Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

50 Pages«<1718192021>»
NJsharon Offline
#541 Posted : Saturday, December 29, 2012 11:59:28 AM(UTC)
NJsharon

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 396 time(s) in 237 post(s)
Girls have been playing in the snow & loving it. About a good inch so far outside.

Here is Elise, lovely candid shot of her...

And Elise & Emily together, showing some love!

joyfullycrafting Offline
#542 Posted : Saturday, December 29, 2012 12:51:54 PM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

Was thanked: 1401 time(s) in 1110 post(s)
Your girls are so photogenic, Sharon! I guess they are probably used to having their picture taken!

Nancy, your Christmas card challenge is a great one! BUT, I will be out of crafting range all of January. Maybe that will mean I have to make two in February.
NJsharon Offline
#543 Posted : Saturday, December 29, 2012 1:03:59 PM(UTC)
NJsharon

Yes Joy, they do get their photo snapped a lot!

Snow has stopped here. Quite disappointed as we only have about 2" here. Was hoping for at least 4"! Hoping it starts back up again, but not holding my breath.

I will try to do a Christmas card or two using my cricut this month. Fun challenge!
Onmyweigh Offline
#544 Posted : Saturday, December 29, 2012 1:15:27 PM(UTC)
Onmyweigh

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hello. I'm new here. I live in Canada. I can't wait to "meet" everyone.
NJsharon Offline
#545 Posted : Saturday, December 29, 2012 1:55:53 PM(UTC)
NJsharon

Originally Posted by: Onmyweigh Go to Quoted Post
Hello. I'm new here. I live in Canada. I can't wait to "meet" everyone.

Hello & welcome to the chat thread! Where in Canada do you live? Looking forward to getting to know you!
Onmyweigh Offline
#546 Posted : Saturday, December 29, 2012 2:18:38 PM(UTC)
Onmyweigh

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: NJsharon Go to Quoted Post
Hello & welcome to the chat thread! Where in Canada do you live? Looking forward to getting to know you!

I'm in Edmonton, Alberta. We just FINALLY got out of the cold snap we were having.
lv2scrap02 Offline
#547 Posted : Saturday, December 29, 2012 2:55:07 PM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Was thanked: 1231 time(s) in 954 post(s)
Originally Posted by: joyfullycrafting Go to Quoted Post
Your girls are so photogenic, Sharon! I guess they are probably used to having their picture taken!

Nancy, your Christmas card challenge is a great one! BUT, I will be out of crafting range all of January. Maybe that will mean I have to make two in February.

We will extend it for you until the end of Feb. 28th ----- 5 Christmas Cricut Cards... ok

Edited by user Sunday, December 30, 2012 8:21:23 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

lv2scrap02 Offline
#548 Posted : Saturday, December 29, 2012 2:56:13 PM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Originally Posted by: NJsharon Go to Quoted Post
Girls have been playing in the snow & loving it. About a good inch so far outside.

Here is Elise, lovely candid shot of her...

And Elise & Emily together, showing some love!

Sharon they are so prettyBigGrin
 1 user thanked lv2scrap02 for this useful post.
NJsharon on 12/29/2012(UTC)
lv2scrap02 Offline
#549 Posted : Saturday, December 29, 2012 2:59:12 PM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Originally Posted by: lv2scrap02 Go to Quoted Post
OK Girls,

I know most of us make our Chrismtas Cards, my Stampin Up Gal every month has a class that you make Christmas cards usually 10 Assorted Holiday cards and by the end of the year your have your cards all done.BigGrin

So why not start making your Holiday cards even if you do 5 in a month..

So here is the deal.....

I will have a contest... for 1 month don't know the prize yet...

Just this month I would like everyone to make a CRICUT CHRISTMAS CARD/ Holiday Card. it must be only Cricut Cuts..you can have embossing on it and embellishments but it must be cricut cuts..

I will give everyone until Feb. 28 for Joy just 5 assorted cards or all the same... to complete their cards

I want this on the new page since it might not be read...
 1 user thanked lv2scrap02 for this useful post.
NJsharon on 12/29/2012(UTC)
lv2scrap02 Offline
#550 Posted : Saturday, December 29, 2012 3:00:34 PM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Here is my Star Wars card I made for my son in law Paper Doll Dress Up page 77 and used a shirt from another image and pants

Edited by user Saturday, December 29, 2012 3:03:56 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

lv2scrap02 attached the following image(s):
Star Wars.JPG
joyfullycrafting Offline
#551 Posted : Saturday, December 29, 2012 3:14:45 PM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

Nancy, I will try. We are flying back home on Feb. 3. You gave me two days!!!

And your Star Wars card looks great!!!

Welcome, onmyweigh!

OK. Back to invites. I think that is all I am doing! Wait, I took some pictures for a friend to edit in photoshop. Sr. pics for her daughter. I needed something else to do. Flapper
 1 user thanked joyfullycrafting for this useful post.
lv2scrap02 on 12/30/2012(UTC)
SandraB. Offline
#552 Posted : Saturday, December 29, 2012 3:49:46 PM(UTC)
SandraB.

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
Canada

Was thanked: 243 time(s) in 207 post(s)
Hi everyone;
Just back from more shopping. DD wanted to go to Sportcheck to see if they had a practice jersey for her ringette. I went into Winners looking for sheets and came out with towelsBigGrin! Trying out the new crockpot today...making a potroast for dinnerBigGrin! Glad I got a new one, sure missed my old one.

Onmyweigh: welcome, feel free to jump in anytime. Whereabouts in Edmonton are you? I live in Spruce Grove, just west of Edmonton

Nancy: thanks for the info on the cart. Will have to check it out, your card is quite cute. Your card challenge sounds great...will have to give it some thought

Sharon: thanks for the sneak peeks. Your dds are really cute, looks like they are having a great time in the snow. We still have another week off, we don't go back to school until Jan. 7.

Debbie: your card sounds great for the housewarming. Will have to check my stash; ds needs a birthday card for his buddy tomorrow.

Need to finish mom's birthday card off, her birthday is Jan. l.

Bye for now, take care everyone.

1 user thanked SandraB. for this useful post.
lv2scrap02 on 12/30/2012(UTC)
lv2scrap02 Offline
#553 Posted : Saturday, December 29, 2012 4:13:39 PM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

I wanted to relax today but started playing with my E Oh so nice to hear the sound of the machine going LOL

Still raining here so far no snow but that might start tonight...

Have a good night/day everyone

NJsharon Offline
#554 Posted : Saturday, December 29, 2012 4:22:20 PM(UTC)
NJsharon

Wow surprised you didn't get any snow. Normally Long Island gets hit when there is severe weather doesn't it?!

We got about 2 1/2" & still snowing lightly, but doubt it will add much accumulation now. Kind of a bit of a disappointment, was hoping for at least 4"! But the girls of course still loved playing in it.

Just saw 2 young male deer (are they called Stags?) roam across our lawn. Was kind of surprised to see 2 males together, thought normally it is one male with a bunch of females?!

They looks so cute.

One of the outside feral cats was just jumping around in the snow too. So cute!

NJsharon Offline
#555 Posted : Sunday, December 30, 2012 7:44:17 AM(UTC)
NJsharon

Well girls have already been playing out in the snow, in their pajamas. LOL They couldn't wait to get back out there. Such a difference to when they were about 2 or 3 yrs of age & hated the snow. They would cry when I put them out in it! lol

Easy day today, just have to do a bit of laundry. I like easy days! lol
lv2scrap02 Offline
#556 Posted : Sunday, December 30, 2012 8:25:53 AM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Very icy and windy but little snow overnight..

The Card Challange is the END of Feb. anyone that wants to participate...

it would be great to do 5 cards a month and in the end you will have your cards ready to go in Dec.

My challange is just for the month until Feb. 28

Well I want to empty the Wall Unit and get my stuff back in and just take the Christmas Decorations out.

I think the tree will come down the end of the week.... needles started falling off a lot

Do some cleaning laundry and then play
Shelly Offline
#557 Posted : Sunday, December 30, 2012 11:57:24 AM(UTC)
Shelly

United States

Was thanked: 284 time(s) in 248 post(s)
Nancy - Your Star Wars card is so cute! Love it.

Sharon - Your girls are darling! Loved it when mine were that age. They grow up fast.

Welcome Onmyweigh. This is a fun group!

Not much going today. Just going to make a big pot of veggie soup. One of my daughters and her husband called yesterday and invited themselves to dinner today. I'm not in a cooking mood, so said I would just make soup. Now I'm thinking I should have gone with a roast in the crockpot like Sandra. Would have been easier than all the chopping, but this will smell good simmering all day.
 2 users thanked Shelly for this useful post.
lv2scrap02 on 12/30/2012(UTC), NJsharon on 1/1/2013(UTC)
lv2scrap02 Offline
#558 Posted : Sunday, December 30, 2012 3:32:34 PM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Originally Posted by: Onmyweigh Go to Quoted Post
I'm in Edmonton, Alberta. We just FINALLY got out of the cold snap we were having.

Welcome to our Chat group..BigGrin
lv2scrap02 Offline
#559 Posted : Sunday, December 30, 2012 3:36:10 PM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Shelly... enjoy your soup sounds like a nice day for comfort foods

Sandra.. Pot Roast sounds good to me...

DH made a Hugh pot of Clam chowder yesterday.. guess what is for dinner..

It is so windy here thankfully it was sunny out today so the snow melted

I got so much accomplished today...

Laundry done, took apart my bedroom and cleaned floor to ceiling, rearranged things

busy all day

joyfullycrafting Offline
#560 Posted : Sunday, December 30, 2012 4:48:44 PM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

Oh boy, what a busy day! I WISH I had soup in the crock pot.

Church, then to Megan's fiance's house (Brandon) to finish moving his stuff. The house is pretty much empty, just some cleaning left. Megan's house, however, looks like a cyclone hit. LOTS of stuff in it. I hope all Brandon has to move in when they get married is his clothes. And I hope it works out OK for him to live with his parents for six months!

Also, moved Jordan's stuff that he is not taking with him to my parents shed. He will be living in a 5th wheel until he and Kate get married and they get an apartment.

Got the decorations off the tree and the tree taken apart. Now, I need to boxes that the stugg goes in to and get the rest of it put away.

Nancy, February 28 sounds good. I hope!

To add to our circus, a friend is here (he graduated from HS with Jill, spent half of his life at our house) from CA (he is in the Navy). Anyway, he has a Great Dane 11 month old puppy! That dog is HUGE HUGE HUGE!!! His legs go forever. He and Jeffie LOVE to play.
PedalPower Offline
#561 Posted : Sunday, December 30, 2012 7:00:47 PM(UTC)
PedalPower

Was thanked: 1566 time(s) in 932 post(s)
Good grief, Joy...that made me tired just to read all that!

We had a good day, went to the gym this morning. We had to exchange our Wii U that DS got for Christmas. It had a small nick out of the screen. Target was good to work with on it, but all the data/progress in our games would not transfer to the new Wii. DS had to start over on his games. He got over that in about an hour! DH had to return a gift I got him. It wasn't exactly what he wanted and I knew that when I got it, but they were out of the other item. He returned it and will order online. I went to dress barn while all that was happening and picked out two tops to wear with a gorgeous scarf that a college friend made and sent to me. I love the colors, but really didn't have something to wear with it--great excuse to shop! Can you believe they are stocking SPRING items. We have a foot of snow on the ground. Gads.

I made a few cards today. I really like them! Some Valentine's Day, some get well, just a random mix, but I'm trying really hard to use up a 6 by 6 paper pad. I have bunches of them and I'm trying really, really hard to completely use up at least one. I separated them into two stacks: hardly used, and mostly used up. I'm going to try to wipe out the "mostly used up" stack in the next few months. We'll see how far I get. I also want to scrapbook more this year. I say that every year, but I really am in the mood!

I have to take my car in for a recall tomorrow and will get a few things at the grocery. We're not doing much for NYE. Just getting some take out. We watch the ball drop at 11pm due to our time zone. We'll be in bed at 11:05. LOL
SandraB. Offline
#562 Posted : Sunday, December 30, 2012 7:07:48 PM(UTC)
SandraB.

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
Canada

Was thanked: 243 time(s) in 207 post(s)
LOL Hi everyone;
Well, we spent the afternoon at the bowling alley with Troy...he bowled great; all three games were over his average. Then we went and did some shopping; the boys went to Future Shop and dd & I went to Michael's. I decided I would like to try to make one of those ruffley scarves that I see around so picked up some wool for that. The gal at M's told me to check out you tube for a great video on making them...looks quite easy. Then we picked up mom, met up with other dd & sil and we all went for Chinese food. A farewell dinner for the kids as they head back home early tomorrow morning. I think we have to get up around 4:00a.m. to get them to the airport on time.Glare! Our crockpot roast turned out great!

Joy: hope you got all the moving done

Nancy: your soup sounds great also...I love clam chowder. I'll probably start doing some major cleaning tomorrow after the airport run...bedding, towels, etc., etc. I ordered both of the paper doll carts last night...they both looked so cuteBigGrin

Shelly: I'll be making turkey soup one day soon to use up the carcus of our turkey

I've been trying to catch up on the Tim Holtz Creative Chemistry online classes that I bought last yearBlushing...at least they never expireLOL!

Better run, bye for take care everyone.BigGrin BigGrin

joyfullycrafting Offline
#563 Posted : Sunday, December 30, 2012 7:42:17 PM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

I am having a hard time grasping the fact that tomorrow is New Year's Eve. Where has the time gone???

I was in J's a day or two before Christmas, and their Christmas stuff was all 75% off and they were stocking the shelves with Valentine's Day stuff and spring flowers. Oh brother.

Sonya, any excuse to shop sounds good to me!

Sandra, I have crocheted a couple of those ruffley scarves, but I guess now there is yarn out that ruffles itself somehow.

It is so QUIET here right now. All the young group went out for dinner, Nick is asleep, and Jeffie and Kail wore themselves out running back and forth across the back yard. Two back yards to run through! It is wonderful. Smile
DebbieScraps Offline
#564 Posted : Monday, December 31, 2012 9:04:34 AM(UTC)
DebbieScraps

Was thanked: 165 time(s) in 161 post(s)
Happy New Year everyone, hope 2013 will be a wonderful year for all of you. I can hear the fireworks outside and Jet is not happy.

I went to dinner with a friend and we went to see Le Miserables, I really enjoyed it, it was something different. At least I was home well before midnight LOL.

Really hoping for a break in this heatwave, it is dreadful and so draining.
joyfullycrafting Offline
#565 Posted : Monday, December 31, 2012 4:44:30 PM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

Debbie, I would gratefully take a bit of your heat right now. Our highs are in the mid-20's this week. It is COLD. I am tired of cold. I was hoping for 70's at Jills, but alas, only in the low 60's. We heat with a woodstove, and sometimes I get so tired of the mess, but on days like these, it is nice that I can keep the house nice and toasty warm, and not pay an arm and a leg.

I took the ornaments off of the tree yesterday and took it down, but it is still in the office in pieces. Kate put everything back in boxes this afternoon, and we have the boxes put away. Still need to take down and put away stuff that is outside.

I am tryng to pack, but I am not doing a very good job. I wanted to start this morning, but ended up going to the dr with DH (shoulder, not belly) and then he spent like two hours working on Megan's fiance's car, out in the below freezing cold. And it is hard to pack. COLD here, cool at Jill's, warm in Hawaii. Plus formal clothing.

What I REALLY want to do is try out Artiste. But I don't that is going to happen any time soon.

Yesterday, Les Mis (I am not going to spell the whole thing) was a free Kindle book. So I downloaded it. I may never get it read, but at least I have it!!
lv2scrap02 Offline
#566 Posted : Monday, December 31, 2012 5:04:40 PM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

About several years ago my friend who works for the fire department in Queens all got tickets
to see Le Mis on Broadway in NYC they also bought us tickets which of course we paid for there at to be about 60 of us heading into NYC by Charter Bus it was lots of fun. it was a week
night the play started at 8pm I guess we were all tired from having a big dinner out.. most of the men fell asleep during the play.

It was good but I think I would enjoy the movie more.

Debbie I will take some of your heat

Sandra.. the house will be quiet once everyone leaves. Glad the roast came out good. Great Troy bowled over his average.

Sonya.. that is exactly what I am trying to do use the cardstock I have on hand. No more buying paper until I use what i have. When you are scrapping it does get used up

Joy.. so much going on at your house! I remember in the past you talking about this guy that lived at your house years ago how nice he came for a visit.

Well I am going to a small party tonight

I have lots of cooking tomorrow I promished my son in law and patty I would cook a big turkey dinner then i am done...

Here is wishing everyone a VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR

PedalPower Offline
#567 Posted : Monday, December 31, 2012 6:12:27 PM(UTC)
PedalPower

Hi girls...and happy new year! I made myself take down all the decorations before I could scrapbook today. And I was very motivated to scrap, so the decorations came down quickly. I didn't put up everything this year, so it wasn't quite as difficult a task as it has been in years past. I just wasn't into the holiday this year. I think I need to start a bit earlier so it doesn't stress me out as much next year.

I ended up doing a two page LO today, using my "other" machine. It turned out really nice. I had gotten some Echo Park paper awhile back and have really enjoyed using it up. It's gorgeous stuff and nice quality. My guys are playing the Wii, so I may go scrap a bit more while I'm in the mood!

We had to replace our Wii. The first one had a chip in the screen of the handheld unit (Wii U). Target took it back with no problem, but there was no way to re-put the data from my son's games back on the unit, so he's starting all over on his games. He's disappointed, but surviving...LOL

I have a lot of projects I plan to accomplish in 2013...lots of house projects. I'm hiring our bathrooms to be painted, getting some new living room carpet, a new chair and just some larger cleaning projects. Will be a busy early winter, once spring hits I'm planning to bike a LOT more than last year.

That's all from me....hope you have a great New Years! Here's to another year of friendship!
PedalPower Offline
#568 Posted : Monday, December 31, 2012 6:25:05 PM(UTC)
PedalPower

PS: I fell asleep at a production of Les Mis. Hated it. Every minute of it. And it's my husband's favorite musical of all time. He loved it and was so disappointed that I hated it so much....because I love most things French. BigGrin My favorite musical was "Fosse". ThumpUp ThumpUp ThumpUp ThumpUp ThumpUp Wub
joyfullycrafting Offline
#569 Posted : Monday, December 31, 2012 7:18:18 PM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

Poor Megan is going to do some work on her house whether she wants to or not. She had a leak in a pipe in her wall. They had to tear out the tile around her master bath toilet. But the worse problem was in her basement. Part of it was wet and moldy. A contractor came to look at it and said it was bad enough she should call an insurance adjuster. Oh boy. Sad
joyfullycrafting Offline
#570 Posted : Tuesday, January 01, 2013 10:01:24 AM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

All y'all (to be southern!) must still be asleep after welcoming in the new year! I was asleep by about 10:30. Flapper

It was 6 degrees when I got up this morning. And this morning, of all days, the fire was not burning when I got up. Our living room was 63. I don't do well when I am cold. It is up to about 70 now,but my feet are so cold.

Have a good day!