Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

chdaley40e99b9f0 Offline
#1 Posted : Thursday, April 19, 2012 8:07:08 PM(UTC)
chdaley40e99b9f0

Groups: Registered
United States

Just got my new Cricut last week, have NEVER done anything like this before so I'm very thankful for all the tutorials online and all the blogs people have out there. That being said, I'm having a REALLY hard time getting my box sizes to match up in the Sweet Tooth Cartridge and my Expression 2. I watched a tutorial and the gal had hers at size 6. So I did the same. My bottom came out much bigger than my top. This also happened when I did the cupcake holder. What am I doing wrong? I can't find ANYTHING about size mishaps online. It's SO frustrating because I want to be able to do this. Plus the fact that I need 14 for a Mothers Day Tea for my classroom. When I set the cupcake boxes at 6.0, the cherries came out ENORMOUS. Then the pie box I set at 6, all seemed to be well until I got it put together. The bottom and top were two different sizes even though I changed the size on them box and re-checked before I cut. Help! :(
scrapalette Offline
#2 Posted : Thursday, April 19, 2012 8:21:53 PM(UTC)
scrapalette

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 18454 time(s) in 8203 post(s)
It sounds like you have your E2 set for Real Size {which means every image will be cut at the actual size you set} instead of Relative Size {which means the images are cut in proportion to each other}.
chdaley40e99b9f0 Offline
#3 Posted : Friday, April 20, 2012 6:48:19 AM(UTC)
chdaley40e99b9f0

United States

I think I may have finally gotten one to work and I think you're right about that. Is 'relative' size the one with the uppercase A and lowercase A? Also, it looks as though I can't print them all on the same sheet. I thought 12x12 would be a good sizes to print more than one but it seems like when I print more than one it won't come out. All work in progress I spose.
Thank you so much for your reply! I'm sure I'll have many more questions before I get this down pat :)
jan2221b1b6c9ee Offline
#4 Posted : Saturday, April 21, 2012 8:07:18 PM(UTC)
jan2221b1b6c9ee

I am very new to sizing in Cricut. I am trying to make the cupcake holder (the one that looks like a slice of cake). It says to use 11". Where do you set the size? Sorry if this sounds like a question that is obvious, but I usually just size shapes on my gypsy and I haven't really cut anything that needs components to fit together like the Sweet Tooth Boxes do.

Thanks!
Janice
chdaley40e99b9f0 Offline
#5 Posted : Saturday, April 21, 2012 8:37:11 PM(UTC)
chdaley40e99b9f0

United States

[quote=jan2221b1b6c9ee;1392596]I am very new to sizing in Cricut. I am trying to make the cupcake holder (the one that looks like a slice of cake). It says to use 11". Where do you set the size?

Are you using the EX. 2?
jan2221b1b6c9ee Offline
#6 Posted : Sunday, April 22, 2012 2:39:51 PM(UTC)
jan2221b1b6c9ee

Yes, I have the expression 2.
chdaley40e99b9f0 Offline
#7 Posted : Sunday, April 22, 2012 7:43:48 PM(UTC)
chdaley40e99b9f0

United States

Originally Posted by: jan2221b1b6c9ee Go to Quoted Post
Yes, I have the expression 2.

I may not be using the right lingo, since I'm so new but this is how I size and I did the Pie boxes/cupcake holders. You get the image on the image line at the top, once there, put your stylus on the image. A box will appear with the image in the box. In the box at each top corner there's a pencil/crayin in one and a minus side on the other, hit the pencil/crayon icon, this will take you to editing. When you get there, you'll see 4 editing circles, hit the first one (which is a square with an arrow)it'll take you to the sizing and you'll set your size there by touching the + or -. Once there also, make sure it's set to 'relative' size as I was told in an earlier post. It'll look like this 'Aa' make sure it's highlighted. I was ready to return this Cricut a day after getting it, I think the directions aren't clear enough for a true beginner. And the instructions in the Cartridges, OY, they're awful! Thank God for video blogs! Google in 'sizing' and 'Cricut Expression 2' if you still have questions. That's how I got my info. N ot from the instructions.
Good Luck!! :)

Carolyn
jan2221b1b6c9ee Offline
#8 Posted : Sunday, April 22, 2012 7:51:07 PM(UTC)
jan2221b1b6c9ee

Carolyn,
Thanks, I will try that tomorrow. I have never purchased anything that has had such a lack of instructions. Usually I just wing it and do well, but since these boxes connect, I couldn't do that.

Janice
m.anjos.pa052e453 Offline
#9 Posted : Tuesday, March 19, 2013 4:29:49 AM(UTC)
m.anjos.pa052e453

Hello everyone

I'm also having problems with the sweet tooth box cartridge and my exp 2

the real deal size don't appear on the key pad. :( someone can tell me the real deal size of the box for I try to cut them out? I'm driving crazy with this and very disappointed. :(

Please help me. thanks a lot

Maria