Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

7 Pages123>»
♥ Raquel ♥ Offline
#1 Posted : Tuesday, February 19, 2013 9:30:09 PM(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 804 time(s) in 567 post(s)
Welcome to the Wednesday Card Sketch Challenge!

Everyone is welcome to join. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask

Use the sketches as inspiration... you don't have to follow the sketches exactly! Do whatever you want as long as it works for you

Choose one or all the sketches and please share your creations if you decide to participate

Our only rule is for you to have fun

NO third sketch but a bonus card instead: make a "shaped" card

Extra Credit:EMBELLISHMENTS!!!
Someone here once said "a card is NOT DONE to me if it doesn't have a bow"

... so ADD to your card what you think will make your card "done"

HAVE FUN !!!

Edited by user Thursday, February 21, 2013 11:13:21 AM(UTC)  | Reason: ... toning down the bold colors :)

1 user thanked ♥ Raquel ♥ for this useful post.
AcrossThePond on 2/20/2013(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥ Offline
#2 Posted : Tuesday, February 19, 2013 9:38:56 PM(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥

Here's my bonus "shaped" card. It's for my sister-in-law that recently graduated as a nurse and passed her boards

2 users thanked ♥ Raquel ♥ for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 2/20/2013(UTC), Soshescraps on 2/21/2013(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥ Offline
#3 Posted : Tuesday, February 19, 2013 9:45:48 PM(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥

My sketch 1... inspired by Donna's "negative cut" extra credit from last challenge... hard to tell from the picture

...the printed paper with JOE's shadow is the negative cut. The white JOE is pop-dotted over where the shadow should have been

... and the inside of the card, I used the shadow cut

Cartridge used: Fabulous Finds
CricketCMV on 2/20/2013(UTC)
Dragonfly50 Offline
#4 Posted : Tuesday, February 19, 2013 10:32:43 PM(UTC)
Dragonfly50

United States

Was thanked: 1219 time(s) in 728 post(s)
Okay Rachel were you hiding in my craft room?
Remember the card I made for the contest at my local craft store?
It didn't fit the criteria for last week's challenge...
Well guess what it does for the BONUS and EXTRA CREDIT for this week.
(I will be entering this into the contest when it starts. Wish me luck. tee hee)

D-

Basket, bunny, eggs, and butterfy Create a Critter 2
3D flowers Flower Shoppe
Basket embossing Cuttlebug Oriental Weave (set of 4) folder
Bunny face Peachy Keen Critter Faces (med set)
Egg decos glittery ribbon and reinstones

Edited by user Tuesday, February 19, 2013 11:02:33 PM(UTC)  | Reason: add supply details

Dragonfly50 attached the following image(s):
P1200081.JPG
P1200082.JPG
P1200083.JPG
 1 user thanked Dragonfly50 for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 2/20/2013(UTC)
Dragonfly50 Offline
#5 Posted : Tuesday, February 19, 2013 10:36:34 PM(UTC)
Dragonfly50

United States

Rachel- What font did you use for the nurse card?
Love the challenge sketches! Lots of room for our imagination and creativity to flow!

D-

Edited by user Tuesday, February 19, 2013 10:55:51 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

TurtleBug Offline
#6 Posted : Tuesday, February 19, 2013 10:49:16 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

Was thanked: 905 time(s) in 576 post(s)
Raquel,
Thanks for the nice "simple" sketches, which are perfect for the Extra Credit. We can use a ton of embellies on these and really dress them up.BigGrin

Shape Card - Nice how it spells out "Nurse"...did you do this on Design Studio? It is so colorful and cute with her name badge on it. It will be a keeper for memories of her graduation. Congrats to her!

Joe Card - Love the color combo...light and dark Blue were my high school colors. It was fun using the negative cuts and it worked very well on here, too! Like how you added it to the inside of the card. Very fun card.

Now to come up with a shape card...will probably have to make it on Design Studio, which I'm not too good at using...wish me luck!!LOL

Edited by user Wednesday, February 20, 2013 1:41:33 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user thanked TurtleBug for this useful post.
♥ Raquel ♥ on 2/20/2013(UTC)
TurtleBug Offline
#7 Posted : Tuesday, February 19, 2013 11:20:22 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

I posted this on NanaDonna's Host week and Raquel asked me to re-post it here:

Ladies,
This is only my OPINION and I'm in NO WAY eager to remove Raquel's name from the link, but if we want to find a new name we have to start thinking of one fast. This link has alot of followers and some that post a card/comment now and then. We all will have to be able to find the new-name link and get the word out of the name change.
If anyone would like to suggest a new name(s), I would be more than happy to keep track of them and set-up a way of voting. Maybe allow starting tomorrow until next Tuesday for name suggestions and then the following week for the voting.
If I don't get any feedback on this I will assume everyone is happy with [color=red]"Wednesday Card Sketch Challenge".

So far suggested names are:

1. Mojo Maker
2. Whimsey Wednesday
3. Crafters Mojo
4. Welcome Wednesday

Thanks Everyone!

Edited by user Thursday, February 21, 2013 1:17:31 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Dragonfly50 Offline
#8 Posted : Tuesday, February 19, 2013 11:39:57 PM(UTC)
Dragonfly50

United States

I decided my card 2 & 3 also loosely fit the EXTRA CREDIT add an embellie criteria.

They are 5.5x4.25 size cards using the same cuts as card 1 (cut smaller)
They show how the same cuts can be used in different ways to make each card unique.

I used a lot of different embossing folders to enhance the cuts.
One card uses twine to hold the sentiment tag.
One card uses Tulip Gellies fabric paint to decorate the egg.

It is kind of hard to see in the pictures but the cuts (except the basket) are cut from Colorbok Pearlescent paper (I got at Big Lots)

Thanks for looking
D-
P1200075.JPG
P1200077.JPG
 2 users thanked Dragonfly50 for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 2/20/2013(UTC), DeeScraps on 2/20/2013(UTC)
Dragonfly50 Offline
#9 Posted : Tuesday, February 19, 2013 11:59:48 PM(UTC)
Dragonfly50

United States

AND this one again fits the EXTRA CREDIT criteria... added reinstones to the dotted lines that emboss with the butterflies and Gellies fabric paint to the eggs.

The embossing folder is from the Once Upon a Princess folder set (set of 4).
I originally made it to put the basket from card 2 on but just couldn't cover it that much so I simply added the eggs in grass.

The paper is the pearlescent paper. I have to go back and see if they have more it cut like butter in my Cricut.

Okay now to make some cards using the sketches...
See you later alligator.
D-

Edited by user Wednesday, February 20, 2013 12:04:47 AM(UTC)  | Reason: :)

P1200074.JPG
 2 users thanked Dragonfly50 for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 2/20/2013(UTC), DeeScraps on 2/20/2013(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥ Offline
#10 Posted : Wednesday, February 20, 2013 6:16:47 AM(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥

Dragonfly50: your basket is so cute!!! You used the perfect embossing folder to make it look like a wicker basket. Ok, tell me about those flowers!BigGrin The font is called Forte and I used my Cricut to cut the welded card but it's not from any cartridge. Wow! Look at all those Easter cards you've done already. I haven't even started on a single one. Love the next two baskets and bunnies as well. The last card is so pretty with that embossing folder and all the glimmer. Well done!
Dragonfly50 on 2/20/2013(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥ Offline
#11 Posted : Wednesday, February 20, 2013 6:18:45 AM(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥

I'm able to view attached files ... for now. Crossing fingers that it doesn't change as the day goes on Crying

*POKES Dee...

I'm not starting on my sketch 2 until I see the Ad colors BigGrin

Edited by user Thursday, February 21, 2013 11:14:03 AM(UTC)  | Reason: ... changing colors

♥ Raquel ♥ Offline
#12 Posted : Wednesday, February 20, 2013 6:22:29 AM(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥

TurtleBug wrote:

If anyone would like to suggest a new name(s), I would be more than happy to keep track of them and set-up a way of voting. Maybe allow starting tomorrow until next Tuesday for name suggestions and then the following week for the voting.
If I don't get any feedback on this I will assume everyone is happy with "Wednesday Card Sketch Challenge".

So far suggested names are:

1. Mojo Maker
2. Whimsey Wednesday
3. Crafters Mojo
4. Welcome Wednesday

Thanks Everyone!

Josie (TurtleBug) is going to be hosting next week after me, so if anyone wants to make any suggestions for a new name for our challenge... add it to this list

Edited by user Thursday, February 21, 2013 11:16:35 AM(UTC)  | Reason: ... because of a typo :P

♥ Raquel ♥ Offline
#13 Posted : Wednesday, February 20, 2013 6:26:28 AM(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥

Dragonfly50 wrote:
Okay Rachel were you hiding in my craft room?
Remember the card I made for the contest at my local craft store?
It didn't fit the criteria for last week's challenge...
Well guess what it does for the BONUS and EXTRA CREDIT for this week.
(I will be entering this into the contest when it starts. Wish me luck. tee hee)

D-

That's awesome that you had cards already made for this bonus. As far as hiding in your craft room... uh... "great minds think alike?"

Good luck at the contest! I love your card so you got my vote to win

Edited by user Thursday, February 21, 2013 11:46:38 AM(UTC)  | Reason: ... changing colors

Dragonfly50 on 2/22/2013(UTC)
DeeScraps Offline
#14 Posted : Wednesday, February 20, 2013 7:04:37 AM(UTC)
DeeScraps

Was thanked: 706 time(s) in 538 post(s)
Did someone just "Poke" me? LOL I was reading all the posts and thinking of names. I think we should keep it as Raquel's....because folks know it that way, but I can understand her feelings about the name removal.

I think we should leave the "sketch" out of the title if we also keep doing the colors. I like the word "Mojo" in the title.

"Get Your Mojo Going Challenge"

"Find Your Mojo"

"No Pressure Challenge" (This might attract newbies.)

Another thought is that he person who is going to host the week can get together with me so that we get the colors posted at the same time.

I'm very much like Nana Donna....I don't work fast and if my eyes are bothering me, I don't work at all. That's the reason I haven't hosted and don't always get to post replies, but I do look at all the cards and read all the posts. We have some very talented folks posting their work here. Flapper

Another thought is to have the person who is hosting also pick the colors. That would make it a little easier on them as they wouldn't have another card to do.

Here's this weeks colors. As always, they are just a little something to help get your Mojo going and not a requirement. Do them if you like. Just have fun and post what you do.

Dee

[img=http://][/img]

Edited by user Wednesday, February 20, 2013 7:33:56 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

3 users thanked DeeScraps for this useful post.
♥ Raquel ♥ on 2/20/2013(UTC), CricketCMV on 2/20/2013(UTC), TurtleBug on 2/24/2013(UTC)
DeeScraps Offline
#15 Posted : Wednesday, February 20, 2013 7:28:03 AM(UTC)
DeeScraps

Was thanked: 706 time(s) in 538 post(s)
Raquel....thank you for the nice and simple sketches. Did you do them yourself?

I loved your shaped card and I'm sure your sister-in-law will too. That's quite an achievement. I like the printed paper and how you added the little "nurse bear" on the front. Very cute. These cards are always hard for me to do.

Loved,loved,loved, the "Joe" card. Loved the choice of colors and all the embossing. Great "guy" card.

Dragon Fly....You are way ahead of the game with those wonderful Easter cards. More great embossing and embellishments. Good luck with the contest.

2 users thanked DeeScraps for this useful post.
♥ Raquel ♥ on 2/20/2013(UTC), Dragonfly50 on 2/20/2013(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥ Offline
#16 Posted : Wednesday, February 20, 2013 7:33:34 AM(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥

TurtleBug wrote:
Raquel,
Thanks for the nice "simple" sketches, which are perfect for the Extra Credit. We can use a ton of embellies on these and really dress them up.BigGrin

Shape Card - Nice how it spells out "Nurse"...did you do this on Design Studio? It is so colorful and cute with her name badge on it. It will be a keeper for memories of her graduation. Congrats to her!

Joe Card - Love the color combo...light and dark Blue were my high school colors. It was fun using the negative cuts and it worked very well on here, too! Like how you added it to the inside of the card. Very fun card.

Now to come up with a shape card...will probably have to make it on Design Studio, which I'm not too good at using...which me luck!!LOL

It started in Design Studio and then I didn't like the font cartridges I had with extremely thin shadows as the background so I used something else

There are tons of cartridges with already made shaped cards ready to be cut out. I know Wild Card cartridge has a lot and a few others... too many to name

Edited by user Thursday, February 21, 2013 11:48:22 AM(UTC)  | Reason: ... changing colors

♥ Raquel ♥ Offline
#17 Posted : Wednesday, February 20, 2013 7:38:03 AM(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥

Originally Posted by: DeeScraps Go to Quoted Post
Did someone just "Poke" me? LOL I was reading all the posts and thinking of names. I think we should keep it as Raquel's....because folks know it that way, but I can understand her feelings about the name removal.

I think we should leave the "sketch" out of the title if we also keep doing the colors. I like the word "Mojo" in the title.

"Get Your Mojo Going Challenge"

"Find Your Mojo"

"No Pressure Challenge" (This might attract newbies.)

Another thought is that he person who is going to host the week can get together with me so that we get the colors posted at the same time.

Another thought is to have the person who is hosting also pick the colors. That would make it a little easier on them as they wouldn't have another card to do.

You bring up a lot of great points here. I think you're on to something about leaving the "sketch" out of the name since we always say use them as inspiration but we've seen tons of people use the sketch for layouts or even other non-card projects

I know in the past when you would be out of town, you'd send me the Ad colors in advance through email so I can post it when I host. That worked really well actually. I like you picking the Ad colors since you don't host... unless you want to give up this job, then I can understand

Edited by user Thursday, February 21, 2013 11:48:59 AM(UTC)  | Reason: ... because I wanted to :P

♥ Raquel ♥ Offline
#18 Posted : Wednesday, February 20, 2013 7:40:08 AM(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥

DeeScraps: yes, I try to make my own sketches when I have the time. These two only took less than 10 minutes because they were simple and I already had the templates from previous sketches

LOVE LOVE LOVE the Ad colors this week... I always LOVE it when you post food for Ad colors! LOL!

Edited by user Wednesday, February 20, 2013 7:56:51 AM(UTC)  | Reason: ... because I can !!!

DeeScraps on 2/20/2013(UTC)
*NanaDonna* Offline
#19 Posted : Wednesday, February 20, 2013 8:58:06 AM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Was thanked: 2545 time(s) in 1320 post(s)
Thanks for hosting Raquel, I will try and get at least one sketch done but can't promise as we leave for Vegas on Friday and today we have to go visit a a high school friend of my hubbys that just lost his wife.
Thanks Dee for the great colors, love them.

WOW lots of action already on this thread, hope to be back later to comment. Just wanted to pop in right now ans say thanks.
*NanaDonna* Offline
#20 Posted : Wednesday, February 20, 2013 10:25:13 AM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Last week Gisele was talking about trying new and different techniques and I mentioned that I get a newsletter called "Technique Junkie" which comes in the mail every couple of months and is packed with some great techniques. Anyway Gisele wanted a link so here it is Technique Junkie

Edited by user Wednesday, February 20, 2013 10:25:55 AM(UTC)  | Reason: oops typo

1 user thanked *NanaDonna* for this useful post.
AcrossThePond Offline
#21 Posted : Wednesday, February 20, 2013 10:43:00 AM(UTC)
AcrossThePond

Was thanked: 716 time(s) in 456 post(s)
Thank You Raquel for hosting this week and for the 2 great sketches along with the extra credit challenges too.

Your cards are wonderful as always and that nurse card just blows me away. The birthday card is great too.

Dee - Thank you for the ad colours, quite lush.

As far as the name change I am happy with Wednesday card sketch challenge. My only concern about something with Mojo in the title is that it is very similar to the actual Mojo Monday challenge and we may get caught up in something there. I am happy to leave the ad colour pick to Dee.

Sue
AcrossThePond Offline
#22 Posted : Wednesday, February 20, 2013 10:46:13 AM(UTC)
AcrossThePond

Was thanked: 716 time(s) in 456 post(s)
Dragonfly - sorry I missed you out there.
Lovin all your Easter cards so cute.

Sue
 1 user thanked AcrossThePond for this useful post.
Dragonfly50 on 2/20/2013(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥ Offline
#23 Posted : Wednesday, February 20, 2013 11:07:05 AM(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥

AcrossThePond wrote:
As far as the name change I am happy with Wednesday card sketch challenge. My only concern about something with Mojo in the title is that it is very similar to the actual Mojo Monday challenge and we may get caught up in something there. I am happy to leave the ad colour pick to Dee.

Sue

Another good point! This same thought actually crossed my mind but I thought Dee's "Find Your Mojo" suggestion was pretty catchy

Edited by user Thursday, February 21, 2013 11:49:32 AM(UTC)  | Reason: ... changing colors

♥ Raquel ♥ Offline
#24 Posted : Wednesday, February 20, 2013 11:10:09 AM(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥

*NanaDonna* wrote:
Last week Gisele was talking about trying new and different techniques and I mentioned that I get a newsletter called "Technique Junkie" which comes in the mail every couple of months and is packed with some great techniques. Anyway Gisele wanted a link so here it is Technique Junkie

Thanks for the link! Definitely some great reading material when you have free time

I'm sorry to hear about your hubby's wife's friend. I hope this doesn't hinder your Vegas trip in any way. WIN SOME MONEY!!! We'll see you when you get back

Edited by user Thursday, February 21, 2013 11:50:26 AM(UTC)  | Reason: ... changing colors

TurtleBug Offline
#25 Posted : Wednesday, February 20, 2013 11:54:25 AM(UTC)
TurtleBug

LOOK at today's weather in TUCSON, ARIZONA!!

Edited by user Thursday, February 21, 2013 1:18:54 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

File Attachment(s):
SNOW Feb2013 007.JPG (1,989kb) downloaded 39 time(s).
SNOW Feb2013 012.JPG (3,003kb) downloaded 16 time(s).
SNOW Feb2013 014.JPG (2,047kb) downloaded 11 time(s).
SNOW Feb2013 018.JPG (2,502kb) downloaded 12 time(s).
SNOW Feb2013 019.JPG (1,137kb) downloaded 13 time(s).
SNOW Feb2013 020.JPG (1,050kb) downloaded 8 time(s).
SNOW Feb2013 022.JPG (1,621kb) downloaded 14 time(s).
Dragonfly50 Offline
#26 Posted : Wednesday, February 20, 2013 12:03:06 PM(UTC)
Dragonfly50

United States

Rachel- Thank you for your kind words! And the contest vote.BigGrin
The flowers were cut from the Colorbok pearlescent pare. I used the <basic1> cut on the first overlay button. In the handbook it is meant to be a flower center but I think the centers make wonderful 3D flowers.
D-

1 user thanked Dragonfly50 for this useful post.
Nancy J. Offline
#27 Posted : Wednesday, February 20, 2013 12:04:35 PM(UTC)
Nancy J.

Was thanked: 113 time(s) in 71 post(s)
Hi everyone...

Raq...sorry you are so busy but it sounds as if it is just plain life getting in the way... we all have that problem now and then...but so glad to hear you will still be around... this challenge would just not be the same without you...

Thanks so much for the wonderful sketches this week... and your cards oh they are wonderful... love that nurse one with that teddy bear.

Dee... Thanks so much for those wonderful colors they fit right into my first card...

Here is my first card... the doggy is from Create a Critter (cut at 3.5 inches), the egg from Art Philosophy, the eyes are from Peachy Keen (1 3/8 inches), the embroidery floss from Close to my Heart(which I won from an other challenge)and the ovals are cut from Spellbinder's Nestablilites Classic Scalloped Ovals. Oh yes that hair on top of the doggy's head is just a flower squashed and the flower is from Mother's Day Bouquet.

Edited by user Wednesday, February 20, 2013 12:09:34 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Nancy J. attached the following image(s):
IMG_0034.jpg
 2 users thanked Nancy J. for this useful post.
♥ Raquel ♥ on 2/20/2013(UTC), CricketCMV on 2/20/2013(UTC)
Nancy J. Offline
#28 Posted : Wednesday, February 20, 2013 12:26:03 PM(UTC)
Nancy J.

Was thanked: 113 time(s) in 71 post(s)
Drangonfly, wow what a cute basket!!!... love the embossing on that basket and really like all the bling on those eggs. Your cards are really cute too... love all the embossing.

Edited by user Wednesday, February 20, 2013 12:26:35 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user thanked Nancy J. for this useful post.
Dragonfly50 on 2/21/2013(UTC)
*NanaDonna* Offline
#29 Posted : Wednesday, February 20, 2013 12:43:50 PM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

I know this may not seem like much to a lot of you but to us in Tucson this is a BIG deal. Especially to me I LOVE the SNOW

Out our back door

Another out the back

Here is a couple out the front door

And this sit directly out our front door
 1 user thanked *NanaDonna* for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 2/21/2013(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥ Offline
#30 Posted : Wednesday, February 20, 2013 1:01:24 PM(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥

Nancy J. wrote:
Raq...sorry you are so busy but it sounds as if it is just plain life getting in the way... we all have that problem now and then...but so glad to hear you will still be around... this challenge would just not be the same without you...

I have NO intention on leaving whatsoever BigGrin

My closing date for my new home has been pushed back to mid-March so hubby and I have taken a break from packing. I actually have a lot of time to spend with you all in the MB right now. Before the weekend is over, you are all going to be so sick of me chattering away that you will be wishing I'm already moving. Hee hee hee

Dragonfly50: your flowers are gorgeous... center piece or not. I'm a sucker for flowers! I've only done rolled up flowers once on a card because they seem a bit too bulky to put in envelops. I wonder if I can try them with thinner paper and maybe get a combined rolled up / crushed flower look. I'll experiment on that

Nancy J.: your puppy dog is so cute!!! Wonderful job on this... looks like a sticker instead of cut out. I've never seen a puppy on an Easter card... very clever! Even after weeks, I still read your name as "carrottop" hee heee

TurtleBug & *NanaDonna*: WOW! You guys have a lot of snow... looks really good. We have great weather right now in sunny Florida but it would be nice to experience snow again. I mean, "what is snow again?"

Edited by user Thursday, February 21, 2013 11:50:54 AM(UTC)  | Reason: ... ooops! Wrong month! March not May