Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

6 Pages«<3456>
LisaW. Offline
#121 Posted : Tuesday, February 19, 2013 11:30:57 AM(UTC)
LisaW.

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 135 time(s) in 92 post(s)
here is my pictures that I am making layouts for that I am seeking help with titles. I apologize how it scanned...new scanner for me and I don't know how it works.
LisaW. attached the following image(s):
Scan0002.jpg
Scan0001.jpg
♥ Raquel ♥ Offline
#122 Posted : Tuesday, February 19, 2013 11:35:52 AM(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥

Was thanked: 804 time(s) in 567 post(s)
CricketCMV wrote:
I have posted MY solution to the problems with pics being posted/enlarged/seen in the CRICUT CHAT and GENERAL CHAT (Circle). I downloaded FIREFOX (something I said I would NEVER do) and I am able to see everything again, making this MB very enjoyable, once again, for me.

I'm not so sure PC can fix this....I fixed for myself. I hope you'll go take a look and try it. If it works for you, please state so in the threads I posted so others will see it's not just me. It can't hurt to add this added browser....we add so many other things to our spaces...and it JUST MIGHT WORK FOR A LOT OF THE REST OF YOU.

Char

I use Moxzilla Firefox on a daily basis on my computer and laptop... Safari on my iPad / iPhone The problems I had with not being able to connect to the Cricut server, not being able to log on, or to view attachments were definitely a Cricut problem not any browser's problem because I also tried other browsers like Chrome and Internet Explorer... the problems were consistent no matter what I used.

I'm currently having NO problem right now (crosses fingers) but for the past two weeks it was just on and off problems

♥ Raquel ♥ Offline
#123 Posted : Tuesday, February 19, 2013 11:37:10 AM(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥

Ok scratch what I said... grrr... the problem with viewing images just came back! I can't seem to see Lisa's attachments

I was fine this morning! LOL! BigGrin

This is what I get when trying to view attachments:

Error: Resource has been moved or is unavailable. Please contact the forum admin.

Edited by user Tuesday, February 19, 2013 11:38:24 AM(UTC)  | Reason: ... because I forgot something

LisaW. Offline
#124 Posted : Tuesday, February 19, 2013 11:47:53 AM(UTC)
LisaW.

United States

sorry Raquel...now I am going to use photobucket and see what happens:) Gonna try to put it all one post. Sorry they are huge...I will get it figured out someday.

Edited by user Tuesday, February 19, 2013 11:48:23 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

♥ Raquel ♥ Offline
#125 Posted : Tuesday, February 19, 2013 12:25:29 PM(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥

Ok Lisa... first things that came to my mind when viewing the bottom two pictures...

Mischief... Mischievous... Convicts... LOL! I'm not sure if that's at all helpful.

The only thing that popped in my head for the graduation pics was "Congratulations"

I'm still a newbie when it comes to scrapbooking so not too familiar with titles for layouts

PS... love that grin!
christineramey8b61e521 Offline
#126 Posted : Tuesday, February 19, 2013 12:47:32 PM(UTC)
christineramey8b61e521

Was thanked: 72 time(s) in 51 post(s)
Originally Posted by: ♥ Raquel ♥ Go to Quoted Post
Thank you Christine... but... um... I'm not leaving! Until I actually start moving, I have time. I have time right now to host and make cards. Sure I'm busy, but I still have time to squeeze in craft time. Don't say goodbye to me! LOL

Never meant to do that. . .love you to stay as long as you can! LOL! I so love your cards and get inspired from them. . .so I don't want you to leave! LOL!
#127 Posted : Tuesday, February 19, 2013 12:50:28 PM(UTC)
christineramey8b61e521

Heee heee heee... you don't need my permission (or anyone's) to start a Facebook group. I do have a Facebook account but I'm rarely on there at all. I'm on my computer to check mail, sketches, and chat with you all here. For as long as I have the time, I will support you with your Facebook group... no promises... I barely have time to visit everyone's blogs and leave a comment once in a while

Not starting one anytime soon right now, but if I did, I'd let everyone know about it so you could come join in on the fun! Thanks Raquel! :)
#128 Posted : Tuesday, February 19, 2013 12:55:25 PM(UTC)
christineramey8b61e521

Originally Posted by: LisaW. Go to Quoted Post
sorry Raquel...now I am going to use photobucket and see what happens:) Gonna try to put it all one post. Sorry they are huge...I will get it figured out someday.

Okay this takes me to knew themes now, but will come back on in a little bit to really give it some thoughts. The pictures help a good bit!

Now, are all of the pictures of the graduation or do you have misc pictures? I couldn't remember what you told me. .. sorry.

But you could do something like. . .passing on the heritage. ? Something to that effect. ..it might would help to know what she graduated from because I don't remember what you told us. .. if she graduated high school or college and if it was college what did she graduate with. .. degree wise? These would be helpful to know how to tie it all in. .. .just suggestion though but those are things I was thinking of just at first glance and things maybe for you to think about as well. :)
♥ Raquel ♥ Offline
#129 Posted : Tuesday, February 19, 2013 1:22:22 PM(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥

Wow! When I do have the time to sit and log in here I can't seem to shut up huh? Flapper

Ok, got sketch 1 done! A bit on the simple side but it's done!

You can't tell from the image but the snowflake is pop-dotted in two layers to give it height and to separate the glittered cut from the base

Cartridges used: Art Philosophy * Home Accents
 2 users thanked ♥ Raquel ♥ for this useful post.
Dragonfly50 on 2/19/2013(UTC), CricketCMV on 2/19/2013(UTC)
britishgirl Offline
#130 Posted : Tuesday, February 19, 2013 1:26:42 PM(UTC)
britishgirl

Was thanked: 237 time(s) in 142 post(s)
Originally Posted by: christineramey8b61e521 Go to Quoted Post
Okay finally came back on to make all of my comments. .. hopefully I didn't miss anyone. .. if I did I'll catch you on the next round. ;)

NANADONNA: Love the Happy 2nd birthday cards and the different bright pink paper that you used. Very colorful and any child would love them! Love your butterfly card on the sketch 2. The silver was a good choice with that blue in the background. The sentiment works well as well. Sketch 3 is lovely with the ribbon in the center and just enough green around it to balance it well. Sketch 1 is creative with the crochet piece in the center. Just one question: What are you doing to create the words on the sentiment? I can't figure that out! Thanks.

Bingolady: I'm sorry but I couldn't see any of your sketches up close, for some reason this board is getting stranger by the day. But I liked what you did to the card regardless of not being able to see up close.

Raquel: So sorry to hear you are having so many problems getting on and off. Hopefully it will get better soon! It stinks not being able to do that!

Turtlebug: Sketch 2 is so pretty. Love those dark blue colors on that sympathy card. The gems add the extra touch on there.

Sketch 1 card is so pretty. What kind of paper did you use for those flowers in the center? It doesn't look like the normal paper is why I was asking.
Love sketch 3 is lovely with that Mickey Mouse paper.

Oh by the way, glad to hear your son is coming home! Tell him thanks for serving! :)
I'm a former military wife so I understand completely!

britishgirl: Love your sketch 1 card. I have to ask what exactly are digistamps? I've never used them. So that is why I was asking what they are.
Thanks.

VickieBryan1 Cute valentine's card and I loved the bird card! Very pretty!

NancyJ: I'm sorry but I'm not able to see attachments at this time. :(

Gisele: Thanks for your comments about me. I'm doing much better taking each day one day at a time. . .it's never easy when you loose a member of the family, even if it is a dog, but each day is getting better and I had a blast going shopping and getting new things to try!

Great Sketch 1 card. It really does give the feel of spring with all those bright colors. So cheerful. Love the use of the butterfly in the center.
Sketch 2 is so precious with the girl in the center of the card, it almost looks as though she is standing in the center of huge mirror with the shapes you've chosen. So precious.

Okay think I got everyone. . .I hope! If not I'll try and catch you on the next round of comments! I'll work on sketch 2 and three tomorrow. :)

A digi stamp is an image that you color instead of a stamp that you use with ink go and look here http://sliekje.blogspot.com/ she mostly does cats birds and mice but she is really good or look at this site its Crafters Digital Art Center http://priscillastyles.n...e-freebie-challenges#?= hope this helps
#131 Posted : Tuesday, February 19, 2013 2:55:18 PM(UTC)
christineramey8b61e521

Originally Posted by: britishgirl Go to Quoted Post
A digi stamp is an image that you color instead of a stamp that you use with ink go and look here http://sliekje.blogspot.com/ she mostly does cats birds and mice but she is really good or look at this site its Crafters Digital Art Center http://priscillastyles.n...e-freebie-challenges#?= hope this helps

Thanks britishgirl for the links. .. I knew what they were but didn't realize it until you posted these links. .. gheesh. :)
CricketCMV Online
#132 Posted : Tuesday, February 19, 2013 3:19:04 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 7607 time(s) in 4456 post(s)
Ok scratch what I said... grrr... the problem with viewing images just came back! I can't seem to see Lisa's attachments

I was fine this morning! LOL! BigGrin

This is what I get when trying to view attachments:

Error: Resource has been moved or is unavailable. Please contact the forum admin.

Raquel - I'm in a hurry right now, so I don't know if anyone else mentioned this.

Today, one of our other users told me she had FIREFOX; so, she didn't need to download it because she already had it. When I told her I had to UNINSTALL/REINSTALL my Adobe Flash Player 11 Active X....and she did this today.....it worked for her. She can now see everything I can see.

So, if all the people who ALREADY have FIREFOX try this, it might work. It can't hurt anything. My Adobe Flash Player didn't update for some reason.....I usually have everything turned to update automatically. When I reinstalled.....VOILA....everything now works for me for the last two days...no problems whatsoever. I do have to click TWICE when I come in and click on Message Boards (for some reason). Otherwise, it just sits there until I click on it the second time.

Hope this works for you. Let us know if you try it.

Char
TurtleBug Offline
#133 Posted : Tuesday, February 19, 2013 4:01:00 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

Was thanked: 905 time(s) in 576 post(s)
Raquel,
Your #2 & #3 cards with all the Extra Credits and Ad Colors are so beautiful. The little girl image is so precious. Love the flower clusters, how do you cut them so small?? Hard to have to make and send this type of cards, but they will be sure to comfort the receipients.
Card #1 - Very pretty, like the glittery snowflake and embossing. I really need to get more Christmas CB folders, which did you use on here?

[b]Raquel,
Sometimes one needs to do what is right for oneself and I see you have, because you and only you can know what and how much you can have on your plate at any given time. But, I know this MB will continue to survive because of the smart and talented Ladies that do the sketches week in and week out. I am glad you will continue the links, will you also let us know whose turn it will be to Host?
I have been looking for a while for another sketch challenge to join along with this one, but I have yet to find one that even compares or comes close to the format, style, inspiration and most of all the friendships and support that this one provides.

I'm all for giving this link a new, fresh and catchy title. How about we toss a few new names around and we vote as a group on the Top 3 suggestions and pick the one that gets the most votes of the three??Smile ThumpUp

Wish you the best, thanks for all you have done. Enjoy your new home, family and all that time will allow you to persue. Will be looking for your beautiful cards and updates.

Josie

Edited by user Tuesday, February 19, 2013 4:01:36 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Nancy J. Offline
#134 Posted : Tuesday, February 19, 2013 4:27:42 PM(UTC)
Nancy J.

Was thanked: 113 time(s) in 71 post(s)
Originally Posted by: *NanaDonna* Go to Quoted Post
NancyJ - so glad your post showed up, I would have sad to haved missed this wonderful Valentine card it is great. I love those flowers how did you make them?

How I did my flowers? I have a soft mat that I use and some tools... large ball tool, white molding tool and some embossing tools. I met a wonderful lady on an old message board... that was years ago... and she taught a group of us how to mold the flowers... She did such a great job at it...She even wrote a book (which is very detailed) and did 3 full videos for us for a small fee... she also has a blog so go check it out if you want to see some gorgeous flowers...
 1 user thanked Nancy J. for this useful post.
♥ Raquel ♥ on 2/19/2013(UTC)
LisaW. Offline
#135 Posted : Tuesday, February 19, 2013 5:11:55 PM(UTC)
LisaW.

United States

My first vacation day and I kinda wasted it...I better get a move on it, lol.

NanaDonna: Thank you very much for the sketches. The "2nd" birthday card is adorable. I have that same paper pack. Great job with the negative cut and love that bow on your sketch. Sketch #2 is gorgeous and love the butterfly...I have that paper pack too and never use it. Sketch #3 is so pretty. More pretty paper with your ad colors.

DeeScraps: Thank you very much for the challenging colors...wasn't sure about the mulberry but got it. Seems like a lot of the stores in my area has quit carrying a lot of cardstock colors and just kinda down to the basic colors. I need to go on a shopping spree:)Very pretty birthday card and love how you did the negative cuts...one of my favorite color combinations of brown/black/cream. What a great idea to save old buttons...never even would have crossed my mind.

BingoLady: Great use of the negative cut and great card. Great sketch #3...great bg paper and the blue just really makes it pop...love it.

TurtleBug: Gorgeous blue sympathy card. Very pretty card in the ad colors and love that embossing folder (I have it too). Congrats on your grandson coming to stay with you...thank you for sharing your good news: Absolutely love your Mickey card and your brad fits it perfectly. Is that a new punch (reconcilliation)? I have never seen it and I would love to have it:).

Britishgirl: Very cute little chicken...nice color combination.

ViokieBryant1: Very pretty valentine card. Stunning second card...first time I seen something like this...care to share how you did it:)

NancyJ: Your valentine card is so pretty with the red and white and love the butterfly. Love your second valentine card...love how you put the brown/tan into it and embossed the heart.

Gisele: Pretty sketch 1. Great job with the watercolors. Very pretty card for the ad colors.
Love the flower on top. Very nice sketch #3...prtty snowflake. Wonderful birthday card...pretty bg paper.

CricketCMV: I hope you join us...I know how you feel about "much life fets in the way." I can't always participate every week but sure do enjoy it when I can and the ladies on here are such wonderful supporters.

Christineramey: Beautiful sketch #1 Great use of the "left over" portion. Very pretty bg paper. Thanks for helping me with my title dilemma...niece was graduating from high school so I have pictures of her graduating. Her mom couldn't make it so it was just me, my mom and grandparents there to support her so I just have a lot of pictures of all of us with her.

AcrossThePond: Cute Cute bird...pretty sketch #1.

Raquel: Sorry you had to make sympathy cards but they are so pretty. On your second sketch with the negative cut...is that a punch that make that item that you put the ribbon on? Thanks Raquel with the titles...I love your mischief/mischevious thoughts (my daughter to a T, laughing). I have done very little scrapbooking...my disney books are really my first ones that I am working on. I have been going to a scrapbooking class once a month and one of the ladies brought in all of her 8 x 10 pictures and is making a layout everytime with them...christmas presents and I am going to try to do the same. Sketch #1 is gorgeous...love the color combination. Is that snowflake from a cartridge? Is that paper from a pack?

2 users thanked LisaW. for this useful post.
Gisele on 2/19/2013(UTC), CricketCMV on 2/19/2013(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥ Offline
#136 Posted : Tuesday, February 19, 2013 5:17:31 PM(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥

TurtleBug wrote:
Raquel,
Your #2 & #3 cards with all the Extra Credits and Ad Colors are so beautiful. The little girl image is so precious. Love the flower clusters, how do you cut them so small?? Hard to have to make and send this type of cards, but they will be sure to comfort the receipients.
Card #1 - Very pretty, like the glittery snowflake and embossing. I really need to get more Christmas CB folders, which did you use on here?

My Cricut doesn't like cutting really small things so those tiny flowers are Fiskars punch

Shhhh... the embossing folder I used is actually from Sizzix (it's the only one I have of that brand)

♥ Raquel ♥ Offline
#137 Posted : Tuesday, February 19, 2013 5:22:57 PM(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥

LisaW. wrote:
Raquel: Sorry you had to make sympathy cards but they are so pretty. On your second sketch with the negative cut...is that a punch that make that item that you put the ribbon on? Thanks Raquel with the titles...I love your mischief/mischevious thoughts (my daughter to a T, laughing). I have done very little scrapbooking...my disney books are really my first ones that I am working on. I have been going to a scrapbooking class once a month and one of the ladies brought in all of her 8 x 10 pictures and is making a layout everytime with them...christmas presents and I am going to try to do the same. Sketch #1 is gorgeous...love the color combination. Is that snowflake from a cartridge? Is that paper from a pack?

Hi Lisa! I'm just starting out with scrapbooking too. You should see the first scrapbooks I made over 10 years ago... looks like a 6 year old made it! HAH HAH! Of course, I didn't know about Cricut and all the different techniques I know now so I'm just starting out with scrabooking as well. I haven't completed any yet... just loose layout pages here and there

The strip you are asking about is a border punch from Martha Stewart... I believe it's called "Infinity"... I have to check

The snowflake is from Home Accents cartridge and the papers I used are from DCWV premade blank Christmas notecards (I don't actually use the cards... just the papers from it)

♥ Raquel ♥ Offline
#138 Posted : Tuesday, February 19, 2013 5:26:54 PM(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥

CricketCMV wrote:
Raquel - I'm in a hurry right now, so I don't know if anyone else mentioned this.

Today, one of our other users told me she had FIREFOX; so, she didn't need to download it because she already had it. When I told her I had to UNINSTALL/REINSTALL my Adobe Flash Player 11 Active X....and she did this today.....it worked for her. She can now see everything I can see.

So, if all the people who ALREADY have FIREFOX try this, it might work. It can't hurt anything. My Adobe Flash Player didn't update for some reason.....I usually have everything turned to update automatically. When I reinstalled.....VOILA....everything now works for me for the last two days...no problems whatsoever. I do have to click TWICE when I come in and click on Message Boards (for some reason). Otherwise, it just sits there until I click on it the second time.

Hope this works for you. Let us know if you try it.

Char

This doesn't work for me. Cricut support already had me do everything you just told me... LOL!

The funny thing is that it's an ongoing problem. One minute I can't view attachments... 5 minutes later, they're all there! So, for now, I just have to wait when I can see attachments. Right now, I'm able to see them all no problem... I know... weird

1 user thanked ♥ Raquel ♥ for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 2/19/2013(UTC)
TurtleBug Offline
#139 Posted : Tuesday, February 19, 2013 5:29:45 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

]NancyJ
OMG!! I just went to the blog you posted on flowers by Mrs. Evans and.......SSHHHHHHH!! Don't let Raquel go there, she will be up all night making those flowers, we all know how much she loves flowers and hers are not bad, either.
Flowers & cards by Mrs. Evans are simply BEAUTIFUL!!!
TFS!!Smile

Edited by user Tuesday, February 19, 2013 5:30:20 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user thanked TurtleBug for this useful post.
Gisele Offline
#140 Posted : Tuesday, February 19, 2013 6:05:14 PM(UTC)
Gisele

Was thanked: 549 time(s) in 339 post(s)
Lisa - Sketch #1 – wow you went to a lot of trouble to figure out Mulberry! Pretty card for your SIL – I hope she appreciates your creation! Love your sketch #2 and twist on the keynote speech! Great birthday card too – like the birthday sentiment and cupcake border! As for your layouts – Raquel’s idea is great! Maybe “Sunny Future” for the graduation one?!Enjoy your vacation!

Josie – I used a Martha Stewart punch for the Happy Birthday.

Raquel – Beautiful sympathy cards – first one in the ad colours has so many wonderful details from the small flowers to the embossed background and pearls! Love the window card idea for the second sympathy card! Love your snowflake Christmas card for Sketch 1!

I can certainly understand how you need to take a “small step back” and focus on the move, the training and managing every day activities. Glad to hear that you’ll still be popping in when you can and making a card or two when time permits. I’m fine with Wednesday Card Sketch or a more catchy name for the challenge. I’m happy to be part of a very inspiring group who have helped me to learn to follow a sketch, get creative, get out of my comfort zone with the weekly ad colours and don’t forget “enable me" to buy new tools and stash BigGrin

Edited by user Tuesday, February 19, 2013 6:05:47 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user thanked Gisele for this useful post.
♥ Raquel ♥ Offline
#141 Posted : Tuesday, February 19, 2013 6:21:52 PM(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥

TurtleBug wrote:
]NancyJ
OMG!! I just went to the blog you posted on flowers by Mrs. Evans and.......SSHHHHHHH!! Don't let Raquel go there, she will be up all night making those flowers, we all know how much she loves flowers and hers are not bad, either.
Flowers & cards by Mrs. Evans are simply BEAUTIFUL!!!
TFS!!Smile

What what what? HAH HAH Josie! Where do you think I've been the last hour? I clicked on the blog Nancy linked up! Penny Flowers look real!
♥ Raquel ♥ Offline
#142 Posted : Tuesday, February 19, 2013 6:36:49 PM(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥

Gisele wrote:
I can certainly understand how you need to take a “small step back” and focus on the move, the training and managing every day activities. Glad to hear that you’ll still be popping in when you can and making a card or two when time permits. I’m fine with Wednesday Card Sketch or a more catchy name for the challenge. I’m happy to be part of a very inspiring group who have helped me to learn to follow a sketch, get creative, get out of my comfort zone with the weekly ad colours and don’t forget “enable me" to buy new tools and stash BigGrin

I joined this MB in 2009 with a Cricut Expression I got for Christmas 2008, a pack of white cardstock, sewing scissors, glue stick (yeah... that's how I stuck papers together), and a DCWV stack of 12x12 papers.

I blame you all for "enabling" me. I had no idea how much stuff was out there but you all certainly introduced me to them. I can't say I regret buying all the stuff I've bought since I met you all. So thanks everyone! I have that much more to pack! LOL! I now have so many paper packs... too many!

Dragonfly50 Offline
#143 Posted : Tuesday, February 19, 2013 7:18:35 PM(UTC)
Dragonfly50

United States

Was thanked: 1219 time(s) in 728 post(s)
No need to feel guilty!!!!
Post when you can.
Comment when you can
No one will judge!

For the name?
Since this thread sparked my crafting mojo I have mojo on my brain. lol

Mojo Maker Card Sketch Challenge
Crafter's Mojo Card Sketch Challenge

D-
*NanaDonna* Offline
#144 Posted : Tuesday, February 19, 2013 8:07:20 PM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Was thanked: 2545 time(s) in 1320 post(s)
Wow! When I do have the time to sit and log in here I can't seem to shut up huh? Flapper

Ok, got sketch 1 done! A bit on the simple side but it's done!

You can't tell from the image but the snowflake is pop-dotted in two layers to give it height and to separate the glittered cut from the base

Cartridges used: Art Philosophy * Home Accents

Raquel - great card, love the snowflake and I am so glad you are keeping u with your Christmas card pledge, I wish I could ha haBlushing

Whatever this ends up being called I will still be around, I don't think I can make a card without a sketch anymoreLaugh Laugh. I am one of the early ones on this challenge also, in fact I think I am the one that told you to change to RAQs Challenge since the one it was named after before was not around anymore and you were doing all the work to keep it together as you still are and will continue to be with making sure we all know who our next hostess is. I know you will still be around as much as you can, I always wondered how you got done what you have done with having 3 children and the busy life you have. I am retired and sometimes don't find the time to get my cards done. LOL
I also know that more hostesses would be a great thing so like Raquel asked if you want to hostess let her know. I know I know I know I am one to talk as I do not hostess on a regular basis Blushing Blushing but I am going to try and do it more often then I have in the past. It is just me, I am too anal about being prepared. I do not work well under pressureHuh Blink and rarely can make a fast card, I am too worried about the details ha ha.

Any name would be fine with me as long as I know what it is and can find it.ThumpUp Tongue ThumpUp Smile Smile

I want to thank everyone for participating this week and all the lovely cards that have been posted. I truly enjoyed hosting and look forward to what Raquel has for us next week. Not sure how much I will get done as we leave for Las Vegas on Friday (remember that trip we had to postpone) and won't be back till Tuesday.

1 user thanked *NanaDonna* for this useful post.
VickieBryan1 Offline
#145 Posted : Tuesday, February 19, 2013 8:32:44 PM(UTC)
VickieBryan1

United States

Was thanked: 589 time(s) in 401 post(s)
Originally Posted by: LisaW. Go to Quoted Post
My first vacation day and I kinda wasted it...I better get a move on it, lol.

NanaDonna: Thank you very much for the sketches. The "2nd" birthday card is adorable. I have that same paper pack. Great job with the negative cut and love that bow on your sketch. Sketch #2 is gorgeous and love the butterfly...I have that paper pack too and never use it. Sketch #3 is so pretty. More pretty paper with your ad colors.

DeeScraps: Thank you very much for the challenging colors...wasn't sure about the mulberry but got it. Seems like a lot of the stores in my area has quit carrying a lot of cardstock colors and just kinda down to the basic colors. I need to go on a shopping spree:)Very pretty birthday card and love how you did the negative cuts...one of my favorite color combinations of brown/black/cream. What a great idea to save old buttons...never even would have crossed my mind.

BingoLady: Great use of the negative cut and great card. Great sketch #3...great bg paper and the blue just really makes it pop...love it.

TurtleBug: Gorgeous blue sympathy card. Very pretty card in the ad colors and love that embossing folder (I have it too). Congrats on your grandson coming to stay with you...thank you for sharing your good news: Absolutely love your Mickey card and your brad fits it perfectly. Is that a new punch (reconcilliation)? I have never seen it and I would love to have it:).

Britishgirl: Very cute little chicken...nice color combination.

ViokieBryant1: Very pretty valentine card. Stunning second card...first time I seen something like this...care to share how you did it:)

NancyJ: Your valentine card is so pretty with the red and white and love the butterfly. Love your second valentine card...love how you put the brown/tan into it and embossed the heart.

Gisele: Pretty sketch 1. Great job with the watercolors. Very pretty card for the ad colors.
Love the flower on top. Very nice sketch #3...prtty snowflake. Wonderful birthday card...pretty bg paper.

CricketCMV: I hope you join us...I know how you feel about "much life fets in the way." I can't always participate every week but sure do enjoy it when I can and the ladies on here are such wonderful supporters.

Christineramey: Beautiful sketch #1 Great use of the "left over" portion. Very pretty bg paper. Thanks for helping me with my title dilemma...niece was graduating from high school so I have pictures of her graduating. Her mom couldn't make it so it was just me, my mom and grandparents there to support her so I just have a lot of pictures of all of us with her.

AcrossThePond: Cute Cute bird...pretty sketch #1.

Hi Lisa What I did with the card was I used the new Anna Griffin embossing folder called avariy. I embossed a 4x5.25 piece of card stock. I took my chalks and chaled the rainsed side of the embossing. that was it. It didn't take long at all.'
CricketCMV Online
#146 Posted : Tuesday, February 19, 2013 8:40:59 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 7607 time(s) in 4456 post(s)
Originally Posted by: christineramey8b61e521 Go to Quoted Post
Just want to be upfront with a few things because I see feedback coming in on things already, please I do not want emails about why it is not a good idea. .. it was only a suggestion. Facebook definitely has its issues too, and i realize that from a personal standpoint I don't really care much for facebook myself, but there are good avenues about it as well.

I do understand that many do not have facebook accounts, and that would cause a problem. I'm fine if the group stays here, I just didn't know if anyone else would like that avenue or not. I don't want to do away with anything that Raquel has started, because this is my favorite group on this board. . .it's the only one I go to in fact. .. so I don't want problems to start by posting that.

Just thought that if some wanted a different avenue to post to and with Raquel's permission I'd start a facebook account if others wanted it. .. but only with her permission. . .as this was started by her, not me! So I wanted that to be very clear!

I by far love this group the most. . .and I would hate to see it vanish, but if it did I wanted there to be a way to post and still keep in contact with everyone that wanted to. So this is why I suggested it. . .nothing more!

Thanks guys for understanding and didn't want to cause any heartaches by anyone with this post because I do love this group and each of you individually. I would be heart broken if it caused any problems so that is why I decided to post this just to be clear on my view point of why I initially suggested the idea.

Thanks Christine.

Christine - I hope I didn't offend you, because that's not what I wanted to do. I don't want others to think I sent you an email, either. I didn't.

I've only come back to this RAK thread within the past week or so, so I probably shouldn't have spoken up. It looked like NanaDonna started this thread and I think I remember others she has done in the past when I used to look over the RAKS more often. I really should not have said anything and I'm really sorry I did.

I did try to put it in a nice way, so that if you or anyone else wanted to go to FB with an idea like this, that would be all good for those who want to go there.

Sorry, everyone.

Char

♥ Raquel ♥ Offline
#147 Posted : Tuesday, February 19, 2013 8:49:59 PM(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥

*NanaDonna* wrote:

Raquel - great card, love the snowflake and I am so glad you are keeping u with your Christmas card pledge, I wish I could ha haBlushing

Whatever this ends up being called I will still be around, I don't think I can make a card without a sketch anymoreLaugh Laugh. I am one of the early ones on this challenge also, in fact I think I am the one that told you to change to RAQs Challenge since the one it was named after before was not around anymore and you were doing all the work to keep it together as you still are and will continue to be with making sure we all know who our next hostess is. I know you will still be around as much as you can, I always wondered how you got done what you have done with having 3 children and the busy life you have. I am retired and sometimes don't find the time to get my cards done. LOL
I also know that more hostesses would be a great thing so like Raquel asked if you want to hostess let her know. I know I know I know I am one to talk as I do not hostess on a regular basis Blushing Blushing but I am going to try and do it more often then I have in the past. It is just me, I am too anal about being prepared. I do not work well under pressureHuh Blink and rarely can make a fast card, I am too worried about the details ha ha.

Any name would be fine with me as long as I know what it is and can find it.ThumpUp Tongue ThumpUp Smile Smile

I want to thank everyone for participating this week and all the lovely cards that have been posted. I truly enjoyed hosting and look forward to what Raquel has for us next week. Not sure how much I will get done as we leave for Las Vegas on Friday (remember that trip we had to postpone) and won't be back till Tuesday.

Yes, I'm very proud of myself for sticking with my New Year's resolution of making Christmas cards at least once a week!

As far as changing the name to RAQ a long time ago, it was actually Kathy that suggested it and you were definitely the first to vote yes and Tami (sunnieday) was the first to host with the name change. I will never forget that day... I was just thrilled you all liked me! LoL!

I am also good with any name you all pick. I'm keeping my job of maintaining our link and finding hostess for each week because I love bugging you all Laugh

♥ Raquel ♥ Offline
#148 Posted : Tuesday, February 19, 2013 8:56:23 PM(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥

CricketCMV wrote:
Christine - I hope I didn't offend you, because that's not what I wanted to do. I don't want others to think I sent you an email, either. I didn't.

I've only come back to this RAK thread within the past week or so, so I probably shouldn't have spoken up. It looked like NanaDonna started this thread and I think I remember others she has done in the past when I used to look over the RAKS more often. I really should not have said anything and I'm really sorry I did.

I did try to put it in a nice way, so that if you or anyone else wanted to go to FB with an idea like this, that would be all good for those who want to go there.

Sorry, everyone.

Char

No need to apologize. I didn't read your message earlier as any offense. I just read as another suggestion and I also like the fact that YOU LOVE US Love Love Love

I'm really glad you joined us! We need more new blood and new blood means new ideas!

Edited by user Tuesday, February 19, 2013 8:59:14 PM(UTC)  | Reason: ... because of a typo :P

1 user thanked ♥ Raquel ♥ for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 2/20/2013(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥ Offline
#149 Posted : Tuesday, February 19, 2013 9:31:27 PM(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥

The new challenge has been posted... it's practically Wednesday where I am so I thought I'd post the sketches for the late owls and our friends in Europe

Have a good night everyone!
TurtleBug Offline
#150 Posted : Tuesday, February 19, 2013 9:36:16 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

Ladies,
This is only my OPINION and I'm in NO WAY eager to remove Raquel's name from the link, but if we want to find a new name we have to start thinking of one fast. This link has alot of followers and some that post a card/comment now and then. We all will have to be able to find the new-name link and get the word out of the name change.
If anyone would like to suggest a new name(s), I would be more than happy to keep track of them and set-up a way of voting. Maybe allow starting tomorrow until next Tuesday for name suggestions and then the following week for the voting.
If I don't get any feedback on this I will assume everyone is happy with "Wednesday Card Sketch Challenge".

So far suggested names are:

1. Mojo Maker
2. Whimsey Wednesday
3. Crafters Mojo
4. Welcome Wednesday

Thanks Everyone!Smile

Edited by user Tuesday, February 19, 2013 9:38:23 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user thanked TurtleBug for this useful post.
Dragonfly50 on 2/19/2013(UTC)