Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

Olivia'sNana Offline
#1 Posted : Tuesday, January 01, 2013 6:01:22 PM(UTC)
Olivia'sNana

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 779 time(s) in 351 post(s)
Well I took off work the whole week of Christmas and have spent since Christmas cleaning out closets, decluttering, getting rid of and reorganizing stuff. As a result, my whole house looks ram sacked right now. But the important part is finished - my craft room and I love what my hubby made for me today to finish it off.

I painted my ping pong table top black - this is my main work table. Love the large space for scrapping with friends and my DIL.

I made a new desk for my laptop cricut and cartridge tower from an old countertop in hubby's shop

I hate having supplies out of sight because I forget to use them. I took a picture of the display shelf that hl uses for their stamps and asked hubby if he could make me somthing similar. And this is what he did for me today. The shelves are adjustable and have displayed all my glitters, stamps, punches and such above another desk so they are easy to see and get to.

The other shelves are what I use for my paper supplies and the paper rack is my stacks that I am so addicted to buying from HL. I'm not sure if it shows up in any of the pictures but I organzied my ribbons on a hanger. If it doesn't show, I will take a pic and post it later. I used clips to hang the ribbons from a regular dress hanger.

And the other end of the room I have setup a craft table for my granddaughter who loves to go to the "basent" when she comes over.

Edited by user Tuesday, January 01, 2013 6:09:29 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Olivia'sNana attached the following image(s):
IMG_5176 (Small).JPG
IMG_5172 (Small).JPG
IMG_5171 (Small).JPG
IMG_5170 (Small).JPG
IMG_5179 (Small).JPG
IMG_5180 (Small).JPG
IMG_5181 (Small).JPG
 3 users thanked Olivia'sNana for this useful post.
rhondah* on 1/2/2013(UTC), Angie Pangie on 1/3/2013(UTC), snkls77adad35 on 1/12/2013(UTC)
ValerieSchomburg Online
#2 Posted : Tuesday, January 01, 2013 9:28:24 PM(UTC)
ValerieSchomburg

Was thanked: 1542 time(s) in 1435 post(s)
Wow! Great room! Someday I hope to be able to get my craft supplies organized too. TFS.
scrapalette Offline
#3 Posted : Tuesday, January 01, 2013 9:34:45 PM(UTC)
scrapalette

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 18427 time(s) in 8190 post(s)
I'm sure your room is lovely, but I couldn't stop looking at the gorgeous doll house in the corner! Oh my. . .I love it! Love
MissAnn Offline
#4 Posted : Wednesday, January 02, 2013 4:31:27 AM(UTC)
MissAnn

United States

Was thanked: 395 time(s) in 302 post(s)
What a great room! It must be really large to have a ping pong table in it. Great for crops! I like seeing as much as possible too. You did a great job.
Olivia'sNana Offline
#5 Posted : Wednesday, January 02, 2013 4:42:35 AM(UTC)
Olivia'sNana

Originally Posted by: scrapalette Go to Quoted Post
I'm sure your room is lovely, but I couldn't stop looking at the gorgeous doll house in the corner! Oh my. . .I love it! Love

Thank you scrapalette. The doll house is a work in progress and has been for about 20+ years. It has electricity and has been remodeled more times than my house. That is why I can't seem to get it finished.
Olivia'sNana Offline
#6 Posted : Wednesday, January 02, 2013 4:47:16 AM(UTC)
Olivia'sNana

Originally Posted by: MissAnn Go to Quoted Post
What a great room! It must be really large to have a ping pong table in it. Great for crops! I like seeing as much as possible too. You did a great job.

Thank you missann. I love my space and am so fortunate to have it. The space is a 24x24 basement that in it's first life was a game room/hangout for my 2boys and friends. After about 3 years of being empty nesters and procrastinating on what to do with the space, I took over and painted the walls and made it my space. I removed the side bumbers of the pool table and the ping pong table top sits on top of the pool table. It is a great space for crops or I can manage to use up the whole table all by myself.
MissAnn Offline
#7 Posted : Wednesday, January 02, 2013 5:17:30 AM(UTC)
MissAnn

United States

Was thanked: 395 time(s) in 302 post(s)
Well now, I do understand. My youngest moved out in August and was using a room in the basement as his studio. He writes music and sings, other son records his videos! Anyway, my little scrapbook room I had to share with the hot water tank and furance. It was just a (put anything in there) little room we tried to make out of something. Well son moved out and I bought pink paint! Oh yeah! Love my baby, but I told him if he comes back, He would have to have tiny studio! You see, son No.2 moved out a few years ago, but said, "I might be back in a year"! Well.....child kept his word and moved back to save money, but he never has any!! Works full time and takes pictures. Anyway, I painted and started moving into a slightly larger pink room! Best part, no noise from water tank and furance! Worst part, have not finished yet! Will post pics will I finish. It's all about the paper!
rhondah* Offline
#8 Posted : Wednesday, January 02, 2013 8:03:18 AM(UTC)
rhondah*

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 12382 time(s) in 8261 post(s)
fabulous space!!!!Wub Wub Wub
craft-mommy Offline
#9 Posted : Thursday, January 03, 2013 2:33:02 PM(UTC)
craft-mommy

United States

Was thanked: 156 time(s) in 95 post(s)
If you don't mind where did you get your paper holder? I see those type in alot of scraprooms
cricaholic Offline
#10 Posted : Saturday, January 05, 2013 12:47:02 AM(UTC)
cricaholic

Was thanked: 1172 time(s) in 667 post(s)
ThumpUp a ping pong table on top of a pool table! thats CREATIVE THINKING!!!
LOL I would LOVE to have that size table all to myselfLaugh Laugh
nice room too...
snkls77adad35 Offline
#11 Posted : Saturday, January 12, 2013 4:13:59 PM(UTC)
snkls77adad35

WOW WOW&WOWWhat a wonderful room and can tell you put in some major work organizing all of your things. Great Job!

Looking at the black crates that you have paper in ...I am wondering if they were made with divider shelves or if you used something to create them?

Thanks for sharing the pics gave me some good ideas.
Olivia'sNana Offline
#12 Posted : Sunday, January 13, 2013 9:18:16 AM(UTC)
Olivia'sNana

Originally Posted by: craft-mommy Go to Quoted Post
If you don't mind where did you get your paper holder? I see those type in alot of scraprooms

Originally Posted by: snkls77adad35 Go to Quoted Post
WOW WOW&WOWWhat a wonderful room and can tell you put in some major work organizing all of your things. Great Job!

Looking at the black crates that you have paper in ...I am wondering if they were made with divider shelves or if you used something to create them?

Thanks for sharing the pics gave me some good ideas.

craft-mommy and snkls77adad35 -I got that at hobby lobby. I don't remember what it is called. it is wire frame with plastic shelves for the paper. It can be added onto as well. The initial unit was four boxes and I later purchased a single unit to add to the base. I took a couple of closeups so you can see it better. I'm not sure if I recall seeing these at HL lately. But I really like it, it serves it's purpose well for m.

Thanks everyone for your comments. I feel really blessed to have this wonderful space. In 1994 when we added on a master suite to our house and put a basement under it, I never in my wildest imagination think it would someday become this. Besides a kids hang out space, it was primarily built for storm shelter - you know here in Oklahoma we have our fair share of tornados and it has been used for that purpose too.

Edited by user Sunday, January 13, 2013 9:21:27 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Olivia'sNana attached the following image(s):
IMG_5276 (Medium).JPG
IMG_5277 (Medium).JPG
tracyloo Offline
#13 Posted : Monday, January 14, 2013 3:54:35 PM(UTC)
tracyloo

United States

Was thanked: 40 time(s) in 36 post(s)
Oh my goodness your craft room is amazing. Makes me jealous what a great place to craft!
craft-mommy Offline
#14 Posted : Monday, January 14, 2013 4:10:23 PM(UTC)
craft-mommy

United States

Was thanked: 156 time(s) in 95 post(s)
I have to share with you BigGrin I had to take my mother-in-law Friday to the doctor and why she was at the doctors office I had to go over to Hobby Lobby well when I was looking around I FOUND the same thing on sale marked down from $49.99 to $17.99 I had to pick that thing up FAST before anyone else did..lol and I already got it set up with paper in it (still redoing my scraproom)so I guess good thing's come for the one's who wait.lol
garagesaler Offline
#15 Posted : Wednesday, January 16, 2013 11:30:33 AM(UTC)
garagesaler

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
United States

Was thanked: 2437 time(s) in 1957 post(s)
Great craft room!BigGrin
swatts66 Offline
#16 Posted : Wednesday, January 16, 2013 11:37:57 AM(UTC)
swatts66

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
United States

Was thanked: 1048 time(s) in 575 post(s)
So nice and BIG. It almost looks like a store. How lucky are you!??!!
JeannieMS Offline
#17 Posted : Monday, January 21, 2013 8:39:32 AM(UTC)
JeannieMS

Was thanked: 62 time(s) in 55 post(s)
GReat room!!!!! What are you using for your cricut carts? Looks very interesting!!
Southerngirlnc Offline
#18 Posted : Monday, January 21, 2013 7:46:22 PM(UTC)
Southerngirlnc

United States

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 5 post(s)
How clever of you to take a ping pong table and paint it for a crop table!! I am always amazed at the level of creativity I find on here. This is probably the most creative, repurposed idea I have found yet! I love your area and I am sure your friends and DIL love, love, love it! TFS!Love
Olivia'sNana Offline
#19 Posted : Wednesday, January 23, 2013 2:21:19 PM(UTC)
Olivia'sNana

Originally Posted by: JeannieMS Go to Quoted Post
GReat room!!!!! What are you using for your cricut carts? Looks very interesting!!

Jeannie, Here is a link to another post that I explained my cart storage. It is a few posts down from the start of the thread. I made it myself and it works perfect for my needs. My carts are at my fingertips. Although I use CCR exclusively, I don't want to link my carts. I don't want to do anything that I can't undo.

https://www.cricut.com/f...n-Cartridge-Storage.aspx

Edited by user Wednesday, January 23, 2013 2:24:49 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Olivia'sNana Offline
#20 Posted : Wednesday, January 23, 2013 2:23:35 PM(UTC)
Olivia'sNana

Originally Posted by: Southerngirlnc Go to Quoted Post
How clever of you to take a ping pong table and paint it for a crop table!! I am always amazed at the level of creativity I find on here. This is probably the most creative, repurposed idea I have found yet! I love your area and I am sure your friends and DIL love, love, love it! TFS!Love

Thanks for your comments. I do love my space and feel very fortunate to have it. Yes when my DIL and friends come over, we have a blast and even get a little bit of scrapping done too!lol