Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

little_e_fan811596f566b2 Offline
#1 Posted : Wednesday, January 02, 2013 5:45:07 PM(UTC)
little_e_fan811596f566b2

Groups: Registered

So I have finally got around to scrapbooking my wedding and it is driving me up a wall. I have had a Cricut Expression and was using the Design Studio and now I'm using the Craft Room and I am about ready to pay someone to do this for me. I know I will get faster in time but with this learning curve trying to figure it all out I am ready to pull my hair out! Calgon please take me away!
Godot's Girl Offline
#2 Posted : Thursday, January 03, 2013 2:08:13 PM(UTC)
Godot's Girl

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States
Location: Too far from the farm! MQ pg.13, #388; Circle MQ pg. 4, #98

Was thanked: 2418 time(s) in 1513 post(s)
Oh my, what a dilemma! Do not give up though...it will mean so much more if you do it yourself, if you really like to scrapbook that is. If it is not something you love, and it is becoming something you hate, than by all means pay somebody to do it...why lose your love of scrapbooking over one project? My advice?....take a deep breath, give yourself a break, and walk away for a few hours, days, weeks...don't talk about it. look at it, touch it, buy anything for it, don't even think about it. Then, look through your pictures, and pick one that you love. Build a page around it. Do this a few times, and I think you will find it easier to get back into your project. As far as the learning curve, we all have had that on something. Try playing around with cuts that are not for your book...something that is just for fun, but not important. That should help to take the stress out of it. You are wanting to make things perfect, because it is for your wedding...too much stress if you are still learning how to use something, like the craft room. I sure hope something in there helps. Happy New Year! Blessings, GG
 1 user thanked Godot's Girl for this useful post.
little_e_fan811596f566b2 on 1/3/2013(UTC)
cricutcrazylisa Offline
#3 Posted : Thursday, January 03, 2013 6:34:32 PM(UTC)
cricutcrazylisa

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered

Was thanked: 109 time(s) in 81 post(s)
Originally Posted by: little_e_fan811596f566b2 Go to Quoted Post
So I have finally got around to scrapbooking my wedding and it is driving me up a wall. I have had a Cricut Expression and was using the Design Studio and now I'm using the Craft Room and I am about ready to pay someone to do this for me. I know I will get faster in time but with this learning curve trying to figure it all out I am ready to pull my hair out! Calgon please take me away!

Don't rush yourself! give yourself some time, allow yourself to enjoy it. It's your story no body else can tell it quite as well as you!
Lisa
TammyPuckett Offline
#4 Posted : Friday, January 04, 2013 10:49:34 AM(UTC)
TammyPuckett

Was thanked: 319 time(s) in 181 post(s)
My daughter got married in July of 2011 & I am still not finished with hers! Be patient!
bethdoc Offline
#5 Posted : Friday, January 04, 2013 3:10:46 PM(UTC)
bethdoc

United States

Was thanked: 1184 time(s) in 798 post(s)
Originally Posted by: TammyPuckett Go to Quoted Post
My daughter got married in July of 2011 & I am still not finished with hers! Be patient!

I got married in 2001 and still haven't scrapped my wedding.... so no rush, right? LOL LOL
ShawnMosch Offline
#6 Posted : Friday, January 04, 2013 5:51:09 PM(UTC)
ShawnMosch

Was thanked: 842 time(s) in 286 post(s)
I have joked with people that I should go into business making other people's scrapbooks for them. I have done two Memorial Scrapbook projects . . . one was for a family with two young daughters that lost their father to cancer . . . the other was for a family that lost a baby at birth. They both allowed me to share the work I did on their scrapbooks on my blog

http://craftychicsblog.b...bel/memorial%20scrapbook

If things are getting challenging for you I would say walk away from it for a while and don't push it. Remember, it is supposed to be fun