Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

50 Pages«<1112131415>»
NJsharon Offline
#361 Posted : Friday, December 07, 2012 4:56:42 AM(UTC)
NJsharon

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 395 time(s) in 236 post(s)
Sandra, I think you will do great with a reconditioned Cricut. My hubby who is a computer techy person always buys reconditioned electronic products. He says they are cheaper & have been tested more, so are better! I am sure you will do fine!

Angie, sorry about Holiday Bazaar, but that is a lot of hours to put in. Something else will come up, I am sure.

Girls have colonial day today at school. So they get to dress in colonial costumes & participate all day in activities. They are so excited. I will be sure to take pics once they are all dressed!
joyfullycrafting Offline
#362 Posted : Friday, December 07, 2012 8:53:50 AM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

Was thanked: 1392 time(s) in 1102 post(s)
Angie, I am SO GLAD the Jamal got the box!!! Whew! 10 days sounds like a HUGE committment for a baazar.

Sharon, colonial days sounds like fun. When Megan moved she found a sack of fabric in her closet that I had gotten to make her a colonial costume for something, and then she ended up not doing whatevere it was she was going to do. So now I have a sack of fabric. To add to the stacks I already have. Fabric, paper, yarn. The paper takes up the least amount of space!

I read everything else last night but was not logged in so now I have forgotten what I read!

DH is hurting a little this morning. With no meds going into the incision, he can feel it now. He is napping on the couch, and he never naps, so I know he must be in pain.

Nancy, just think, it won't be long before Abigail can help you craft!!!! Laugh

Sandra, that is just SO COLD!

Laura, it just does not make sense to me that shipping to Canada is so horribly high. I really have a hard time thinking of Canada as a "foreign country." It's just Canada, for goodness sakes.
joyfullycrafting Offline
#363 Posted : Friday, December 07, 2012 4:14:06 PM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

Well, I think I am as far as I can get on invites until date and time are specific and I can print the things. My back hurts leaning over a table for two days. I really tried to sit up straight, but it wasn't always easy.

It was really nice to have the TV in my craft room. I set up my OLD computer and hooked it up to the TV and was able to watch Christmas movies while I worked.
NJsharon Offline
#364 Posted : Friday, December 07, 2012 6:45:44 PM(UTC)
NJsharon

Joy, that is great that you could watch the Christmas movies in the craft room! That is on my list of things I want to get eventually.... a flat screen TV mounted on the wall in my craft room. But first I need to get a cable hook up in there as there isn't one. Then buy a cheap TV, then get it mounted up there. Not an easy task me thinks! But one day!

Mind you, I also want recessed lighting in there one day! It is meant to be a dining room originally, so has a small chandelier in there. Great, but not good lighting. One day, it will all look beautiful with lights & the TV! LOL

Was so cute this evening, as Santa came by on a firetruck! They had the sirens going, christmas carols playing & had decorated their firetruck with lights. The girls were so excited! So were Mommy & Daddy! Too cute!

I may go to a holiday crop at a scrap store on Dec 15th. It is over an hour from here, but looks fun & never been there before. $35 & you get a full 6ft table, breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks & drinks. Just need to okay it with the hubby, but think he should be okay with that.

We are spending time as a family this weekend & then the weekend of Dec 22nd/23rd. So going off to a crop in the middle of that should be fine!
SandraB. Offline
#365 Posted : Friday, December 07, 2012 8:16:55 PM(UTC)
SandraB.

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
Canada

Was thanked: 240 time(s) in 204 post(s)
Hi everyone;
On my way home from school I suddenly got this burst of energyBigGrin! Stopped and did a few errands, then while I was home for a bit I put in a load of wash and decided to do some re-organizing in my craftroom. I wanted to make more room for my cutting machines, etc., so have been going through stuff and doing some purging. After picking up Troy we stopped and picked out his new frames for his glasses. Have been going strong ever since. Planning on getting the rest of the Christmas stuff up tomorrow. It's supposed to be COLD again (a high of -19C), so might just stay in tomorrow.

Angie: glad you got your parcel after all. That would be one big sale lasting that long, hopefully you can do it another time. We did get his breathing machine finally. Because of all the rent we had paid on it they actually gave us a better machine than what was allowedBigGrin! It really is a nice machine. Glad your Thanksgiving dinner went well. Now to get ready for Christmas, do you do the dinner for that also?

Sharon: The colonial days sound real fun. What great fun to see the decorated firetruck. Good on them for doing that! Hope you are able to go to your crop on the 15th. I was supposed to have one tomorrow, but it was cancelled as not too many were able to come. I've got lots to do here, so no worries.

Joy: glad you got lots of your invites at least partially done. A TV in your craftroom sounds great. Hope dh is feeling better. I agree with you about the shipping...sometimes it almost doesn't pay for us to buy stuff onlineMad! At least, one good thing about ordering from here it's free shipping with the Circle membership. Boy, does that save $$$!

In my cleaning process found a few unfinished cards so I've been putting the finishing touches on them.

Bye for now, take care everyone

AlyaMama Offline
#366 Posted : Saturday, December 08, 2012 6:04:06 AM(UTC)
AlyaMama

Was thanked: 238 time(s) in 200 post(s)
Sandra I won't do a big turkey dinner also, this was it for the year. They get 2 big meals a year from us. The first one is during Ramadan, the month of fasting, we order from a resturant the national dish of Jordan- Mansiff 2 HUGE trays. It's basically rice with lamb and Jameed, which is a goats milk broth. It tradionally served with the lambs head on top. However, I just can't stand to see the head on top of my food. While we were in the States this past summer it was Ramamdan and Jamal told me they did have one tray with the head on it. Glad I wasn't here. Then I make the traditional Thanksgiving/Christmas turkey dinner for everyone. Last year it was closer to Thanksgiving and we injvited Jamal's sister only over to eat along with theier kids if they had any. So none of his brothers or BIL were invited, they were kind of hurt so this year they were invited too. It was all good, but I'm glad it's over.

Joy I always have the t.v. on in my studio, at least for background noise. I hate the quiet.

Sharon, I bet your girls looked so cute dressed up for colonial days.

Today I offered my first scrapbooking class to couple of teachers from the school the bazzar I sold at was. It was fun. My first time teaching anyone besides my friends how to scrapbook. I think it went well. I charged them 25.00 for 10 layouts. I'm sure I should have charged more but oh well. Maybe in the future I'll raise the price.

Well, off to buy Alya and Khalid new winter coats. They need to stop growing!

Bye for now.
DebbieScraps Offline
#367 Posted : Saturday, December 08, 2012 6:14:55 AM(UTC)
DebbieScraps

Was thanked: 165 time(s) in 161 post(s)
HAPPY BIRTHDAY JOY, hope you have a wonderful day
DebbieScraps Offline
#368 Posted : Saturday, December 08, 2012 6:20:14 AM(UTC)
DebbieScraps

I have been busy wrapping christmas presents, I hate wrapping gifts :( the kids have lots of little gifts, it takes forever to wrap them all!!

DD has asked me to make her wedding invitations, I have no idea what she wants yet, hope it won't be anything too complicated!
AlyaMama Offline
#369 Posted : Saturday, December 08, 2012 6:52:41 AM(UTC)
AlyaMama

Happy Birthday Joy! Enjoy your day!

AlyaMama Offline
#370 Posted : Saturday, December 08, 2012 6:55:54 AM(UTC)
AlyaMama

Debbie I thought I was the only one who hated wrapping gifts. I put it off for as long as I can. I don't know what it is, I just don't enjoy it. I've tried putting on music to get me in the mood, nothing works. So glad I'm not the only one. Maybe this year, I'll go buy gift bags and then they'll be reusable next year.

You'll do fine making the invites. We'll all come over and help, you just pay the airfare ha ha.

Larmabee Offline
#371 Posted : Saturday, December 08, 2012 10:04:18 AM(UTC)
Larmabee

Canada

Was thanked: 371 time(s) in 290 post(s)
Good morning/afternoon/evening!
I am really dragging my feet with decorating and my cards. I am enjoying just plodding along. My DH is really sensitive to the "kafuffle" of Christmas, so I am trying to keep it all low key. I agree with her, Christmas should be laid back, relaxed and enjoyable.
Joy Happy birthday! Good work with all the invites. A labour of love, that's for sure. The shipping is so silly - free shipping sometimes to Alaska or Hawaii, but not Canada? I understand they do need to charge a bit more for out of country, but really?!
Sharon That sounds like a great crop! It would be even better with friends! What fun! Santa on a firetruck. In some of the more northern communities here in SK, Santa comes with gifts by helicopter! I would love to see that one day!
Angie 10 day craft show?! WOW! That would be wonderful exposure for you. I can't even imagine how much you would need to make. The child care would also be a huge issue. Maybe next year you will be able to hire a "helper" to man your table . . .
Debbie I'm not a huge fan of wrapping either. My DH loves it though and he also loves shopping even for clothes for me!
Take care
Laura
joyfullycrafting Offline
#372 Posted : Saturday, December 08, 2012 1:20:58 PM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

Thanks for the birthday wishes! I went to worship team and choir practice wearing my new sock monkey hat, and a pair of elf slippers that Kate and I are sharing. Age is just a state of mind, right!!???!!! Flapper

Sandra and Laura, we should have planned it that when we went on the Alaskan cruise and stopped in Vancouver BC, I could have taken stuff with me for you two, then mailed it from Vancouver!!!!!

Angie, good for you for teaching some scrapping classes! I hope it works well for you.

I LOVE wrapping gifts!!!!!!!!!!!! I should have been a professional gift wrapper. Not that they always look that good, I just enjoy it. When Kate wraps, she tapes down EVERY seam completely, and will double-wrap things. Her gifts are impossible to get in to. Silly girl.

I am hoping to get some random cards made today. I think I am as far in the invites as I can get till we can print them. Kate has an appointment with the church secretary next week to get things nailed down. And the invitation list keeps growing, which will probably mean more invitations to make. Oh brother.

I will post a pic of them one of these days. They really are fairly simple, it just all takes time.
joyfullycrafting Offline
#373 Posted : Saturday, December 08, 2012 1:23:24 PM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

Debbie, does your DD have a date set?

Megan says hers will be July 6, but she needs to double check that date with our pastor. She will not get married at the church, but probably outside someplace.

I am really glad she is willing to wait until Kate's wedding is over before she starts hers. Although lots of the guest list will be the same, so that will help. And of course both dresses are out of the way. And her future in-laws live here, so that might make things a little easier. And we know them. We have only met Jordan's parents once.
SandraB. Offline
#374 Posted : Saturday, December 08, 2012 7:37:29 PM(UTC)
SandraB.

Canada

Hi everyone;
A bit quieter day here, still cold though. I did venture out as I discovered Troy's coat was a bit tight on him and he didn't have any high top winter boots. As he walks to his day program, he does need higher boots. Also picked up some stuff for our food hamper at school. Got the last of the decorating done, now need to finish up some more cards. Ended up doing a bit purge in my craft room last niteBigGrin! Still could do some more...have loads of magazines that I don't need so I think they will go to the Goodwill the next time they send a truck around.

Debbie: I don't wrap hardly any gifts, use mostly gift bags. You'll do a wonderful job on the invites, just as Joy is doing. Don't worry!

Joy: Happy Birthday, hope you have a wonderful day.

Angie: glad your classes went well. Hope you do lots more in the future

Laura: I just saw your door decoration on the other page. Great job!

Supposed to be warmer here tomorrow, so I'm going into mom's, Michaels and Staples. She wants to get some cards at Safeway which is between M's and Staples.BigGrin

Bye for now, take care everyone!

NJsharon Offline
#375 Posted : Sunday, December 09, 2012 6:05:53 AM(UTC)
NJsharon

Joy, July 6th is a great date for a wedding. It is our wedding anniversary date! But of course ours was in 2001!

I also love wrapping presents! I don't claim to be a great wrapper, but I do enjoy it! Especially if I have Christmas music playing while I am wrapping, then it is even better!

I need to buy gift cards for the teachers soon, for Christmas gifts for them. Have to figure out how many I need, as Elise has extra teachers (gets pulled out for math, reading, spelling & speech). Always adds up!

I did sign up yesterday for the crop next saturday. Should be fun. I think one of my friends is going too, which is good. But even if I go alone I don't mind, I will make friends!

Mailed out our Christmas cards yesterday, but may need to re-order a few more. I am sure I have a couple more to mail cards too & only have 3 left! Normally I have at least 10 leftover after all is said & done.

Happy Hannukah, to anyone that celebrates! We don't celebrate Hannukah, but I am going to still make some latkes for the family today probably! I love potato pancakes & what better excuse than to honor hannukah & make some!

Have a good day all, whatever you get up to!
PedalPower Offline
#376 Posted : Sunday, December 09, 2012 7:29:39 AM(UTC)
PedalPower

Was thanked: 1566 time(s) in 932 post(s)
Hi girls...yesterday was my Michelle Zindorf class. I took both the beginner and advanced classes. If you're not familiar with her, google her and check out her blog. She makes the most gorgeous scenery cards using a brayer and very simple stamps. I learned so much and had a really great time! We made six cards. The first ones were fairly basic. The last three were a bit more challenging, but I feel like I could easily do them again. It was a wonderful day, I could hardly sleep last night because I was so inspired!
DebbieScraps Offline
#377 Posted : Sunday, December 09, 2012 4:26:27 PM(UTC)
DebbieScraps

September is the month that DD is hoping to get married, all depends on being able to tie up a venue and church. Her bridesmaids will be in red so the colour scheme will be black, red and white. I think for the invites she will just go for a one layer DL sized invite decorated with ribbon and bling with a magnet on the back that people can put it on their fridge as a reminder but it is not something that we have really discussed much yet. Joy, would love to see what you have been creating.

Sonya, I love Michelle's work, she is so talented - super jealous of you being able to do a workshop with her Laugh Will you put what you made on your blog?
PedalPower Offline
#378 Posted : Sunday, December 09, 2012 4:38:39 PM(UTC)
PedalPower

Yes, Debbie!!! Check out my blog tomorrow.
joyfullycrafting Offline
#379 Posted : Sunday, December 09, 2012 6:05:35 PM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

I will check out your blog tomorrow, Sonya! I always see your adorable cards on facebook.

Debbie, I just realized that your birthday and Megan's fiance's are on the same day!!

Had a nice quiet day, kind of. Kate and I were both on worship team. All Christmas song. YAY!!!! Then home and later out to my parent's for birthday cake and ice cream for me, Jordan, and Brandon. My siste gave me prunes. I guess fair is fair. I gave her a bouquet made from rose stems and prunes when she turned 50.

Jeffie desperately wants to play fetch, but he does not have the concept of "drop" down yet.

Sandra, did you find a nice coat for Troy?

Good night, all.
SandraB. Offline
#380 Posted : Sunday, December 09, 2012 7:35:09 PM(UTC)
SandraB.

Canada

Hi everyone;
Just got back from taking Troy home. And it's snowing again! When we got Troy home I realized he didn't wear his new boots homeCursing! Oh well, it's bowling on Tues., so I can take them then. Just finishing up the last few cards I had started, hope I will have enough. Went to M's today and didn't find a thing I wanted.Mad!

Joy: glad you had a nice birthday celebration...prunes and all! Yes, I did find nice warm coat for Troy.

Sonya: your class sounds like it was fun.

Sharon: glad you registered for your crop. I really have to get busy shopping for the kids, just haven't been in the moodCrying!

Tomorrow evening my sister & I are taking my mom to "A Walk Around Bethelehem" production at a church close to her.

Better run and finish up my cards before Amazing Race comes on.

Take care everyone, bye for nowBigGrin BigGrin
joyfullycrafting Offline
#381 Posted : Monday, December 10, 2012 8:39:36 AM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

Originally Posted by: PedalPower Go to Quoted Post
Yes, Debbie!!! Check out my blog tomorrow.

Sonya, I just came from your blog. I can see why you had such an amazing class! Those cards are just beautiful!!!!
PedalPower Offline
#382 Posted : Monday, December 10, 2012 8:49:11 AM(UTC)
PedalPower

Thanks for checking it out, Joy...it was a great day. I am making some brayer cards this morning, they look nice, but nothing like Michelle's. At least the brayer didn't stay in the box too long. BigGrin
joyfullycrafting Offline
#383 Posted : Monday, December 10, 2012 8:54:52 AM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

DH gets his staples out today. He can't wait. Jill gets her stitches out tomorrow from her lip surgery last week (taking care of the bad scar that Jeffie's tooth left last spring).

Hope to get another card made today. We'll see. I got three cute ones done last Saturday afternoon. I have spent a bit more time on these random cards, but I am having fun doing them. I have been using A Quilted Christmas. Lots of layers on that cartridge!
NJsharon Offline
#384 Posted : Monday, December 10, 2012 6:22:05 PM(UTC)
NJsharon

Ooh getting staples out, or stitches out of a lip sounds painful to me! Making me cringe just listening to that!

I signed up for a weight loss/fitness challenge at my gym/health club today. Starts Jan 7th & should force me to exercise more often & hopefully lose some weight! You have to complete 3 challenges a week, so should be pretty hard work trying to fit in that many things. But I will do it!

Sandra, I love Amazing Race!
DebbieScraps Offline
#385 Posted : Tuesday, December 11, 2012 2:46:39 AM(UTC)
DebbieScraps

Well I took Jet to meet Romulus for the first time last night, Jet does not like other dogs, he is scared of them especially since he was attacked by a bigger dog in the park when he was a pup. I thought that with Romulus being a young pup and much smaller than Jet that he would be fine but Jet did not like Romulus at all Crying Mad Romulus just wanted to play and Jet kept running away from him!!! I am taking Jet back there again tonight to give it another go, he is just going to have to get use to him, Romulus is here to stay and they will have a lot of time together!
DebbieScraps Offline
#386 Posted : Tuesday, December 11, 2012 2:56:59 AM(UTC)
DebbieScraps

Joy, December is going to be a busy month for you with birthdays and Christmas! I had to laugh at the prune roses BigGrin I must remember that one!

Sonya, loved the cards, especially the last one of the beginners class BigGrin

Nancy, you have been very quiet, hope all is wellHuh

Sandra, how annoying to find DS had left his boots behind! Hope he does not need them before you can drop them off to him.

The pool is covered in a blanket of flowers again (sigh) I have just spent half an hour scooping them off and it is still covered in flowers. They are minute flowers so it is quite a job.
joyfullycrafting Offline
#387 Posted : Tuesday, December 11, 2012 11:44:37 AM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

Debbie, oh to have a pool covered with flowers!!!! Right now, warm would feel really good.

I think I am moving backward, not forward. I just feel so behind. I got three sympathy cards made this morning (we have a funeral tomorrow and another on Thursday, and one of the cards I will mail), laundry going, dishes going, and things still like a cyclone hit.

We are having a bday dinner for Jorday tonight, and I will also include Brandon. Late for Jordan, early for Brandon.

Jeffie was ON A ROLL this morning. I finally locked him out of the house. So he went to Megan's house to bother Jordan. He was taking everything and would not drop anything. He found a box of kleenex in my craft room and took it outside and ripped to shreds. He ripped a toy apart. There was stuffing all over the yard. He got a GOOD pair of knitting needles and ran outside with them. Whew. I am exhausted.

Nick is not thrilled with Jeffie, he just tolerates him.

We realized this morning that when Jill is driving home, half of Boise will be driving to LasVegas for a football game. Which is a good thing. Lots of BSU fans there to rescue here if anything happens. I told her to take paper and a sharpie and if she has issues, write "HELP! I am a Bronco fan."

lv2scrap02 Offline
#388 Posted : Tuesday, December 11, 2012 4:14:21 PM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Was thanked: 1229 time(s) in 952 post(s)
Originally Posted by: PedalPower Go to Quoted Post
Hi girls...yesterday was my Michelle Zindorf class. I took both the beginner and advanced classes. If you're not familiar with her, google her and check out her blog. She makes the most gorgeous scenery cards using a brayer and very simple stamps. I learned so much and had a really great time! We made six cards. The first ones were fairly basic. The last three were a bit more challenging, but I feel like I could easily do them again. It was a wonderful day, I could hardly sleep last night because I was so inspired!

Sonya.. great job on the cards. I have been following Michelle for years of course on line. She is amazing.

When i first saw this technique of course I had to buy a set of the spectrum ink pads. Glad you enjoyed the class
lv2scrap02 Offline
#389 Posted : Tuesday, December 11, 2012 4:24:47 PM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Hi Girls,

I have been MIA. I really really needed to take care of things around the house. This is all new to me having a grand child around the house ...

I spent the weekend cleaning out and organizing my basement. Cleaning out kitchen cabinets needed to make room for Abigail food and such.

My basement looks wonderful. I got rid of so much stuff I figured it I didn't use it in 2 yrs. out it goes. Pasta machines, slicing machines, so much stuff.

As I was going thru some stuff I came across of knitting books and crochet books, looms (all this before Cricut came into my life) I was going to get rid of it all and then stopped and said I can teach my grand daughter when she gets older.

But at least the basement is spanking clean and organized. That was Sat and sunday

Then the past several days decorating. All the windows have lights and decorations. Abby comes over and she is looking all around with a puzzle look on her face like where did all my pictures go!! So now we just need a tree and I am done.

lv2scrap02 Offline
#390 Posted : Tuesday, December 11, 2012 4:37:06 PM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Joy.. HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY

Jeffie is like having a toddler aroundBigGrin

Edited by user Tuesday, December 11, 2012 4:38:16 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified