Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

maygan093c864714 Offline
#1 Posted : Tuesday, January 01, 2013 4:38:30 PM(UTC)
maygan093c864714

Groups: Registered

i don't know if i'm just dumb or what but i'm getting pretty frustrated with this
i'm trying to update my firmware in cricut craft room but it fails everytime i've searched everything on google and cricut website i've done everything right but it still fails can someone please help???Crying
GrammyPat Offline
#2 Posted : Wednesday, January 02, 2013 8:22:52 AM(UTC)
GrammyPat

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Crying I have tried to sync my Expression 2 to CCR and did not have any luck. I also have a Mac. Is anyone using CCR that has a Mac??
CricutGena Offline
#3 Posted : Wednesday, January 02, 2013 9:07:23 PM(UTC)
CricutGena

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member, Circle Moderator, Cricut Community Moderator

Was thanked: 971 time(s) in 308 post(s)
Hello! To Sync your Expression 2 machines you must use the Cricut Sync program. The Expression 2's do not sync to Cricut Craft Room. Once you have updated your machines through Cricut Sync you should have no issues using the Craft Room program. Here is a link to the web site where you can download the program: http://www.cricut.com/home/support/cricut-sync

I can also recommend calling customer service at 877-7cricut if you have any further questions.

-Cricut Gena
kmunson Offline
#4 Posted : Friday, January 04, 2013 12:15:38 AM(UTC)
kmunson

I am having the same problem with my Expression (original, not a 2). Since I cannot use the "Sync" feature, what should I do?
Narelle Offline
#5 Posted : Friday, January 04, 2013 5:44:30 AM(UTC)
Narelle

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Australia

Was thanked: 7604 time(s) in 3548 post(s)
Originally Posted by: kmunson Go to Quoted Post
I am having the same problem with my Expression (original, not a 2). Since I cannot use the "Sync" feature, what should I do?

Have you been prompted by CCR to update your firmware? If not, you can force it into update mode. (This works on a PC, so hopefully it will work on a Mac too.)

http://cricutcraftroomblog.blog...nto-firmware-update.html
Sacramentosal Offline
#6 Posted : Monday, January 07, 2013 1:39:35 PM(UTC)
Sacramentosal

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I have been a MAC user since time began :) Also a Cricut user for many years. I have updated all Cricut machines using the Gypsy. You download the Cricut sync app from the website (link is in above post), plug in your Gypsy (to computer) and update the Gypsy first. (clear instructions are on the website, very easy). You can then plug in your Gypsy to whatever machine you have and update from there. If you don't have a Gypsy, you can still update by plugging the machine to your computer and updating that way.

One of the best tips I got recently was: Update monthly - when you pay the rent or the mortgage, update your Gypsy. I hadn't updated for over a year and holy cow! it took 1/2 a day to update my Gypsy and then sync my new E2! Don't want to do that again!

I have not used Craft Room yet, was going to look into that today. Even if you don't have a Gypsy, you should still keep your Cricut updated. There are updates to the firmware often. REMEMBER: DO THIS MONTHLY!!! (it will take hours and hours to sync if you don't!)