Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages123>
Gisele Offline
#1 Posted : Tuesday, March 19, 2013 6:35:43 PM(UTC)
Gisele

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 549 time(s) in 339 post(s)
Welcome everyone to our weekly Challenge! The sketches are provided for inspiration. The main thing is to join in and share your wonderful creations!

This is my first time at making my own sketches and I used "Paint" to create them. Nothing fancy but it will be interesting to see how everyone adds their own personal touch.

Sketch #1

Sketch #2

Sketch #3

Extra Credit - With Spring officially here, add one Spring item to one of your cards whether that's using pastel colours, spring flowers, birds, etc.

Dee was trying to send me the ad colours to post but I mistyped my address so we will post the colours soon!

Edited by user Tuesday, March 19, 2013 6:36:37 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user thanked Gisele for this useful post.
♥ Raquel ♥ on 3/21/2013(UTC)
Gisele Offline
#2 Posted : Tuesday, March 19, 2013 6:42:41 PM(UTC)
Gisele

Here's my card for Sketch #1 - I used Graphic 45 papers. The black frames were cut using Holiday Frames and Tags. I'm also showing the inside which has lots of Cricut cuts: Holiday Frames and Tags for the banner, Straight from the Nest for the triangle frame, Wrap It Up for the golf bag and Paper Dolls for the golf ball.

*NanaDonna* Offline
#3 Posted : Tuesday, March 19, 2013 7:58:59 PM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Was thanked: 2545 time(s) in 1320 post(s)
Thanks for hosting Gisele, love your sketches and I can see a lot of different looks coming from especially #1.
 1 user thanked *NanaDonna* for this useful post.
Gisele on 3/20/2013(UTC)
Dragonfly50 Offline
#4 Posted : Wednesday, March 20, 2013 3:22:42 AM(UTC)
Dragonfly50

United States

Was thanked: 1219 time(s) in 728 post(s)
BigGrinBigGrin BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL Love Love

When I read your other post about needing to use paint to do the sketches for this time my mind went to actual paint.

I thought how creative that would be for you to get out your paints and paint them for us. lol

Guess I've been a teacher too long when my mind jumps to tempura or watercolor paint.

Thanks for the great sketches.
I will have to make time to create this week.

Now that my Southwest project is complete and posted I should have a little more time.

I think it seriously took me longer to enter all of the info, instruction, etc to the Project Center than to make the project itself. I had a few PCenter issues that I had to figure out fixes for and that took me a lot of extra time. But it is done and on there if anyone wants to check it out.

Love your sketches and card!

See you soon!
D-

Edited by user Wednesday, March 20, 2013 3:36:45 AM(UTC)  | Reason: : )

1 user thanked Dragonfly50 for this useful post.
Gisele on 3/20/2013(UTC)
DeeScraps Offline
#5 Posted : Wednesday, March 20, 2013 6:26:52 AM(UTC)
DeeScraps

Was thanked: 706 time(s) in 538 post(s)
Good morning everyone.

Gisele....thanks for the great sketches. You did a good job on them. Your first card is fabulous. I love the Graphic 45 paper.

Here are the Challenge Colors for this week. As always, it's not necessary to use them, but it can be fun to add this extra step to the challenge. Whatever you do....have fun.

Our weather here is in the 80s and our flowers are blooming. Maybe we've skipped Spring and gone right into Summer!

Dee

[img=http://][/img]
 1 user thanked DeeScraps for this useful post.
Gisele on 3/20/2013(UTC)
TurtleBug Online
#6 Posted : Wednesday, March 20, 2013 10:14:14 AM(UTC)
TurtleBug

Was thanked: 905 time(s) in 576 post(s)
Gisele
Thanks for Hosting this week. Good for you, making your own sketches for the first time, as soon as you get more acclimated making them you will get fancy on us!! Thanks for making them nice and simple.

Your #1 sample is very nice and manly. I love the way you always mix pattern papers that I would never think of mixing, but the outcome is always beautiful. Great the way you finished the inside, sort of two cards in one, very nice.

Dee,
Thanks for the Ad Color Challenge. The colors are a nice mixture of soft and bold, just like pretty Spring/Summer flowers. I am so anxious to start working with my plants and flowers, but we are already dealing with 82-85 degree weather and it's ONLY March! Which means by June/July we will be in the 110+ degree temps. Oh well, more time for me to just stay inside my air-conditioned house and make more cards!!
 1 user thanked TurtleBug for this useful post.
Gisele on 3/20/2013(UTC)
BingoLady Offline
#7 Posted : Wednesday, March 20, 2013 10:33:27 AM(UTC)
BingoLady

Was thanked: 914 time(s) in 614 post(s)
Gisele, thankyou for the wonderful sketches.

Dee, wow ,thankyou for the wonderful colors.
 1 user thanked BingoLady for this useful post.
Gisele on 3/20/2013(UTC)
AcrossThePond Offline
#8 Posted : Wednesday, March 20, 2013 11:04:51 AM(UTC)
AcrossThePond

Was thanked: 716 time(s) in 456 post(s)
Gisele - Thanks for hosting this week. Lovely sketches for us to follow.

Dee - Thanks for the ad colours too.

Sue

I was so late finishing my card for my #2 sketch, I have just posted it over on last weeks thread. I have noticed a few other lovely cards have been added too. I will come back and post comments tomorrow now as its time for work for me.
 1 user thanked AcrossThePond for this useful post.
Gisele on 3/20/2013(UTC)
SandyPalmer Offline
#9 Posted : Wednesday, March 20, 2013 2:52:52 PM(UTC)
SandyPalmer

Was thanked: 916 time(s) in 520 post(s)
Gisele, great set of sketches from you! Thanks for hosting! Wow, your sketch 1 card is fantastic! Love all the Graphic 45 papers! Wonderful inside as well!

Dee, thanks for the ad colors!

Here is my spring extra credit card, and sketch 3!

SandyPalmer attached the following image(s):
00201.jpg
Gisele Offline
#10 Posted : Wednesday, March 20, 2013 5:01:55 PM(UTC)
Gisele

Dragonfly – Too funny about designing the sketches with real paint! Can you share your Southwest project here with us?

Dee – thanks for the wonderful ad colours..send the warm weather my way please!

Turtlebug – Graphic 45 papers make it easy to mix and match patterned paper!

Sue – beautiful wedding card! You sure played a lot with DS to get those flourishes and patterns just right! Sorry to hear about the problems that you are having with Photobucket!

Sandy – you were quick today with a nice Spring card for Sketch #3! Did you actually make a ledge for your flowers and eggs?

Hope to see more great cards in the coming days!

Edited by user Wednesday, March 20, 2013 5:20:10 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user thanked Gisele for this useful post.
TurtleBug on 3/21/2013(UTC)
Gisele Offline
#11 Posted : Wednesday, March 20, 2013 5:19:23 PM(UTC)
Gisele

Here is my card for Sketch #1 for Sue's challenge last week. I had a lot of fun making it and it certainly tested my skills. It will be for my friend's sister - the saying "Printemps" meaning Spring is a play on words in that she is turning 50 and just in the Spring of her life.

For the flourishes, here are the carts that I used:
Bottom - green and beige vine - 3 Birds on parade
Beige flourish - Cindy Loo
Greenery around flowers - MS Seasonal Cake art
String of pearls

I taught myself to crochet last summer (so many easy tutorials on Youtube) with the intent of only making flowers for my cards. I layered it with a store bought fabric flower (bargain bin and not too pretty on its own). The brad in the centre of the flower is from Teresa Collins collection.

BingoLady Offline
#12 Posted : Wednesday, March 20, 2013 6:45:15 PM(UTC)
BingoLady

here is my # 1 sketch and ad colors I used Celebrations cart for the presents.
Im sad cause the little blings on the bottom don't show up in there real colors.
They are red, yellow and white.
BingoLady attached the following image(s):
# 1 sketch and ad colors.jpg
Dragonfly50 Offline
#13 Posted : Wednesday, March 20, 2013 7:39:29 PM(UTC)
Dragonfly50

United States

Originally Posted by: Gisele Go to Quoted Post
Dragonfly – Too funny about designing the sketches with real paint! Can you share your Southwest project here with us?

Here are the pictures of my project.
D-

Dragonfly50 attached the following image(s):
001 set  (MAIN).JPG
011 wolf-totem.JPG
012 totem-dr catch.JPG
013 dr catch-last.JPG
014 dream catcher.JPG
017 full card.JPG
BingoLady Offline
#14 Posted : Wednesday, March 20, 2013 9:05:04 PM(UTC)
BingoLady

I want to share with you ladies the card that Turtlebug made for my Hubby for his
Birthday, it is his wonderful dog he had for 14 years. He is a chow. He was put to sleep
last week, he was very sick. We miss him alot.The little one belongs to Turtlebug's GS.
BingoLady attached the following image(s):
goodby.jpg
 1 user thanked BingoLady for this useful post.
TurtleBug on 3/21/2013(UTC)
TurtleBug Online
#15 Posted : Wednesday, March 20, 2013 10:33:26 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

My #1 Sketch Card

I wanted to make a card for a teenage boy, since I don't have many in that catagory. This card is made completly from my scrap drawers. I just added some Brads and black ribbon to the blue border for a splash of color.
Embossing "A" - Darice "Wood Grain" folder which I used on the bottom glossy black cardstock. Again, it cracked on me (forgot to wet it first), but this time I really liked the effect.
Sentiment - Hand-written (can you tell?OhMyGod) with a white gel pen.
Embossing "B" - The white and gray squares are Cuttlebug "Tree Branches" and "Houndstooth" folders. The yellow is not part of the card.
TFL!!Smile

Edited by user Wednesday, March 20, 2013 10:42:18 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Gisele Offline
#16 Posted : Thursday, March 21, 2013 4:48:34 AM(UTC)
Gisele

BingoLady – Love, love your sketch#1 card in the ad colours! Nice touch with the ric rac and too bad that the bling doesn’t show up! Sorry for the loss of your dog!

Dragonfly – wow TFS! What a great project! So many details and lots of work! How many pages in your mini album? Great card too! I can see why you were so busy!

Turtlebug – what a nice card for BingoLady’s DH! Great card for a teenager with the zebra pattern! I like the clean and simple look!

Hope to see some more great cards when I get back from work! Have a great day everyone!
 2 users thanked Gisele for this useful post.
Dragonfly50 on 3/21/2013(UTC), TurtleBug on 3/21/2013(UTC)
SandyPalmer Offline
#17 Posted : Thursday, March 21, 2013 5:24:55 AM(UTC)
SandyPalmer

Gisele, you are so good at the vintage cards! Your sketch 1 card from last week is just beautiful! Those flowers are gorgeous! Love the added pearls, brad, and gems! it gave it the perfect touch!

BingoLady, love the birthday presents on your birthday card! The ric rac on them gave it a nice touch! Aww, that was a very nice card that Josie made for your DH!

Dragonfly, nice work on your Southwest Projects!

TurtleBug, very nice guy card! I like all the embossing to it!

3 users thanked SandyPalmer for this useful post.
Dragonfly50 on 3/21/2013(UTC), TurtleBug on 3/21/2013(UTC), Gisele on 3/23/2013(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥ Offline
#18 Posted : Thursday, March 21, 2013 5:49:42 AM(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥

Was thanked: 804 time(s) in 567 post(s)
Hello everyone! Just peeking in to update our challenge link

Beautiful cards from last week and this week so far! Loving all the posts

Today is our final day to pack things up since the moving van comes tomorrow to pick up the rest of our things. I've been over at the new house daily though... mostly to wait for furniture delivery. Everything is going smoothly so far... just really tiring

*HUGS* to everyone!

Remember... if you haven't hosted and would like a shot at it, please PM me. I may not have much time to log on but I will check for PMs

Thanks!
 1 user thanked ♥ Raquel ♥ for this useful post.
sweetpea1030 on 3/25/2013(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥ Offline
#19 Posted : Thursday, March 21, 2013 5:50:47 AM(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥

Was thanked: 804 time(s) in 567 post(s)
Ooops...

Gisele:
thanks for hosting and really glad you tried making your own sketches... so fun to do! Great job on these

DeeScraps: thanks for posting the Ad colors!
 1 user thanked ♥ Raquel ♥ for this useful post.
Gisele on 3/23/2013(UTC)
Nancy J. Offline
#20 Posted : Thursday, March 21, 2013 6:54:03 AM(UTC)
Nancy J.

Was thanked: 113 time(s) in 71 post(s)
Hi Everyone, I would love to have some of Dee's weather this morning but like her I don't want a hot summer... it is only 10 here in Ohio this morning... should be getting into the 40's and 50's by now... I sure it will be warmer soon.

Gisele - Thanks for hosting and for the great sketches this week! Love that you made your own sketches. Great sketch 1 card... like the crochet flower and the way you layered the flowers, leaves, pearls, and the flourishes.

Dee, Thanks for the great looking ad colors this week!

Dragonfly, very nice southwest project... you have been busy.

Bingolady, cute birthday card for sketch 1... like the embossing and the rick rack. Wow what a great card Turtlebug made for you DH.

Turtlebug - great card for a teen guy and using scraps is always great. Handwritten is good... love your handwriting it reminds me of my Mom's.

Well I am off to play in my craft room... I purchased some new spellbinder's dies and spellbinder's embossing folders from JoAnn's for 40% off and some embossing folders from another craft store for a $1.00 so I want to try some of them.

Edited by user Thursday, March 21, 2013 6:56:14 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

3 users thanked Nancy J. for this useful post.
Dragonfly50 on 3/21/2013(UTC), TurtleBug on 3/21/2013(UTC), Gisele on 3/23/2013(UTC)
Nancy J. Offline
#21 Posted : Thursday, March 21, 2013 11:04:48 AM(UTC)
Nancy J.

Was thanked: 113 time(s) in 71 post(s)
For the Happy Birthday card... I used scraps!!!
For the Thinking of you card... Ad Colors and extra credit Spring card and used Accent Essentials cartridge.

sorry no cricut on HB card... just my new spellbinder dies but I am sure there are some great cricut cuts that would work out great in place of the spellbinder's dies. I did use my cuttlebug hope that counts!!!

Edited by user Thursday, March 21, 2013 12:19:15 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Nancy J. attached the following image(s):
Untitled-4.jpg
IMG_0173.jpg
BingoLady Offline
#22 Posted : Thursday, March 21, 2013 12:56:12 PM(UTC)
BingoLady

Sandy ,very nice Easter card, like the little Easter eggs with the grass.

Gisele,# 1 is so nice like the paper. And the card for your friends sister
is so pretty, I like the crocheted flower.

Dragonf, wow, great job on your project, love the dream catcher.

Turtlebug, very nice , like the way you used the Zebra paper.And I like the colors.
those colors are allway nice together.

Nancy, they came out so awesome, black and white allways look so pretty.
I will give an A for your wonderful work.

I will give all of you ladies an A for your awesome cards.Cool Love
 3 users thanked BingoLady for this useful post.
TurtleBug on 3/21/2013(UTC), Dragonfly50 on 3/21/2013(UTC), Gisele on 3/23/2013(UTC)
TurtleBug Online
#23 Posted : Thursday, March 21, 2013 1:55:47 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

AcrossThePond
Last Week #2 - Very pretty! Like the paper for the panels. Is that a lattice-type cut (which Cart?) layered over the large frame, like the way it looks? Nice swirls and sentiment. BingoLady had the same thing happen to her, but not with Photobucket. What she got was really XXX rated stuff. I use PB and have never had any problems with it. Nice of you to call them "LADIES" LOL LOL

Sandy
Ex. Credit - LOVE the border cut and Easter theme, very refreshing look... just like Springtime when nature gets renewed. Seems like we are all in a Ready-for- Spring mode!

Gisele
I am so in love with your card-making style!! You always pick such awesome paper combos and add so much detail and this one is no exception. Love everything about it and your DS's friend will love it, also!
Was it your sister or AcrossThePond's that was making cards here with us for a while? Always wondered what happened to her?

BingoLady
#1 & Ad Colors - Like the cute presents with the twine bows and rick-rack detail, very nice. Too bad the colorful bling didn't show up. Maybe if you took a picture instead of scanning the card it would show the colors better.
Happy you guys liked the little rememberence I made of Duncan for my DBIL, I know how attached he was to him and how much he misses him now.Love

Dragonfly
WOW!! No wonder you were mostly MIA last week. That is a lot of work. Great job on the pretty DreamCatcher, like the colorful feathers and the southewest-theme mini-album is very nice, too!

NancyJ.
Loving all your new Spellbinders! Especially the round one with the hearts...you have officially enabled me!!
Black/White Card - Like the two-tone theme, and I would give theis card to a male. The corner cuts give it a masculine feel to it and the flowers are not overly floral. Great card!
#2 - This card shouts "SPRINGTIME!!" so colorful and bright, and you already know I LOVE this Spellbinder. The sentiment looks so crisp and clean. Fun card!

Edited by user Thursday, March 21, 2013 1:59:58 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users thanked TurtleBug for this useful post.
Dragonfly50 on 3/21/2013(UTC), Gisele on 3/23/2013(UTC)
*NanaDonna* Offline
#24 Posted : Thursday, March 21, 2013 2:03:26 PM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Yeah I got one done already and it is only Thursday LOL. I would have had it done yesterday
if I didn't have to fight with my Imagine. This was the first time in a long time I used my Imagine all the papers and the owls were printed/cut from the Better Together Imagine cartridge.
I made this for my BIL birthday that was yesterday and will give it to him when we get together.
SHHHHHH - Bingolady don't show him Sneaky Wink Unsure

And then I had to finish the inside I think it came out cute
*NanaDonna* Offline
#25 Posted : Thursday, March 21, 2013 5:47:50 PM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

OK, now don't everyone faintLaugh

I got another card done, well actually most of it I did yesterday as I was waiting on and fighting with my Imagine,. I picked out all the papers and cut them yesterday.
The papers are all from the CTMH Dotty For You pack. The butterfly I had
laying around here on my desk so I am not sure which cartridge it was cut from.

Dragonfly50 Offline
#26 Posted : Thursday, March 21, 2013 9:31:01 PM(UTC)
Dragonfly50

United States

Here is my challenge card.
It fits the extra credit and most of the ad colors...
It loosly fits the card sketch #3.

Enjoy
D-

Dragonfly50 attached the following image(s):
blog post 03-21-13 bunny cloud frame.JPG
Dragonfly50 Offline
#27 Posted : Thursday, March 21, 2013 9:48:21 PM(UTC)
Dragonfly50

United States

Sandy- Love your daffodil card. Dafs always remind remind me of my momma. Your card made me smile.

Gisele- Your card is very elegant. Anyone would be lucky to get it.

BingoLady Cute birthday card. Very festive.

Turtlebug- Your dog card is touching. Great teen card.

Nancy- Both of your cards are very pretty.

NanaDonna- Your owl card is adorable. Love your butterfly card.

Raquel- Good to see you! Hope the move stuff is going smoothly?

Hope I got everyone.
Later.
D-
 2 users thanked Dragonfly50 for this useful post.
TurtleBug on 3/21/2013(UTC), Gisele on 3/23/2013(UTC)
TurtleBug Online
#28 Posted : Thursday, March 21, 2013 10:56:38 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

This card was pretty simple and fun to make. When a "certain someone" finishes his Karate classes, I will be giving it to him!

My #3 Sketch Card:
Sentiment & Karate Kid - Sports Mania Cartridge
Gray BG Cardstock - "Me & My Big Ideas" Sports stack
Banner and Sentiment - Computer-generated
Added silver Brads, and 3-D tape to the Karate Kid to pop him out

Edited by user Saturday, March 23, 2013 1:50:27 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

SandyPalmer Offline
#29 Posted : Friday, March 22, 2013 5:28:14 AM(UTC)
SandyPalmer

NancyJ, black and white is always so classy together! Love those corners, and the center cuts! Great use of the ad colors on your second card! Very pretty card!

Donna, oh, I love the look of your owl birthday card! Great color choices and paper on it! Oh, quite a nice look on the butterfly card as well!

Dragonfly, really cute Easter card! I love all those clouds! Nice look on the kite too!

TurtleBug, great Karate card! Love the colors you chose for it! Looks nice!

I am so mad at myself right now! I made two Easter cards using sketch 1 and low and behold, I was in such a hurry to send them out that I forgot to take a picture of either one of them! Sad

Edited by user Friday, March 22, 2013 5:29:57 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user thanked SandyPalmer for this useful post.
Dragonfly50 on 3/23/2013(UTC)
AcrossThePond Offline
#30 Posted : Friday, March 22, 2013 8:26:10 AM(UTC)
AcrossThePond

Was thanked: 716 time(s) in 456 post(s)
Comments from last week,
Dee - Beautiful card for #1, love the soft colours.

Dragonfly - Great Thor card, he is quite hunky lol.

Sandy - Lovely card for #2. It looks like you are looking in a mirror at the wall behind you, very clever. Love the floursih

This week so far

Gisele - Wonderful guy card for #1, like the papers.
OMG OhMyGod what can I say about your card for last weeks #1, Beautiful isn't enough, just wonderful.

Sandy - Lovely spring card. The daff's are just poking up over here but will get knocked down tomorrow when the snow gets here againScared .

Bingolady - Fun birthday card for #1, like your warm colours. What a lovely special card from Turtlebug for your hubby. Hope he is doing ok.

Dragonfly - You have been busy with that cartridge - love it all TFS. Such a cute Easter card too.

Turtlebug - Thats a cool card for a guy. Wonderful card for your GS.

Raquel - Hope everything is going well for you.

Nancy - Fancy teasing us with your coupon purchasesBigGrin over here a normal SB die would be £20 and a grande nearer £40, hope you had fun with them. Looks like you did. I love both your cards, the second is very pretty.

NanaDonna - Love your card for Turtlebugs hubby, too cute. Super pretty card for #1.

Right I'd better get on with it now myself.

Sue
 2 users thanked AcrossThePond for this useful post.
Gisele on 3/23/2013(UTC), Dragonfly50 on 3/23/2013(UTC)