Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

4 Pages<1234>
♥ Raquel ♥ Offline
#31 Posted : Thursday, February 07, 2013 10:51:41 AM(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 804 time(s) in 567 post(s)
HALLELUIAH !!!

OMG! This has got to be the longest lock out yet from this forum for me!

I have been trying on and off to get on since Friday night? Saturday night? I don't even remember... DAYS!!!

Anyway, Cricut support told me a bunch of gibberish that just went in one ear and out the other but thank goodness that is over with and I can finally log in again

... now... to catch up!
 2 users thanked ♥ Raquel ♥ for this useful post.
TurtleBug on 2/7/2013(UTC), Dragonfly50 on 2/8/2013(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥ Offline
#32 Posted : Thursday, February 07, 2013 11:13:38 AM(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥

First of all... Gisele... I am so sorry that whatever bug hit this forum happened to land during your host week!

AcrossThePond: thank you so much for hosting this week and I'm sorry I was unable to announce that you were hosting. The sketches are wonderful and the extra credit will keep me on my toes. I've never done a collage so that will be quite a challenge for me. Great birthday card for your (or someone's DAD). Oh wow! I love what you did with the nautical theme card. Wonderful job on that "thank you" card and I love how big it is. I do hope your mom is doing well. We'll see you when you get back

*NanaDonna*:
I'm so sorry you and your hubby aren't feeling well and had to postpone your Vegas trip. Feel better... both of you! Oh how cute! Thanks for sharing all the pictures!

DeeScraps:
thanks for the Ad colors... getting us ready for Valentine's! Love your Valentine's card... so many different dimensions

Dragonfly50: Welcome! I'm looking forward to seeing you join us. As the others have already answered your question about the Ad colors... optional to use. I can't seem to view your attachment right now. I will comment once I'm able to see it

BingoLady:
I'm having trouble seeing attachments and will comment on your card when I can see it

TurtleBug: great use of the Ad colors on the cute cute card. Great "lucky you" card... love the use of the chain

VickieBryan1: OMG you've been busy and all your cards are so cute! I love all of them! The little lady bug cards reminds me of cupcakes for some weird reason... I just want to eat them!

Edited by user Thursday, February 07, 2013 11:15:58 AM(UTC)  | Reason: ... because I forgot something

3 users thanked ♥ Raquel ♥ for this useful post.
Dragonfly50 on 2/7/2013(UTC), Gisele on 2/8/2013(UTC), AcrossThePond on 2/9/2013(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥ Offline
#33 Posted : Thursday, February 07, 2013 11:34:12 AM(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥

Ok... now on to those I missed last week...

DeeScraps: love the card with the little girl holding the heart. Beautiful flower arrangement. Ok, what is that flourish you used in the background? I must have it! Beautiful Valentine's card... loving all those hearts

TurtleBug: wow... beautiful purplish card... great job on the crushed flower. Very pretty "wish" card... I keep forgetting to add butterflies to my cards! Awesome "all-star" card... great use of that sketch

Nancy J.: I'm having trouble with attached images but from what I can see... your card is so cute. I'm loving that image of the girl with the laptop. Love your "love" card in your blog... that is a great cut!

Gisele:
beautiful Christmas card... love the giant bell and the papers. Wow wow wow... your tag card is amazing! Beautiful job. the Christmas deer is so cute! Great card and love those same papers

AcrossThePond: cute cute DDF card... that bear with the balloons... LOL... too cute! Great birthday card with all the circles... love the colors. Great use of the DDF bee... cute card!

SandyPalmer: I can't click on your attachment... I'll go back once I can

BingoLady:
I'm still having trouble with attachments. I'll go back to view your card once this problem goes away

Joyful Carol: no attachment viewing for me... I'll have to go back to your card once I can view again

LisaW.: I'll go back to view your cards once I no longer have this attachment viewing problem

*NanaDonna*: beautiful "thinking of you" card... love how you made all the flowers

britishgirl:
I'll have to go back to view your card once I'm no longer having problems viewing attachments

christineramey8b61e521:
very pretty "blessing" card... love the cupcake and that trim with the ribbon

I apologize to the cards I missed commenting on. I can't seem to view any attached cards at the moment. Hopefully, this problem will get fixed soon

Edited by user Thursday, February 07, 2013 11:35:51 AM(UTC)  | Reason: ... because I forgot something

3 users thanked ♥ Raquel ♥ for this useful post.
TurtleBug on 2/7/2013(UTC), Gisele on 2/8/2013(UTC), AcrossThePond on 2/9/2013(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥ Offline
#34 Posted : Thursday, February 07, 2013 11:38:46 AM(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥

Alright... time to post some cards!

Sketch 1 from Gisele's host week plus Ad colors from the same week

Cartridge used: Art Philosophy

This is my first time making rolled up flowers... I hope you like them
 1 user thanked ♥ Raquel ♥ for this useful post.
Dragonfly50 on 2/7/2013(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥ Offline
#35 Posted : Thursday, February 07, 2013 11:40:43 AM(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥

Sketch 2 also from Gisele's host week

♥ Raquel ♥ Offline
#36 Posted : Thursday, February 07, 2013 11:42:38 AM(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥

Sketch 3 also from Gisele's host week plus the Ad colors from Sandy's host week

I made two copies of this card to use up the triangle scraps
♥ Raquel ♥ Offline
#37 Posted : Thursday, February 07, 2013 11:44:07 AM(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥

... and this one is really late!

Sketch 1 from Sandy's host week

Cartridge used: Home Decor
SandyPalmer Offline
#38 Posted : Thursday, February 07, 2013 12:06:24 PM(UTC)
SandyPalmer

Was thanked: 916 time(s) in 520 post(s)
Sue, thanks for hosting! It looks like you gave us plenty of opportunities to think about what to make! Nice sketches too! Wonderful guy cards! Love how the first one folds! Both are very good looking and very manly! :) Oh Sue, love the look of your last card as well!

Dee, very pretty ad colors! Oh, I like the look of your Valentine's Day card! Love the top paper with the banner and the twine!

Dragonfly, welcome aboard! BigGrin Wow, great job on your Valentine card! I can't believe it's your first challenge card! Looks really good!

Turtlebug, nice fall color card, and very crisp and clean looking! Very soft sketch 2 card in the ad colors!

BingoLady, nice Christmas card! You can never start to early in making them I believe!

VickieBryan, very cute cards!

Donna, sorry to hear that your DH is sick! Love when you share pictures! BigGrin

Raquel, lovely sketch 1 card from last week! Those rolled flowers are very pretty! Great job on tackling sketch 2 card too! Very nice look! Fun sketch 3 card! Beautiful Christmas card!

Sorry I haven't been able to get on here since Saturday as well! So frustrating! On the weekend, I couldn't even see any of the cards anyone had made! Sad It was crazy!
Here is a twist to sketch 2!

SandyPalmer attached the following image(s):
001101.jpg
 4 users thanked SandyPalmer for this useful post.
TurtleBug on 2/7/2013(UTC), ♥ Raquel ♥ on 2/7/2013(UTC), Dragonfly50 on 2/7/2013(UTC), AcrossThePond on 2/9/2013(UTC)
TurtleBug Offline
#39 Posted : Thursday, February 07, 2013 12:55:41 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

Was thanked: 905 time(s) in 576 post(s)
Originally Posted by: *NanaDonna* Go to Quoted Post
Ha ha ha Dee you asked for it, Here are some pictures from Emma's 2nd birthday part
Here is all the kids that were at her party, Emma had a blast running around with all of them. 7 of the kids are Lydia's grandkids 2 are Josie's grandkids

Donna,
You forgot someone!!LOL
Except for Emma and my two grandchildren on the left, all the rest of the grandkids are BingoLady's.LOL LOL

Edited by user Thursday, February 07, 2013 12:59:56 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

♥ Raquel ♥ Offline
#40 Posted : Thursday, February 07, 2013 1:11:41 PM(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥

TurtleBug wrote:
Donna,
You forgot someone!!LOL
Except for Emma and my two grandchildren on the left, all the rest of the grandkids are BingoLady's.LOL LOL

Awesome picture of the grandkids! Thanks for sharing this precious image.

It would seem that some two ladies have quite a bit of catching up to a special lady with all the grandkids! BigGrin
Dragonfly50 Offline
#41 Posted : Thursday, February 07, 2013 1:59:25 PM(UTC)
Dragonfly50

United States

Was thanked: 1219 time(s) in 728 post(s)
Sorry about the card picture.

It looks like some of our pics that were there won't open now, mine included.

This has been a problem in other forums also.

It started right after PC was down for maintenance.

Someone notified PC about the issue. (I'd try to call but I have no voice right now. lol)

It looked like it was fixed for awhile but is a problem again.

I see by the comments my picture was there then not then there then not.
OR it may just be there for some and not others. WEIRD!!!

Hope this issue gets resolved soon.

D-

*NanaDonna* Offline
#42 Posted : Thursday, February 07, 2013 3:06:59 PM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Was thanked: 2544 time(s) in 1319 post(s)
Raquel so nice to see you back and WOW you have been busy! Catching up to Bingolady with grandkids, well not me we are working on great-grandchildren Emma is our great-grandchild.

Josie - I know when Lydia was here she told me there were 8 of her grandkidsBlushing OOPS!

Yeah!!!! I got a card done, it is Sketch #2
It fits into the collage extra credit as I printed the pictures from Digital Collage Papers that TurtleBug told me about THANKS.
Also fits into extra credit #3, the "happy birthday" is from Extreme Fonts that is free right now in CCR. Since the letters are so thin and small I drew it with my sketch pens instead of cutting it. I had not used these fonts yet. Paper is from K & Company Barbara Walton stack.
TFL

1 user thanked *NanaDonna* for this useful post.
LisaW. Offline
#43 Posted : Thursday, February 07, 2013 3:37:28 PM(UTC)
LisaW.

United States

Was thanked: 135 time(s) in 92 post(s)
Hello ladies

Since the mb is still out of sorts, for the ladies that use photobucket...is it easy to use. I need step by step instructions that was why attaching the files to my post was easy:)

This morning I could view all the postings...this afternoon I cannot. I have cleared by browser and it still didn't work. Seems like everytime they do "maintenance" it takes weeks for it to get back in sorts.

Thank you
Lisa
christineramey8b61e521 Offline
#44 Posted : Friday, February 08, 2013 10:31:21 AM(UTC)
christineramey8b61e521

Was thanked: 72 time(s) in 51 post(s)
I can't guarantee how much I will get done this week. Lots going on over the weekend at our place. I live on a retreat center and we are having a motorcycle group that my father is a part of, so I will be preoccupied with that.

Also, I may be having put my beloved pet. . .Betty. . .down taking her to the vet today to determine what I need to do for her. My heart is broken over this, I have had this dog for years and I'm not dealing with it well. So I'm having to keep my mind preoccupied today to keep from thinking about it so much. I do not want to have to do this, but will if it is her only option for treatment. That's why I'm going to the vet. .. letting the vet make that decision. I adopted my girl in 2004 and she was five years old then approximately. So you know she is quite old. She is blind and she has a tumor on her it is benign but I'm not sure what is wrong with her. Please think about me today for encouragement. . .I'm going to try and see if I can post a picture of her here. . .you know how this forum is . . .so if I can't I apologize in advance. Thanks everyone. Will get back to card making as soon as I can. :)
#45 Posted : Friday, February 08, 2013 10:40:36 AM(UTC)
christineramey8b61e521

I'm going to try this again with a photobucket link and see how this does. Really want you guys to see my sweet girl. . .http://i1298.photobucket.com/albums/ag44/Harley19721/betty-harley014-001_zps1514a08a.jpg let me know how it does for you. Thanks.
#46 Posted : Friday, February 08, 2013 10:41:52 AM(UTC)
christineramey8b61e521

#47 Posted : Friday, February 08, 2013 10:45:48 AM(UTC)
christineramey8b61e521

Originally Posted by: LisaW. Go to Quoted Post
Hello ladies

Since the mb is still out of sorts, for the ladies that use photobucket...is it easy to use. I need step by step instructions that was why attaching the files to my post was easy:)

This morning I could view all the postings...this afternoon I cannot. I have cleared by browser and it still didn't work. Seems like everytime they do "maintenance" it takes weeks for it to get back in sorts.

Thank you
Lisa

I just used photobucket and it wasn't hard at all. It's all new and I had to sign up with a new account but once you sign up you just load your image to the account and then when you click on the picture you want you can click on the links tabs. Then you put your cursor onto the link and press copy. After you have copied your link then you come here and see up above you will go to the 8th thingie up there where the b, i, and u is. Then, you will press on that this is the link button for in here, you will press on it and you will paste your link from photobucket into it and pres the button to create it and you are done! I hope this explains it clearly for you if not I'll try to guide you or someone else can explain it maybe better than I can.

Christine. :)

SandyPalmer Offline
#48 Posted : Friday, February 08, 2013 11:00:18 AM(UTC)
SandyPalmer

Was thanked: 916 time(s) in 520 post(s)
Raquel, congrats on your win at DDF at My Paper Crafting! BigGrin

Donna, that is so neat that all the grand kids were able to get to together all at one time! BigGrin Oh Donna, very pretty collage card! Those center flower strips are lovely! You matched paper to go with it beautifully!

Christine, I am so sorry about your dog! I saw the picture of her and she is a cutie! I know how much pets become one of the family! I will keep you in my prayers!
 1 user thanked SandyPalmer for this useful post.
♥ Raquel ♥ on 2/8/2013(UTC)
#49 Posted : Friday, February 08, 2013 12:03:58 PM(UTC)
christineramey8b61e521

Christine, I am so sorry about your dog! I saw the picture of her and she is a cutie! I know how much pets become one of the family! I will keep you in my prayers![/quote]

Thanks Sandy. Off to the vet here in a bit. I appreciate the prayers. I think I'll try to post my pics this way from now on instead of seeing them on my blog. That was the simplest way I've done that! Laugh
♥ Raquel ♥ Offline
#50 Posted : Friday, February 08, 2013 1:14:33 PM(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥

Well I can finally see attachments... at least for now

So here goes... from last week first...

SandyPalmer:
love the wedding "poster"... keep us updated when you're finished with them

BingoLady: very pretty Valentine's card, love the picture of the rose. Great use of the ribbons to make your diamonds for sketch 3... very very pretty

Joyful Carol:
wow your birthday elephant card is so cute! Love everything about this. Oooh what a great sketch 3... love that buckle and the image of the laptop

LisaW.: love all your cards from last week... great papers on all three of them... I especially love the color combo you used with the zebra print

Nancy J.: your "hugs and kisses" card from last week turned out so well! Love all the cuts and glitter

britishgirl:
oh what a cute "love" card... the image of the girl is so cute
♥ Raquel ♥ Offline
#51 Posted : Friday, February 08, 2013 1:18:59 PM(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥

BingoLady: cute Christmas card... love the papers you used for this

Dragonfly50:
cute cute very clean Valentine's card and you used the Ad colors! Awesome

SandyPalmer:
your "just a note" card turned out well... I really like the neutral tones... very pretty!

*NanaDonna*:
very pretty sketch 2... love the images on each panel
Dragonfly50 on 2/8/2013(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥ Offline
#52 Posted : Friday, February 08, 2013 1:21:39 PM(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥

*NanaDonna* wrote:
Raquel so nice to see you back and WOW you have been busy! Catching up to Bingolady with grandkids, well not me we are working on great-grandchildren Emma is our great-grandchild.

You know... I think I actually knew that! HAH HAH HAH! Sorry for the mistakeBlushing
♥ Raquel ♥ Offline
#53 Posted : Friday, February 08, 2013 1:26:42 PM(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥

christineramey8b61e521 wrote:
I can't guarantee how much I will get done this week. Lots going on over the weekend at our place. I live on a retreat center and we are having a motorcycle group that my father is a part of, so I will be preoccupied with that.

Also, I may be having put my beloved pet. . .Betty. . .down taking her to the vet today to determine what I need to do for her. My heart is broken over this, I have had this dog for years and I'm not dealing with it well. So I'm having to keep my mind preoccupied today to keep from thinking about it so much. I do not want to have to do this, but will if it is her only option for treatment. That's why I'm going to the vet. .. letting the vet make that decision. I adopted my girl in 2004 and she was five years old then approximately. So you know she is quite old. She is blind and she has a tumor on her it is benign but I'm not sure what is wrong with her. Please think about me today for encouragement. . .I'm going to try and see if I can post a picture of her here. . .you know how this forum is . . .so if I can't I apologize in advance. Thanks everyone. Will get back to card making as soon as I can. :)

I'm so so sorry to hear this... it's always heart breaking. I've had my share of such heartbreaks and I can't imagine why I keep adopting! LOL! In all seriousness... the puppy we adopted almost three months ago is my fourth child... yes, they are part of the family and that's just the way it is. *HUGS*

TurtleBug Offline
#54 Posted : Friday, February 08, 2013 2:03:53 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

Was thanked: 905 time(s) in 576 post(s)
Hi Ladies!
Here is my Collage card...I am not too sure exactly what a Collage Card is, but I assume it is the same as a regular Collage picture.... with just a bunch of mish-mash on it. So, here it is and I added as much as the card would hold!LOL LOL LOL Hope I got it right!!

This is my Collage Card Challenge:

Poster - Downloaded from Pintrest
Tag - SpellBinder
OK Smile - CTMH acrylic stamp from the "It's Your Day" Constant Campaign
Camera - Internet downloaded
Eyelet Lace - From SASS Fabric Store

Printed Paper - Gift from NanaDonna...not sure, but think she printed it herself. I liked the old-fashion look to it for this card.

I added a brown feather, gold buttons with yellow Twine, white and yellow Hat Pins, brass Brads and Gold Gems to the bottom corner. I used brown stamping ink around the tag and camera photo.

Tried to add the kitchen sink too...but, it wouldn't fit!!LOL LOL Just a joke!

TFL!!Smile

Edited by user Monday, February 11, 2013 9:21:14 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user thanked TurtleBug for this useful post.
Dragonfly50 on 2/8/2013(UTC)
BingoLady Offline
#55 Posted : Friday, February 08, 2013 3:30:21 PM(UTC)
BingoLady

Was thanked: 913 time(s) in 614 post(s)
Hi Ladies

Please ignore this post, I'm just practicing how to use Photobucket.
THANKS!!
BingoLady

Edited by user Friday, February 08, 2013 3:40:15 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Gisele Offline
#56 Posted : Friday, February 08, 2013 4:10:38 PM(UTC)
Gisele

Was thanked: 549 time(s) in 339 post(s)
Dee – Great sketch #1 in the ad colours too. The layering and pattern paper look so great!

Turtlebug –that’s a perfect guy card with “manly” type embellishments and colours. Maple leaf brads are a nice touch! Great Sketch #2 card – it’s always great to hear how the three of you gift little treasures to each other and use them on your creations! Is #19 in the photo that Donna posted the famous soccer player that you go and watch? Wow!!! Love your collage card – I share your thoughts about a collage card and just adding layers of “mish-mash”. Your card is gorgeous! Love the vintage feel and all the great details.

Bingo Lady – I’m having trouble enlarging photos but I really like your choice of paper and positioning of all the elements. Is that a nice snowflake near the ribbon?

Dragonfly – Thanks for joining in! Great collage card in the ad colours! The double hearts look really good!

Sue – That’s a wonderful guy card – really like your choice of paper, even if they are oldies. Beautiful collage card! Lots of work and so many wonderful little details ! Your “thank you” card turned out really well too and the bow would be a nice addition! Sorry to hear that your mother is not well – sending thoughts your way.

Vickie – Adorable Valentine Cards! That lady bug is my favourite!

Donna – TFS the photos – so nice to see the grandkids and great-grandkids. Emma seems like she had a lot of fun and is ready for bed at the end of the day. Great collage card Donna and also using one card for three elements of this week’s challenge. Lovely papers too!

Raquel – wow you have been busy! Very elegant Christmas card from last week’s challenge and your rolled flowers look really good! Great interpretation of Sketch #2 from last week! Love the colour combination of Sketch #3. Love your Christmas card from Sandy’s sketches – the pattern paper and solids all tie in so nicely! Great poinsettia and greenery!

Sandy – That is a great Sketch #2 – love the neutral colours accented with the black!

Christine sorry to hear about your beloved dog!

Edited by user Friday, February 08, 2013 4:15:26 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

4 users thanked Gisele for this useful post.
Dragonfly50 on 2/9/2013(UTC), AcrossThePond on 2/9/2013(UTC), ♥ Raquel ♥ on 2/10/2013(UTC), TurtleBug on 2/11/2013(UTC)
Gisele Offline
#57 Posted : Friday, February 08, 2013 4:13:26 PM(UTC)
Gisele

Here is my interpretation of a collage card and it also is a guy card.

Lots of Cricut Cartridges: Art Deco for the frame and word DAD, Celebrations for the party hat; From My Kitchen for the tab folder; Creative Memories Holiday Frames and Tags for the tag and pennants. Added brads, buttons and twine.

1 user thanked Gisele for this useful post.
Dragonfly50 on 2/9/2013(UTC)
Gisele Offline
#58 Posted : Friday, February 08, 2013 4:44:50 PM(UTC)
Gisele

Lisa - I have only been using Photobucket for a few weeks. Here are my instructions but I'm sure others can give you better/easier way to do it.

In Photobucket, I just click on the "Upload" tab, then browse files on computer and pick the one I want. While Still in Photobucket, once your image is uploaded, you'll see on the right hand side "Image links". Click on the one that says "Direct Link" and then you'll see that the link is copied.

Then in the Message forum type your reply as you usually do then you click on the symbol of "insert image" and it says to type in message url. Just hold the Control key plus the letter v, and your link copied from Photobucket is then inserted. Click Ok. Then it asks for Image description and just hit OK.

I hope this makes sense and works for you!
Nancy J. Offline
#59 Posted : Friday, February 08, 2013 5:16:11 PM(UTC)
Nancy J.

Was thanked: 113 time(s) in 71 post(s)
Hi everyone... I would like to thank Sue and Sandy for doing this week's hosting...Great job!!! Dee thanks for the wonderful ad colors.

All the cards posted are really great looking and I keep checking to see all the great posts. Sorry I can't post comments on each but have been busy this week also.... Megan (granddaughter) is still home from school but she is doing great .... good news from dr she only has to have antiboitic IV therapy this week then she will be able to take the antiboitics by mouth for months but that won't hold this child back... she will be able to get back to normal... back to school and being with friends... So she is looking forward to going to school on Monday.

Then also this week one of my very close friends had a car accident due to icy roads... she totaled her car but she was not hurt in the accident physically but there was an 81 year old man who stopped to help her and keep her safe from harm... he was trying to stop all traffic but one car could not stop due to the icy roads and they ran him down and he died at the hospital... my friend is so very upset so I have been spending time chatting with her.

So hope my world gets back to normal soon and I can come back and join in... maybe next week!!!!
#60 Posted : Friday, February 08, 2013 8:29:56 PM(UTC)
christineramey8b61e521

Thank you everyone for your concern and prayers they are much appreciated. Took my baby to the vet today and needless to say I was extremely disappointed with the vet. All she wanted was to charge me a bunch of money for procedures and then gave my dog a rabbies shot without my permission. I was hot when I left. I will not be back to them!

We are considering taking her to a different clinic next week and have them look at her and see if they see what I do. I do not want to sit day in and day out and watch her suffer which is what I'm doing now, and needless to say it breaks my heart to watch. So I'm just praying for some real answers to her care and to see what we need to do with her. Will keep everyone updated as I can. Again thank you for your concerns and prayers. My heart is completely breaking down right now!

Raquel you are right when you say they become family. I adopted her in 2004 and things have never been the same since! :) Sorry you have had to go through it four different times!