Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

CraftyWifey Offline
#1 Posted : Wednesday, February 20, 2013 9:45:19 AM(UTC)
CraftyWifey

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 5 post(s)
I am in desperate need of help! My E2 is up to date, all software is up to date, firewall is off, and I cut in CCR 3 days ago from with my e2 but for the past two days I will get to the cut phase and checking mat and say cutting, the light will even come on like it's about to start cutting and NOTHING happens!!!! The images I need I just purchased digitally or else, I would just cut from my e2 without CCR but I NEED CCR to cut these digital images for a birthday party in TWO WEEKS!!! Any help would be appreciated! I have been troubleshooting for 2 days straight and nothing. If I don't get help here, I will have to call Provocraft support:-(((((
CraftyWifey Offline
#2 Posted : Wednesday, February 20, 2013 12:25:31 PM(UTC)
CraftyWifey

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 5 post(s)
So I couldn't wait any longer and decided to contact Support and just as a I thought, THEY HAVE NO CLUE what to do. They blamed it on my internet ATT high speed DSL and suggested that I pay more money to upgrade my DSL connection if I want to use CCR!!!! ARE YOU SERIOUS provocraft! Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Cursing Cursing Cursing Cursing Cursing Cursing I am FUMING right now! She said that it may work during peak hours but is NOT supposed to work with my ATT DSL connection and a number of other Internet Providers. You have got to be JOKING!
I ThumbDown ThumbDown ThumbDown ThumbDown ThumbDown I am stuck with these images I bought digitally that I CANNOT USE!
I will be writing a very LONG letter to the company expressing how angry I am about this. I paid so much money for this machine for these features and I know CCR is free so I guess that is why they don't give a Cursing if it works for some or not! a huge waste of my time and money! I would have bought the cartridge from Amazon and used that weeks ago if I had known these issues with digital images would come about! PISSED I AM! Thanks for nothing!
 1 user thanked CraftyWifey for this useful post.
pschell9936313123 on 3/13/2013(UTC)
CricketCMV Offline
#3 Posted : Wednesday, February 20, 2013 1:47:08 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 7600 time(s) in 4449 post(s)
Not true.

I use AT&T DSL Broadband.

I would call back and tell them you know another user who uses it!

There are other faster connections out there; but, to get it in my area is impossible. They don't service our area.

I have absolutely NO problems using my Expression and MINI with CCR using AT&T DSL Broadband internet connection.

IS SHE SAYING THE E2 AND POSSIBLY THE IMAGINE (SINCE IMAGINE USERS SEEM TO HAVE A LOT OF TROUBLE USING CCR, TOO) have been produced KNOWING that users would have to use higher speed connections than DSL?

If so, then they should state that in their REQUIREMENTS for using CCR. I don't believe they do. I'll have to go check.

Char
 2 users thanked CricketCMV for this useful post.
CraftyWifey on 2/21/2013(UTC), pschell9936313123 on 3/13/2013(UTC)
CricketCMV Offline
#4 Posted : Wednesday, February 20, 2013 1:49:51 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 7600 time(s) in 4449 post(s)
If you bought digitals and they're not going to work for you....on finding out the information you did from PC today, I would be DEMANDING my money back (not credited to your account) immediately.

I'm sure PC would be more than willing to do this, especially since they have told you your E2 won't work in CCR with AT&T DSL. They should state this up front.

Char
 1 user thanked CricketCMV for this useful post.
CraftyWifey on 2/21/2013(UTC)
CricutGena Offline
#5 Posted : Wednesday, February 20, 2013 7:35:56 PM(UTC)
CricutGena

Groups: Registered, Circle Member, Circle Moderator, Cricut Community Moderator

Was thanked: 971 time(s) in 308 post(s)
Hello All! Just a little information that may help. The minimum requirements to use Cricut Craft Rom are posted. Here is a copy of the minimum requirements:
Windows
•Intel® Pentium® III 1GHz or faster processor; Intel Pentium 4 2GHz or faster
•Microsoft® Windows® XP Home, or Professional with service pack 3 (including 64-bit editions); Windows Vista® Home Premium, Business, Ultimate, or Enterprise (including 64-bit editions) with Service Pack 2; or Windows 7 (including 64-bit editions)
•512MB of RAM (1GB recommended)
•Available USB Port

Mac OS
•Intel Core™ Duo 1.83GHz or faster processor
•Mac OS X v10.5, v10.6, v10.7
•512MB of RAM (1GB recommended)
•Available USB Port

Display
•Minimum 1024 x 768 screen resolution

Software
•Internet Explorer 9.0, Firefox, Safari
•Flash 10.3 and up
•Adobe AIR 2.7 and up

Internet
•Broadband connection (Satellite broadband and dial up are not supported)
•1.5 Mbps Downstream, 896 Kbps Upstream
•Free Cricut.com account

If your DSL internet is not meeting the speed requirements listed above you can call you provider and see if they know the off peak time where they may meet this requirements. I hope this helps!

-Cricut Gena
Myztique Offline
#6 Posted : Friday, February 22, 2013 7:30:44 PM(UTC)
Myztique

United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Originally Posted by: CraftyWifey Go to Quoted Post
So I couldn't wait any longer and decided to contact Support and just as a I thought, THEY HAVE NO CLUE what to do. They blamed it on my internet ATT high speed DSL and suggested that I pay more money to upgrade my DSL connection if I want to use CCR!!!! ARE YOU SERIOUS provocraft! Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Cursing Cursing Cursing Cursing Cursing Cursing I am FUMING right now! She said that it may work during peak hours but is NOT supposed to work with my ATT DSL connection and a number of other Internet Providers. You have got to be JOKING!
I ThumbDown ThumbDown ThumbDown ThumbDown ThumbDown I am stuck with these images I bought digitally that I CANNOT USE!
I will be writing a very LONG letter to the company expressing how angry I am about this. I paid so much money for this machine for these features and I know CCR is free so I guess that is why they don't give a Cursing if it works for some or not! a huge waste of my time and money! I would have bought the cartridge from Amazon and used that weeks ago if I had known these issues with digital images would come about! PISSED I AM! Thanks for nothing!

THis is what they told me too. The problem isn't with the internet connection, it is with the connection between their software and the machine. They sent me a new machine and supposedly tested it with CCR before sending it to me. Guess what, all the problems are still the same. I have a Mac computer, so next they will start blaming Apple. Provo Craft needs to take responsibility for the software they create and promote and fix the bugs and make it work!
bgray99040a635b07 Offline
#7 Posted : Sunday, February 24, 2013 12:32:23 PM(UTC)
bgray99040a635b07

I am a brand new Cricut user. The machine itself works great on its own but when I use the Craft Room, I can cut and then when I try to cut again it just keeps getting stuck in "Checking Mat." I am not a happy camper as I am trying to make 80 baby shower invitations and can only do 4 at a time. After I cut the first time, I have to quit the program, unplug the USB, restart the program and then plug the USB back in, cut and repeat. I would just say to heck with it and use the machine itself but the image I am cutting is in the Craft Room.

Being that I am brand new to Cricut, I thought it may be something that I was doing wrong but this is ridiculous! I shouldn't have to close and restart the program every time I want to cut a page. Plus I spent $$ on digital images as well.

I should also say that I am a Mac user as well.

Edited by user Sunday, February 24, 2013 12:35:47 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified