Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

linda.nystrome2ed065a Offline
#1 Posted : Thursday, January 31, 2013 2:24:21 PM(UTC)
linda.nystrome2ed065a

Groups: Registered

Hello, a Newbie here,

I just purchased an Expression and want to access the Craft Room but am unable to install the software on my Linux machine (running Ubuntu). Angry

Was surprised and disappointed to find PC only supports Windows and Mac. Has anyone figured out a way to get around this problem?m Confused

Thanks in advance for your help!
BlingPrincessRia Offline
#2 Posted : Saturday, May 18, 2013 4:37:09 PM(UTC)
BlingPrincessRia

Groups: Registered

I'm bookmarking this thread because I, too, am looking for this same answer. I have a Windows 8 laptop and was having difficulty with the computer recognizing my Cricut. Because it wouldn't recognize the Cricut, I couldn't update the firmware or anything. Without the computer recognizing the Cricut, I couldn't call tech support.

I recently installed Ubuntu 13.04 and dual-boot it alongside Windows 8. I have the option of booting into Windows 8 or Ubuntu 13.04. Since I have most everything else now on the Ubuntu side, I just use Ubuntu now. The only thing I haven't found a workaround for installing is CCR. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Hey, PC, what about adding Linux support for CCR? Does anyone know if CDS is supported by Linux? Because I have CDS already. I'd prefer CCR, but if CDS will work, I will use it. There are things I really like about both: CCR's "grouping" and auto-welding, and CDR's tabbed pages. And both I like being able to see exactly where my cut will be, and make sure it will fit in the spot I have allotted for it, and measure the spot on the project and make sure the cut will fit where I want it to go. Without being able to use my computer to operate the Cricut, I am wasting a lot of paper. :(