Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

kattcollins Offline
#1 Posted : Saturday, February 23, 2013 11:33:01 PM(UTC)
kattcollins

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Hello, I've just bought a cricut mini and have spent hours browsing all the images, I finally found one that I love (folk art festival) and its not available to use? I don't understand as surely if its in the image library then it should be available? I'm not a happy bunny and just wondered if anyone knew why some cartridges aren't available to purchase and download?

Thanks

Katt
Dragonfly50 Offline
#2 Posted : Sunday, February 24, 2013 1:07:53 AM(UTC)
Dragonfly50

United States

Was thanked: 1219 time(s) in 728 post(s)
It should be available. It originally came out as a Michael exclusive but I thought someone said that was for a limited time.?.

I bought my Folk Art Festival at Michaels.
I think Joanns may carry them also now AND they have their cartridges on sale 2/24 for $29.99
I'd go check it out or give them a call to see if they have them in stock.

Here are some reasons carts might not be for sale here.

1) If they are exclusive to another company selling them like Close To My Heart, Creative Memories, etc.
2) If they came as a bundle with a specific machine they will be limited to sale with that machine for a while.
3) If Provo craft no longer has the rights to the artwork like with the Hello Kitty cartridges.
4) If it is the free cut of the week in CCR it will not be for sale for that week.

They leave them in the image library so everyone can have access to the info even if they are not for sale.
Some of us like to download the handbooks to our computers to work with from there. I have all of mine AND the ones on my wishlist downloaded to my Samsung Galaxy tablet.

I hope this helps.
D-

I'm going to check out why this might not be for sale right now. I'll post back when I find out.
Just checked and it should be available. It is also on sale digitally right now.
Are you trying to buy it through CCR?
I'd suggest you go to the shopping tab to purchase it if you want it digitally (or check Michaels or Joanns for the physical cart.

Click on the shopping tab above
Click on Cricut Image Library
Type Folk Art Festival into the search box and it will take you straight to the cart info
Buying it there digitally will attach it to your account and make it available on CCR.
Hope this helps.
Let me know how this turns out for you.
Welcome to Cricut!!
D-

Edited by user Sunday, February 24, 2013 1:18:06 AM(UTC)  | Reason: :)

kattcollins Offline
#3 Posted : Sunday, February 24, 2013 5:03:32 AM(UTC)
kattcollins

Thankyou so much for trying to help but no luck, I tried going through the shop tag but it would just come up with projects made using that cart, so tried purchasing it through the 'what we used' list and it still comes up with nothing :( I'm in the uk but can't see why that would make a difference as its a digital download.

Thanks anyway

katt
 1 user thanked kattcollins for this useful post.
Dragonfly50 on 2/24/2013(UTC)
Maxluv Offline
#4 Posted : Sunday, February 24, 2013 6:29:44 AM(UTC)
Maxluv

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 455 time(s) in 344 post(s)
Originally Posted by: kattcottrellc6b3ff57 Go to Quoted Post
Thankyou so much for trying to help but no luck, I tried going through the shop tag but it would just come up with projects made using that cart, so tried purchasing it through the 'what we used' list and it still comes up with nothing :( I'm in the uk but can't see why that would make a difference as its a digital download.

Thanks anyway

katt

I was going to ask if you where in U.S. it does make a difference, not all carts/images are available to U.K. users, why? I'm not sure...but did you try clicking on the flag top right hand side of the page and choosing your country? Also with the mini you can only use digital images so having a physical cart isn't an option.
Dragonfly50 Offline
#5 Posted : Sunday, February 24, 2013 12:56:22 PM(UTC)
Dragonfly50

United States

Was thanked: 1219 time(s) in 728 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Maxluv Go to Quoted Post
I was going to ask if you where in U.S. it does make a difference, not all carts/images are available to U.K. users, why? I'm not sure...but did you try clicking on the flag top right hand side of the page and choosing your country? Also with the mini you can only use digital images so having a physical cart isn't an option.

Thank you for pointing this out.
I'd hate to give the wrong info. (I do not have a mini)
Thanks!
D-
armstre Offline
#6 Posted : Sunday, February 24, 2013 1:57:44 PM(UTC)
armstre

Was thanked: 20 time(s) in 17 post(s)
Hello! Physical carts do work with the mini... just have to be used with either CCR or a Gypsy... The mini is not a stand alone machine.

Edited by user Sunday, February 24, 2013 3:42:06 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Maxluv Offline
#7 Posted : Sunday, February 24, 2013 3:16:06 PM(UTC)
Maxluv

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 455 time(s) in 344 post(s)
Originally Posted by: armstre Go to Quoted Post
Hello! Physical carts do work with the mini... just have to be use either CCR or a Gypsy... it is not a stand alone machine.

Oops, I don't have a mini either..but i just took a look at one and see it does have a slot for a cart..thanks for clarification.
kattcollins Offline
#8 Posted : Sunday, February 24, 2013 3:18:14 PM(UTC)
kattcollins

Thanks everyone. As I am unable to find one over here, I've ordered one from Amazon US as the postage wasn't too bad to ship to England, now I just have to be patient and wait :)

Oh and yes the carts do work in the mini, you have to link them to the CCR.

Katt
x
armstre Offline
#9 Posted : Sunday, February 24, 2013 3:40:37 PM(UTC)
armstre

Was thanked: 20 time(s) in 17 post(s)
Hello again! You can link the cartridge to CCR if you want to, but you can also just insert the cartridge into the machine to use with CCR without linking if you prefer -- once linked it can't be unlinked. Linked cartridges CAN be used with any other cricut machine but cannot be linked to another CCR account.