Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

reedbethany127bd7ae2 Offline
#1 Posted : Wednesday, December 26, 2012 10:04:09 PM(UTC)
reedbethany127bd7ae2

Groups: Registered

Help! I just opened my brand new Mini today and did everything as the step by step guide says and used the paper that came in the package, did the thank you project that was in the package and had all the settings as the package said and it keeps tearing the paper up (especially around the "k"). Any tips to help? I've tried different pressures, depths, multiple cuts, different paper, aligning the arrow on the blade to face front, patting down the mat to make it slightly less sticky... any other thoughts?
tonyatilford1914bdf7 Offline
#2 Posted : Wednesday, December 26, 2012 10:18:01 PM(UTC)
tonyatilford1914bdf7

I am having a similar problem with my cricut expressions 2. I got it for Christmas and it is not tearing the paper but it is scratching the card-stock paper as it goes across it. I have tried everything I can think of and it is still doing it. Any idea what may be causing this?
Maxluv Offline
#3 Posted : Thursday, December 27, 2012 5:19:40 AM(UTC)
Maxluv

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 455 time(s) in 344 post(s)
Sometimes its the paper that you use. Have you tried a different brand/type of paper?
Maxluv Offline
#4 Posted : Thursday, December 27, 2012 5:20:49 AM(UTC)
Maxluv

United States

Originally Posted by: tonyatilford1914bdf7 Go to Quoted Post
I am having a similar problem with my cricut expressions 2. I got it for Christmas and it is not tearing the paper but it is scratching the card-stock paper as it goes across it. I have tried everything I can think of and it is still doing it. Any idea what may be causing this?

Is your paper smack down to the mat? If it sticks up just a bit it will do this.

1 user thanked Maxluv for this useful post.
tonyatilford1914bdf7 on 12/27/2012(UTC)
t.theobaldf367e491 Offline
#5 Posted : Thursday, December 27, 2012 5:42:36 AM(UTC)
t.theobaldf367e491

I too have had trouble with paper tearing.I received it as a Christams gift & am really disappointed. I have used different card & tried all sorts of combinations of settings. Any ideas? I don't want to admit to my husband that I've got the wrong machine! Also has anybody else had trouble with the stickyness of their mat? It is so sticky I have trouble peeling the card off & I'm using a spatula. Plus is there any info out there about possible problems? Hoping for a very experienced cutter to reply & solve all my problems, afterall it is Christmas. Many thanks.
Maxluv Offline
#6 Posted : Thursday, December 27, 2012 5:45:46 AM(UTC)
Maxluv

United States

It's usually best to start a thread when you have different concerns then the person that originally started the thread. There is lots of information on these forums for most any question that you can ask, there are forums for each machine as well.
t.theobaldf367e491 Offline
#7 Posted : Thursday, December 27, 2012 5:57:32 AM(UTC)
t.theobaldf367e491

Thanks for the reply. I'm also new to this type of chatroom so I'm sorry for making mistakes.
TammyPuckett Offline
#8 Posted : Thursday, December 27, 2012 8:20:51 AM(UTC)
TammyPuckett

Was thanked: 319 time(s) in 181 post(s)
Pull your blade out & make sure that you don't have a small shred of paper in the housing. I have exprienced the same thing & when I cleaned the housing out it worked perfectly. The thickness of the paper & the blade pressure also has a lot to do with it. If it continues to tear, back the pressure down on the blade.
tonyatilford1914bdf7 Offline
#9 Posted : Thursday, December 27, 2012 6:29:11 PM(UTC)
tonyatilford1914bdf7

I thought my paper was stuck to my mat good but maybe it wasn't. The mat came in the box with my cricut and it is rolled up on one end so maybe this is the problem. I am also new to this website and forum and wasn't sure if I should start a new post or not. I was just looking on here to see if anyone had posted anything about their machine doing this. Thank you for the reply though, and I am sure I'll figure all this out someday BigGrin
desiree40550f82c19 Offline
#10 Posted : Thursday, December 27, 2012 10:40:43 PM(UTC)
desiree40550f82c19

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Okay So I was haveing the same issue!! I got it figured out!! There is a material cutting guide. Here is the link.

http://content.provocraf...de_CricutExpression2.pdf

I set mine to the heavy cardstock paper and it worked perfect!! I hope this works for you all as well!!

Edited by user Thursday, December 27, 2012 10:41:56 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

karlamacecde0a464 Offline
#11 Posted : Saturday, December 29, 2012 8:02:54 PM(UTC)
karlamacecde0a464

Mad I have tried everything...readjusting everything...less more....changing speed...from heavy to light and medium paper....brand new exp 2...it cut the first word like a dream and then it refuses to cut the word baby...any other ideas?
JodeyCashman Offline
#12 Posted : Sunday, December 30, 2012 1:06:19 PM(UTC)
JodeyCashman

I am not an "advanced" user but have had my cricut for a few years.
I too had a similar problem when using cheaper paper from Michaels or the big pads of paper... (not cardstock) If the paper is really thin use very light pressure and depth... maybe 2.
Then hit the multi-cut button so it goes over it twice. You may need to practice.
It seemed to help me a lot and was advice I learned on this forum a long time ago.
The stickier mat will tear your thin paper.
I even use the multi-cut button on cardstock when it's very intricate.
Be sure your blade is sharp (but you did say it was new, so that is not the problem)
I hope this helps!
skyfoggy Offline
#13 Posted : Sunday, December 30, 2012 1:40:17 PM(UTC)
skyfoggy

United States

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 8 post(s)
Adding to the tips mentioned here, I have a couple more:

A brand new cutting mat is very sticky and the result is whatever card stock on it will take some effort to remove... resulting in curled and torn paper :( One trick I learned is to stick the mat against the t-shirt you're wearing (without pet hair), pat and pull off a few times to make it less tacky. Another tip is to make test cuts using inexpensive plain white card stock--reams can be purchased at office supply stores-- before actually using your more expensive colored card stock.

I am an intermediate user and have gone through a mountain of paper due to the learning curve. Hope you will find the tips helpful.

Laura