Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

MountainHomeMama Offline
#1 Posted : Thursday, February 21, 2013 9:53:44 PM(UTC)
MountainHomeMama

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
I was going to buy the Creative Cards digital images this evening, and I got a notification that I already owned it. Say What?? I went to the Craft Room and there it was...the full version. It also has the Mini Books images. Are we getting extra days, did I win a prize I didn't know about (hoping it's the latter!)??? Wub
Rice Offline
#2 Posted : Thursday, February 21, 2013 10:47:33 PM(UTC)
Rice

Was thanked: 88 time(s) in 79 post(s)
I just checked, and mine has them too. I think I read somewhere today (but I can't remember where) about them being free for making cards for Operation Write Home. Whatever I read was a little confusing.
Rice Offline
#3 Posted : Thursday, February 21, 2013 10:52:13 PM(UTC)
Rice

I found it. It was on their Facebook page. Here's a link, but in case it doesn't work, I've copied and pasted the info below.

https://www.facebook.com...86981981345123&ref=s

Cricut®’s Create a Card Drive with Operation Write Home

Kick-Off: February 14-21:: One free Creative Card each day. Never-released content from a NEW card cartridge, with a free envelope to match. Cut as many of these delightful cards as possible, as well as the content that will be FREE through the month of March.

In honor of National Craft Month, we’ve partnered with Operation Write Home to get you crafting for a tremendous cause! Operation Write Home’s members create care packages filled with hundreds of handmade cards sent to their contacts on the frontline, restocking every 6-8 weeks, and are sent in time for the long journey back home to loved ones. Each box is packed with great care, alternating styles, colors, and cardmakers from all over the USA, creating “eye candy” for heroes who see only khaki around them.

Together with Cricut, Operation Write Home wants YOU to Create a Card for heroes around the world to send home to the US! Throughout all of National Craft Month, Cricut will offer FREE card designs to create with, and special sales and promotions on popular card designs.

For every 200th person who submits a card** as a part of Cricut®’s Create a Card Drive, Cricut will donate one (1) Creative Card or one (1) Simple Card cartridge to Operation Write Home (up to 100 cartridges donated). Operation Write Home will then disseminate these cartridges in the manner that works best for their organization and members.

What are Operation Write Home’s guidelines? Our guidelines are in place for the safety of our heroes, for efficiency of our operation, and by specific request of our heroes. Important things to consider: things like refraining from using glitter, making cards A2 size or smaller, and marking the backs with Operation Write Home. More guidelines:

http://operationwritehome.org/guidelines/

How many cards should I send? You can send just a few cards, or more than that – we encourage taking your time and doing your best work, since they’ll be used by America’s best!

Do real people actually receive these cards?Oh yes! Check out theHero Blogfor hundreds of thank you notes, and see theslideshow of photosthat our contacts have sent in.

Ready to send your cards? You’ll want to go here for specific directions:

http://operationwritehome.org/mailroom/

**Packing List located on Operation Write Home’s website must list “Cricut Create a Card” list on the challenge line when submitting cards.
MountainHomeMama Offline
#4 Posted : Thursday, February 21, 2013 11:22:27 PM(UTC)
MountainHomeMama

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
AWESOME! Thank you for the info!
Dragonfly50 Offline
#5 Posted : Friday, February 22, 2013 1:17:17 AM(UTC)
Dragonfly50

United States

Was thanked: 1219 time(s) in 728 post(s)
I just looked in CCR to see if I had it BUT it isn't there for me anymore.
I had it until Wednesday. Now I only have Flower Shoppe as a freebie.

When I go to the shopping section I can buy it right now.

Have fun this is a fun cart.
D-

Edited by user Friday, February 22, 2013 1:21:24 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rice Offline
#6 Posted : Friday, February 22, 2013 9:10:03 AM(UTC)
Rice

Mine is gone again, too. I thought it might disappear shortly after I posted that because of this statement:
Quote:
Kick-Off: February 14-21:: One free Creative Card each day.

If you still want to purchase it, you should be able to now.