Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

CraftyDisneyMom Offline
#1 Posted : Wednesday, January 02, 2013 10:47:14 PM(UTC)
CraftyDisneyMom

Groups: Registered

It seems like my Cricut only wants to load the mat from CR every once in a great while. Sometimes I have to completely shut everything down and then try again. Does anyone else have this problem?
Narelle Offline
#2 Posted : Thursday, January 03, 2013 2:09:40 AM(UTC)
Narelle

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Australia

Was thanked: 7571 time(s) in 3534 post(s)
I can't say I've had that problem with any of my Cricuts. You might try updating the firmware (if it's a Personal, Create or Expression. Or updating it with Cricut Sync if it's any of the other Cricuts.
Olivia'sNana Offline
#3 Posted : Thursday, January 03, 2013 5:30:53 AM(UTC)
Olivia'sNana

Was thanked: 768 time(s) in 346 post(s)
Are you loading/unloading the mat using the buttons on the machine or the buttons in CCR? Whichever one you are doing, try the other and see if you get consistancy. I think sometimes if I load/unload from the machine, it won't let me cut until i hit load from the ccr cut screen. I think this happens when I use one to load and the other to unload or vice versa and then I have to hit the ccr load/unload button before I can cut even though the mat is loaded in the machine using the machine buttons. I usually will use the buttons on the machine simply because my hands are already there lining up the mat.

Now that I'm thinking about this after I just typed, if you are using a mini, I think none of the above applies. I don't have one but I don't think they have any buttons on the machine, it is totally controlled by ccr ??????
CricketCMV Offline
#4 Posted : Friday, January 04, 2013 1:14:08 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 7584 time(s) in 4440 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Olivia'sNana Go to Quoted Post
Are you loading/unloading the mat using the buttons on the machine or the buttons in CCR? Whichever one you are doing, try the other and see if you get consistancy. I think sometimes if I load/unload from the machine, it won't let me cut until i hit load from the ccr cut screen. I think this happens when I use one to load and the other to unload or vice versa and then I have to hit the ccr load/unload button before I can cut even though the mat is loaded in the machine using the machine buttons. I usually will use the buttons on the machine simply because my hands are already there lining up the mat.

Now that I'm thinking about this after I just typed, if you are using a mini, I think none of the above applies. I don't have one but I don't think they have any buttons on the machine, it is totally controlled by ccr ??????

The MINI works by loading the mat manually with the up/down arrow on the right side of the machine.

My Expression can be a little finicky sometimes if I don't have the mat just in the right area on the machine ready to load. It has to be lined up just right before the mat will load. Sometimes, just exerting the pressure forward as you load (pushing with your hand at the back of the mat to place it in the area to load just at the right spot helps.

Char
CraftyDisneyMom Offline
#5 Posted : Friday, January 04, 2013 6:55:28 PM(UTC)
CraftyDisneyMom

I am using the CCR to load it. I have tried both the buttons on the machine and the ones on CCR. I think I have the personal. It has the 6 x 12 mat.
phughes429601849 Offline
#6 Posted : Saturday, January 05, 2013 6:46:30 PM(UTC)
phughes429601849

I've had the problem also. I have learned to plug in the usb before turning my Cricut on and then I only use the craft room load /unload