Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

Reesiepancoastea104f86 Offline
#1 Posted : Thursday, February 28, 2013 7:07:17 AM(UTC)
Reesiepancoastea104f86

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I watched a video the other day about making mini albums, and now I'm hooked knowing I can make my own from start to finish! Have so many questions tho so everyone's tips and techniques would be MUCH appreciated. I made accordion style binding for each page out of regular cardstock (it's all I have) and cut pages from tissue box chipboard. What's the best material to use for pages and binding? I don't have book rings is the reason I'm making it in this style. Also when you cover your pages in your paper, won't the chipboard still show thru on the top bottom and sides? Seems too sloppy to me. So any answers I'd be grateful for, just started this yesterday!
Thanks!
Rachael P
GracefulGrammar Offline
#2 Posted : Thursday, February 28, 2013 7:50:00 AM(UTC)
GracefulGrammar

Was thanked: 1621 time(s) in 741 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Reesiepancoastea104f86 Go to Quoted Post
I watched a video the other day about making mini albums, and now I'm hooked knowing I can make my own from start to finish! Have so many questions tho so everyone's tips and techniques would be MUCH appreciated. I made accordion style binding for each page out of regular cardstock (it's all I have) and cut pages from tissue box chipboard. What's the best material to use for pages and binding? I don't have book rings is the reason I'm making it in this style. Also when you cover your pages in your paper, won't the chipboard still show thru on the top bottom and sides? Seems too sloppy to me. So any answers I'd be grateful for, just started this yesterday!
Thanks!
Rachael P

Welcome to the wonderful world of Mini Albums..... I have over 50 completed mini albums on my blog....... and links to tons of tutorials and youtubes..........

http://minialbumcookbook.blogspot.com/

http://minialbumcookbook...llery-1-mini-albums.html ~ Mini Album Gallery

Yes, the chipboard shows....... and so many crafters ink the edges to blend the chipboard with the cardstock........
 4 users thanked GracefulGrammar for this useful post.
Tryna* on 2/28/2013(UTC), CricketCMV on 2/28/2013(UTC), ♥Buggy♥ on 3/10/2013(UTC), deonnahotovec on 3/11/2013(UTC)
#3 Posted : Thursday, February 28, 2013 11:05:09 AM(UTC)
Reesiepancoastea104f86

Ah duh why didn't I think of that?!?! Of course ink the edges! Thanks so much and I'm checking out your blog now!
Tryna* Offline
#4 Posted : Thursday, February 28, 2013 2:14:25 PM(UTC)
Tryna*

Was thanked: 113 time(s) in 72 post(s)
Graceful Grammar....your Mini Albums are wonderful!Wub

I have a crazy question---I am interested in making some Minis...and will eventually get a Cinch (in a few months)....I was wondering if there is any size a page needs to be to work with a Cinch?

I was thinking of making up some pages and then using the Cinch later on.....

Again, thanks for the link....your work is inspiring!

Sincerely,

Tryna
#5 Posted : Thursday, February 28, 2013 2:32:31 PM(UTC)
Reesiepancoastea104f86

Wow your albums are absolutely stunning! That's exactly what I hope mine will be! Where did you purchase your binding rings? Specifically the D shaped ones. And also what is the purpose of the Kraft paper and where to you buy it? Do use chipboard for the actual pages? Sorry so many questions, thanks!
 1 user thanked Reesiepancoastea104f86 for this useful post.
Tryna* on 2/28/2013(UTC)
GypsyBoricua Offline
#6 Posted : Saturday, March 02, 2013 7:55:47 AM(UTC)
GypsyBoricua

Was thanked: 698 time(s) in 363 post(s)
Originally Posted by: GracefulGrammar Go to Quoted Post
Welcome to the wonderful world of Mini Albums..... I have over 50 completed mini albums on my blog....... and links to tons of tutorials and youtubes..........

http://minialbumcookbook.blogspot.com/

http://minialbumcookbook...llery-1-mini-albums.html ~ Mini Album Gallery

Yes, the chipboard shows....... and so many crafters ink the edges to blend the chipboard with the cardstock........

GracefulGrammar,

I want to thank you for this. I have been in a very bad place (mentally and emotionally) and with that had loss my sense of creativity. I looked at your blog and it inspired me to create minibooks for my grandkids.

People don't know what others are going through and sometimes just when you think you are just posting something small, it really is a big thing for others. God does work in mysterious ways, and sometimes you really do have to open your eyes to find your blessings. A very long time ago, you said some very kind words to me. Since then I have always watched your name when I came on the messageboard, I felt it was really important to remember your name and always check to see what your responses were to any posting. That was my blessing, though at the time I didn't know it or why. But now I do!

Thank you again for your wonderful blog and giving me something back I had lost. Inspiration and focus!

Rebecca
 4 users thanked GypsyBoricua for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 3/6/2013(UTC), SkyCandy on 3/6/2013(UTC), ♥Buggy♥ on 3/10/2013(UTC), deonnahotovec on 3/11/2013(UTC)
GracefulGrammar Offline
#7 Posted : Tuesday, March 05, 2013 10:33:21 PM(UTC)
GracefulGrammar

Originally Posted by: Tryna* Go to Quoted Post
Graceful Grammar....your Mini Albums are wonderful!Wub

I have a crazy question---I am interested in making some Minis...and will eventually get a Cinch (in a few months)....I was wondering if there is any size a page needs to be to work with a Cinch?

I was thinking of making up some pages and then using the Cinch later on.....

Again, thanks for the link....your work is inspiring!

Sincerely,

Tryna

Tryna, I use a Cinch and any size will work with the Cinch Binding Machine.......... Thanks so much for the comments. I am so glad that you found my mini albums an inspiration :-)
 1 user thanked GracefulGrammar for this useful post.
Tryna* on 3/5/2013(UTC)
GracefulGrammar Offline
#8 Posted : Tuesday, March 05, 2013 10:40:58 PM(UTC)
GracefulGrammar

Originally Posted by: Reesiepancoastea104f86 Go to Quoted Post
Wow your albums are absolutely stunning! That's exactly what I hope mine will be! Where did you purchase your binding rings? Specifically the D shaped ones. And also what is the purpose of the Kraft paper and where to you buy it? Do use chipboard for the actual pages? Sorry so many questions, thanks!

Thank you :-)

The binding rings I pick up from any office supply......
As far as the D shaped rings, please tell me which album you are referring to, I don't have D rings...... I have used plastic ties on several. I get those at Home Depot.

I often use craft paper as a foundation on the chipboard because it is heavier than most card stocks. I also love the look of craft paper, sometimes labelled kraft paper. Mike's, Joann's, Hobby lobby all carry kraft paper in packages of about 50 sheets.

I do use chipboard for the actual pages.......

Thanks for the interest. I am happy to answer questions........ I would love to see your mini albums :-)

GracefulGrammar Offline
#9 Posted : Tuesday, March 05, 2013 10:47:18 PM(UTC)
GracefulGrammar

Originally Posted by: GypsyBoricua Go to Quoted Post
GracefulGrammar,

I want to thank you for this. I have been in a very bad place (mentally and emotionally) and with that had loss my sense of creativity. I looked at your blog and it inspired me to create minibooks for my grandkids.

People don't know what others are going through and sometimes just when you think you are just posting something small, it really is a big thing for others. God does work in mysterious ways, and sometimes you really do have to open your eyes to find your blessings. A very long time ago, you said some very kind words to me. Since then I have always watched your name when I came on the messageboard, I felt it was really important to remember your name and always check to see what your responses were to any posting. That was my blessing, though at the time I didn't know it or why. But now I do!

Thank you again for your wonderful blog and giving me something back I had lost. Inspiration and focus!

Rebecca

Rebecca, I am humbled by your kind words..... I am so happy that my mini albums and blog have bought you some happiness and smiles. I would love to see what you create......... Thank you for the lovely words you have sent me in your post.

Ladies,
I would love to answer any specific questions you have...... keep them coming, please. I would love to see your creations as they evolve. Please post some pictures here :-)

Thank you for all the kind words.......

Edited by user Tuesday, March 05, 2013 11:13:57 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users thanked GracefulGrammar for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 3/6/2013(UTC), deonnahotovec on 3/11/2013(UTC)
GracefulGrammar Offline
#10 Posted : Tuesday, March 05, 2013 10:53:49 PM(UTC)
GracefulGrammar

Ladies,

I have recently started a new Blog for my handmade greeting cards....... I would love it if you have a chance to take a peek......

I think of each card as a page in a Mini Album. I love making greeting cards because I avoid UFOs when I am making greeting cards; AND, it's a great way to use all the scraps that my Mini Albums leave behind. Sometimes a mini album takes me weeks to finish, a greeting card takes just a few hours and is very fulfilling :-)

http://pieceofcakehandmadecards.blogspot.com/

Please stop by when you get a chance..... I have put together a library of awesome links and tutorials. I also have several card galleries on the blog organized by season.

http://pieceofcakehandmadecards.blogspot.com/
CricketCMV on 3/6/2013(UTC)
CricketCMV Offline
#11 Posted : Wednesday, March 06, 2013 7:53:13 AM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 7597 time(s) in 4447 post(s)
I agree, GG, your mini albums are adorable.

I have a question.....do you ever just use cardstock to make a mini album (maybe just use chipboard on the outer covers and use cardstock on the inside). I realize you couldn't do a lot of heavy stuff on the inside, but I think you could still do a lot. I have thought about this a lot of times.

Thanks for all the inspiration and I always watch for your posts, too!

BUT, would you ever do that?

Char

Edited by user Wednesday, March 06, 2013 7:53:45 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

GracefulGrammar Offline
#12 Posted : Wednesday, March 06, 2013 12:04:06 PM(UTC)
GracefulGrammar

Thank you for the compliment...... No, i never use just cardstock. This is crafting, so anything goes...... go ahead; and, try just cardstock; and, post your results..... I see no reason not to try and see if you are happy with the results. The fun of crafting is the discovery and developing new ideas! Let us know how your experiment goes.

Originally Posted by: CricketCMV Go to Quoted Post
I agree, GG, your mini albums are adorable.

I have a question.....do you ever just use cardstock to make a mini album (maybe just use chipboard on the outer covers and use cardstock on the inside). I realize you couldn't do a lot of heavy stuff on the inside, but I think you could still do a lot. I have thought about this a lot of times.

Thanks for all the inspiration and I always watch for your posts, too!

BUT, would you ever do that?

Char

CricketCMV on 3/10/2013(UTC)
♥Buggy♥ Offline
#13 Posted : Sunday, March 10, 2013 11:49:10 AM(UTC)
♥Buggy♥

Was thanked: 99 time(s) in 75 post(s)
oh WOW!! What an inspirational thread AND blog!!! I am in awe of the work done an inspired to do some more books! Just beautiful!! Thank you so much for sharing!
 1 user thanked ♥Buggy♥ for this useful post.
GracefulGrammar on 3/10/2013(UTC)
Scrappy_Vee Offline
#14 Posted : Sunday, March 10, 2013 12:14:01 PM(UTC)
Scrappy_Vee

New Zealand

Was thanked: 236 time(s) in 158 post(s)
GG, your blog is amazing!! I am now a follower. Love

2 users thanked Scrappy_Vee for this useful post.
♥Buggy♥ on 3/10/2013(UTC), GracefulGrammar on 3/10/2013(UTC)
kissakoala*[º0º]* Offline
#15 Posted : Sunday, March 10, 2013 6:26:47 PM(UTC)
kissakoala*[º0º]*

Groups: Circle Member, Registered

Was thanked: 1700 time(s) in 959 post(s)
I recently cut out pages and a cover from the Mini Albums cartridge, using DCWV cardstock and used two pieces glued together for a page. For a book this size (fits 4 x 6 photos), using cardstock without chipboard will work fine. Then if you add photos with mats, it will give more thickness to your page.

I enjoy making mini books, but haven't made any in awhile (too busy making dance costumes for my DGDs' studio) but now that I'm getting back to papercrafting, I have several books to make. As mentioned above, I have a book cut out for photos of my 5 grandkids, a good size I can bring with me to show friends (every grandparent likes to brag, right?)

I have several books on my blog (that has, unfortunately, been sorely neglected for many months) but have quite a few mini books if you'd like to see them.

Dance themed books
http://koalatkreations.b...07/dance-mini-album.html

http://koalatkreations.b...ce-themed-mini-book.html

http://koalatkreations.b...2/another-mini-book.html

http://koalatkreations.b...weet-baby-girl-book.html

http://koalatkreations.b...my-latest-baby-book.html

http://koalatkreations.b...t-mini-album-design.html

Cathy
 1 user thanked kissakoala*[º0º]* for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 3/10/2013(UTC)
CricketCMV Offline
#16 Posted : Sunday, March 10, 2013 7:50:14 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 7597 time(s) in 4447 post(s)
OMG! CATHY! All your mini-book/baby-books are so nice/pretty/inspirational! I appreciate your taking time to share these, as it is getting my interest up even higher. TFS!! - Char