it. You'll know if it needs to be horizontal or veritcal. Are they having a photographer? You can give him/her a list. Just to help you with your list, for mine you need...
Bride - veritical
Groom - vertical
Mother of Bride - Veritical
Father of Bride - Vertical
Sistes - vertical
Family- horizontal

There! your list is started LOL

Later!
lizzyea Offline
#2147 Posted : Saturday, April 06, 2013 11:05:40 PM(UTC)
lizzyea

Well, today was another relatively productive day. We decided NOT to have a yard/garage sale next week. Terry determined that the relatively small amount of money we would earn was not worth the time we would invest along with all the nuisance we were already having trying to separate stuff and making space for it, etc. So, today, we took another load to Goodwill and from now on, we will either toss it or take it to Goodwill. I'm going to explore the options of having someone come and get what we don't want. That will save us the effort of even taking it to Goodwill.

My anxieties got the better of me later this afternoon and I got a bit weirded out, but they quickly receded. I think tomorrow, I will be fine once I get going again with packing and getting things outta here. We have another dumpster coming and as long as I keep my car loaded with stuff to donate and stuff to the storage shed, I'm doing pretty well. I do need to get some things finished up in the girls' rooms (I've been saying that for about a week now, huh?); but I should get that done tomorrow.

I think lining up the rest of the contractors is also a biggie. Last of all, I need to get going on the gift bags. I did find the items I needed to make the gift tags and I'll need to get that stuff going. YIKES!

Pat, how did your meetings go? I trust you have safe travels getting back home.

Paula, what's been on your agenda? How has Tay been enjoying his visit with Katie?

Carrie, have you been doing anything exciting?

Laurie, did you get your bathroom painted? Did you get your cards watercolored? You need to post some of them to show us.

Well, that's about it for me....I'll talk to everyone later. G'night all.

rm920 Offline
#2148 Posted : Sunday, April 07, 2013 5:54:21 AM(UTC)
rm920

HAPPY BIRTHDAY PAT!

Hope you have a great day. I saw a few pics you posted - looks like all were having a good time. Hope you mother is getting along good. Have you decided when you will be making the trip out there?

Lizzy, you have so many things going on you make me dizzy! But you are making great progress. And just think how wonderful the house will look when all is done. I'm glad you found the things needed to make the gift bags. You will need those pretty quickly. I am also so glad you are enjoying our little surprise to you. I know I enjoyed working on it. The colors were a little different for me but I came to love them!

Laurie, did you get your bathroom painted. I know what you mean about the dogs "wiping" their feet when them come in - especially once the carpets are cleaned. I always kept a towel by the door and let one dog in at a time and wiped each of their paws. That kept most of the tracking down. Good luck with the realtor. Your clip boards really turned out cute!

Carrie, glad QtnSasy finally made it home. Hope the weather cooperates so you can enjoy her. Hope Jim had a great birthday.

Paula, have you heard from Tay? I'll bet he and Katie are having a great time. Is she liking where she is? When will she be coming home?

Nancy, how are things with you? Have you been doing anything special with the kiddos? Hope your toe is doing better. Have you been to see the doctor about it yet?

Nothing exciting here. I have not seen Payton since the first time shortly after she came home. I really would like to. But the kids live with Drew's parents and I don't feel I can just drop in at someone's else's home. And I invite the kids out but haven't seen them. They never stopped in for Easter. I am trying to let things go and not have expectations. It just hurts too much.

I do have a wedding at the end of the month for my step-granddaughter. Then I have several new great grandbabies coming. One in May, one in July and I just found out that Meghann - Michelle's daughter is expecting due in August! All of this is making me feel so old. And they live far enough away I won't see much of them.

I am glad the weather is warming. I have done some weeding in the flower beds but there is a lot more to do. Haven't decided if I will plant lots of flowers or what. With our drought they are talking about more severe watering restrictions. May just let things go for this season.

I plan to get out my hummingbird feeders and get them all cleaned and nectar made today. Also get the oriole feeders ready. It is about that time of the year!

Hope everyone has a productive day.
I_M_BLEST Offline
#2149 Posted : Sunday, April 07, 2013 6:58:31 AM(UTC)
I_M_BLEST

HAPPY BIRTHDAY PAT!!

hope you have a nice day!!

Good morning ladies.

Yesterday Serina did really well speaking at the FOP. She always get comments about how well she speaks and they question her age. Cool Yesterday a man said, "your speech is so polished, how many times have you spoke at places?" The answer?? 4!! Not something I could do for sure!! Then I went to the princess/pre-teen practice. It was good. I visited a bit and helped set out lunch for the girls.
Then church and dinner out with friends. We went to a restaurant I have not gone to before. It used to be a mexican place and they redid it very nicely and the food was good.

I did order 80 more pics last night before the 10 cent print special ended. This morning I see they are having the same price this week. That's good because DH moved our pics on a flash drive from the old computer (thanks Pat!) so I have lots more to sort through.

Rhonda, glad to get an update from you. Sorry you haven't seen that baby!!! I can understand how it could be difficult with them living with her folks. Maybe you could ask them if they want to go out or if they want to leave her with you while they run errands. My BIL and SIL are in that boat right now. They have been grandparents for a year and hardly ever see him. The new parents live right next door to her parents and the other grandma quit work so she could babysit anytime they need. So...that has been really hard for them.
It may be really hard but if you can tell them how important this little baby is to you and how much you want to be part of her life, it may help them understand. Often young people don't think through all of that and I know new parents are oh so busy (and tired!!).
Shelly is going to be a grandma?? Wow!! Is this the daughter she did flags with when she was in high school?
Your step daughter is getting married, so is that Shelly's sister? All kinds of things happening for you. :)

Lizzy, sorry you had a hard time yesterday. Glad you regrouped and continued on. You have a lot on your plate right now. It sounds like giving up on the yard sale plan will help in a number of ways. Good job, being flexible and going with the flow. I agree with Rhonda, look to the results and how nice it will be to have an orderly, spruced up house.

Gonna get a cup of tea and head to the basement. BigGrin
Flee57 Offline
#2150 Posted : Sunday, April 07, 2013 7:08:55 AM(UTC)
Flee57

good morning Friends!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY PAT!!

Rhonda,you are Payton's GG. Talk with Drew's parents. I'm sure they would be ok with you coming by for a visit. Do they live pretty far away? Don't be afraid to let Cody and Drew know that you want to see Payton. I don't mean to tell you what to do but Payton's GG is an important part of her life and you really shouldn't feel out of place just because they live with Drew's parents. I hope I didn't step over any boundary here. you should have expectations. Family is the most important thing to all of us, and I hate seeing you feeling hurt. (((BIG HUGS))) to you my Friend.

Lizzy, Lizzy...you makin' me so tired! What was making you so anxious yesterday? is it just the enormity of the tasks you are doing? I'm sure at some point I will feel the same way but hopefully not. I have been successful at decluttering using the FB yard sale website. I have gotten rid of so much without having to worry about taking it somewhere. I will have a yard sale with what is remaining and more...like clothes the first weekend in May. The only reason is because it is a community-wide yardsale and I don't have to do any advertising for it. My address will be listed on a map in the newspaper and flyers provided by the city. If it was just me, I would do the same as you guys. Not bother trying to sell and just give it or throw it. I know I still have a lot I can get rid of...just gotta let go of it.

Yesterday was gorgeous! Had the windows open and let in the fresh air. it reached 70. it's already 60 today but we are supposed to get rain. The sun is shining but it's filtered by some thin clouds. I did not finish the painting. I almost fell off the ladder and decide to wait until D got home...so he can save me LOL. So I painted the top of the walls when he got home and I'll finish the bottom today...hopefully. I am on a roll with all the cards. I will take some pics to show. I think I have made 10 sets of 4 cards now. Haven't made any more clipboards or recipe cards yet. I still have almost 2 weeks.

Well, I'd better get back to it!

Happy sunday everyone!

Later!
File Attachment(s):
DSCN2020.JPG (3,160kb) downloaded 11 time(s).
DSCN2021.JPG (3,105kb) downloaded 8 time(s).
DSCN2022.JPG (3,210kb) downloaded 9 time(s).
DSCN2023.JPG (3,081kb) downloaded 0 time(s).
DSCN2025.JPG (3,137kb) downloaded 5 time(s).
DSCN2026.JPG (3,105kb) downloaded 6 time(s).
DSCN2027.JPG (3,100kb) downloaded 5 time(s).
Flee57 Offline
#2151 Posted : Sunday, April 07, 2013 7:18:29 AM(UTC)
Flee57

So I added pics of my cards in the last post.

I am selling in sets of 4 w/ envies for $6. Do you think it's too much?

The ones with the big U are being sold as a set due to having different sentiments. Many of the cards have the same sentiments so I will mix them up with other cards.

Do you all think it's cooler to have a mixed set or all the same design with different sentiments?

I'd like it to be successful because I will donate 1/2 of my sales to Relay for Life in my Mom's honor <3

Any suggestions would be welcomed.
I_M_BLEST Offline
#2152 Posted : Sunday, April 07, 2013 7:54:16 AM(UTC)
I_M_BLEST

Very nice job on the cards Laurie!! I really, really like the painted backgrounds. I think that is a good price for people to buy. Very reasonable for homemade cards. I think of a set of cards as 6 or 8 but then you have to up the price. I think having something people can buy for $6 will make it easier for them to part with their money. :)
lizzyea Offline
#2153 Posted : Sunday, April 07, 2013 6:12:47 PM(UTC)
lizzyea

Hi friends....we packed quite a bit today and took a bunch of boxes to the storage shed. In fact, all of my books are packed. I need to take a few more downstairs - those I am donating and those I am taking to school. I still have the rest of my scrapping stuff to pack (it's never-ending) and the stuff in Kat's and Sarah's rooms. (I know...I keep talking about it and never get it done. Ugh!) Now that we have decided NOT to do a yard sale, we have cleaned so much crap out of our garage! It's fabulous!! I swear, I just want to keep loading up my car and taking it to Goodwill until it's all gone! LOL

We went to Home Depot today and ordered the granite for the kitchen counter and looked at carpet as well. We also got more boxes. I am about ready to start wrapping and packing breakables. I don't mind doing that. It's a good sign that we are nearing the end of the process! LOL

Our grand plan for kitchen stuff is to pack up all the dishes we plan to keep and just use the ones we will discard, thus making our final escape easier. I like the idea. I am itching to get into the kitchen and clear out all the stuff I don't want to keep....the bread machine, the extra coffee maker, the iced tea maker...stuff like that.

Well, I'd better get moving here. I'm not sure what I'm doing next, but I think whatever it is, I need to do it! LOL

Pat, I totally missed your birthday, so happy belated birthday wishes to you! So glad your meetings were successful and that your trip was good.

Rhonda, the situation at home doesn't sound good. I think it's time to level with the kids about your desire to see them more often; invite them over; and then see where they go with it. I hate it that it hurts your feelings. My guess is that it isn't about you...but it's about them not being able to manage their lives and taking care of a baby. It might be that the baby's mom is reluctant to leave the house with the baby...perhaps a bit fearful of being away from her parents/mom. Who knows. But, I cannot imagine it's about you.

So, who is the step-grandchild who is getting married? I nearly need a family tree to figure out your family, Rhonda? Is it Meaghann?

Laurie, those cards with the background watercolored are beautiful! I think four for $6 is perfectly reasonable. I would want a mixture of cards with the same sentiment...all birthday cards, but each one a bit different; or all get well cards. Maybe additionally, you could have a basket of singles where a person could select four of their choice for $6.50.

OK...now I'm going to go. Bye for the Sunday report.
Nancycs Offline
#2154 Posted : Monday, April 08, 2013 4:56:13 AM(UTC)
Nancycs

Happy birthday Pat! I am sorry I missed it!

Edited by user Monday, April 08, 2013 11:06:36 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user thanked Nancycs for this useful post.
imnchghere on 4/8/2013(UTC)
Nancycs Offline
#2155 Posted : Monday, April 08, 2013 11:52:07 AM(UTC)
Nancycs

Good afternoon!!

Lizzy I am glad you are getting your house in order. You are going to have your house so nice by the time you are done you won't want to leave! BigGrin You should be getting your LO's from me by the end of the week. They went out today.

Laurie I think the price you set for your cards is good. I don't think it is too much. Remember a cheap card at the store is $1 and not near as nice as yours. I think the same style of cards, like watercolor, but all different with the same type of sentiment, like birthday. If I bought them I might be giving to the same family and wouldn't want them the exact same even if the sentiment is different. Of course there are those sentiments that you might not want 4 of. You might also do 1 card for $2, 2 cards for $3.50 and 3 or more cards $1.50 each so they can choose the ones they want. I just saw Lizzy mentioned the same type of idea! LOL

Paula it sounds like you had a good day on Saturday. YOu do keep yourself busy with those girls. It is great of you to do that.

Rhonda I am so sorry you haven't seen Payton again. I agree about asking them to drop her off so they can do something or have a date night. Maybe you could ask them over for dinner on a certain date as well. Lots of new babies coming into your family. That must be exciting! Hope fully you will get a lot of pictures even if you can't see them often.

Pat I hope your day is going well. Scrapbook diet huh? I may have to see what that is all about.

Carrie how nice to have your car out! Now to take her out with the top down!

For those that asked I have not seen the DR about my toe yet. It went back on it's own so I my appt. was rescheduled for April 29th. I hope I won't have to have surgery, but I am not sure there is any other option.

I am glad to be over the stomach virus I got. I thought I was out of the woods with that one but I didn't quite make it. I am 100% now & so far no one else has gotten it. Knock on wood.

Today will be the nicest day we have had in a while. It will be almost 60*. Of course by Thursday we will be back to 34* with a chance of accumulation. Flapper It is April....this is uncommon even for MN!!!

I hope everyone has a great day!
Flee57 Offline
#2156 Posted : Monday, April 08, 2013 11:54:37 AM(UTC)
Flee57

realtor visit was good

Nothing major to do...just time consuming and getting someone hired to do it. She did say that if we are going to put in new flooring in the kitchen that we should go ahead and stick to our original plan of wood floor. it will make a nice conitinous flow of the 2 rooms and add to the openess. Our target goal for putting a for sale sign in the yard is the weekend of the community yard Sale...May 2nd. gotta get our butts in gear. She loved the idea of painting our front door red. I can't wait to do that. I am going to talk with D tonight ao=bout doing a pre inspection. That way if there is something major needing to be done, we will know it and adjust the price.

I'm excited!

Later!
lizzyea Offline
#2157 Posted : Tuesday, April 09, 2013 12:33:27 AM(UTC)
lizzyea

Hi friends. I'm glad to hear your realtor visit was uneventful, Laurie. So, is the verdict to put wood floors into the LR and kitchen now? Just wondering.

Our wallpaper is stripped; tomorrow, the electrician returns to finish his work in the house. We are getting can lights in the family room and he is removing the ceiling fan and putting it into our bedroom. He'll finish up the GFC protectors on the outlets and make sure we have the necessary smoke alarms in all the bedrooms and check out the hard-wired smoke protectors as well. That will finish up his work.

While he is here, I am taking the dog to the vet. She needs an immunization and an "older adult" blood panel. I'm also concerned because she seems to still be congested, primarily in her (extra long) nose. It comes and goes, but it's never gone away since she had that cold in the Fall. So, I want to get it checked out. After that, I have an engagement to babysit for Kelly while she goes to the doctor. I guess Jackson is going to be sleeping for most of the time I'm "babysitting" so she told me to bring along some work...so I pulled out a bunch of papers to grade. I think I will try and get through as many of them as I possibly can while I'm there. (I hate grading writing so that's what I took with me.)

I am desperately seeking someone to come and pick up our stuff that we were going to sell in the yard sale, but no one seems to want to do that. I will continue taking most of it to Goodwill but some of it I will take to the Assistance League thrift shop. I've decided to go through my handbags and donate some of them...and some of you know I love my handbags, but seriously, I don't use them all! I have some I will never use again.

Well, my scrapping stuff finally all got packed; all that's left are the rest of the scrapbooks which I am packing now. I got rid of a fair amount of stuff; but probably not nearly enough. I did, however, realize how disorganized it all was and how much better I can probably organize it when we relocate and I (hopefully) have a better set-up.

That's all for tonight, folks. Have a great Tuesday!

I_M_BLEST Offline
#2158 Posted : Tuesday, April 09, 2013 4:35:22 AM(UTC)
I_M_BLEST

Good morning!

Up and early, going to be at the monster house by 8 today. I will only have 4 1/2 hours before I have to leave to get DS from the airport. I will do the important parts first.

Lizzy, things are moving along fast for you. There are a bunch of places around here that will pick up items. Mostly resale shops. We also have a little publication that comes in our box on Saturdays and people will advertise that they haul things away in there. There is also a site online that people post things they don't want so people can pick them up. (that would take too much time unless someone took it all)
Anyhow, I guess a load to GW at a time will get it gone too. :)

Have to run...I will leave right from MH to go to the airport.
QtnSasyCarrie Offline
#2159 Posted : Tuesday, April 09, 2013 5:02:46 AM(UTC)
QtnSasyCarrie

Good morning! It is supposed to be near 80* today. Whoo hoo!

Lizzy do you have a Kidney Foundation? They will come pick up stuff as will Volunteers of America and the Salvation Army. Your house is going to be so nice you aren't going to want to sell it.

Nancy sorry about your toe. Surgery will be a bit of a pain but if it fixes the problem.... Enjoy your nice day today. Maybe you can take the kids out for some fresh air.

Laurie good to hear the realtor visit went well. Hope things go smoothly.

Paula hope MH goes quickly today.

Rhonda I am sorry about your not being able to spend time with Payton. I am willing to bet the kids don't even realize. A friend of mine has set aside time to be able to see her grown kids. She does a fairly mandatory Sunday dinner once a month. Maybe you could set up a Sunday dinner type thing once a month.

Hey Pat how are things going since you got back?

Well I have been traveling around town getting errands done. I need a new kitchen faucet and the one we have now is white. Well they don't make white any more or black for that matter and polished brass is out. So I am picking an venetion bronze color and then gradually replacing all the polished brass in this house. It is a lot of polished brass. Yikes.

Not much else going on. More things to do today since I leave for NYC on Thursday. Crying
rm920 Offline
#2160 Posted : Tuesday, April 09, 2013 5:10:02 AM(UTC)
rm920

Good morning all...

Laurie, glad the home inspection went well. Now you can make a good plan with the right goals in mind. You will really like the wood floors.

Lizzy, your house sounds like Grand Central Station! How exciting to be getting it all done. Sorry to hear Ruby is a bit under the weather. Hope they can get what ever it is taken care of.

Nancy, glad to hear from you. Enjoy the nice weather. Sounds like we may get another cold blast before long!

The kids came over last night and we watched the game together. Got to spend some great time with Payton. She is really growing like a weed. We didn't really have a favorite team last night so we could spend time visiting and enjoying Payton.

Guess I'd better stop and finish getting ready for work. Sounds like we may get some nasty weather tonight. Really want the the rain but would rather not have the high winds and hail.