Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Josie0602 Offline
#31 Posted : Monday, April 04, 2011 4:21:31 AM(UTC)
Josie0602

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
United States

Was thanked: 1080 time(s) in 835 post(s)
Originally Posted by: greengirl Go to Quoted Post

It is also a rec room type area for the whole family and the only place in the house that I let my DH have his hunting "trophies" out. So yes, there is a deer in my space but I'm okay with it, as wierd as that is.

You arent alone girl! I just moved into my husband's hunting room and his buck is in here too!

Erika Frey Offline
#32 Posted : Friday, April 15, 2011 3:31:41 PM(UTC)
Erika Frey

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 266 time(s) in 153 post(s)
Originally Posted by: live2clickpics Go to Quoted Post
You know... those antlers would make a really cool ribbon storage. Just sayin' Wink

Exactly what I was thinking too. Funny thing is I have birds, deer and fish hanging above my head. I guess I never thought to decorate them. Heading off to the basement to freshin' up.
cbeach2e893658 Offline
#33 Posted : Wednesday, May 09, 2012 10:56:00 PM(UTC)
cbeach2e893658

I have decided to move my crafting stuff to the basement. Mostly scrapbook and sewing. Our basement is huge, dry and cool in the summer. anyone have picture of your unfinished basement made into a nice space for mom's craft/scrap space? BigGrin thanks
maxinenevakshonoff Offline
#34 Posted : Wednesday, May 30, 2012 5:38:55 PM(UTC)
maxinenevakshonoff

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 6 post(s)
My scrapbook/ sewing space is in the unfinished basement.......and it NEVER looks like the pictures on this chat room....how in the world do you work in a space so organized? I turn my whole space upside down just making a card.
greengirl (Michele) Offline
#35 Posted : Thursday, May 31, 2012 6:25:57 AM(UTC)
greengirl (Michele)

United States

Was thanked: 2381 time(s) in 889 post(s)
Originally Posted by: maxinenevakshonoff Go to Quoted Post
My scrapbook/ sewing space is in the unfinished basement.......and it NEVER looks like the pictures on this chat room....how in the world do you work in a space so organized? I turn my whole space upside down just making a card.

The trick is to only take pictures when it's clean BigGrin BigGrin My space has evolved since the picture posted here and right now it is in a definite state of disaster since I am in the middle of two big projects.
blondolphn Offline
#36 Posted : Thursday, May 31, 2012 6:34:42 AM(UTC)
blondolphn

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 5109 time(s) in 927 post(s)
This may be silly for those with with the unfinished basements, but do you guys have dehumidifiers down there? The reason I ask, is that paper can act funny around moisture. So even if it is "dry" but there is excessive moisture, it has been known to cause a lot of jams in printers. Not sure if it would effect the Cricut cutting, but thought I would mention it if anyone was to start having problems.
maxinenevakshonoff Offline
#37 Posted : Sunday, June 03, 2012 8:48:04 AM(UTC)
maxinenevakshonoff

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 6 post(s)

"The trick is to only take pictures when it's clean My space has evolved since the picture posted here and right now it is in a definite state of disaster since I am in the middle of two big projects."

I do clean it up, a bit.....it would take me ages to get it to the point of a picture I could post.
Sandy Offline
#38 Posted : Tuesday, June 05, 2012 6:01:58 AM(UTC)
Sandy

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
United States

Was thanked: 5465 time(s) in 2354 post(s)
This brings up sooo many happy memories! When I lived in Toledo, OH and Williamsville, NY, we had basements. I painted the walls with a base layers of paint for cinderblock and then painted the color I wanted. In OH I had white paint on one half of the basement where I had my washer, dryer and sewing machine and the other half of the basement I painted gold for an office as I was working on my Bachelors Degree and needed the typewriter, etc. set up. I bought many cinderblocks, painted them also, and then bought shelving to put on top of them, stacked them up as high as I wanted to go. Took them with me when we moved to NY and painted the cinderblock walls yellow with a scalloped border across the top of the wall. This time I also painted the wooden ceiling and wires and pipes strung across it slso. I painted each board a different color going across the ceiling...one was white, then the next blue. then the next red, until I got to the other side of the room. The scallop across the top of the wall I outlined in black and then stripped it using red, white and blue like the ceiling. In other words, it was done like a circus tent. The medtal round studs going across the room I pained red and swirled wide white tape down them looking like circus tent poles. Then I put the cinderblocks and shelving (I painted each shelf a different color using the red, white and blue)and put the kids toys on them. I got red shag carpeting and had it installed and also had each step of the stairs carpeted (they were the kind that didn't have a back to them so they wrapped the carpeting around each step). So....the biggest cost was the carpeting, Then the paint. No ceiling tiles. I live in TX now and there are no basements Crying
 1 user thanked Sandy for this useful post.
live2clickpics on 6/29/2012(UTC)
DianaMcCartney Offline
#39 Posted : Monday, September 03, 2012 7:18:41 AM(UTC)
DianaMcCartney

We bought our house 6 years ago and I claimed the "finished" room in the basement. On the other side of my door is a total different area (exposed ceiling joist and cement walls and floors). I love my room but hate not having a window for sun.

Hopefully I can get pictues attached (first time on message board).

Well I couldn't figure that out. You can find my craftroom here.
blondolphn Offline
#40 Posted : Tuesday, January 29, 2013 6:46:09 PM(UTC)
blondolphn

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 5109 time(s) in 927 post(s)
Well, it looks like I may be joining the club for the unfinished basement club as I'm tired of packing up my craft stuff when I have guests come over. I have a temporary table set up in the guest bedroom, but tends to take up space when guests stay over night (My sis brings a lot of suitcases). Our basement is "dry" thanks to our dehumidifier, but tonight when I was downstairs doing a preliminary sweeping/cleaning to claim my space, I noticed some of the cardboard for the games my DH threw down there felt kind of clammy/wet like they had absorbed too much moisture. But they had been thrown around quite a bit before someone gave them to us. Has anyone had problems with their paper and the moisture? I don't want to lug everything down there to find out it won't work.
JenRomaker Offline
#41 Posted : Wednesday, March 27, 2013 12:02:18 PM(UTC)
JenRomaker

Was thanked: 106 time(s) in 42 post(s)
I'm kinda late to this discussion, but wanted to comment on the dehumidifier question. I don't know how your basement is set up, but mine is half unfinished (as you walk into basement) and then splinters off into rooms. I am in one of the rooms that is partially finished (walls done, but not the floor). I painted the floors and put down some big area rugs. It was a little moist when I decided to first move down so I bought a dehumidifier because I was also worried about my paper. I used it religiously for a few weeks to get things under control. That was almost a year ago and now I only need to run it maybe once every 2 weeks, if that. I'll turn it on for about 2 hours (it has 2 or 4 hours or continuous) sometimes while I'm working down there, but it's kinda noisy so I usually turn it on the timer when I'm not around. It cost me about $150, but it is so worth it. I can usually tell the minute I walk into my room if I need to turn it on for a while. Another thing that helped is I put up curtains in the doorway since there was no door. The curtains help keep any moisture and cold from the unfinished section from creeping into my area. Hope this helped. I think it is absolutely worth trying - I love being down there and even made sure to add my Direct TV in thereThumpUp LOL. I still do spider patrol when I walk in, but they have even kept away except for the occasional straggler (that is quickly dealt withSneaky ).

Jennifer