Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

karlala198712fa2256 Offline
#1 Posted : Friday, December 07, 2012 4:15:56 PM(UTC)
karlala198712fa2256

Groups: Registered

Hello all :)

I desperately need some help/advice...I'm using an Expression 2 and CCR trying to make a large vinyl wall decal for my nieces birthday present and the party is tomorrow! I'm using the Word Collage cartridge (purchased the digital version a week ago) and a 12 x 24 mat. Set everything up in CCR just as I wanted it and it won't cut! It takes me through all the normal promptings and then once it sucks the mat in and I click 'Continue' to cut, it just says 'cutting' and freezes up and CCR stops responding.

Called Support and they said sometimes if the image is too large it won't cut...so I made the image 10" x 8" and it does the same thing! So frustrated...I've literally tried everything and at least 15 times to get it to cut. NOTHING!

P.S. if you can't make images as large as Provo Craft's largest mat (12x24) then what's the point of having a mat of that size?!

Please help if you can :)

Thank you in advance....
Karla
CricketCMV Offline
#2 Posted : Friday, December 07, 2012 7:35:16 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 7594 time(s) in 4447 post(s)
I don't know if it's too late....maybe you could try "FIT TO PAGE". You may not get the size you want; but, it's worth a try. Be sure you are showing the 12X24" Mat on the side menus in CCR (maybe you are; can't remember whether or not you said).

No lines can go past the yellow fringe (1/4" from the 12X12" all the way around the mat). If anything is touching there, you probably won't be able to cut. I don't know why you couldn't use the other size you tried. I would try "FIT TO PAGE".

Another thing you might try....don't resize on the project that wouldn't cut for you. START a new project to try something else. That particular project might have something it doesn't like on/around the mat....and maybe just starting over new will help everything.

HTH.

Char

Edited by user Friday, December 07, 2012 7:38:10 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Narelle Offline
#3 Posted : Friday, December 07, 2012 8:26:40 PM(UTC)
Narelle

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Australia

Was thanked: 7577 time(s) in 3540 post(s)
Have you had any trouble cutting from CCR to your E2 before? Have you updated your E2 to the latest version using Cricut Sync? And have you installed the E2 drivers to your computer? (Assuming it's not a Mac which doesn't need drivers.)

Also, could you try cutting just one small word from the cartridge to see if that will work. It may be that the connection is timing out.

Edited by user Friday, December 07, 2012 8:28:28 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified