Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

KristyHerring Offline
#1 Posted : Tuesday, January 29, 2013 12:27:57 PM(UTC)
KristyHerring

Groups: Registered

I need to cut some vinyl letters that are at least 12" tall, preferably larger. I have the 12x24 mats and a Gypsy and I know I can turn the letters sideways to make them taller than 12" BUT I need to make a whole phrase and I am wondering how to keep the sizing consistent for all the letters. To get the letters as large as I want them I will only be able to put one letter per layer on my Gypsy screen, 2 if I'm able to squeeze them in but the only way I know size them is one letter at the time. Lower case letters, as you know, are not all the same size, an "a" being shorter than "b" etc. Has anyone ever had to work around this? What did you do? HELP!
CricutGena Offline
#2 Posted : Tuesday, January 29, 2013 8:16:21 PM(UTC)
CricutGena

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member, Circle Moderator, Cricut Community Moderator

Was thanked: 971 time(s) in 308 post(s)
Originally Posted by: KristyHerring Go to Quoted Post
I need to cut some vinyl letters that are at least 12" tall, preferably larger. I have the 12x24 mats and a Gypsy and I know I can turn the letters sideways to make them taller than 12" BUT I need to make a whole phrase and I am wondering how to keep the sizing consistent for all the letters. To get the letters as large as I want them I will only be able to put one letter per layer on my Gypsy screen, 2 if I'm able to squeeze them in but the only way I know size them is one letter at the time. Lower case letters, as you know, are not all the same size, an "a" being shorter than "b" etc. Has anyone ever had to work around this? What did you do? HELP!

Hello Kristy! I can suggest that if you are using the Gypsy, make sure you are using real dial size. This will add all images to your mat at 12 inches tall. (Or whatever height you have designated as your default size.) You can compare them all on your Gypsy as you add them to make sure that they are exactly what you want!

I hope that this helps!

-Cricut Gena