Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

PattyKondek Offline
#1 Posted : Wednesday, February 27, 2013 7:46:08 AM(UTC)
PattyKondek

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 94 time(s) in 47 post(s)
Scrappykats posted this for Ipad users http://www.cricut.com/fo...-CCR-online-version.aspx she tried it on her android phone, so I tried it on my Nexus 7 android tablet and it works great! Thanks Scrappykats!!!! :-)
LazyBee Offline
#2 Posted : Wednesday, February 27, 2013 8:10:10 AM(UTC)
LazyBee

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
United States

Was thanked: 637 time(s) in 304 post(s)
Please bear in mind that you will need a browser with flash to be able to utilize CCR. The newer Android tablets 4.1 and above no longer support flash. And even if you can get a copy sideloaded flash does not consistantly work on many of the tablets. So the flash needs to be emmbedded in the browser. I tried it on my ASUS Transformer and it just closed and I have 32gigs. So it may be hit and miss on Android. So if you have one try it and let us know which ones are working and what browsers you are using, along with your Android version number.
sewnmachine Offline
#3 Posted : Wednesday, February 27, 2013 2:57:41 PM(UTC)
sewnmachine

Groups: Circle Member, Registered

Was thanked: 335 time(s) in 221 post(s)
Does NOT work with Kindle Fire
Does NOT work with my Samsung android (2.3)

Lazybee, drat! I've been wanting an Asus Transformer, and had high hopes that it would work. Well, I'll take that one off my wish list.

Samsung is going to be releasing a Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 in the near future. It would be awesome if anyone that gets it could let us know how / if CCR works on that device.
LazyBee Offline
#4 Posted : Wednesday, February 27, 2013 6:50:55 PM(UTC)
LazyBee

United States

Originally Posted by: sewnmachine Go to Quoted Post
Does NOT work with Kindle Fire
Does NOT work with my Samsung android (2.3)

Lazybee, drat! I've been wanting an Asus Transformer, and had high hopes that it would work. Well, I'll take that one off my wish list.

Samsung is going to be releasing a Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 in the near future. It would be awesome if anyone that gets it could let us know how / if CCR works on that device.

I honestly believe it is not the Tablet but the software. FLASH which is needed to run CCR is no longer supported on any of the newer tablets that is running 4.1 and above. Short of trying every browser on the market (I don't have time for) I'm not sure what else can be done. be an issue Adobe who makes Flash doesn't even allow you to get flash if you have one of the newer tablets.

You can sideload it by looking for the last version available...but I can't seem to get it to work on my device...it's not even recognized.

All newer tablets most likely will be affected. If you can find one of the older ones it works on then great. And fyi...the transformer is nice, I wouldn't let CCR influence my tablet purchase, that would be giving Provo Craft too much power over my purchases...JMOP
PattyKondek Offline
#5 Posted : Wednesday, February 27, 2013 7:40:14 PM(UTC)
PattyKondek

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 94 time(s) in 47 post(s)
The post I sent the link for that explained how to do this says "you must use a flash enabled browser" the poster used Puffin. I downloaded Puffin from the app store and followed her directions to get everything working and it works great. Maybe there issues with some tablets but for mine it DOES work!
 1 user thanked PattyKondek for this useful post.
LazyBee on 2/27/2013(UTC)
LazyBee Offline
#6 Posted : Wednesday, February 27, 2013 11:04:54 PM(UTC)
LazyBee

United States

Update....okay this evening I went and checked some more browsers out over the half a dozen I already had. I tried all the big name ones and a few others that supposedly had flash built in. Most don't work and require flash to be installed....but I got to thinking about the Apple post...so while I was browsing I came across Puffin which the Ipad user used. It actually works and it is fairly fast.

So I think the solution is the Puffin app. I just used the free version, but if I find it works well it may be worth the purchase.

So ladies try it out and let us know your results on your tablets. It worked on my Asus Transformer
LazyBee Offline
#7 Posted : Wednesday, February 27, 2013 11:18:00 PM(UTC)
LazyBee

United States

Originally Posted by: PattyKondek Go to Quoted Post
The post I sent the link for that explained how to do this says "you must use a flash enabled browser" the poster used Puffin. I downloaded Puffin from the app store and followed her directions to get everything working and it works great. Maybe there issues with some tablets but for mine it DOES work!

For some reason this morning I didn't see the link (maybe lack of coffee) and I just figured it out myself, well after your post. So now we know it works on two types of tablets. Thanks for posting.