Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

~JD~ Offline
#1 Posted : Wednesday, January 23, 2013 2:44:45 PM(UTC)
~JD~

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 1158 time(s) in 899 post(s)
OMGosh it's getting close now LOL. I haven't even unpack all the way from my FL. trip, I left my summer clothes in the suitcase. My bad! I need some warm weather it's been below zero a lot here lately. Burrrr!
CricketCMV Offline
#2 Posted : Wednesday, January 23, 2013 6:53:27 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 7600 time(s) in 4449 post(s)
JD - We just got back from Florida on Sunday after three glorious weeks. It's soooooo hard to go outdoors....I just shudder to even think about it. I don't go out anymore than I have to. Thank goodness my DH is always ready to go to the store for me. He realizes he gets through faster than I do....seems like you always see everyone you know when you don't have time and you don't feel like you can be rude.

Where are you going! I'm guessing MANIA?

Char
gcmcevoy Offline
#3 Posted : Wednesday, January 23, 2013 8:41:24 PM(UTC)
gcmcevoy

United States

Was thanked: 702 time(s) in 607 post(s)
oh boy ! Sounds like FUN!!
Hope you have a wonderful trip!
~JD~ Offline
#4 Posted : Wednesday, January 23, 2013 8:55:32 PM(UTC)
~JD~

United States

Originally Posted by: CricketCMV Go to Quoted Post
JD - We just got back from Florida on Sunday after three glorious weeks. It's soooooo hard to go outdoors....I just shudder to even think about it. I don't go out anymore than I have to. Thank goodness my DH is always ready to go to the store for me. He realizes he gets through faster than I do....seems like you always see everyone you know when you don't have time and you don't feel like you can be rude.

Where are you going! I'm guessing MANIA?

Char

We are leaving out of Tampa on Carribean Cruise lines, the ship is called {Jewel of the Sea}. We will be going to the Grand Cayman Islands & then on to Mexico. :) Can't wait. I go to Fl. about 4+ times a year but never been on a cruise before.

I'm wanting to add the cruise lines is called Royal Carribean cruise lines...I notice there are some {knock off} sites that aren't the real Royal Carribean site. It's probably because some travel agencies put these sites up.

Edited by user Thursday, January 24, 2013 1:00:59 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user thanked ~JD~ for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 1/24/2013(UTC)
Leanner Offline
#5 Posted : Thursday, January 24, 2013 9:51:19 AM(UTC)
Leanner

Groups: Circle Member, Registered

Was thanked: 1481 time(s) in 1091 post(s)
I just took my first 5 day cruise and it was very nice and lots of fun. The thing that surprised me was that I still felt like I was at sea when we got home...for 6 days!

It took my friend and I about that length of time for the sensation that everything was still gently swaying to go away. I wasn't seasick at all while on the ship. Actually I was quite the opposite. I adapted quite well to the motion... so well that it hung around, I guess Flapper

Relax and Enjoy your trip.
CricketCMV Offline
#6 Posted : Thursday, January 24, 2013 11:21:08 AM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Was thanked: 7600 time(s) in 4449 post(s)
Originally Posted by: ~JD~ Go to Quoted Post
We are leaving out of Tampa on Carribean Cruise lines, the ship is called {Jewel of the Sea}. We will be going to the Grand Cayman Islands & then on to Mexico. :) Can't wait. I go to Fl. about 4+ times a year but never been on a cruise before.

Your cruise sounds wonderful. I know you'll have a great time!

We get to Florida several times in our winter.....for about three weeks each time. Then, it's forever before we get to touch/hold/love/kiss our DGS in person. We do Skype; that's great, too, but it's not like being right there with him.

Do you go to visit family, also?

The ship you're going to be on sounds kind of special....and crafty! LOL.

Char
~JD~ Offline
#7 Posted : Thursday, January 24, 2013 12:50:42 PM(UTC)
~JD~

United States

Originally Posted by: CricketCMV Go to Quoted Post
Your cruise sounds wonderful. I know you'll have a great time!

We get to Florida several times in our winter.....for about three weeks each time. Then, it's forever before we get to touch/hold/love/kiss our DGS in person. We do Skype; that's great, too, but it's not like being right there with him.

Do you go to visit family, also?

The ship you're going to be on sounds kind of special....and crafty! LOL.

Char

Yes Char we go to see my daughter & her two kids, & I also have a sis-in-law, uncles, aunts LOL you name it I have them there in FL. only thing is, they are in different towns in FL. The ship looks nice that we are going on, we have a balcony off our room, so should be fun. Royal Carribean has some beautiful ships, & this Jewel of the Sea just happened to be one option for the dates we wanted to go. :)

Janis
Shelly Offline
#8 Posted : Thursday, January 24, 2013 12:50:43 PM(UTC)
Shelly

United States

Was thanked: 282 time(s) in 246 post(s)
Have fun! You will love cruising. I have been on about 14. We are having horribly cold weather (well for us) with awful inversions, so no one wants to go outside and breathe the gunk. My husband is searching for a deal to go on a cruise to get out of this awful mess.
~JD~ Offline
#9 Posted : Thursday, January 24, 2013 12:56:31 PM(UTC)
~JD~

United States

Originally Posted by: Leanner Go to Quoted Post
I just took my first 5 day cruise and it was very nice and lots of fun. The thing that surprised me was that I still felt like I was at sea when we got home...for 6 days!

It took my friend and I about that length of time for the sensation that everything was still gently swaying to go away. I wasn't seasick at all while on the ship. Actually I was quite the opposite. I adapted quite well to the motion... so well that it hung around, I guess Flapper

Relax and Enjoy your trip.

Can I ask which cruise lines you took & how it was? I hear all these cruise lines are very accommodating....Did you do any off ship excursions? I am going to try to go to the Mayan Ruins in Mexico. Snorkeling would be great too. We'll see. Maybe the ship will sway me to sleep at night LOL.
A friend of mine said when she went on a cruise she wore her swim suit most of the time LOL.
~JD~ Offline
#10 Posted : Thursday, January 24, 2013 1:39:21 PM(UTC)
~JD~

United States

Originally Posted by: Shelly Go to Quoted Post
Have fun! You will love cruising. I have been on about 14. We are having horribly cold weather (well for us) with awful inversions, so no one wants to go outside and breathe the gunk. My husband is searching for a deal to go on a cruise to get out of this awful mess.

My gosh! Salt Lake City Utah was just on the news talking about the air quality & how dangerous it is!!OhMyGod Scared They say it's dangerous & just like standing next to someone smoking & breathing it in.Sad A doctor was saying it can affect every cell in your body being outside in this air............There is an ice mist which keeps this air down so it won't circulate off into the atmosphere.
Hope this lifts soon for all the Utah people.

Edited by user Thursday, January 24, 2013 1:40:45 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Leanner Offline
#11 Posted : Thursday, January 24, 2013 6:19:01 PM(UTC)
Leanner

Groups: Circle Member, Registered

Was thanked: 1481 time(s) in 1091 post(s)
I just went on a Carnival cruise to the Bahamas and Key West on one the of smaller, older boats. The decor was a bit dated but it was very,very clean and the food was quite good. The Cruise was rather well organized too.

It was just myself and three of my girlfriends taking a birthday cruise without our families.

We didn't take any excursions because the other girls just wanted to walk,shop and relax. There were a couple that looked fun though. We were pretty happpy just not to have to cook and clean Flapper Sitting around the pool getting some sun while young men brought us drinks kinda ranked up there too...

Our little boat docked up next to the Royal Carribean's Allure of the Sea. It was quite a size difference! Still, we had a good time and it was pretty inexpensive.
TatianaBelova Offline
#12 Posted : Thursday, January 24, 2013 6:40:57 PM(UTC)
TatianaBelova

Was thanked: 2509 time(s) in 1440 post(s)
Janis I wish you have a great trip! I know you will, come back and tell us about it. It's been freezing here this week, with no snow it's just terrible.

Tatiana
Leahdax Offline
#13 Posted : Thursday, January 24, 2013 8:50:45 PM(UTC)
Leahdax

United States

Was thanked: 354 time(s) in 253 post(s)

WOW! 14 cruises. Were they all from Salt Lake City? How do you afford the airfare.

Edited to add:

What I mean is, did you have to fly out of Salt Lake to your departure port.

Edited by user Thursday, January 24, 2013 9:32:51 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Leahdax Offline
#14 Posted : Thursday, January 24, 2013 9:53:04 PM(UTC)
Leahdax

United States

Well, I won't be able to get away from this dismal air, but my DH and I are going on our first cruise in August BigGrin We'll be sailing to the Caribbean on the Carnival Breeze. We can't cruise in the fall or spring when it's cheaper since our DD is in Jr High/middle school. But, we are thinking about trying to do a 4-day Baha Mexico cruise next year for spring break since LA is close enough for us to drive to. I'd rather do a 5-day cruise that includes Cozumel, but having to buy airline tickets for 3 makes it pricey. Any tips from you frequent cruiser on how to make it more affordable?
~JD~ Offline
#15 Posted : Friday, January 25, 2013 6:00:32 PM(UTC)
~JD~

United States

Originally Posted by: Leahdax Go to Quoted Post
Well, I won't be able to get away from this dismal air, but my DH and I are going on our first cruise in August BigGrin We'll be sailing to the Caribbean on the Carnival Breeze. We can't cruise in the fall or spring when it's cheaper since our DD is in Jr High/middle school. But, we are thinking about trying to do a 4-day Baha Mexico cruise next year for spring break since LA is close enough for us to drive to. I'd rather do a 5-day cruise that includes Cozumel, but having to buy airline tickets for 3 makes it pricey. Any tips from you frequent cruiser on how to make it more affordable?

This is my first cruise, I do have a son in 10th grade but my hubby is staying home this trip. I'm going with a few other people. So time wasn't an issue for me & I only have to buy airfare for myself. If my husband & son were going we would drive, we drive to FL. a few times a year as is. I won't drive 24 hours by myself LOL, but as I said if all 3 of us were we would drive. Hubby has an issue with planes!
I will be going to Cozumel Mexico, so will let you know how it goes.

I know we have a few members on here that go on cruises, so hopefully they will help you with more info.....BigGrin
Leahdax Offline
#16 Posted : Saturday, January 26, 2013 3:09:16 PM(UTC)
Leahdax

United States

Originally Posted by: ~JD~ Go to Quoted Post
This is my first cruise, I do have a son in 10th grade but my hubby is staying home this trip. I'm going with a few other people. So time wasn't an issue for me & I only have to buy airfare for myself. If my husband & son were going we would drive, we drive to FL. a few times a year as is. I won't drive 24 hours by myself LOL, but as I said if all 3 of us were we would drive. Hubby has an issue with planes!
I will be going to Cozumel Mexico, so will let you know how it goes.

I know we have a few members on here that go on cruises, so hopefully they will help you with more info.....BigGrin

I can't imagine going on a vacation, much less a cruise without my DH. My DH had issues with planes, too, but he doesn't let it stop him from flying - he likes getting where he's going in a few hours instead of a few days BigGrin

We just got approved for a CapitalOne Venture card, so now we'll be able to earn free miles for travel expenses. Hopefully, we'll be able to earn at least one free ticket by the time we sail. Or we might just wait til next year to use our miles so all three of us can go on a cruise. I just wish we had applied for the card last summer like we had planned, then we'd already have enough miles for a free ticket. Yeah, I'm really mad at myself about that, but I'm glad that eventually we'll be able to afford to go on real vacations, instead of just visiting relatives, which is what we usually do with our vacation time.