Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

ajay Offline
#1 Posted : Thursday, December 06, 2012 3:37:18 PM(UTC)
ajay

Groups: Registered

Not all Mini's are wonderful. When mine works, it is great, but some of the images end up ruined because it forgets to lift the blade and cuts an extra drag line through the image.
Cricut Support has gone through everything they can do and have decided it is faulty. I am left with a faulty machine [only a few months old] and no replacement will be given as I am in Australia and warranty does not apply. Needless to say, I am dissapointed as I have purchased lots of cartridges and mats for this mini. I will have to buy another machine and then what happens if it is faulty too???
scrapalette Offline
#2 Posted : Thursday, December 06, 2012 5:13:33 PM(UTC)
scrapalette

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 18453 time(s) in 8202 post(s)
Can't you buy it from a distributor/vendor in Australia? I realize it would cost more, but it would have a warranty.
ajay Offline
#3 Posted : Thursday, December 06, 2012 8:35:22 PM(UTC)
ajay

I bought off and ebay distributer in Australia and she will not honour the warranty....and Cricut no longer sell to her....
scrapalette Offline
#4 Posted : Thursday, December 06, 2012 8:58:04 PM(UTC)
scrapalette

United States

Was thanked: 18453 time(s) in 8202 post(s)
I don't know how your laws differ from those in the USA, but if the machine is defective, the vendor has to honor the warranty. How did you pay for the Mini? If you used Paypal or a credit card, hopefully you have the same dispute options that we have. I certainly wouldn't let the vendor off the hook until exhausting all possible avenues.

Good luck!
ImTheNana Offline
#5 Posted : Monday, December 17, 2012 5:40:37 AM(UTC)
ImTheNana

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Originally Posted by: scrapalette Go to Quoted Post
I don't know how your laws differ from those in the USA, but if the machine is defective, the vendor has to honor the warranty. How did you pay for the Mini? If you used Paypal or a credit card, hopefully you have the same dispute options that we have. I certainly wouldn't let the vendor off the hook until exhausting all possible avenues.

Good luck!

I agree. I'd dispute with Paypal, with eBay, etc.
kay_jaques48d1a559 Offline
#6 Posted : Monday, January 21, 2013 2:01:58 PM(UTC)
kay_jaques48d1a559

Was thanked: 73 time(s) in 43 post(s)
Hi

Mine sometimes cuts extra lines but so far it hasn't made a big problem as they have been small and have ruined the design but I suppose it could cause a problem as I use it more. You have made me think.

Hope you get yours sorted.
Kay
ChattyPatti Offline
#7 Posted : Tuesday, July 09, 2013 3:50:55 PM(UTC)
ChattyPatti

I, too, have the same problem. Tried EVERYTHING and nothing solved the problem. Tried new blades, but that didn't help. Tried all different settings; nothing! Called customer service and they said the machine is defective. Since it is past the warranty period, I am stuck with a useless machine. Although I purchased it a while ago, I didn't use it because I didn't have the time to work through the problems. Useless piece of you know what! No more Cricuts for me!
Maxluv Offline
#8 Posted : Tuesday, July 09, 2013 4:24:07 PM(UTC)
Maxluv

United States

Was thanked: 455 time(s) in 344 post(s)
Originally Posted by: billsfana1c337c8 Go to Quoted Post
I, too, have the same problem. Tried EVERYTHING and nothing solved the problem. Tried new blades, but that didn't help. Tried all different settings; nothing! Called customer service and they said the machine is defective. Since it is past the warranty period, I am stuck with a useless machine. Although I purchased it a while ago, I didn't use it because I didn't have the time to work through the problems. Useless piece of you know what! No more Cricuts for me!

Hmm ok just saying it's not Cricut fault that you didnt find any time to use the machine while it was under warranty...you say you have tried everything, did you try a different mat? Are you sure the blade is in correctly?
soccer5300183f7f99d Offline
#9 Posted : Saturday, February 08, 2014 7:51:29 PM(UTC)
soccer5300183f7f99d

Hey everyone, I too have had this problem. After seeing this thread I thought my machine was defective too. Upon further review of my own machine, I found what could be a solution to those suffering from wrongful cuts.
I was putting my blade in as I have always done...and then I realized something funny. Unless you put the blade in on setting 1, you will get the wrongful cuts. After I corrected my error, I have not had any more problems. I hope this is a solution to some of you!!