Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

86 Pages«<5556575859>»
I_M_BLEST Offline
#1681 Posted : Friday, December 28, 2012 4:34:12 PM(UTC)
I_M_BLEST

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Hello ladies,

I am home safe and sound. There was a winter storm warning for the west side of MI starting at 1 this afternoon so I scooted out of there to get home. The first part of the drive was snow covered and slippery but the rest was just wet. Snow flurries most of the way though.

My dad is doing well. No left over issues. Yes Carrie, they did put him on a blood thinner. I hated leaving him because I guess the next two weeks is a high risk time for another but we can't really babysit him just in case. I just don't like that he lives out in the country by himself. My sister who lives about 15-20 minutes away from him offered to stay tonight but he felt comfortable being there alone.

I haven't read the rest of the posts, I am going to eat dinner with my hubby and then probably relax. DS has a number of kids here and I think they want to make spagetti. I will clear out of the kitchen before that starts!!! :)
Lizzy Offline
#1682 Posted : Friday, December 28, 2012 8:51:00 PM(UTC)
Lizzy

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hi friends...

Rhonda, I am sorry that you've been struggling with the sadness associated with the impending arrival of a new baby. As joyful as the occasion can be, of course it bring with it the bitterness of what has been lost as well. I believe that is always the case and we have to find a way to accept and cope with those losses...however that is. Sometimes we continue on as a way of simply honoring our loved one; sometimes we do it because we merely HAVE to; and perhaps your task with this new baby will be to ensure he or she knows about the grandmother that she will not know firsthand.

Carrie, I did not read about whatever you told the rest of the group, but I am sorry for whatever happened. I know you have had your struggles (as many of us have as well) and I am sad they had to occur while you are working on recovering from your surgery and dealing with the holidays as well. You are an incredibly strong woman in many ways and while I don't want to trivialize anything, your strength will carry you through this, whatever the outcome will be.

Pat, I share your feelings of the days racing past. I had rather hoped to get more done after Christmas but all we have done is hang out. I've not even picked up the house from the holiday mess.

Nancy, I trust that Riley's not feeling well is pretrip jitters! Thank goodness your trip to the airport will only be 30 minutes!! You be sure and keep us posted while he's gone, too!!

Paula, I'm so sorry to hear about your dad. I hope he doesn't have more of those TIA's. I would be worried, too, with him living by himself. Our parents can be so stubborn, though, about doing what we want them to do! LOL How did the kids' spaghetti-making go?

Well, Kat and Terry are on their way home after her buying a new car. Her old one was literally falling apart and it scared me with her driving so much on the freeway. We offered to help her with the payments and/or insurance if needed to get her into something safer. She leaves tomorrow evening for the Connecticut to spend New Year's with her boyfriend. Then, perhaps I can tackle this house! LOL

Alrighty, friends, I am going to say goodbye for now and await their arrival home. Take care...I'll try to check in tomorrow...if not, for sure on Sunday!
I_M_BLEST Offline
#1683 Posted : Friday, December 28, 2012 9:00:52 PM(UTC)
I_M_BLEST

Lizzy, don't worry about the house, it's not going anywhere, hahaha. Glad your enjoying your time off.
The kids made a bunch of spaghetti and even made homemade meatballs!! Then they cleaned up every bit of their mess. (of course, I wouldn't let them get away with leaving a mess behind) They are good kids! :)

I don't know about you guys but my days are so mixed up. I now have the weekend with nothing I have to do. yeah!! :)
Lizzy Offline
#1684 Posted : Saturday, December 29, 2012 11:28:34 AM(UTC)
Lizzy

Yesterday I didn't do a dang thing....sleep, wallow around in my pj's. I was feeling so blue about the kids leaving. Today is better. Kat got a new car and is very happy. We are happy because we unloaded her junker although she didn't get much on the trade-in as Terry put it, he was grateful he didn't have to pay anyone to take it off our hands. It was a good car and we got our money's worth out of it. I drove it, Kat drove it, she drove it to Yale and back, she drove it to Stanford, she drove it for 1.5 years to her job, it had over 100,000 miles, and honestly, it was falling apart. It needed everything. Thankfully, she now has a new car.

Today, we are going out for a walk, then to Target, and beyond that, I'm not sure. I hope to keep my energy up and then work on the house. I'm not sure where to start...but I'll figure all that out. Since I didn't do all that much Christmas decorating, it shouldn't be too hard to undecorate! I want to work on the bonus room and Terry said he could help me get stuff out of there. The biggest issue now is carrying stuff downstairs. I also need to unload the guest room where I've been stashing everything! LOL

I have one more week of vacation! I'd like to get my scrapping area redone quickly and have some time to scrap before I head back to work.

Speaking of work, I only have 6 more months of work. And, yes, I am counting. I don't know exactly when I will announce my retirement. I want my Principal to be able to manipulate the hiring for my position in her favor. If I do it really early, then anyone can take my job; whereas, if I do it later, she can hire who she wants for my job. I want her to work it in the school's best interest. We have two really fabulous teachers that I would like to see be able to stay at our school, so I will speak with her and see what she would like me to do. As I said, it makes no difference to me.

Paula, it's great the kids clean up the kitchen the way they do! That's fabulous. And, you...enjoy your weekend with nothing to do!!

Everyone have a great weekend. Enjoy your time off. How many of you are getting snow? It's overcast here and the thermometer shows it to be around 50* outside. Brrrrr!
I_M_BLEST Offline
#1685 Posted : Saturday, December 29, 2012 6:24:50 PM(UTC)
I_M_BLEST

Lizzy, we have been getting light flurries but nothing adding up, however...when we got our of church tonight our car was covered pretty good. The roads are a bit slick but not bad. I am glad I don't have to go out until my Monday house.

So...you have made your mind up about retiring? :) 6 months is such a short time compared to the years you have in. I bet it will fly by and you will be eating bon bons with your feet up before you know it. :D

Looks like Laurie is enjoying her day. A little crafting, a little eating out...

What is everyone else doing???

I didn't do much today. We did have a turkey dinner. Tay got it from work. I really want to sort through Christmas decorations and purge the old ones I don't use. Maybe a box at a time in front of the fireplace.

imnchghere Offline
#1686 Posted : Saturday, December 29, 2012 8:20:49 PM(UTC)
imnchghere

Was thanked: 99 time(s) in 77 post(s)
good evening all.. well, we have had enough snow to enjoy, but not enough to make a mess. We got maybe an inch or so today, but by early afternoon, the roads were clear and it was partly sunny. Cold though, but we have jackets, hats, gloves. The storms coming from Carrie, have moved NE as they hit the mountains, so we only got the outer edges. Just enough.

Paula, I am glad your Dad is doing well. Hope he continues. I sorted through some of my holiday decorations when I was putting them out, but I have quite a few tubs I want and need to go through before putting them all the way. I saw LOTS I am going to be donating. I wished I could have gotten through them before the holidays, but it didn't happen.

Lizzy, 6 months will go really quickly and I hope you can figure out how to handle your resigning. I can see where you want to do what is best for the school. Meanwhile.. I would get what you can done at home before you return. I told Jim today, that I am anxious to get back to my purging and that I want to get what I can done before he goes back to work next Wed. I am going to have him bring all the tubs from the garage, so I can get through them by mid month when I have p/u scheduled.
Anyway.. hanging out with family was good, and I am thinking you also needed to take it easy after being sick. Take advantage of Terry's offer to help get stuff moved. Wink

Tomorrow we are going to re-visit the furniture store and try to make a decision on the one dining set. They told us yesterday it could take anywhere from 2-8 weeks depending on if it is in stock. We aren't desperate, so this could work to our advantage.

Going to do a little searching for color scheme ideas on Pinterest and call it an early night.

Lizzy Offline
#1687 Posted : Saturday, December 29, 2012 10:52:06 PM(UTC)
Lizzy

Hi friends....tonight we took Kat to the airport to head to NYC and then up to Connecticut to spend New Year's with Malcolm. It was kinda sad, but knowing that we are picking her up in a week helps.

We got back from the airport and I worked on emptying out my sewing desk. I tossed out lots of stuff...most of my thread...except for some basic colors like white, black, navy, red, beige, etc. I found a few pieces of fabric, too, and some fiberfill as well. I might be able to put those items with my other fabric and put all the other items into a smaller box. Then, the sewing machine I will put into a closet and get the desk moved down to the garage for eventual pickup. The desk is actually falling apart, so donating it to any organization is out of the question. Other than a few other boxes, the bulk of the purging is done. There are three other small bookcases to move out of there. Then, I'm left with moving things around on the bookshelves and reorganizing my stuff. I was originally going to move the tall bookshelves but have reconsidered that now. I'd like to move one of them, but I will likely leave the other where it is. I am still going to move my desk to a wall area and open up a large part of the floor which will likely give the room a more open feeling - which is what I am hoping for along with a feeling of less clutter. I'll keep you posted!

I also plan to get some more boxes from Home Depot and pack up more items from that room such as all the jigsaw puzzles that we saved. There are quite a few and I think I'll pack them up for Sarah and put them into the garage for her. So far, all we bought were book boxes, but the puzzles can go into larger boxes since they are not heavy.

The most intense part of the school year is coming up now...the next three months. After that, I have a month off, then we do our state testing, then we have Open House, then we dismiss. If I can make it through January-March, I'll be fine. I just have to keep my sights set on the goals of doing the best job teaching and I will be fine.

Now that I've been sick, I should be OK in the sick department to return to school....at least I sure hope so! LOL I wouldn't want to get sick again.

I'm not sure what Terry and I have on our agendas for the upcoming week...bonus room for me, some schoolwork I didn't get to, and continuing to straighten up the house...fun, huh? NOT!

Take care, everyone! I'll check in tomorrow.
I_M_BLEST Offline
#1688 Posted : Sunday, December 30, 2012 8:05:17 AM(UTC)
I_M_BLEST

Good morning ladies!

We have about an inch or two of snow.
Tay was out the door at 7 this morning.
Lizzy, he is taking the train to Chicago with friends for the day. They went to Michigan City to get on though, there are more time choices.

Pat, I hope your trip to the furniture store is successful. I stopped at one on the way home from my dad's. I am looking for something to sit next to the fireplace to hold our DVD players ect. It seems like they are all short and made for the TV to sit on. I want something taller. I saw a dining room outfit I really liked but I am not in the market for that. Plus it had cream colored fabric on the seats and back. (not somethng you could change out if needed)
There was a bedroom outfit on clearance that I liked but it was only queen.

I think we are going to trade bedroom furniture with DS (dressers and chests) I would like to do that this week...we will see. DH ended up working two or three of his vacation days last week so I think he will take a couple this week if it works.

Lizzy, when I was in M.O.P.S we spray painted puzzle pieces different colors and glued them around pic frames. They turned out cute.

Laurie, I hope you had a good day yesterday. What did you do in your craft room?
rm920 Offline
#1689 Posted : Sunday, December 30, 2012 2:51:26 PM(UTC)
rm920

Hello all...

Looks like of you have snow. We have a chance at getting some tomorrow afternoon/evening. Guess I am ready for snow.

Paula, glad you dad is doing better. You seem to have trouble finding the furniture piece you need for your DVD player etc. Sure hope you can find something that works.

Lizzy, guess you have made the decision that you will retire next year. Hope you can work out the timing to the advantage of the school as well as for you. Sounds like you are getting lots of purging done as well. Glad you are getting your scrap area worked out now so that after retirement you can be oh so productive!

Pat, how did the visit to the furniture store go? Hope you found some thing you liked.

Carrie, hope things are going well for you. Sorry about all the snow.

Yesterday was the celebration for Amber's 16th birthday. That family has quite a celebration when a girl reaches 16. All the women in the family over 16 attend a celebration and sort of welcome her into womanhood. She was given items from her great-grandmother on her dad's side of the family, the aunts presented her with a hope chest, and then a great aunt read a letter that was written by her uncle as a letter from her mother. It brought tears to our eyes, but was to let Amber know her mother is always with her. The celebration is meant to show there is lots of support for her whenever she needs it. Quite a neat celebration. Their family has done this for every girl turning 16 for the last 30 years. I was honored to be asked to attend in her mother's place. Quite an emotional afternoon.

Today, I worked at my old job. Spent about 6 hours there, getting ready for the end of the year bookwork. Still have more to do so will spend time there when I can.

Tonight is Lady Hornet basketball. Then back to work tomorrow.

Hope everyone has had a relaxing weekend.
Flee57 Offline
#1690 Posted : Sunday, December 30, 2012 7:20:01 PM(UTC)
Flee57

Rhonda, what a beautiful celebration for Amber's 16th birthday. I'm so happy that you got a chance go be there.

imnchghere Offline
#1691 Posted : Sunday, December 30, 2012 11:07:42 PM(UTC)
imnchghere

hello everyone.. more catching up for me. Seems it is the story of my life.
Rhonda, the birthday celebration for Amber sounds really special. I am glad you were a part of it. Will you be getting much snow? Ours is all but gone here, except areas that don't get sun. And even those spots are not covered. It is early in the season though, so who knows what we have yet to come.
Lizzy, sounds like you have a plan for your last few vacation days. I totally understand changing original ideas though. I made a lot of changes once I started getting areas emptied and making more room.
Paula, I hope you can find a piece of furniture for the equipment. Always hard when you have specific needs.

Well, today we ordered the furniture. It was all in stock, so it will be delivered on the 17th. That gives us time to make room for everything and get rid of what we aren't keeping. While we were in the store, we looked at sofas for the LR. I want to get rid of all the busy patterns we have now. Because we were concentrating on the dining set, we really just gave sofas a brief look. I saw a sage green I liked though.

I am pretty sure I am going to sign up for a crop in March. It is a 3 day and I am hoping to get all my album pages caught up. In fact I am going to start printing pictures this week and picking papers. I also want to get back to my research.

But for bow I am calling it a night. Just realized it is 1am.

Lizzy Offline
#1692 Posted : Monday, December 31, 2012 12:58:16 AM(UTC)
Lizzy

Good evening, friends!

Rhonda, what a special celebration for Amber's 16th birthday! And, I'm so glad the family included you - it certainly is indicative of how they feel about you and it is very different from her father's attitude. I hope you got lots of pictures for some nice layouts!

You are also going to be one very busy lady for the next several weeks keeping up with your new job and tying up everything for your old job! The extra $$ should come in handy, too.

How do you like your new Keurig? Did I mention that my little one promptly died right before Christmas? We were busy making coffee one morning and it just stopped working. We couldn't get it to heat water...I'm not sure what is wrong with it at all. We resorted to the Mr. Coffee and then for Christmas, Terry bought me a new one...a larger, more fancy Keurig model...this one has a reservoir for the water and you can tell it how large of a cup you want brewed. Otherwise, it's like the one I had! LOL

I worked today in the bonus room and got all of my books moved across the room to a new bookshelf. Ironically, I weeded out more books when I moved them! LOL My next move is to get all of the scrapbooks and books about scrapbooking moved. I am going to put all the boxes of pictures on the shelves, too, along with the storage boxes I've bought from CM to put pictures in (but haven't used). Then, I'll set about to move the bookshelves...but once again, I need Terry's help and he has not been terribly forthcoming with his help these past few days.

Pat, what style of dining room furniture did you purchase? What type of wood? What pieces? How exciting!

Paula, do you have access to an Ikea? They might have the piece of furniture you need for the DVD player, etc. Then again, many of their pieces are fairly modern and might not fit into your decor. You can look at their catalogue on-line which is nice if you cannot get to the store so at least you don't have to drive forever just to discover you don't like what you see.

Nancy, did Riley get off OK? How are you feeling about his departure? Did his stomach settle down? How often do you anticipate hearing from him?

Kat made it to NY just fine. I'm not sure how she got into the city to Grand Central Station, but then she took the train up to New Haven where Malcolm met her. Then, they drove up to his parent's home. She sent a picture of the house and all the snow...quite beautiful! (Regarding getting into the city, she had several options: a direct bus, the subway, or a cab...I just don't know which she finally decided to take. You can get really carsick from the bus and the cab...so the subway is a good bet, but it just takes longer.)

Alrighty, friends, I'm off to finish up some things here and then head to bed. Terry works tomorrow so I'm going to try and get up early to get some things done around here and begin to get myself back on some sort of "normal" schedule!
I_M_BLEST Offline
#1693 Posted : Monday, December 31, 2012 6:38:05 AM(UTC)
I_M_BLEST

Good morning ladies.

Monday house today. I don't want to go out in the cold...
I started sorting through some Christmas stuff but didn't get very far. I did go through my dresser drawers and took out summer things and got rid of some stuff. I want to trade dressers/chests with DS so I thought I would purge before that.

Lizzy the closest IKEA is by Chicago or Detroit. I will check it out on-line. Yesterday I did look on-line at Costco and Overstock.com.
I like the bigger Keurig because I like to run it through twice and get a full, not so strong cup. Mine gives you about a half of coffee mug.
The bookcase project is coming right along for you!! Hopefully Terry will be ready to help move it when you get to that point.

Rhonda, that sounds like such a great celebration for Amber's 16th. I have not heard of that but what a nice thing to do for a young lady!

Gotta run. :) Happy Monday!!
Nancycs Offline
#1694 Posted : Monday, December 31, 2012 6:46:08 AM(UTC)
Nancycs

Good morning!

I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend.

Lizzy I like that you can make a larger cup with your Keurig! I always have a coupe of BIG cups so that would be nice for me. I will probably never get one though since Rick brings a large coffee mug to work with him (he doesn't like their coffee) and I drink 2 large cups a day. Riley often drinks it too so have an old fashioned coffee pot is the best for us. One of my families got one and they love it. You say you get your coffee for it at Kohl's and Bed Bath and Beyond. How are the ones at Costco in comparison for price? I saw someone get them when I was in yesterday. My friend was wondering the best place to get them.

Pat how exciting to be getting new dining room furniture. I ditto Lizzy's questions. I am getting so close with my albums being caught up I would really like to crop too. I just have a busy few months ahead of me and it might be a while before I can go. Of course if I can use my time wisely I might be able to fit it in.

Rhonda Amber's celebration sounded wonderful. What a great way to let her know she has support. I am very glad you were invited in her mom's place. What a great memory to be a part of. How much more time will you put into your old job?

Laurie how are things with you?

Paula I am glad your dad is doing well. I can understand not liking him out of town like he is. Have you thought about putting your old ornaments into a tub for Tay to take when he gets his own place? We started doing that with our kitchen items. We would have normally donated them but now we are keeping them so the boys have some things to get them started when they move out. I don't blame you about not going out in the cold. It will be below zero wind chills here and will get to -10 overnight. I am glad I can stay in!!

Riley still had a funny stomach. He felt fine but when he would eat he just couldn't. He finally ate and drank the night before he left. He got off fine and he made a couple of updates on Facebook. I sent him with my ipod touch since they couldn't bring their phones so he was able to make the updates. He said it was a long day when he got to Korea and he still had a 5 hour flight ahead of him. He then said he finally made it to Cambodia at about 2 AM Cambodia time (1PM central time). Their flight got into Cambodia at 10:30 though. I imagine they were all beat. I hope he can continue to post on Facebook once in a while. My SIL is also Skyping with her family so my BIL will give me updates once in a while. Lizzy as far as I feel about his departure, I was fine, a little nervous having him so far away but my SIL is with him too so I feel OK about it. THis group has also gone for 8 years so they are familiar with everything.

I was lazy on Saturday and did nothing. That felt so good. IT had been so long that I could do that. Yesterday I went to my Weight Watchers meeting and I lost a little over 25 lbs and have met my goal!! I am so excited. Especially to have lost weight the week of Christmas!

Have a great day everyone!

Edited by user Monday, December 31, 2012 6:54:26 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

QtnSasyCarrie Offline
#1695 Posted : Monday, December 31, 2012 6:48:06 AM(UTC)
QtnSasyCarrie

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered

Good morning.

What a year! So we say goodbye to 2012.

Lizzy you will be fine over the next 3 months. Eyes on the finish line. Go out with a bang. Make them miss you! LOL Sorry the girls had to return to their lives. It is sad but hopefully they will be back soon. Jen needs a new car too but her priority was the condo.

Pat I am NOT sending you the storms. Just want to make that clear. We have about a foot of snow on the ground which is unusual for us. Looking at past pictures there are none with snow on or near Christmas in any of them. Yuck. Good luck on the purging. As I have been reading the book, The Five Love Languages, I have found that Jim's language is service. Basically, he felt loved when I cleaned out and organized the spice drawer. I don't get it but there it is so I am joining in the purging. BigGrin Look out JIm!

Rhonda what a very special 16th birthday for Amber. How wonderful! I bet she feels quite special and very loved. Pretty terrific at 16. It sounds like you have been working quite a bit.

Paula I can't believe we have more snow that you do. That's unusual. I purged a big bag of Christmas decorations and a whole box of lights. It's a good time to do that.

Nancy how do Riley get off? Have you heard from him yet? I bet your house is a bit lonely.

Well I have to get to the grocery store and then I am going to clean out the pantry and maybe the Fridge. I am giving my Imagine to Jen so I need to get that packed up. Then I am going to send my little bug to my nieces who have gotten into scrapbooking. I have a friend who had a Silhouette Cameo she hates and she is giving that to me. Maybe I can figure it out and either keep it or give it back. We'll see.
QtnSasyCarrie Offline
#1696 Posted : Monday, December 31, 2012 6:53:21 AM(UTC)
QtnSasyCarrie

Paula just wondering if you've talked to your dad. How is he doing? Do you know what kind of blood thinner he is on? Heparin, Coumadin, Plavix, etc? That is my biggest concern with him being alone and out in the boondocks. I hope everything is going fine. Take care.
imnchghere Offline
#1697 Posted : Monday, December 31, 2012 8:13:31 AM(UTC)
imnchghere

good morning.. I have lots to do today. Now that the furniture has been ordered, I can move forward with the remodel plan. Just trying to get my ducks in a row. Here is a link to the dining set we ordered along with the server. I hope the link works.
http://www.wolffurniture...co&CollectionNum=541

I have got laundry going and I need to take care of some society business. I will be back later to catch up on the posts.

Just checked the link and you need to look at the 2nd picture which has the big table with chairs and bench We also got the server in that picture.

Edited by user Monday, December 31, 2012 8:17:30 AM(UTC)  | Reason: added info

Nancycs Offline
#1698 Posted : Monday, December 31, 2012 8:19:02 AM(UTC)
Nancycs

I just got an update on Riley and the whole group (Facebook). They are celebrating the New Year right now (10:13 PM there). They are having a "nothing party" as the instructor put it. They are down by the river front playing games, talking, laughing! I am glad to hear they are having fun!BigGrin
rm920 Offline
#1699 Posted : Monday, December 31, 2012 7:57:20 PM(UTC)
rm920

Good evening all....

Nancy, glad you have been able to hear from DS. Sounds like a wonderful trip. I didn't realize your SIL was going along - sure makes it easier to relax while he is gone. CONGRATULATIONS on reaching your goal! That is awesome! Glad you could enjoy some down time. We all need that.

Pat, I love the new furniture you have chosen. Can't wait to see how it fits after you have it in place and the remodel finished. Happy Birthday to Jim!

Carrie, you are sure getting hit with the snow. We finally got a bit today - about 1 - 2 inches so far, may get a bit more tonight. I know you will be able to figure out the cameo. You are so good with all the technical stuff. Also glad you were able to figure out Jim's "language" How is your recovery coming along?

Paula, have you been doing anything exciting? I wouldn't get out in the cold any more than I had to.

Lizzy, glad to hear DD made it safely to visit Malcolm and his family. Sorry about your Keurig dying on you, but glad you had the old standby ready just in case. I am loving my Keurig. Some days I drink several cups others maybe only one cup. My machine has the 3 cup sizes to choose from. I have found a few teas I like as well.

I will have a bit more work at the old job - mainly getting W-2's and 1099's out, then just putting everything together to take to the accountant for year end and business closing etc. I work as needed and when I want.

I don't have any plans for tonight. Anyone have any special plans?
I_M_BLEST Offline
#1700 Posted : Monday, December 31, 2012 9:50:32 PM(UTC)
I_M_BLEST

Hello ladies, I am stealing the computer from DS while he makes lemonade. I bought him a bunch of lemons today. After I bought 2 bags from Aldis I saw Meyer lemons at WM and got a bag of those.
Rhonda, we are staying home, our favorite thing to do. DS even stayed home tonight. We are just homebodies.

Happy New Year my Challenged Friends!! Here's to another year of crafting friendship!! =D

Edited by user Monday, December 31, 2012 9:51:15 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

imnchghere Offline
#1701 Posted : Monday, December 31, 2012 9:57:24 PM(UTC)
imnchghere

good evening all. Pretty quiet evening here. First time in a number of years at least some of the grands and/or family weren't here for grandpa's birthday. Jim & I spent most of the day working on some society business. We launched a new mini newsletter from the desk of the corr sec (me). It got good response so far and I expect there will be more feedback as the week goes on. It will be published about every 6 weeks.
I then worked on getting some of the holiday stuff put away, but Need to get the box for the tree down from the loft in the garage tomorrow.

Nancy, that is great you have had an update. I had forgotten your sil was going on the trip.

Lizzy, I imagine the house seems quiet with the girls both gone. WTG, purging out more books. Next week, I am going to take books to the resale store. Or at least I hope to. I also found a place to take fabric. Just need to pack it up in boxes. Bags won't work, as it is too heavy. I am so ready to get back to the purging. This week will be holiday decor.

Well, I had forgotten I started this. Going to quit for now...wish everyone a happy new year and go to bed. My back hurts and I am tired.
Flee57 Offline
#1702 Posted : Monday, December 31, 2012 10:59:21 PM(UTC)
Flee57

Happy New Year to all and to all a good night!

Love to you all! Happy 2013!
Lizzy Offline
#1703 Posted : Monday, December 31, 2012 11:27:56 PM(UTC)
Lizzy

Good evening and happy new year, friends! Some of us are still in 2012 and some of us have already entered 2013!!

Pat, I checked out your furniture and like it very much. Thanks for clarifying which picture to look at, too. I don't know what you have now, but really like what you are getting. It should work out nicely when you have the family over...at least when you have one daughter and her family over...or perhaps for the adults only...and then set up a children's table separately!

I didn't do anything in the bonus room today...really didn't do too much at all. I had recorded some programs from the TV I wanted to watch, so I watched them today. Then, we went out to dinner. Since then, we've been home, and I've just been hanging out, not doing too much.

I plan to do a little each day getting the house back to "normal" and getting ready to go back to work. I like your idea, Carrie, making a big splash so that the school "misses me" after I am gone! LOL

Sarah called today and said she misses me. I'm sure she does...just as I miss her. I miss both girls very much. I really enjoy the relationship I have with both of them. I'm very proud that I've been able to have good relationships with them considering the terrible model I had from my parents. What a gift!

Well, friends, I'm going to go...we are preparing to watch a movie..so I need to pay attention or Terry will slip in something I don't want to watch! LOL
rm920 Offline
#1704 Posted : Tuesday, January 01, 2013 5:12:25 AM(UTC)
rm920

Good morning and Happy New Year to All!

It will be a quiet day here today. As it will be cold and white outside, I think it will be a good day to stay home.

Paula, glad you had a nice evening with family. How was the lemonade?

Pat, wtg on launching your new newsletter. I know it will really take off. Hope Jim had a good birthday, even though no extended family was there with him.

Lizzy, it is so great that you have such a great relationship with your DDs. Shows that how we are raised does not dictate how we turn out our how we raise our children. DH did not have a good childhood, but he learned to be a great parent. Enjoy the quiet house.

Carrie, Nancy, Laurie, hope all of you had a nice beginning to the new year.
QtnSasyCarrie Offline
#1705 Posted : Tuesday, January 01, 2013 7:37:50 AM(UTC)
QtnSasyCarrie

Happy New Year Challenged Friends.

Pat love the furniture. It looks a little like my kitchen set that I bought 20 years ago with my inheritance from my grandmother. LOL Happy birthday to Jim. We went bowling last night for Jon's girlfriends birthday. I didn't think I could bowl but was able to for one game before I got sore and tired. Started out with a strike too. Go figure! Hope you had a good day!

Nancy congratulations on the weight goal. That is awesome especially this time of year.

Rhonda things are going well but I need him to figure out my language. I can't even do that. LOL Do you see an end to the old job yet? It seems like it doesn't get in the way at all. Yes, we got hit with snow again yesterday and last night. Everything looks like it covered it powdered sugar.

Paula I love lemonade. My absolute favorite. How is your dad?

Lizzy you are doing well on the purging. Don't sell yourself short. Rest days are allowed.

Well I purged and cleaned out the pantry yesterday. It took all day but looks good.

Today is bowl game day all day. I hope to catch glimpses of the Rose Parade. Seems like yesterday I was there in person. It is awesome. Have a wonderful day and stay warm.

Flee57 Offline
#1706 Posted : Tuesday, January 01, 2013 7:58:15 AM(UTC)
Flee57

Good morning! Happy New Year everyone!

I spent a good part of yesterday organizing in my kitchen. I threw away old plastic containers that weren't worth keeping. I am finally going to get rid of the dishes I got for our wedding. The plates are very big, thick and heavy. And it's palm trees...which I was really into 16 years ago. I have a better organization of my pots and pans. I also have a "dresser" sort of thing between my living room and kitchen (open floor plan). I have empties that and will put it in my scraproom. I will finally have a "stand up" area for scrapping and card making. It's empty and ready to move but I have to get the room a bit more to make space. I can't wait to get it in there!

Rhonda, how much snow are you supposed to get? We were supposed to get about an inch last night but I think it might have been too warm. It was coming down pretty hard for a while but nothing stuck...just became wet. Enjoy your quiet day today. I hope you do get to create a bit on this first day of 2013

Lizzy, it sounds like you had a nice quiet day yesterday and will again today. You may not have gotten everything complete with your purging/organizing but hey, are we ever done with that anyway? I've known you for a long time and you are a very caring and loving Mother. It proves that the circle can be broken.

Nancy, Riley is in for the adventure of a lifetime! I sure hope his stomach problems have subsided since arriving in Cambodia. And congrats on reaching your goal. That is awesome!

Paula, how was the lemonade, Hope you had a nice NYE last night.

Pat, congrats on the furniture and good luck with the newsletter. I will have to take a look at the furniture you got.

Carrie, sounds like we were doing the same thing I was yesterday. it feels good, doesn't it. Glad you were able to have some fun bowling last night. How much snow did you actually get. Are you considered in the snow belt? It always seems like what should fall down here goes north of here and hits your area. Aren't you all lucky LOL Better you than me

My next post is going to be an actual challenge. happy New Year!
Flee57 Offline
#1707 Posted : Tuesday, January 01, 2013 8:06:11 AM(UTC)
Flee57

2013 DAILY CHALLENGE FOR MY CHALLENGED FRIENDS!

I am challenging each of you, my Challenged Friends, to do one crafty thing every day in 2013.

It can be anything crafty, including purging and organizing.

If we each come in here every day just to say what we did, then we will keep up with each other every day

Sound like a plan?

Today I will be setting up my new table in my room

what will you be doing?

HaHa...it's Challenged Land

rm920 Offline
#1708 Posted : Tuesday, January 01, 2013 9:40:59 AM(UTC)
rm920

Carrie, glad you were able to join in the bowling fun last night! WTG on getting the pantry purged. I know that feels awesome.

Laurie, I hope we can keep up with your challenge? Hope you get the new storage in your craft area. Glad you were finally able to let go of the old dishware. Sometimes things are just past their prime!

I have put away all the holiday items and gotten the house back in usual order. And I am on the last load of laundry.

Now I am heading to office to work on research or crafting. Will see what gets my attention first.

Dryer is calling so will check in later.
I_M_BLEST Offline
#1709 Posted : Tuesday, January 01, 2013 9:53:03 AM(UTC)
I_M_BLEST

Hello ladies

We have light, very slow snow coming down. Almost like dust mites in the air. The ground still is not covered all the way.

Laurie, I don't think I would try to craft every day but I could go for once a week if that's ok.
It sounds like you did really well organizing yesterday!! :) It will be really nice having a stand up area in your scrap room.

Nancy, what an exciting time for Reily!!! How nice that you can get updates and know what they are up to.
Wow!! Wow!! Wow!! on your weight loss!! You have done great!! :) Congrats to you.

Carrie, good for you organizing yesterday too!!
Your hubby and I have the same love language. I would rather someone organize my scrap area with me than give me a diamond necklace. My friend lent me the 5 love language tapes to pass the time when I was getting chemo. Don't think I ever listened to them all.
My dad is doing well. I believe the blood thinner he is taking is xarelto. One of the newer ones. My sister went there last night and will stay until tomorrow. He doesn't need anyone there but it makes us feel better.

Pat, I like your furniture too!! The hutch looks like it would work well for my tv stuff. Are you getting the taupe color? I really think that is nice.
Tell Jim happy birthday a day late from me. Same day as my little sister's.

The lemonade was yummy! Rhonda, you will understand this, having a GS who likes to cook. DS saw a lemon juicer that my friend had and liked it. She picked one up for him for Christmas so he has been making lemonade ever since.

Lizzy, I laughed when you said you have to oversee DH's movie choice. My DH and I have very different tastes in movies. Hope you found something to hold your interest.
Good for you breaking that behavior cycle! You have given your daughters a great start in life and an example of how to love.

Well, I am going to make a pot of soup and DH already has a fire going. I would like to watch the parade on TV. Lots of relaxing to do...better get started!! =D
Lizzy Offline
#1710 Posted : Tuesday, January 01, 2013 4:52:32 PM(UTC)
Lizzy

Happy 2013, my Challenged Friends!

Congratulations to Nancy for your weight loss...especially during the holidays! And, I know you will keep it off, too!

Last night was a quiet night for us...which is exactly what we like. We ended up watching some very old shows from TV: a series called something like White Collar. It was pretty good. We stayed up until around 1:30 and then I had trouble going to sleep. I don't think I went to sleep until 4:00 a.m., and then I slept pretty late. Go figure!

My crafty thing for today is that I purged, tidied up, and totally reorganized my jewelry-making materials. I added more beads to my collection, but in consolidating what I had and reorganizing it, I was able to move it all to a much smaller box, which I really like! I was also able to get rid of some of my materials that I know I will never use.

Tonight, Kelly and I are going to see Les Miserables. Her DH is studying for another of the CPA exams, so she is having to plan her going out around his studying schedule and the kids' sleeping schedules. We going somewhat late, but it's OK since my sleeping is way off from what it is normally! LOL

The discussion about couples communicating and style thereof, brings me to share some of my thoughts here. I don't necessarily expect answers, these are just things I think about. Many years ago, I was in love with a guy who, in my immaturity and insecurity, I thought did not return my love because of the way he communicated with me. I was verbal while he was an action person. He showed his love by doing things for me, rather than using his words. It was only long after we broke up that I finally figured out where I had misinterpreted the relationship.

Now, in my old age, I have realized that there are many, many different ways for individuals to show love and commitment. I don't fully understand the relationships between people, and especially men and women...the model of my parent's relationship was so dysfunctional I would only use it as a model of what to avoid absolutely!

At any rate, I still struggle with the concept of love...what it is, how it feels, what it means, how we show it, how we "should" feel, act, show it, share it, etc. There do seem to be some basic "do's and don't's" but beyond those, each person or each couple have to determine their own ground rules.

I know someone once told me that she wanted to kick my husband's tail because he wouldn't do something I wanted him to do here at home; but later, when her husband wouldn't help her do something, she understood my tolerance for mine. When do we tolerate, and when do we stop tolerating and put our proverbial foot down? I don't have those answers...we each have our own point in which we hit the wall. But then what? Is it worth going to the mat over a box of books you want carried downstairs TODAY when the help is not forthcoming but will be perhaps tomorrow or the next day?

Laurie, I would love to see pictures of your kitchen without the dresser piece of furniture (divider) as well as your craft room with it! You must have gotten it moved since you posted that page with your father and his wife on FB.

Well, friends...I am going to sign off and eat some lunch/dinner....then do some other things around here. Take care...I'm watching this ridiculous ad on TV showing how you can spray something on your vehicle and it will float like a boat! Yeah, right!!