Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

LauraEbeth Offline
#1 Posted : Tuesday, March 12, 2013 10:44:54 PM(UTC)
LauraEbeth

Rank: Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 8/7/2012(UTC)
Posts: 25
United States

Thanks: 7 times
Was thanked: 15 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Has anyone had issues with CCR freezing or dragging images around the mat? I was using the web-based version earlier today and now I'm using it on my laptop and it's just not responding. . . I try to click on the words I've typed out, but it won't let me, and it won't let me click on anything else on the screen. . .Mad
maria2193 Offline
#2 Posted : Wednesday, March 13, 2013 3:30:17 AM(UTC)
maria2193

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 8/16/2010(UTC)
Posts: 525
Location: PA MQ: page# 15, post# 433

Thanks: 130 times
Was thanked: 114 time(s) in 110 post(s)
Hi LauraEbeth,

I usually use DS and love it, but I've just started using CCR because I had to purchase a digital cartridge and for the contest. I have had many issues... super frustrating. It doesn't always let me move things around and freezes. The worst is when it cuts out, the cuts sometimes are off on the mat, therefore wasting my paper.

Although, I have to say I did use it all day yesterday without an issue, which made it so worth having. So I'm not sure why it does what it does, the only thing I can do is pray it won't happen again!

Good luck,
Smile Maria
CricketCMV Offline
#3 Posted : Wednesday, March 13, 2013 7:08:58 AM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Rank: Advanced Member

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
Joined: 2/21/2009(UTC)
Posts: 14,130
Location: Illinois

Thanks: 16872 times
Was thanked: 7600 time(s) in 4449 post(s)
I very seldom have those issues in CCR and I'm probably on it (all different hours of the daytime and evening and weekends) three to four days a week for two to three hours on those days. It's so hard to understand why some do.

I have:
DSL connection
Windows 7; 64-Bit (MINI) 8GB RAM
Windows XP (Expression) 2GB RAM

I use both computers with equally good luck in both of them with my CRICUTS.

I do wish PC could get a handle on what the issues are for those who have issues and get them resolved.....like a little guide book that would help people with settings in their computers.

Many thinks these are all ProvoCraft's problems....but, I feel like a lot of it has to do with settings in our computers, too. They're all set up differently. Some have this; some have that. Maybe programs interfere with each other. It also has to do with internet connection and the availability in your area. For some reason, I think we have great connectivity in our area, even though we are a small town (13,000).

There was a time I couldn't get my computer to do anything for me (some years back). I came to realize the MOUSE needed batteries. It wasn't working properly...therfore, nothing in my computer was working too good.

Did you know that you CANNOT have DS and CCR up on your computer at the same time? They interfere with each other. Not that most of us would do that, but they do interfere with each other....PC told us that from the beginning.

Char

Edited by user Wednesday, March 13, 2013 7:11:47 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

LauraEbeth Offline
#4 Posted : Wednesday, March 13, 2013 6:11:54 PM(UTC)
LauraEbeth

Rank: Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 8/7/2012(UTC)
Posts: 25
United States

Thanks: 7 times
Was thanked: 15 time(s) in 11 post(s)
My frustration is that it's happening on the web-based and the one on my personal computer, I keep having to shut down and restart my project. I came into the cricut family right as CCR was released I think, So I'm almost handicap when it comes to using an actual cartridge and I have given them all to my mom after I loaded them into CCR. . .If I hadn't spent so much money and my mom hadn't JUST bought me a new machine for christmas, I'd consider making the switch to that other company. . .

Oh, and CriketCMV, I actually went through and closed a lot of unneccessary programs last night trying to make it run faster, but in the end I just had to restart my computer, lose my work and walk away. . ThumbDown

Edited by user Wednesday, March 13, 2013 6:17:18 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

CricketCMV Offline
#5 Posted : Wednesday, March 13, 2013 7:42:38 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Rank: Advanced Member

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
Joined: 2/21/2009(UTC)
Posts: 14,130
Location: Illinois

Thanks: 16872 times
Was thanked: 7600 time(s) in 4449 post(s)
Originally Posted by: LauraEbeth Go to Quoted Post
My frustration is that it's happening on the web-based and the one on my personal computer, I keep having to shut down and restart my project. I came into the cricut family right as CCR was released I think, So I'm almost handicap when it comes to using an actual cartridge and I have given them all to my mom after I loaded them into CCR. . .If I hadn't spent so much money and my mom hadn't JUST bought me a new machine for christmas, I'd consider making the switch to that other company. . .

Oh, and CriketCMV, I actually went through and closed a lot of unneccessary programs last night trying to make it run faster, but in the end I just had to restart my computer, lose my work and walk away. . ThumbDown


Sorry it didn't work for you, LauraEbeth! There are other things that probably could be done to make your computer run faster, but I don't know all of them. Believe me, I have had fights with my computer (especially when I only had my XP and only 512MB RAM.....and then got viruses. All of this just before I upgraded to 2GB RAM on my XP and just before CCR came along). I didn't have any antivirus on my computer for about eight years....when I got the viruses, I went back to NORTON and they gave me some hints to clean out my computer. If you would like to know those things to clean out other stuff you don't need on your computer, let me know. I'll share them.

There are so many variables in all our computers. AGAIN, I'm sorry that what you've done so far hasn't helped you in what you want to do.

Char
LauraEbeth Offline
#6 Posted : Wednesday, March 13, 2013 9:49:41 PM(UTC)
LauraEbeth

Rank: Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 8/7/2012(UTC)
Posts: 25
United States

Thanks: 7 times
Was thanked: 15 time(s) in 11 post(s)
CriketCMV,

I feel like I'm playing devil's advocate, but I promise it's not intentional, I'm on a Newish(black Friday new) Windows 8 PC. with Norton 360. I'm gonna run it now.. . because as I type this, I'm stuck at initialization!

I just wanna make stuffs!
 1 user thanked LauraEbeth for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 3/14/2013(UTC)
Narelle Online
#7 Posted : Thursday, March 14, 2013 2:21:41 AM(UTC)
Narelle

Rank: Advanced Member

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Joined: 9/26/2006(UTC)
Posts: 10,675
Australia
Location: Brisbane, Australia

Thanks: 1973 times
Was thanked: 7601 time(s) in 3545 post(s)
Originally Posted by: LauraEbeth Go to Quoted Post
CriketCMV,

I feel like I'm playing devil's advocate, but I promise it's not intentional, I'm on a Newish(black Friday new) Windows 8 PC. with Norton 360. I'm gonna run it now.. . because as I type this, I'm stuck at initialization!

I just wanna make stuffs!


Are you running CCR in Windows 7 compatibility mode? And as an Administrator? You will need to do both of those things to get past the Initialization screen when using Windows 8.

You may also have to add Cricut-CraftRoom.exe and CCRBridge.exe as exceptions/exclusions to your anti-virus software.
Narelle Online
#8 Posted : Thursday, March 14, 2013 2:23:44 AM(UTC)
Narelle

Rank: Advanced Member

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Joined: 9/26/2006(UTC)
Posts: 10,675
Australia
Location: Brisbane, Australia

Thanks: 1973 times
Was thanked: 7601 time(s) in 3545 post(s)
I meant to add that CCR has been working slowly for me the last couple of days. In fact Cricut.com in general has been running slowly for me.
LauraEbeth Offline
#9 Posted : Thursday, March 14, 2013 8:33:41 AM(UTC)
LauraEbeth

Rank: Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 8/7/2012(UTC)
Posts: 25
United States

Thanks: 7 times
Was thanked: 15 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Narelle Go to Quoted Post
I meant to add that CCR has been working slowly for me the last couple of days. In fact Cricut.com in general has been running slowly for me.


Originally Posted by: Narelle Go to Quoted Post
Are you running CCR in Windows 7 compatibility mode? And as an Administrator? You will need to do both of those things to get past the Initialization screen when using Windows 8.

You may also have to add Cricut-CraftRoom.exe and CCRBridge.exe as exceptions/exclusions to your anti-virus software.http://www.cricut.com/forum/cricut-community_postst151207_CCR-Freezing.aspx


Yup, I've got all of that set up properly, and I've been using CCR with no issues for the most part up until now.

Though, i'm glad to see you say that you feel the site is running slow in general. . .I was looking for validation basically for why it's lagging so much
CricketCMV Offline
#10 Posted : Thursday, March 14, 2013 11:15:48 AM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Rank: Advanced Member

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
Joined: 2/21/2009(UTC)
Posts: 14,130
Location: Illinois

Thanks: 16872 times
Was thanked: 7600 time(s) in 4449 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Narelle Go to Quoted Post
I meant to add that CCR has been working slowly for me the last couple of days. In fact Cricut.com in general has been running slowly for me.


I have had no problems with either; just curious, Narelle. Are you on Windows 8 and running in Windows 7 Compatability? I ask because I haven't had any problems either in CCR or in here the last two days.

I am Windows 7; 64-Bit.

Char
LauraEbeth Offline
#11 Posted : Thursday, March 14, 2013 11:52:32 AM(UTC)
LauraEbeth

Rank: Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 8/7/2012(UTC)
Posts: 25
United States

Thanks: 7 times
Was thanked: 15 time(s) in 11 post(s)
I'm running in compatibility mode
 1 user thanked LauraEbeth for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 3/14/2013(UTC)
CricketCMV Offline
#12 Posted : Thursday, March 14, 2013 7:32:04 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Rank: Advanced Member

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
Joined: 2/21/2009(UTC)
Posts: 14,130
Location: Illinois

Thanks: 16872 times
Was thanked: 7600 time(s) in 4449 post(s)
Originally Posted by: LauraEbeth Go to Quoted Post
I'm running in compatibility mode


When you changed to the COMPATABILITY MODE, did you also go to the bottom of that window to select RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR? That's important to do, too, if it's not checked off.

Char
Users browsing this topic
Guest
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Powered by YAF | YAF © 2003-2014, Yet Another Forum.NET
This page was generated in 0.542 seconds.
nebo-cricut-03