Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

50 Pages«<1011121314>»
Shelly Offline
#331 Posted : Monday, December 03, 2012 9:33:32 AM(UTC)
Shelly

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 282 time(s) in 246 post(s)
Joy - So glad your DH is doing better! Hope he has a speedy recovery!

Sharon - Congrats on your winning. Hope you feel better.

Nancy - Cute pic of your granddaughter. She is so cute! Aren't grandchildren the best! I have a grandson, 18 months. He is so much fun! Embroidered him a shirt that said "Who needs Santa, I've got Grandma" to wear to a Christmas party we took him to. When my husband saw it, he said "Well, ain't that the truth". I spoil that child!

Get to go back to the dentist today. Yippee! LOL! But then done till the first of the year when my insurance will start over.

Trying to finish up things. We leave on our cruise on Wednesday, and I have been making door decorations. I did it one time and thought my husband would think I was nuts, but he always asks me if I have anything because it helps him find our room easier. I love my cricut for this. I can use the things later for scrapbook layouts of the trip.

I don't think I will be back on the boards till we get back in two weeks, too much to get done. So happy crafting to everyone!
 1 user thanked Shelly for this useful post.
lv2scrap02 on 12/4/2012(UTC)
joyfullycrafting Offline
#332 Posted : Monday, December 03, 2012 12:31:01 PM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

Was thanked: 1391 time(s) in 1101 post(s)
Shelly, just in case you pop back on, have a great cruise!!!! Did I mention that we love cruising! Love LOL Flapper

Brought DH home today. I think the nurses were ready for him to come home. He was taking himself for walks and they would loose him.

Last week he had Jordan bring Megan's recliner over. Right now, he is sleeping in it.

I feel so behind! I pretty much lost most of last week between me, then DH not feeling well. I hope I can get myself caught up. I have GOT to get Kate's wedding invites done. But she HAS to get the specific date and time down so I can print and stamp them.

Did I mention I got Winter Frolic? I did get gift tags cut with it when we got home. VERY simple one cut tags. It has some cute shapes.

~JD~ Offline
#333 Posted : Monday, December 03, 2012 6:13:51 PM(UTC)
~JD~

United States

Was thanked: 1150 time(s) in 894 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Shelly Go to Quoted Post
Joy - So glad your DH is doing better! Hope he has a speedy recovery!

Sharon - Congrats on your winning. Hope you feel better.

Nancy - Cute pic of your granddaughter. She is so cute! Aren't grandchildren the best! I have a grandson, 18 months. He is so much fun! Embroidered him a shirt that said "Who needs Santa, I've got Grandma" to wear to a Christmas party we took him to. When my husband saw it, he said "Well, ain't that the truth". I spoil that child!

Get to go back to the dentist today. Yippee! LOL! But then done till the first of the year when my insurance will start over.

Trying to finish up things. We leave on our cruise on Wednesday, and I have been making door decorations. I did it one time and thought my husband would think I was nuts, but he always asks me if I have anything because it helps him find our room easier. I love my cricut for this. I can use the things later for scrapbook layouts of the trip.

I don't think I will be back on the boards till we get back in two weeks, too much to get done. So happy crafting to everyone!

Shelly, just want to say have fun on your cruise...I leave on mine in Feb. so I have a bit of a wait. :) Can I ask where your going?
SandraB. Offline
#334 Posted : Monday, December 03, 2012 8:19:39 PM(UTC)
SandraB.

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
Canada

Was thanked: 240 time(s) in 204 post(s)
Hi everyone;
Just got home from another going-away dinner for a fellow EA. Had to trade my rental vehicle in for another rental as dh saw oil on the garage floor after I left this a.m. He works right by the rental place, so they switched the vehicles up for me after he spoke with them. I sure hope I get me own van back real soon...getting real tired of all this.Cursing

Joy: glad your hubby is home and on the mend. I have the Winter Frolic cart, I never think to use any of them to cut tags or cardsBlushing. Will have to give it a try.

Angie: glad your bazaar went well and you were able to sell a few things

PaperKrafter: that is quite the hutch for your bunny. We have 2 cats in our house...sister and brother. What a deal you found for your grandaughters...bet they are having a ball

Sharon: hope you made it through the day ok

Shelly: hope your dentist appt. went well. Have a great time on your cruiseBigGrin.

Take care everyoneBigGrin

Larmabee Offline
#335 Posted : Monday, December 03, 2012 8:47:09 PM(UTC)
Larmabee

Canada

Was thanked: 371 time(s) in 290 post(s)
Hello everyone.
Just got back from my first cookie exchange for the season. I only go for the socializing - We sure don't need more baking in the house! I took one of the new teachers with me to meet some new people. I picked her up on my snowmobile. We had so much fun digging up the new snow!
Skooter (the small escapee dog of our house) got hooked on the fence on his way over. When DD got home from school she heard him crying. No idea how long he was hanging upside down by a back paw. He wouldn't come out of the dog house for supper. Poor little guy - hopefully he learnt his lesson!
Joy Speedy recovery for your DH and speedy catching up for you! I'm glad to hear the doctors caught the blockage quickly. They can be quite dangerous!
Sandra Rental vehicles can be such an annoyance. It will be nice to have your own vehicle again! it had been a couple weeks, hasn't it?
Shelly My DH is warming up to my cricut too. I have made a few things for his store. He is slowly seeing value in it.
Sharon I read about Okie too. I sure got a kick out of her!
Angie I love the idea of being a "craftie auntie"! Layla is sooo adorable. She would be easy to spoil if she were closer!
Hello to everyone else!
Take care
Laura
Shelly Offline
#336 Posted : Monday, December 03, 2012 10:58:58 PM(UTC)
Shelly

United States

Was thanked: 282 time(s) in 246 post(s)
We are going on the Carnival Dream,Western Caribbean. Leave early Wednesday morning for a full day of flying. It will be DH, oldest daughter, my husband's sister and myself. We are going to Disneyworld for the next two days. It is my daughter's favorite place and she begged us to go there. Then on Saturday, we board the boat. My youngest daughter and her husband are flying in on Friday and meeting us at the boat. Will be a lot of fun I think.

The ports we are going to are Cozumel, Belize, Roatan, and Costa Maya. I have been to Cozumel before, but not the other ports.

I will post pics of the door decorations when I get back. I also made a mini envelope album for my oldest daughter, that she can use as a mini scrapbook of the trip if she wants. Didn't use any cricut on it, because it was real last minute, just fun stickers I found. Expensive this way, but when I decided to do it, I knew I wouldn't have time to cut everything out. But it turned out cute. I got the idea off of Cards TV. It has a layout for everyday we are gone to go along with what is happening that day. It is nice because being made with envelopes, there are places to put her tickets and things she might collect at the different places. There is also room for at least one picture at each place she can put on there when she gets back. I showed my husband and he was impressed. He doesn't get impressed easily, so that was nice.

Need to get to bed. Have a full day of laundry, packing and last minute shopping for all those odds and ends I need.

See you in about 10 days or so.
DebbieScraps Offline
#337 Posted : Tuesday, December 04, 2012 1:13:37 AM(UTC)
DebbieScraps

Was thanked: 165 time(s) in 161 post(s)
Shelly that cruise sounds wonderful, I am looking forward to hearing all about it when you get back. Loved the saying you embroidered for your grandchild saying he doesn't need Santa, he has Grandma - Nancy you need to get Abigail one of those LOL LOL LOL LOL

Today is sweltering, I have the aircon going full blast and it is still hot!!!

Put the christmas tree up today and it looks very pretty, I do like this colour scheme this year BigGrin and yes Sonya, I did decorate it wearing shorts LOL hope you were able to as well. The water in the pool is still icey though.
PedalPower Offline
#338 Posted : Tuesday, December 04, 2012 5:12:34 AM(UTC)
PedalPower

Was thanked: 1566 time(s) in 932 post(s)
I Christmas shopped yesterday with my sunroof open, does that count, Debbie!!?!?!

Looking forward to a field trip today with my son's class. We're headed to a historical home in our downtown. Won't be an all day event, and the kids can't run wild, so this is a perfect one for me to go on.
NJsharon Offline
#339 Posted : Tuesday, December 04, 2012 6:52:52 AM(UTC)
NJsharon

Was thanked: 395 time(s) in 236 post(s)
Shelly, have brilliant fun on your cruise, I am super jealous! I love cruising, but don't go on my next cruise until the weekend of May 31st! Oh & I love Carnival cruise lines too. That is who we generally cruise with, although I am not too picky! LOL

Well I was feeling rough last night still, so called out sick. Of course, I wake up & feeling so much better. But oh well, will just have a day to take it easy.

Maybe will start to wrap some gifts today, to put under the tree.

joyfullycrafting Offline
#340 Posted : Tuesday, December 04, 2012 9:06:56 AM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

Good Morning. Tired this morning. DH was up quite a bit.

We kind of like Princess Cruise Lines, which is owned by Carnival Corp. We are going to Hawaii in January with some friends who just retired. We will drive back to CA with Jill and be at her house a couple of weeks before we get on the ship. Nice to have a B&B close to the port. Except instead of paying, we work for our supper!!! Jill loves it when we visit for that long.

We would like to go on an Eastern or Southern Caribbean in the next couple of years. We have never been that direction. On Carnival as we have some Carnival pre-pay that needs used.

I should be straightening up the house as DH's sister will be here before too long, but I decided to chat first.

Couldn't wear shorts here! Excpet maybe for Jordan. It has been really rainy. Not super cold, but cool enough.

Laura, how is your poor puppy today???? That little guy has some issues, doesn't he.

Sandra, any idea when you might get your van back?

Well, best I go get busy. Jordan has Jeffie corraled at Megan's house for now. That dog is a bundle of energy. Jordan is really good with him.
PedalPower Offline
#341 Posted : Tuesday, December 04, 2012 9:47:39 AM(UTC)
PedalPower

The field trip was wonderful...the kids behaved well, the historic home was beautiful for the holidays and it didn't pour rain until after the kids were back in school. BigGrin
joyfullycrafting Offline
#342 Posted : Tuesday, December 04, 2012 10:11:04 AM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

Originally Posted by: PedalPower Go to Quoted Post
The field trip was wonderful...the kids behaved well, the historic home was beautiful for the holidays and it didn't pour rain until after the kids were back in school. BigGrin

Glad it went well!

Oh, the joys of being on field trips. But, I am guessing that the students in DS's class are probably a bit better behaved than the field trips I went on. We live in like the lowest socio-economic town in our state, so we don't always get well-parented kids.

PedalPower Offline
#343 Posted : Tuesday, December 04, 2012 10:31:31 AM(UTC)
PedalPower

Joy, I'm so proud of the kids. They didn't touch anything (historic site, shouldn't do that!), asked great questions and really were well prepared for what they were seeing. It was the best field trip I have been on in a long time!
lv2scrap02 Offline
#344 Posted : Tuesday, December 04, 2012 4:46:18 PM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Was thanked: 1229 time(s) in 952 post(s)
Shelly... enjoy your cruise Love the saying on your grand childs shirt. That is a cute oneBigGrin

Joy.. glad DH is home and feeling better

Sonya.. glad you enjoyed the class trip I remember the last one you went on

Laura.. I sure hope the little guy is ok!!

Sandra... hope you get your van back soon..

So busy around here trying to get all the gifts wrapped, Abby taking shorter and shorter naps.

lv2scrap02 Offline
#345 Posted : Tuesday, December 04, 2012 4:48:21 PM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Our last Cruise was to Bermuda if any of you haven't been there book it. It was wonderful

We did the Eastern Carr. 2 x the Western 1x both very nice but Bermuda the best.

JeanneLee Offline
#346 Posted : Tuesday, December 04, 2012 7:34:17 PM(UTC)
JeanneLee

Was thanked: 213 time(s) in 198 post(s)
Hi girls,

Joy, glad to hear your hubby is home and has his own personal *nurse* to take care of him! Laugh

Shelly, sounds like a wonderful cruise to go on...have a wonderful time(though you may not be back here for 10 days to see this post!)

Sandra
, that's a bummer about the vehicle, hope this one won't give you any problems and yours is fixed soon.

Debbie! How funny to be putting a tree up in shorts with the temps so hot!
We actually have had some warm temps here in Maryland...70 degrees yesterday and today!
Suppose to get cooler tom'w..

Sonya
, I loved going on field trips to historical places..and still do! We live in a state where there is a lot of history to visit...you should come for a visit! Smile
My next place is to go see the Stature of Liberty and Ellis Island...hopefully before my sophomore gradates our home school!

Hey Nancy! Abigail is growing out of her naps...uh-oh. I remember those days! Seems like I never got much done!Wink

Just wanted to check in and say Hi...got my Christmas carts out to look and see what ornament to make with my Sun-sch class kids this weekend. We need to make about 28...so need to keep it simple!

Have a great night!
SandraB. Offline
#347 Posted : Tuesday, December 04, 2012 10:11:24 PM(UTC)
SandraB.

Canada

Evening everyone;
Just got home from a real barn-burner hockey game! Our boys came out on top in the endBigGrin! The adjuster was out to see the van today, so now hopefully the repairs can get going soon. It's now been 1 1/2 weeks since the "accident".

Joy: hope dh is feeling better. Hope you have a nice visit with DH sister

Sharon: hope you had a relaxing day

Laura: your snowmobile ride sounds like fun. Hope the "little guy" is doing ok

Nancy: hope you were able to get some wrapping done while Abby had her nap. No wrapping here yet as I haven't done hardly any shopping

Debbie: sure didn't put the tree up in shorts here, it's something like -10C!

Shelly: your cruise sounds wonderful. We've never been on one, hopefully someday

Sonja: nice to hear your school trip went well. It's nice to go when the kids are well-behaved.

I've been debating on getting another Expression as a back-up. Was wondering about getting a reconditioned one. Any thoughts? I don't want an E2 and I'm afraid they will stop making the E.
Nite for now.

joyfullycrafting Offline
#348 Posted : Wednesday, December 05, 2012 8:31:54 AM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

Hi.

Sandra, I hope that you do get to go on a cruise some day! I believe I saw that JD said that her upcoming cruise would be her first.

Not too many historical things to see around here. Most of our field trips are to the zoo and something called The Discovery Center (science) about 60 miles away. We are right on the Oregon Trail, but there is just not much to see. Wagon ruts are not real exciting.

Between DH and Jeffie, I am staying busy trying to keep up. Jeffie is not happy right now. He is in time out. He has had too many different non-dog things in his mouth this morning.

I hope to go to choir practice early today to get some errands done that just didn't get done last week.

Tomorrow, I get to take out some sutures and DH's drip pain med system! Oh boy. The dr even gave me a suture removal kit. He said, just don't cut the cathetar or DH will have to live with inside of him for the rest of his life. Hmmmm.

It is not very cold out (wet!) but it is HOT in our house. We heat with wood, so it is a bit harder to regulate.

Hopefully, stamping and embossing today.
lv2scrap02 Offline
#349 Posted : Wednesday, December 05, 2012 3:20:14 PM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Originally Posted by: PaperKrafter4Life Go to Quoted Post
A daughter, a mother, a wife:
just want to share this with my fellow cricut gals

I WAS YOUNG ONCE, JUST LIKE YOU

You look at me every day

But you don’t really see ME

You will never know the person that I used to be

I was young once, just like you

And used to enjoy some of the same things too!

I had so much Joy in my Life

I was a daughter,a Mother, a wife

The years they all went by---------- so FAST

That great life I had, ----------is now in the past

I got OLDER and couldn’t do things quite so well

I walked slower, couldn’t hear and my health started to fail

The family all grown and gone

They are still concerned about “OL' Mom

Now that they are older and eager to give me ADVICE

Tell me straight out

What I should do with my life!

They think the best plan should BE

to sell my home and move to a retirement COMMUNITY

To leave my house and give up all my stuff

So hard for me to do, it was very RUFF!

The things that I treasured and held so dear

Most all of them gone, so I could move in HERE

Part of me is Happy to see my new place

Fun things to do, New friends to make

But the rest of me is really SCARED, for Heaven’s Sake

It will take time, if this is what is to be

But please, as I try to settle in

Take the time to get to know ME

I was a daughter, a mother and a wife

I’ve still got some living to do

I still want to enjoy my life.

This poem was written so we all

might reflect on and try to truly realize

what a person GIVES UP

when they need CARE

A daughter, a mother, a wife

Someone who still has living to do and

wants to find joy in their life.

Written by

Sharan Hardisty

Nov 29.2012 Share it with your friends!!!!!!!!!!!!

Beautiful
lv2scrap02 Offline
#350 Posted : Wednesday, December 05, 2012 3:27:39 PM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Originally Posted by: joyfullycrafting Go to Quoted Post
Hi.

Sandra, I hope that you do get to go on a cruise some day! I believe I saw that JD said that her upcoming cruise would be her first.

Not too many historical things to see around here. Most of our field trips are to the zoo and something called The Discovery Center (science) about 60 miles away. We are right on the Oregon Trail, but there is just not much to see. Wagon ruts are not real exciting.

Between DH and Jeffie, I am staying busy trying to keep up. Jeffie is not happy right now. He is in time out. He has had too many different non-dog things in his mouth this morning.

I hope to go to choir practice early today to get some errands done that just didn't get done last week.

Tomorrow, I get to take out some sutures and DH's drip pain med system! Oh boy. The dr even gave me a suture removal kit. He said, just don't cut the cathetar or DH will have to live with inside of him for the rest of his life. Hmmmm.

It is not very cold out (wet!) but it is HOT in our house. We heat with wood, so it is a bit harder to regulate.

Hopefully, stamping and embossing today.

OMG!!! why do you have to take the sutures out??? I never heard of that!!
lv2scrap02 Offline
#351 Posted : Wednesday, December 05, 2012 3:35:32 PM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Busy past couple of days....

Miss Abigail naps are 1 1/2 to 1 hour a day now. I try and rush to get atle4ast one thing done.

Thank goodness DH wrapped all the gifts.. So this weekend hoping to decorate the house and buy a tree.

Outside DH decorated 2 weeks ago when the weather was mild

Debbie strange you are decorating your tree wearing shorts.BigGrin Today was a mild day not to bad I had bowling and then dentist afterwards then ran around and did ots of errands.

Patty had another photo taken of Santa and Abigail this time her tongue she stuck out. Too funny

Hannah and Alex went to Madison Square Garden last night to see "One Direction" I am shocked their parents allowed them to spend $365.00 a ticket and they weren't the best seats. OMG!

My DD Patty told hannah some day you will look back on it all and say what was I thinking!!

I don't think I would have allowed my kids at 14 and 16 to spend over 700.00 on tickets!!

Maybe it is just me!!

Well have a good night/day all
DebbieScraps Offline
#352 Posted : Wednesday, December 05, 2012 4:52:40 PM(UTC)
DebbieScraps

Was thanked: 165 time(s) in 161 post(s)
Nancy, One Direction came over to this part of the world a few months ago but they did not visit Perth so parents were flying their kids over East (over $500 in airfares), paying for accommodation plus the price of the concert tickets!!! Absolutely crazy!!! A friend of mine here was devastated as when she got on line all the tickets were sold and she was prepared to pay all of that to fly her and her daughter across to see them!! Apparently they have promised to include Perth in their next tour, we will see! They certainly are popular with the young crowd.

We had a very slight shower of rain, not enough to really benefit from and all it has done is raise the humidity levels making it seem hotter than it is and sticky Mad Sandra, I wish that I could send you a few degrees -10 is not pleasant either!

I completed my Christmas shopping weeks ago, now DS needs my help with his shoppingLOL I guess I will be battling the crowds after all.
SandraB. Offline
#353 Posted : Wednesday, December 05, 2012 9:12:59 PM(UTC)
SandraB.

Canada

Hi everyone;
Just got back from having a coffee with some friends. We had about 10cm of snow fall today within about a 3hr period. Great fun shovelling when I got home. Still debating on ordering the reconditioned Expression bundle. It is a pretty good price even though I already have the carts that come with it. DH said to order it for my Christmas present...so I guess I should do what he saysBigGrin LOL!

Nancy: I'm so glad my kids are on their own...if they want to spend that kind of money on tickets...go for it! It sure wouldn't have happened when they were at home. That is just silly as far as I'm concerned.

Debbie: Being my crop has been cancelled for this month, may venture out on the w/end shopping. Will finish decorating the upstairs though for sure

Joy: hope the suture removal goes well...good luck. Hope you were able to get your stamping done today. I've been putting some finishing touches on cards that a group of us did over the summer.

That's about all that's new to report from this side of the world. Hope everyone has a good nite/day.

joyfullycrafting Offline
#354 Posted : Thursday, December 06, 2012 11:24:42 AM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

Well, first, I WOULD NOT ever pay that much for concert ticket, for me or my kids. WHEW! i like free concerts. But we do pay for TSO. However, they did not come to the area this year.

I tried to get on earlier, but could not get logged on, so I moved on to other things.

I got quite a few card parts done yesterday. It takes a while to stamp, dump on embossing powder, dump off embossing powder, scrape off bad parts with my fingernail, then heat it up. I have a hunch I am about 3/4 done or a little more. I really have no idea how many invites I need to make.

Yesterday was lovely out. We finally got a FEW lights outside. I drape them over my rosebushes. And few others. Nothing fancy, but bright.

We got DH's pain tubes taken out. He had like this piece of saran wrap all over his abdomen (stuck down). He peeled that off, then we took turns cutting the sutures - one each. He pulled the tubes out. Next Monday, he will go the dr and have the staples removed. I think he said he counted 22 of them. I won't post a picture! LOL

He is chomping at the bit to go for a walk. Have a good day.
lv2scrap02 Offline
#355 Posted : Thursday, December 06, 2012 5:46:06 PM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Originally Posted by: JeanneLee Go to Quoted Post
Hi girls,

Joy, glad to hear your hubby is home and has his own personal *nurse* to take care of him! Laugh

Shelly, sounds like a wonderful cruise to go on...have a wonderful time(though you may not be back here for 10 days to see this post!)

Sandra
, that's a bummer about the vehicle, hope this one won't give you any problems and yours is fixed soon.

Debbie! How funny to be putting a tree up in shorts with the temps so hot!
We actually have had some warm temps here in Maryland...70 degrees yesterday and today!
Suppose to get cooler tom'w..

Sonya
, I loved going on field trips to historical places..and still do! We live in a state where there is a lot of history to visit...you should come for a visit! Smile
My next place is to go see the Stature of Liberty and Ellis Island...hopefully before my sophomore gradates our home school!

Hey Nancy! Abigail is growing out of her naps...uh-oh. I remember those days! Seems like I never got much done!Wink

Just wanted to check in and say Hi...got my Christmas carts out to look and see what ornament to make with my Sun-sch class kids this weekend. We need to make about 28...so need to keep it simple!

Have a great night!

If you ever come to NY you have to visit me on L.I. I am only about 1 hour away from the City with no traffic of course!

yes Abigail is down to 2 naps a day for about 1 hour maybe if I am lucky 1 40 min. tops

She is cutting more teeth her gums are really bothering her she makes the funniest faces now she scrunches her nose and her eye brows come together she is too cute.
I am loving it. I do miss my crafting!
lv2scrap02 Offline
#356 Posted : Thursday, December 06, 2012 5:49:36 PM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

I would faint if I ever had to do that. Horray for you Joy.. wow

I would be one the floor I can't even look at stitches!!

Got to run
Have a good night/day everyone

PS Hannah and Alex said the concert was the bes.t Of course they aren't my kids but I also would never allow my kids to pay that kind of money!! crazy

Larmabee Offline
#357 Posted : Thursday, December 06, 2012 7:19:16 PM(UTC)
Larmabee

Canada

Was thanked: 371 time(s) in 290 post(s)
Hello all!
I am trying to do some shopping online and it is driving me crazy! I ordered some personalized M&M's for DH. S&H to Canada was just over $40. So I have arranged an American friend to accept the package and then mail it to me. Only $15 S&H to the States and then postage will still be cheaper! Crazy part is they will send candy in the mail but not clothing?! Huh I don't get it!
Our weather has been cold, but not much snow.
Joy I am not sure I would want to take care of the sutures. Good on you for stepping up to the plate!
Nancy I can imagine Abby is cutting into the craft time. We have been thinking about expanding our family through foster care. I am too selfish though and don't want to lose my craft space, time and money!
Hello to everyone else
Laura
NJsharon Offline
#358 Posted : Thursday, December 06, 2012 8:04:28 PM(UTC)
NJsharon

Was thanked: 395 time(s) in 236 post(s)
Not too much going on here. I was off sick tuesday & wednesday from school. Just a nasty sinus thing going on & my tummy was messed up too. Just felt yucky. But was back today, feeling fine (except for just being tired) & the teacher I work alongside was very happy to see me back!

We all got a nice poinsetta plant from the PTO, which was nice. I got a white one, so pretty.

Our tree went up on sunday & decorated it. Haven't done too much else though! Need to find my Rudolph antlers & nose to put on my car! Yes I am one of those crazy people who has those on my car! LOL

Wrapped several gifts for the girls that are under the tree already. Need to find a few more things for hubby still.

Meant to go sell at a crop on saturday for a couple of hours. But going to e-mail the organizer & ask if she is still expecting me & say I was hoping to get out of it. Just my weekends have been so busy lately I want to spend some time with the family instead.

That is a crazy price for concert tickets! I would never spend that much on tickets for myself or my kids!

SandraB. Offline
#359 Posted : Thursday, December 06, 2012 8:04:57 PM(UTC)
SandraB.

Canada

Hello everyone;
It has turned real cold here -16C was our highGlare! Just got back from Troy's physio. His leg is really improving. His therapist said he would be ok to go to Provincial's for bowling in April if he makes the cut. He can also start back to floor hockey, just take it easy. His staff is looking into getting a custom-made brace for him through another govenment agency, hopefully it will go better than his breathing machine.

Joy: way to go...getting those sutures out as well as the tube. Glad you were able to get your cards done. I have a Static Remover pad I got from Stampin Up that I run over my paper before embossing, than I don't get embossing powder where I don't want it.

Laura: good luck with your online shopping. I agree the shipping is a real killer. Good for you...thinking of fostering, I think it takes a real special person to do that.

Nancy: glad the kids enjoyed the concert. Hope Abby's new teeth don't bother her too much.

Well, I bit the bullet last nite and ordered a reconditioned Cricut from here. My Christmas present from dh. Hope I won't regret getting a reconditioned oneConfused!

Better run and get a few more cards put together. Coloring a few that I had stamped with my Copics. Everyone must be busy, not too many on here lately. "Tis the Season" as they say. Take care everyone
AlyaMama Offline
#360 Posted : Friday, December 07, 2012 3:17:48 AM(UTC)
AlyaMama

Was thanked: 238 time(s) in 200 post(s)
Wheww I can finally relax. I feel like it's been forever since I've been here. I miss you guys.

Joy so glad DH is on the mend, but I don't think I could take out suters. I'd be afraid i'd do them wrong. So good for you.

Nancy I would never pay that much for tickets. DId they go to the concert by themselves? That seems young to be going out by themselves. But then again, I'm very overprotective. Sorry Abigail's naps are getting shorter. I think she just wants to spend more time with you.

Sharon sorry your under the weather. Hope you feel better.

Debbie maybe if Jamal goes to Perth I can come with him and we can go to the concert together. ha ha.

Laura it must be so hard being so close to the States and not being able to buy and have shipped. I know it's hard living here and seeing all the fun stuff everyone can get and I would have to pay a fortune for. Oh well.

Sandra I hope you are able to get the brace for Troy. Did you ever get the breathing machine straightened out?

So the box did come to Jamal, I stressed for nothing. I'm really excited. He did have to buy a 3rd suitcase because everything didn't fit intot he 2 he had taken. He was origianlly only going to take 1 but I told him he had to take 2. He's allowed 2, so not only did he have to buy a suitcase but he had to pay another 175.00 for the extra bag. It was still cheaper than having the stuff shipped.

My Thanksgiving/Christmas dinner went well. We had about 45 people, I made 2 turkeys, they both fit in the oven. It seems this is a new tradition, me cooking for Jamals entire family. It's ok. they are so appreciative.

I had an opportunity Ihad to pass on. There is a holiday bazzar here that was going to be 10 day, it's from 4-10 pm during the week and then 10-10 on the weekend. With Layla I just couldn't do it. I don't really have anyone to watch her and Jamal wasn't really willing to accomadate me. He didn't even suggest maybe one of his sisters watch her. The other 3 would ahve been ok here alone for a few hours until Jamal came home from work. Oh well, i told the lady to def. keep me in mind for next year. I will def. do it. Besides I don't think I have enough stuff for 10 days anyway.

Better go, now that I wrote a book.