Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

LoraVaccher Offline
#1 Posted : Friday, January 18, 2013 5:32:54 PM(UTC)
LoraVaccher

Groups: Registered

Can someone tell me where I can find the recipe for the Gumpaste that the ladies in the Cricut Cake video mentioned. The website they said to go to no longer exists.
Huh
Cricut Dani Offline
#2 Posted : Saturday, January 19, 2013 6:18:57 PM(UTC)
Cricut Dani

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member, Circle Moderator, Cricut Community Moderator

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 15 post(s)
Originally Posted by: LoraVaccher Go to Quoted Post

Can someone tell me where I can find the recipe for the Gumpaste that the ladies in the Cricut Cake video mentioned. The website they said to go to no longer exists.
Huh

Hello LoraVaccher,

Here are a few of the cake recipes. I you would like to send me a personal message with your email address I can send you a PDF that may be helpful as well.

Recipes
.Carrie Bigger’s Gumpaste Recipe
•2 pkg unflavored gelatin (2 Tbsp)
•½ cup cold water
In a small saucepan, add the water and sprinkle the gelatin on top to soften for about 5 minutes. Begin to heat the gelatin gently. Stir until gelatin is a dissolved clear liquid. DO NOT ALLOW TO BOIL!! Turn off heat.

Add:
•2 Tbsp melted shortening
•1/3 cup white corn syrup
•Stir to combine thoroughly
•2 Lbs powdered sugar
•3 Tbsp tylose powder
Place 2 lbs powdered sugar (reserving about 2 cups) in a large glass or plastic bowl. Make a well in the center.

Pour the gelatin/corn syrup liquid into the well of sugar, and mix until nearly all of the sugar is stirred in. Pour onto counter-top which has been lightly greased with shortening and dusted with the additional powdered sugar. Sprinkle the tylose powder into the mixture. With lightly greased hands, knead, incorporating all of the powdered sugar and tylose, until it forms a smooth rubbery ball. Add additional sugar as needed. (You can use a heavy-duty stand mixer with bread dough hooks for this process).

(It should not be really sticky or too soft. With experience you will learn how “stiff” is stiff enough. Knead in as much sugar as it will take. Beginners usually make it too soft).

Wrap tightly in plastic wrap, twice. Store in gallon plastic zippered bag. Allow to rest overnight. Can be stored at room temperature for weeks. Refrigerate or freeze for extended storage time.

When ready to use, start with a baseball-sized piece and warm briefly in microwave no more than 10 seconds at a time to soften and make easier to knead.

Roll as thin as possible (approximately 1-2mm of 1/8"-1/16" thick). Brush mat with shortening. Place gumpaste on mat and roll over again to adhere to mat and remove any air bubbles. You are now ready to cut in your machine.

Carrie Bigger’s Cream Cheese Buttercream Recipe
•1 lb. cream cheese
•8 ounces butter
•1 lb high ratio shortening
•1 tsp salt
•1 Tbsp flavoring (cream bouquet, vanilla, or almond)
•4 lbs powdered sugar (more or less)
Whip shortening until light and fluffy, add cream cheese and butter, whip. Add salt and flavorings. Slowly add powdered sugar to desired spreading consistency.

-Cricut Dani
 1 user thanked Cricut Dani for this useful post.
SuzanneBlum on 3/8/2013(UTC)