Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

CardDiva Offline
#1 Posted : Sunday, December 09, 2012 5:39:18 AM(UTC)
CardDiva

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Hi

I bought the Ulitimate Creative Series Sampler cartridges +_ 2 weeks ago.
It's an AWESOME cartrdige, with 10 project dvd's, 1 instructions dvd, and
1 tips & tricks dvd. I also got the Cricut Imagine bonus dvd, as well. Love
The problem is though, when I watched the Imagine bonus dvd, it states that
you must go & print out your instructions.This is where I have a problem, as
there are no instructions for any of the Imagine projects, on the instructions
dvd, on the bonus Imagine dvd, or on the tips & tricks dvd.

Plse can someone help me, as I would really love all the instructions for
the all the projects on the bonus Imagine dvd. Is there supposed to be a
seperate instructions dvd?, as I did not receive it with my bonus Imagine
dvd. Confused

thks

Sharon
ddair Offline
#2 Posted : Sunday, December 09, 2012 11:51:34 AM(UTC)
ddair

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered

Was thanked: 473 time(s) in 362 post(s)
Sharon,
I just received the first set I ordered yesterday and was so impressed and GLAD that I decided to order additional sets as gifts!BigGrin

To answer your question, I opened the three cd's you mentioned. The instructions to print are on the DVD that says "Instructional CD".I can see where there may be some confusion as my computer wanted me to select "auto run" or use a specific program. Just ignore that stuff!BigGrin LOL

Here is what you need to do to print your instructions. They are Adobe PDF's. That is a free program that you should have on your computer. If not, you can "download and install" from www.adobe.com.

Place the DVD in your DVD drive.

Go to your "start" menu and look for "computer". You may already have an icon on your desktop.

Click on "computer" to open.

Then look for the drive that shows your CD drive. Left click on the drive and another menu will open to the right.

Select "OPEN" and you will see the list of the various projects that are on the DVDs',click the one you want and it will open as a PDF and you may print and/ or SAVE any one you choose.

I hope this will help you! Enjoy your fabulous set!BigGrin

Diania
CardDiva Offline
#3 Posted : Sunday, December 09, 2012 12:56:47 PM(UTC)
CardDiva

Hi Diania

Ths so much for the information, & I followed your instructions, however I still only get the instructions for the original 10 dvd's that are in the box set. I also got a bonus Imagine dvd, and the instructions are definitely not on, the instructions dvd, that I received.Crying

thks

Sharon
Freda C. Offline
#4 Posted : Sunday, December 09, 2012 4:07:49 PM(UTC)
Freda C.

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
United States

Was thanked: 408 time(s) in 186 post(s)
Originally Posted by: CardDiva Go to Quoted Post
Hi Diania

Ths so much for the information, & I followed your instructions, however I still only get the instructions for the original 10 dvd's that are in the box set. I also got a bonus Imagine dvd, and the instructions are definitely not on, the instructions dvd, that I received.Crying

thks

Sharon

I contacted PC about this and they don't seem to know what to look for, they sent me a dvd on how to use my Imagine....You are absolutely correct, the directions are not included on the dvd you are referring to....Maybe one day PC will find the files that should have been included on the dvd.

Perhaps if everyone that ordered the set contacted PC they would be more motivated to find the files and make them available.

I'm going to call PC on Monday because it has been quite some time since they have responded about this issue and I'd like to have an answer.

Freda
ddair Offline
#5 Posted : Sunday, December 09, 2012 4:16:20 PM(UTC)
ddair

Was thanked: 473 time(s) in 362 post(s)
I am sorry. I did not check specifically for the Imagine. I misunderstood as I thought you indicated that you could not access any instructions on the Informational CD.

The only other option that I can suggest is to send a message to Jigger? sp Adams via facebook and she may be able to help.

Diania
Khrista Offline
#6 Posted : Sunday, December 09, 2012 5:34:43 PM(UTC)
Khrista

United States

Was thanked: 2490 time(s) in 1389 post(s)
Hi

I bought the Ulitimate Creative Series Sampler cartridges +_ 2 weeks ago.
It's an AWESOME cartrdige, with 10 project dvd's, 1 instructions dvd, and
1 tips & tricks dvd. I also got the Cricut Imagine bonus dvd, as well. Love
The problem is though, when I watched the Imagine bonus dvd, it states that
you must go & print out your instructions.This is where I have a problem, as
there are no instructions for any of the Imagine projects, on the instructions
dvd, on the bonus Imagine dvd, or on the tips & tricks dvd.

Plse can someone help me, as I would really love all the instructions for
the all the projects on the bonus Imagine dvd. Is there supposed to be a
seperate instructions dvd?, as I did not receive it with my bonus Imagine
dvd. Confused

thks

Sharon

If it's not on the Instructional CD, Try to PM Cricut Mallie on here. She may be able to help.
That particular DVD for the Imagine has been around quite a while. I don't know if I've ever seen paper instructions for the projects.

HTH
:)Khrista
Freda C. Offline
#7 Posted : Sunday, December 09, 2012 5:38:47 PM(UTC)
Freda C.

United States

Originally Posted by: Khrista Go to Quoted Post
If it's not on the Instructional CD, Try to PM Cricut Mallie on here. She may be able to help.
That particular DVD for the Imagine has been around quite a while. I don't know if I've ever seen paper instructions for the projects.

HTH
:)Khrista

The dvd tells you with each project to print out the instructions...but there are no instructions to be found on the entire dvd. I'm going to call again Monday and see if I can get an answer.

Freda
CardDiva Offline
#8 Posted : Monday, December 10, 2012 1:39:15 AM(UTC)
CardDiva

@ Diania. No problem, but thks very much for all your help, it is really appreciated. Cool
I have send Jinger Adams a inbox message on Facebook, +- 1 week ago,but I've not had a reply yet.

@ Freda. Thks for all your help too, and plse can you keep me posted, on what you find out.
As I live in Cape Town - South Africa, and the time difference is +- 8 hrs behind us here,
so I'm unable to phone the customer support people.Crying

@ Khrista. Thks so much for your help too, I will send a pm to Cricut Mallie, to find out, if she can perhaps help me.

U ladies, ROCK! BigGrin

thks

Sharon

carnsparger8523af0f Offline
#9 Posted : Monday, December 10, 2012 6:46:19 AM(UTC)
carnsparger8523af0f

Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 18 post(s)
well this stinks...please let me know if u find a answer to this question..i was gonna buy this package because it was amazingly cheap but now im gonna wait to see what someone finds out...im confused enough with my projects i dont wanna spend money on this and be more confused...lol...
Freda C. Offline
#10 Posted : Monday, December 10, 2012 8:51:50 AM(UTC)
Freda C.

United States

I just got off the phone with Tanya from ProvoCraft. She said there were no instructions included on the dvd by the people who made it for them. She stated that this was included as a bonus just for watching and following along. There are no instructions for the 10 projects on this 1 dvd.

There are instructions for all the projects on the Ultimate dvd series though. I have a 3-4" binder filled with all the instructions from all the dvd's in that set. They all print out nicely with complete instructions for the projects from the cartridge included.

I'm still going to do a bit a sleuthing to figure out some sizes for these projects, if I can come up with something I'll let you know.

Freda
CardDiva Offline
#11 Posted : Tuesday, December 11, 2012 1:11:49 AM(UTC)
CardDiva

It's a pity there are no instructions for the bonus Imagine dvd.The instructions for the actual 10 dvd's are very well presented, and easy to follow too. BigGrin

Thks for keeping me posted Freda. I really do appreciate all you effort!
U rock!BigGrin

thks

Sharon
CardDiva Offline
#12 Posted : Tuesday, December 11, 2012 1:27:37 AM(UTC)
CardDiva

Hi Freda C

I just found your other post, where you have supplied all the sizes and the instructions for
the 1st 2 projects on the Imagine bonus dvd.Love

AWESOME... THANK YOU so much.

U ROCK, Freda CBigGrin

thks

Sharon
Freda C. Offline
#13 Posted : Tuesday, December 11, 2012 8:12:43 AM(UTC)
Freda C.

United States

Hi Freda C

I just found your other post, where you have supplied all the sizes and the instructions for
the 1st 2 projects on the Imagine bonus dvd.Love

AWESOME... THANK YOU so much.

U ROCK, Freda CBigGrin

thks

Sharon

Keep looking for it, I'll add the sizes as I get time over the next few weeks or so....just put #3 up a little bit ago...

https://www.cricut.com/f...isc-Project-3-Added.aspx

Freda

Edited by user Tuesday, December 11, 2012 8:13:55 AM(UTC)  | Reason: added link to other post

slapsappyhappy Offline
#14 Posted : Friday, December 14, 2012 2:07:46 PM(UTC)
slapsappyhappy

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 18 post(s)
I am looking to get a Christmas present for my cousin, would you recommend the set? Are the DVD's worth it? Do you regret buying it or do you love it? Should I get her the set or a different cartridge?
Freda C. Offline
#15 Posted : Friday, December 14, 2012 2:42:12 PM(UTC)
Freda C.

United States

Originally Posted by: slapsappyhappy Go to Quoted Post
I am looking to get a Christmas present for my cousin, would you recommend the set? Are the DVD's worth it? Do you regret buying it or do you love it? Should I get her the set or a different cartridge?

The actual Creative DVD series is wonderful and includes all the instructions on the disc. The one people are having issues with is the Imagine Bonus dvd that was included showing you how to make projects with your Imagine...it tells you to print off your directions, but there were no printable directions included on the dvd.

We have asked repeatedly for directions and PC just blows us off and blames the maker of the dvd instead of admitting that their quality control failed yet again...the last impression I got was that it was free so they weren't going to put themselves out to figure out the directions, but they will continue to include it in the set...

There were a couple projects on this dvd that I wanted to make and I do have the software and ability to manipulate the dvd to figure out the sizes that are needed for 5 of the 10 projects on the Imagine Bonus dvd and have posted the sizes. Probably won't have time to do the remaining 5 projects until after the holidays...

I bought the set just for the dvd's because I already had all the cartridges that were included on the Ultimate cartridge...It would make a wonderful gift. And that coming from me is high praise considering the fact that I am selling anything that doesn't work like it's supposed to and will be replacing it with other products that work as advertised, just shipped out my wireless E2 adapter that quit working when I updated to windows 8, PC says it "should" work but if it doesn't it's someone else's fault-call them....

I would suggest you throw out the Imagine Bonus Dvd if you get it to save the recipient the headache of figuring out how to make the projects. I've included a pic of the packaging and the dvd in question....

Freda

Edited by user Friday, December 14, 2012 2:54:25 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

File Attachment(s):
IMG_0068.JPG (1,887kb) downloaded 12 time(s).
 1 user thanked Freda C. for this useful post.
slapsappyhappy on 12/14/2012(UTC)
daylilyjp95fc4325 Offline
#16 Posted : Friday, April 12, 2013 12:03:47 PM(UTC)
daylilyjp95fc4325

Just spent thirty minutes on the phone with PC - had to take a picture of the Cricut Imagine Bonus DVD/cover that comes with the Ultimate Creative Series, as they had no idea what I was talking about, when I told them there were no instructions included on the DVD. Turns out that PC did not publish any instructions with the Bonus CD, or any other Bonus CD for that matter. Hmmmm ... would have thought PC would have told their instructors not to mention to print the instructions when they video taped the projects. Other than that - looks like a great cartridge and projects with all the DVD's. Just got it this week so haven't had much of a chance to do anything except watch a few of the DVD's.
janeshepherd Offline
#17 Posted : Sunday, April 14, 2013 7:55:06 PM(UTC)
janeshepherd

Was thanked: 45 time(s) in 25 post(s)
Besides the missing instructions for the Imagine projects. There's also problems with the instructions for the Families are Forever page layout.

The original cuts came from Just Because cards. Instruction don't mention you need to use real dial size. Not all the cuts for the tree are on the Ultimate Cart.

Wasn't nearly as quick as I wanted it to be. But I'm still happy with the layout.

janeshepherd attached the following image(s):
102_5893.jpg
 1 user thanked janeshepherd for this useful post.
CardDiva on 4/16/2013(UTC)