Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

86 Pages«<7475767778>»
RGK Offline
#2251 Posted : Sunday, February 10, 2013 8:36:43 AM(UTC)
RGK

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 36 time(s) in 27 post(s)
Good Sunday morning,
Pat, glad you got most of your list done. I'm sure it is only one of many lists though. Never ends. Yep, I know that old story. Back to my other projects. Probably scanning, I am so tired of it and want to get it done. Hope Jim's family will get back to normal soon. The pictures we see on the news are something else. How do people stay warm without power and feet of snow everywhere?? They showed one house where the roof caved in, terrible.
Gramma, I just saw that you beat me to the post. Glad you got away before the storm hit. Do you have any news about home, was it hit by the storm? I agree on the moving south comments. Still working though and two of the kids live here. We have actually seen a little more sun this winter than we usually do, in my opinion. Maybe it's just my way of dealing with the cold LOL.
I have no plans for today, will do a little of this and that, and preparing to go back to work tomorrow.
Hello to everyone else in the castle.
Renate
imnchghere Offline
#2252 Posted : Sunday, February 10, 2013 10:31:40 PM(UTC)
imnchghere

Was thanked: 99 time(s) in 77 post(s)
good evening everyone. I have one more thing to take care of before I go to bed, but thought I would stop by the castle first.
Gramma, I forgot you might be in MD this weekend. Luckily it is not too bad here, but when we went out this afternoon it was chilly feeling. I was packing cards tonight and saw the card with the shade that you had asked about. OMG!!!! it is sooooo cute. It will be fine to send, although I hate to part with it. Sneaky Wink
I've been watching the weather in Deb's area. I hope she is ok. It seems like the worst is below her.
I worked most of the day on society stuff with Jim's help. Thank goodness for his ability to stay focused. My head hurt (sinus pressure) and everything just made me crazy.

Jim & I often talk about where we might retire. MD is not retire friendly. Taxes will eat you alive. But this is where the family is. No doubt we could do w/o nasty winter weather, but other than the cold this year (so far) we haven't had any real bad events. I am keeping an eye on Orko, (where are they getting these names from ???) Confused, but I think we will just get rain from it, maybe a little snow mixed in.

Well, I need to get back to my last item on the list, so I can get to bed.

Dbson Offline
#2253 Posted : Monday, February 11, 2013 6:48:10 AM(UTC)
Dbson

Was thanked: 58 time(s) in 52 post(s)
Morning from a wet and soggy south.....it rained ALL day yesterday, looks like another wet one today.
I had a nice retreat, however the WiFi was very weak, no cell service at all, either used someones phone or my phone in the car (OnStar-great for these type of no service places)....I managed to get 86 cards done, not near what I planned. Worked hard on Thursday night/Friday til everyone arrived, we had a wonderful cupcake party Friday night, lots of good snacks to pick from.....think everyone had a nice weekend.....great roomie, but sadly her hubby got on her last nerve (she only lives 20 mins away...got home about 3:30.....

I absolutely LOVED the zip line, it was amazing and even though the walk up was a bit longer than we thought....I would love to do it again......

I read up on all the post last night, sadly my tablet has once again locked up on me...guess it will go in for a check up, if they work on them......

Hubby talked to the nurses this weekend, going to see about talking with the social worker/dr today if possible, we need to know what our options are.....

Have a great day, stay warm and dry........be back later......

Edited by user Monday, February 11, 2013 6:51:08 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Phyllis Offline
#2254 Posted : Monday, February 11, 2013 8:49:52 AM(UTC)
Phyllis

Was thanked: 81 time(s) in 73 post(s)
Good Monday morning to everyone. I'm a few days behind, I'll try and catch up.

Pat, I see the NE got hit really hard with the snow, glad you escaped it. Did you get that last item done last night?

Gramma, glad you were able to get out of town before the snow arrived, hope your house s OK, or did it not hit your area?

Renate, sorry you have to go back to work but I know you had a great time with your family.

Deb, sounds like you had a great time at the retreat. I'm not sure I would like the zip lining or not, it's a little scary. I'm getting more scary as I get older I think. Glad the tornadoes didn't affect you, that was really terrible, this weather lately has been so strange.

Jess, hope your day is going well.

I will be spending today getting ready for my trip to Ft. Wayne/St. Louis. We've been watching the weather and its looking pretty good so far, hope we don't get stranded down there though with this unpredictable weather. Actually, I'm more likely to get stranded in Ft. Wayne. I'm just not comfortable traveling in the winter months. I guess I'm getting a little paranoid since that awful 96 car pile up here and my last snowy adventure last week.

Better get busy, a beautiful but windy day here so far, temps are going to be dropping as the day goes on.

imnchghere Offline
#2255 Posted : Monday, February 11, 2013 8:52:32 AM(UTC)
imnchghere

good morning.. Deb, I am so glad you had a good time and was productive. I am getting anxious for my crop in 4 weeks. I just hope I can be ready enough to get a lot done. Those storms down your way were horrible. The weather channel was talking about all the rain/snow from Nemo and Orko and how the area that really needs it (mid west), got nothing. Mother Nature is not playing fair.
I also hope you can get some answers/options for mil.

I didn't finish up my to do list last night, so that was facing me this morning. It is just one thing that involves an email with an attachment. It has to be sent to 150 people. I have them divided into groups. Anyway, I almost always have a few bounce and then I have to deal with if it was my error or just a bad address.

Need to get on the bike today and finish up my Easter cards to go in the box for the troops. And get the next theme figured out, so I am ready to post it.
Hello to everyone..

Gramma Offline
#2256 Posted : Monday, February 11, 2013 3:27:25 PM(UTC)
Gramma

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 9 post(s)
Greetings to all who enter the castle! We made it home about 3:30, left MD about 9. The weather was much better today driving than it was Friday. We had a great time celebrating DD's Bday with her and today she is celebrating the 8th anniversary of her 29th BDay. On a sad note their renter's/friends husband decided this weekend to tell his wife of two years that he was leaving. She is a very good friend of my daughters and that kind of dampened the mood a bit. I loved the weather shirt sleeve weather Saturday and Sunday both. Here at home its windy, grey, cold and rainy.. yippeeThumbDown

Deb, congrats on the zip line... Not sure I could do that with one arm... but I'd try if they let me! Glad to read your retreat was a hit!

Pat, I wasn't sure about that card like I said before. I'm glad it will work, but shutters are way easier than blinds. We thought about stopping for a bit (and a scone), but with the weather so iffy this time of year we decided to pass. We will get together again on one of our trips there.

Phyllis hope your trip goes well. Have a great time!

Happy Monday to Jess and Renate.

Hugz and warm wishes,
Gramma
RGK Offline
#2257 Posted : Monday, February 11, 2013 3:34:59 PM(UTC)
RGK

United States

Hello everyone,
Pat, hope you got all those emails sent out and your sinus headache has left.
Deb, glad you're back. I'd have to think about the zip line. We had one here at the SB last year, first time I ever saw one. I don't like heights, but on the other hand it must be awesome. Glad you missed the bad weather. How happy was Gracie to see you?? Good luck with the decision making.
Phyllis, when are you planning on leaving? I don't like winter travel either, so unpredictable.
Gramma, glad you made it home safely. Brrr to the weather, same here.
My work day went well. I was told I looked rested. Wonder how long that will last.
Jess, hope your Monday went well.
Hello to anyone else stopping by. Renate
Phyllis Offline
#2258 Posted : Monday, February 11, 2013 9:57:13 PM(UTC)
Phyllis

Was thanked: 81 time(s) in 73 post(s)
Hello again, thought I would check in before I leave tomorrow morning. I will try to check in while I'm away.

Gramma glad you didn't get the snow. LOL on your DD's 29th birthdays.

Pat, you mentioned in another post about the taxes in MD, we pay through the nose here too but go just a few miles away and its about half what we pay, just not right.

OK, off my tax rant, just one more thing adding to my frustrating day. I need to get myself in a better mood before tomorrow. Long story.

Renate, I'm leaving tomorrow morning, I think we may come thru Indy on our way to St. Louis, not sure of the route. Hope you can keep that rested look.

Hello Deb and Joanne.
housefullofrotties Offline
#2259 Posted : Tuesday, February 12, 2013 12:37:00 AM(UTC)
housefullofrotties

Was thanked: 37 time(s) in 36 post(s)
Happy middle of the night! This place has been harder to get into than Ft Knox! Glad someone let me in! Hope everyone is well! Phyllis, have a safe trip.
Have a great day!

Jess
Dbson Offline
#2260 Posted : Tuesday, February 12, 2013 4:41:36 PM(UTC)
Dbson

Afternoon, it is a soggy, wet day here....more rain in the forecast too....lower part of state might be under another tornado event.....I agree with the messy/crazy weather we have had.....

Hubby has again called the drs office, we have an appt Monday with our lawyer, just don't have a clue as to what is going to happen.....we are in a constant state of limbo it seems.....his blood pressure is way up too.....

Gracie is doing great, still trying to clear up the tear stains, but I know the teething causes some of that too...will keep working on it.....

Had a cake in the oven, oh what a mess....overflowed, made a huge mess on the foil in the oven, thank goodness I had that down....taste good but 1/4 of the cake stuck in the pan......not sure I will try it again....

Phyllis have a safe trip, how did the pup's nail get?

Pat did you get the 'huge list of email' folks done? My cards will go in the mail tomorrow, sorry I couldn't get more done to mail this time....the retreat 'helping' will dip into the scrap time....oh well....my hope is to get a bigger box with a couple themes in it....

Renate it was nice of your worker folks to say you looked rested....are you still rested today? Glad you had some visiting time with your DS.....

Jess how was your work day?

Gramma glad you had a nice visit with DD and her '8th visit of the 29th year of her birth'.....we held on with one hand going down the line.

Hello to Karen, Joanne and any else that might drop in.....

My tablet has continued to 'freeze up', battery will not die, unable to do anything, reset button doesn't help, no help online to assist.....my friend has taken it home with her to see if she can 'lay hands' on itBigGrin BigGrin . Was told that was 'common with that brand', sure wish they had told me that.....anyway, I decided to buy an iPad mini this morning....so I will have to spend some time tonight getting it set up, my friend helped me with a few things this afternoon, we even did 'facetime'....

Cooked an extra burger for supper tonight so I am headed to get that heated up and get on some comfy clothes.....later.....
RGK Offline
#2261 Posted : Tuesday, February 12, 2013 5:18:05 PM(UTC)
RGK

United States

Good evening, we had a pretty day today, sunny and not as windy as yesterday. It seems to change daily.
Phyllis, hope you are having a safe trip. Maybe we can meet up one of these times. Wave as you are driving by will you?
Jess, sorry you had a hard time getting 'in'. You would think at the time you are trying most of the rest of the world is sleeping. Happy MOW day at work.
Deb, what kind of cake did you make that overflowed? Glad you had the foil to catch most of the mess. No comments at work today, I still feel a little rested, trying to keep it that way. I look forward to Monday's holiday.--I hope it all works out ok when you meet with the lawyer. You're right, the 'not knowing' is the worst part.
Not much going on here. I've been working a little on DS's military album. Also need to get the CFS cards bundled and bagged. One of those things will keep me busy this evening. Hello to anyone stopping by. Renate
#2262 Posted : Tuesday, February 12, 2013 5:28:20 PM(UTC)
housefullofrotties

Good evening! The MB must like me again, I got in twice in one day! Going to attempt a quick catch up!

Deb~Glad you had a good weekend. It seems like just trying to get basic info about MIL/situation is taking forever. No wonder H's blood pressure is up. Sorry your cake didn't do what it was supposed to do! My day was fine. Enjoy your ipad mini!

Renate~I'm glad you had a nice time with family. You are a trooper on your scanning project! Hope the work week is treating you well and you had no messes to go back to.

Pat~Hope you're head is feeling better and you've dealt with the society stuff. I sure hope your hard work is appreciated.

Phyllis~Did you have an okay drive? Will keep my fingers crossed for good weather for you!

Gramma~Good to hear you had a nice with with DD and family. Bummer about her friend.

I worked all weekend on stamp camp. I'm ready except for the inevitable changes. My SU! friends and I are going to try and do some shoebox swaps each month. We're each going to try and do two different cards. Start next week. Need to find time to get some together...trying to have some fun with card making rather than all work. Also need to do some serious work on the wedding invitations. Hoping for a good nights rest tonight. Don't have my hopes up, never seems to happen!! Have a great evening!

Jess
Nana22Nina22 Offline
#2263 Posted : Tuesday, February 12, 2013 9:00:58 PM(UTC)
Nana22Nina22

Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 17 post(s)
Greetings in the castle! Sorry I have been MIA.... Things are about the same here in FL . The weather has not been very kind to you queens up north and I will surely roll out the red carpet for any of you wishing to move south :).
DH and went to a Celtic music concert Sunday afternoon/evening. It was in an old theater in downtown St Pete. Very intimate venue and great music. The group Ennis is from Newfoundland, Canada.
Also visited part of the Ringling Circus Museum in Sarasota with friends from DC and TX. The mansion grounds are just beautiful.
Quick catch up
Pat - I will be sending you 50 cards tomorrow. Glad you had a fun play date.
Phyllis - glad you survived the icy ride home and the pneumonia shot. Safe travels to Fort Wayne
Deb - continued good thoughts to you and H. Glad you had a great crop and zip!
Renate - I need to organize my stuff into a portable "file" too. My next scanning project is some old photos from childhood vacations at my grandparents farm...my sis and bro decided I needed to scrapbook them.... Which means I'll be doing 3!
Jess - thought of you this weekend as I was at Stampfest. Buying goodies of course!
Gramma - I loved how you colored your triple stamp card! I really like that kind of card and I am going to try the coloring. I assume you colored it before dissembling and reassembling right?
Bye for now!
Joanne

I actually typed this this morning but then the MB decided to take a rest and I couldn't get it posted or get logged in again till now... Good thing I saved a copy....Fingers crossed....
imnchghere Offline
#2264 Posted : Tuesday, February 12, 2013 9:15:52 PM(UTC)
imnchghere

good evening.. society business is caught up and to answer someone's question, yes my hard work is appreciated. I am one who takes initiative and it usually pays off. So while I complain, I only do what I want to do.
I continue to also work on page kits for the crop next month.
Phyllis, I hope you had a safe trip today and that you will be able to check in while you are gone.
Deb, sorry your tablet gave you such fits. I am sure you will be happy with your iPad. So far (a little over a year now) I have enjoyed my Thrive. I know I could do way more with it than I do, but every time I just sit and play with it, I figure out something new I can do with it. Lately I have been downloading lots of free books to have handy when we travel.
Jess, what is a "shoebox swap"? Happy MOW tomorrow.
Gramma, a while back you sent me a card and some tea stamps. The card had a circle cut with a border edge. Do you know where the cut is from? I can take a picture of it if you can't remember. I've been trying to find a comparable one from my Cricut carts. Look forward to having you stop by for tea 'n scones on another trip.
I need to clean up my work table, so I can start tomorrow back on page kits. Had to get a new unit to send to. This one supports a large group. I will be packing the box as full of cards as I can.
Joanne, I see you just posted. I will be watching for your cards.
#2265 Posted : Wednesday, February 13, 2013 1:41:43 AM(UTC)
housefullofrotties

Happy MOW! Hope it's good for everyone!

Jess
Dbson Offline
#2266 Posted : Wednesday, February 13, 2013 9:24:40 AM(UTC)
Dbson

Good Wednesday morning....quick and painless trip to tax office this morning....what we get back will go toward a vacation we are planning later this year....every penny will help.

Pat the box of cards went in the mail this morning, should be there Fri I hope....these are spring and a few birthday.

Joanne good to hear from you, glad you enjoyed your concert....

I have my friend coming back this morning, I can't get email set up correctly on the new iPad so we will rethink the issue....told me I could not 'send' last night, now this morning it won't receive....but we will get it together.....

Hello to everyone this morning....I am off to get clothes in the dryer, unload the dishwasher and pray this headache goes away....must make it to church tonight to verify some info for the bulletin which I am helping with now....plus I need to figure out how to move it from MS Works to MS Word....later....
RGK Offline
#2267 Posted : Wednesday, February 13, 2013 6:36:35 PM(UTC)
RGK

United States

Happy Wednesday evening castlemates,
Jess, glad the MB let you in. Seems like you're ready for the SC this weekend. What topic will your cards be? Are the wedding invites the same ones you talked about earlier or is it a new project? Hope you had a good night rest last night and again tonight.
Joanne, good to see you are back. Celtic music is great for listening, glad you had the opportunity. Have fun with the 3 new albums. I hope you'll work on your portable file soon, you'll be glad you did it. I didn't know there was a Ringling Circus Museum, sounds like a fun place.
Pat, glad you enjoy all the society work, especially when everything comes together as planned.
Deb, hope your headache left you, your iPad is under control and your various chores are completed.
I worked on my DS's album last night. I'm kinda stuck b/c I don't have a lot of pictures but I have other things, his deployment orders, notes he made from one of his missions, emails, stuff like that. As I was reading some of the emails I decided the book will just have to be a little of everything and hopefully he will like it. I'll add some blank journal cards and will fill them in when I give it to him because he will know the names etc. I should be able to get a page or two done tonight, maybe a little scanning also.
Hellos to all who will stop by. Renate
Dbson Offline
#2268 Posted : Wednesday, February 13, 2013 6:49:18 PM(UTC)
Dbson

Evening, still having trouble getting my email account to work correctly on the ipad...my friend was here for a couple hours but we still didn't get it running....

Renate I made a Caramel Apple Pound Cake, using the recipe that our cooking teacher provided, either my pan was not as big as hers or I did something wrong......I doubled checked the recipe in two papers, so I think if I make it again some will be put in another pan....ingredients were exact.....

After a day of running around like headless chickens in the house, we were told MIL should have been dismissed yesterday, but no later than Friday...hubby has asked every day about the nursing home, think that fell thru the crack...anyway we thought they had a local bed, nope....now it appears she will go to the next county....we have to get her in the n/h from the hospital......so if I don't show up the next couple days, you know where I will be.....I was just about in tears this afternoon......and hubby wasn't much better....this has been so stressful and we had made some nice plans for lunch tomorrow...oh well....maybe next week......

Hope everyone has a great night, I am ready for some warm, comfy clothes....
#2269 Posted : Thursday, February 14, 2013 1:45:42 AM(UTC)
housefullofrotties

Good middle of the night! Hope everyone has a good day!

Jess
Nana22Nina22 Offline
#2270 Posted : Thursday, February 14, 2013 9:05:45 AM(UTC)
Nana22Nina22

Wub Happy Valentine's Day in the Castle Wub
Drizzly, thundery and a bit chilly here. Good day to just stay put.
Pat - the cards should be there tomorrow. I took them to FedEx yesterday. Glad that you enjoy your society work. You do not need to be doing stuff you don't enjoy at this stage of life :) I gave my Thrive to DH and he loves it.
Deb - I do so hope that things will get settled for all of you soon. This mess has not been fair to anyone. It took me awhile to get my email set up on my iPad also (I use Verizon). I finally called tech support and he talked me through it. I never did figure out what I was doing wrong, but it works fine now and I get both my verizon as well as gmail.
Renate - Ringling has a large museum complex in Sarasota that consists of a beautiful art museum, a circus museum and the mansion. We only did the art museum that day. John Ringling was quite an art collector. All the buildings and grounds are just spectacular. I am sure your DS will love the album. Um..Yeah... I still have DH's Iraq in a box.....
Jess - TGIF is coming soon. Hope you are able to keep the mumbling and muttering under control!! Yes, what is a shoebox swap?
Hello to Phyllis and Gramma
Joanne
#2271 Posted : Thursday, February 14, 2013 6:14:38 PM(UTC)
housefullofrotties

Happy Valentine's Day! Happy Friday Eve! Hope everyone had a good day.

Joanne~Sounds like you and DH had a nice time at the concert and museum. When do you go on your cruise? Hope you found some good stuff at Stampfest. I like that I'm thought of when shopping for goodies! The muttering/mumbling has had a few rouge moments but otherwise it's been under control. I did make a rather loud declaration earlier this morning that things were going to be different when I was running the show!Wink

Pat~I'm glad the society group appreciates you! How are those page kits coming along?

Deb~Woohoo for money coming back and for it going towards something fun! Hope your email issues are resolved. Good luck with the MIL release. I hope she can go straight to the nursing home. Hugs and prayers to you.

Renate~ The MB is just strange sometimes. The problem (lately) has been getting onto the website itself. Oh well, it worked today! Stamp camp is general use cards this month. The wedding invites are for my nephews wedding in July (also did the bridal shower and thank you cards for his fiance). I haven't heard a thing from the other bride to be (wedding in May). I think the album will be great with areas for journaling and other notes rather than just pictures.

A shoebox swap...basically it's a mini stamp camp between a group of friends. Each person brings a project plus all the ingredients for everyone to put one together. We're going to do cards but other groups do scrap pages. It'll give us a chance to use some of our contraband items, if we choose to, and make cards for fun rather than for a "job". We had a few changes for camp this weekend. Some of the girls cannot make it because they have to go to a funeral (their 32 year old friend...pulmonary embolism...how sad). So kits for them and a small "in person" group. Just one new person this month but she is a cardmaker. Well I'm beat. I'm going to go snuggle up in bed and read for a bit. Have a nice evening.

Hello to Phyllis and Gramma!

Jess
#2272 Posted : Friday, February 15, 2013 1:36:36 AM(UTC)
housefullofrotties

Happy Friday! Have a fabulous day!

Jess
imnchghere Offline
#2273 Posted : Friday, February 15, 2013 4:46:13 AM(UTC)
imnchghere

Happy Friday everyone.. I woke up way too early and couldn't get back to sleep. So here I am.

I have the new theme ready to post, but will wait until later today. I got cards yesterday and the day before that I need to acknowledge also.
I had to find a new unit, but managed to get one that supports a large number and will be there for a while. I liked having the carriers, but they are home now.
Deb, I hope you are able to get you email working. I am not good at having to figure out new things especially techy stuff. I saw the picture of your retreat group on FB. I can see why you do so many loaves of bread. {{Hugs}} to you and H. I can only imagine how stressfull this all is for you. Hopefully you can get away for a few days and relax/enjoy yourselves.
Jess, thanks for explaining the shoe box swap. Hope today goes quickly for you and then slows down when you get home. Do you have a long weekend? I am not doing so well on the page kits, but once I get the cfs box shipped, I will have 2 or 3 weeks to work just on kits. I have a bunch of partial ones that just need paper picked out and then maybe titles cut. There is a Cricut we can use at the crop, so I might cut titles there. Just have to take the cartridges.
Well, I need to get some laundry going and then make a productive plan for the day. Hello to those I missed. Anyone have plans for the weekend?

Dbson Offline
#2274 Posted : Friday, February 15, 2013 7:02:29 AM(UTC)
Dbson

Morning, not sure what today will bring, visit to nursing home was pretty much a no go...nurse did not think she would meet the criteria, plus other things...nurse mentions assisted living around the block, she contacts the hospital social worker/since she can't come home per drs orders....right now we are waiting on their 10am visit to a$$e$$ her before we can do anything/then her bed, sofa, chair, etc have to be taken down...if that falls thru we will have to start all over I guess.....word of advice: get your affairs in order if they aren't......this has been a nightmare and isn't over yet.....every night I feel like a piano on my chest when I lay down....sad that this time of our life is so difficult when it doesn't have to be.......

Pat one of the girls that always came to the retreats had a baby late last year, she came to visit and that was the picture...we are a crazy group when that camera starts flashing...

Jess thanks for the info on the swap....sounds like a great idea....we did that a couple times at a friend's house....

Joanne sorry about the cruddy weather....it is cold here this morning...brrrrr.....

Hello to Renate, Phyllis, Gramma and Karen.....have a great day and I will let you know later what the day brings.....
imnchghere Offline
#2275 Posted : Saturday, February 16, 2013 7:31:54 AM(UTC)
imnchghere

good Saturday morning in the castle. Lots to do today, so I am glad the snow we got was insignificant and is gone. We had big heavy wet flakes last night, but the ground was too wet for them to stick and it was above freezing. In the past, we have had some big snow storms in March, not too mention President's Day, so I am not breathing easy yet.

Joanne, your cards came yesterday. Thanks as always. I have one more pkg arriving on Tues and Deb's should be here today, since it didn't come yesterday. I will be getting the new theme posted today.
Deb, I will keep the prayers and positive thoughts flowing your way. You are a strong person, but even still, enough is enough.

We have errands to run today and then I am going to hunker down and get more page kits put together. I only have 3 more weeks.
Hello to everyone else. Make it a good one.
Dbson Offline
#2276 Posted : Saturday, February 16, 2013 9:22:02 AM(UTC)
Dbson

Good Saturday morning.....well it has been a hectic two weeks.....but we did get MIL in the assisted living facility...

Pat I see my cards are in MD....maybe they will arrive today.....

I am going to try and catch up on all the household chores that have gone lacking, plus the apartment is in bad shape....it is going to take a few days of hard work and heavy elbow grease to get it in some order....you can tell I didn't do the cleaning the last 6 weeks.....my friend is going to come up and help me do some furniture moving.....want to get it set up for hubby to go out and watch TV while I am cleaning house and he won't be banished to the computer roomBigGrin BigGrin .....

Have a great weekend and will check in later.....thanks for all the support you ladies have given during these trying days....love you all......
Gramma Offline
#2277 Posted : Saturday, February 16, 2013 9:59:04 AM(UTC)
Gramma

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 9 post(s)
Greetings from WNY... it was sunny, now its cloudy...wait another ten minutes and it will be something else. I really think our weather stinks most of the winter...

Deb, so glad to read you found an ALF for your MIL. Hopefully you and H. can take a deep breath and relax for awhile now. Sorry to read that the apt. is in such bad shape. Extra work you don't really need is stressful too. H. will be happy to move out of the computer room I bet. What's up with Gracie...??

Pat, I have 50 cards ready, but I'll wait until I get the new challenge and make more to add to it. All are GP/HB at this point. We must have different snow. Ours is sticking just fine...

Hellos to Phyllis, Jess and Joanne...

Hugz and warm wishes,
Gramma
RGK Offline
#2278 Posted : Saturday, February 16, 2013 11:57:20 AM(UTC)
RGK

United States

Good Saturday early afternoon,
it's in the 20s today and breezy. Pat, glad your snow didn't stay around so you can work on your to-do list. Winter is not over yet I'm sure, we have gotten some last minute punches in the past also. Have fun and lots of inspiration with your page kits.
Gramma, ditto on the snow, although at the moment we are snow free. There is some in the forecast though.
Deb, SOOO glad about the ALF news. Is this permanent? You and H deserve a big break, I hope you will have the belated Vday lunch and then work on the cleaning project.
Jess, hope you are enjoying your weekend and having a good SC.
Joanne, aren't you glad you were not on THAT cruise? Scary event.
I've had a busy day, laundry, started cleaning, went shopping and back to laundry and cleaning. I'm planning to do some purging in my clothes closet and where ever else is needed. Spring must be in the air although I never do official Spring cleaning. My laptop has been giving me a headache, something about not shutting down right. It's working ok now but a little slow. Might have to take and have it checked. I back up the few files I have on it but I also have a program loaded that I don't want to risk losing. Always something.
Well, back to my chores. Good day/evening to the castle, hello to all. Renate
RGK Offline
#2279 Posted : Saturday, February 16, 2013 11:59:41 AM(UTC)
RGK

United States

Deb, love your picture....Smile ThumpUp
Nana22Nina22 Offline
#2280 Posted : Saturday, February 16, 2013 1:17:44 PM(UTC)
Nana22Nina22

Happy Saturday!
Had a good time in Paradise last night and am pretty well set for the three day crop next weekend. I'll have the two baby albums to work on and can always do some card tops if I finish or get bored. I will have plenty of scraps etc with me!!
Forgot to mention those manatees--- there were about four of them making baby manatees. Maybe we will have a new arrival next spring :)
Renate - Boy am I ever glad we were not on that cruise. The cabins and bathrooms are not all that big and I cannot even imagine how horrific it must have been. Our next cruise is in March with Carnival. Have my fingers crossed! That cruise line really needs to straighten up their act... Our big cruise is next October in the Mediterranean and then across the Atlantic. It is with Royal Caribbean. That is the one that we originally booked with Carnival and they cancelled it. It was a real pain to fix but I sure am I glad they did now!
Deb- so glad to hear that MIL got into the ALF. Will she be able to have her own furniture etc? Sorry the apt is in bad shape. All that cleaning might be a good stress release though. I hope you and Howard can do something fun for yourselves soon. <3 u 2!
Gramma - Haha on the sticky snow. Probably comes from the same clouds as that really wet rain!
Pat - glad the cards got to you okay. Yeah, I remember some of those nasty late winter storms up there. There were some real doozies too. Hope there is no repeat this year.
Jess - hope SC is going well. A shoe box swap sounds like fun. I think you could drive east through Indiana and Ohio with those cookies and then just take a right at Gramma's and hit all of us!
Hello to Phyllis - are you still traveling? Hope you are having a good time.
Joanne

Edited by user Saturday, February 16, 2013 1:19:29 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified