Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

Zoey's Mom Offline
#1 Posted : Friday, February 22, 2013 11:31:42 PM(UTC)
Zoey's Mom

Groups: Registered

I just recently purchased the digital format of Billionaire for $14.99, downloaded the CR onto my laptop and updated the firmware all in order to use the digital download. After having issues with the downloads of the CR and the firmware I was skeptical about being able to use the digital download. I was not wrong in my skepticism. In the CR I place the images from the Billionaire digital download onto the mat, click on the LOAD MAT (which takes forever)and then I click on cut. Another window pops up and says CUTTING but nothing is happening. The LCD screen just keeps scrolling "Insert cartridge, use Gypsy or Cricut DesignStudio'. I have the Personal Cutter (one of the first ones I believe), what do I need to do to get my machine to cut????? I only purchased the digital download to be able to use asap for a baby shower. Someone HELP ME PLEASE!!!
Camille Offline
#2 Posted : Saturday, February 23, 2013 12:50:59 AM(UTC)
Camille

Was thanked: 109 time(s) in 79 post(s)
I believe you have to have a cartridge in the slot on your Cricut. I usually just keep George in there. Try that and see if it works.
Narelle Offline
#3 Posted : Saturday, February 23, 2013 1:05:37 AM(UTC)
Narelle

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Australia

Was thanked: 7567 time(s) in 3531 post(s)
There are two things you need to make sure you've done...

1. Update the firmware on the Cricut. The latest is 1.45 and if you did that update from CCR that's what you should be on now.

2. Install the correct Cricut drivers to your computer. You do that from the Help menu in CCR.

You can now use the older Cricuts (Personal, Create & Expression) without having a cartridge inserted provided you are using a digital or linked cartridge.
 1 user thanked Narelle for this useful post.
Dragonfly50 on 2/23/2013(UTC)
Zoey's Mom Offline
#4 Posted : Saturday, February 23, 2013 8:44:41 PM(UTC)
Zoey's Mom

Thank you both for your posts! However, I am still dealing with the issues. I tried the 1st suggestion and was able to print 1, yes only 1 image. Then after reading the 2nd post I did double check that I had the correct version (1.45) and uninstalled and re-installed CCR. I also checked the drivers and it said I was already using the best drivers. Now I am unable to cut again and it keeps telling me to update the firmware but it is the correct version!!!! I am going nuts!!!!!!!! Any other suggestions?
Zoey's Mom Offline
#5 Posted : Sunday, February 24, 2013 2:06:06 AM(UTC)
Zoey's Mom

Narelle - This info about Windows 8 on another post seemed to help (I was able to get 3 cuts). I think I need to do the 2nd part and add the exceptions/exclusions. Do you know how I would do that?

Right click on the CCR icon on your desktop
Select Properties
Select the Compatibility Tab

Make the following changes:

As sewnmachine mentioned you may also have to add cricutcraftroom.exe and ccrbridge.exe as exceptions/exclusions to your anti-virus program.

Thanks in advance for the help!
Narelle Offline
#6 Posted : Sunday, February 24, 2013 3:35:56 AM(UTC)
Narelle

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Australia

Was thanked: 7567 time(s) in 3531 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Zoey's Mom Go to Quoted Post
Narelle - This info about Windows 8 on another post seemed to help (I was able to get 3 cuts). I think I need to do the 2nd part and add the exceptions/exclusions. Do you know how I would do that?

Right click on the CCR icon on your desktop
Select Properties
Select the Compatibility Tab

Make the following changes:

As sewnmachine mentioned you may also have to add cricutcraftroom.exe and ccrbridge.exe as exceptions/exclusions to your anti-virus program.

Thanks in advance for the help!

That really depends on which anti-virus program you're using. Basically you need to open up your a/v programs console (click on the icon on the bottom right corner of your taskbar and you should find an open option) and go into the settings. There will be the option there to add exceptions or exclusions.

Let me know which a/v program you're using and I might be able to give you more specific information. Smile