Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

Angels Corner Offline
#1 Posted : Wednesday, December 05, 2012 10:17:21 PM(UTC)
Angels Corner

Groups: Registered
United States

BigGrin I purchased a brand new unopened box of the TBBM 2 cartridge. I was so excited as it came today, 3 days sooner then planned. When I opened the box, I learned that it would be in my best interest to have the scoring blade. I was a little bent out of shape that I had to run to Michael's to get one. So I got home all excited..... I figured that I would start simple and make the pillow box. Well 3 hours later Blushing and I still do not have a pillow box to show for my time. I am finding that when I do cut the scored lines (Shift pillow box) the lines are not cutting in the proper place, causing my box to not fold properly.

Has anyone else had this problem? If so what is the solution? Could it be that the cartridge was faulty? Or could it be that I am just simply doing something wrong, which I highly doubt as I have watched a few u-tube videos.

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!!!!!
Narelle Offline
#2 Posted : Wednesday, December 05, 2012 10:26:31 PM(UTC)
Narelle

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Australia

Was thanked: 7612 time(s) in 3551 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Angels Corner Go to Quoted Post
BigGrin I purchased a brand new unopened box of the TBBM 2 cartridge. I was so excited as it came today, 3 days sooner then planned. When I opened the box, I learned that it would be in my best interest to have the scoring blade. I was a little bent out of shape that I had to run to Michael's to get one. So I got home all excited..... I figured that I would start simple and make the pillow box. Well 3 hours later Blushing and I still do not have a pillow box to show for my time. I am finding that when I do cut the scored lines (Shift pillow box) the lines are not cutting in the proper place, causing my box to not fold properly.

Has anyone else had this problem? If so what is the solution? Could it be that the cartridge was faulty? Or could it be that I am just simply doing something wrong, which I highly doubt as I have watched a few u-tube videos.

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!!!!!

Are you by any chance using an E2. If so, is it up to date? The latest E2 update added a Multi-cut button which you use with TBBM2.

With Multi-cut selected (it's on the same screen as the Relative/Real buttons) you do the scoring layer first. Then without removing your mat you do the cutting layer.
Angels Corner Offline
#3 Posted : Wednesday, December 05, 2012 11:49:49 PM(UTC)
Angels Corner

United States

Thank you for your response.
No, I just have the expression. Is there anything else you or anyone else can think of?
Narelle Offline
#4 Posted : Thursday, December 06, 2012 12:01:15 AM(UTC)
Narelle

Australia

Was thanked: 7612 time(s) in 3551 post(s)
Are you leaving the mat in when you change the blade out? Don't press unload mat between layers. Press Load Mat so it goes back to the original starting point.

To make it less likely that the blade housing is getting bumped when taking the scoring blade out to replace with the blade housing, just use the blade for both layers. Set the depth and pressure to 3 or 2 for the scoring layer, then adjust both back to however you have them set for cutting.

Maxluv Offline
#5 Posted : Thursday, December 06, 2012 7:11:40 AM(UTC)
Maxluv

United States

Was thanked: 455 time(s) in 344 post(s)
I have that cart and used it plenty and never have i brought the scoring tool...i just change the blade setting as stated above. I do the scoring first, reload and then change the setting so it cuts.
sue4e85811d8 Offline
#6 Posted : Thursday, December 06, 2012 9:15:11 AM(UTC)
sue4e85811d8

United Kingdom

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 8 post(s)
I also have this cartridge and bought the scoring tool but to be honest with you I did not find it that good even though I used it on the highest pressure. I now prefer to hand score my projects with the help of the booklet that comes with the cartridge. I have just made the Christmas crackers and I scored them all by hand. It took a little while but they turned out great. I made 8 to put little gifts in for the dinner table.
Angels Corner Offline
#7 Posted : Thursday, December 06, 2012 8:26:46 PM(UTC)
Angels Corner

United States

Thanks again for all of your post. The issue happens whether I use the regular cutting blade or the scoring blade. I score first and am very careful when changing the blade. I must say, that the alignment problem is way more then just a few mm. It is really far off. I have never had this happen, but could it be that the cartridge is bad?

scrapalette Online
#8 Posted : Thursday, December 06, 2012 8:49:00 PM(UTC)
scrapalette

United States

Was thanked: 18453 time(s) in 8202 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Angels Corner Go to Quoted Post
Thanks again for all of your post. The issue happens whether I use the regular cutting blade or the scoring blade. I score first and am very careful when changing the blade. I must say, that the alignment problem is way more then just a few mm. It is really far off. I have never had this happen, but could it be that the cartridge is bad?

Sounds like you might have the Paper Saver mode on. If you do, that tells your Cricut to cut everything as close to the top margin as possible.

scrapalette Online
#9 Posted : Thursday, December 06, 2012 8:51:54 PM(UTC)
scrapalette

United States

Was thanked: 18453 time(s) in 8202 post(s)
Originally Posted by: sue4e85811d8 Go to Quoted Post
I also have this cartridge and bought the scoring tool but to be honest with you I did not find it that good even though I used it on the highest pressure. I now prefer to hand score my projects with the help of the booklet that comes with the cartridge. I have just made the Christmas crackers and I scored them all by hand. It took a little while but they turned out great. I made 8 to put little gifts in for the dinner table.

I score with my blade. Some of the projects are easy to score by hand. But any of them with curved score lines are best left for the machine {in my opinion!}.

I'm pretty sure you can tell which one I let my Cricut score and which one I {tried} to score by hand! Flapper

Maxluv Offline
#10 Posted : Friday, December 07, 2012 10:10:27 AM(UTC)
Maxluv

United States

Can you tell us step by step how you are using the cart..really don't think its the cartridge, lots of people had trouble using this particular cart when it first came out. Are you letting the mat come out of the machine before doing the cut?
piperayoung52895ca6 Offline
#11 Posted : Monday, February 18, 2013 10:54:40 AM(UTC)
piperayoung52895ca6

I am also having this problem! I have not figured it out and I am planning on making favor boxes for our wedding! Does anyone know what is causing the lines not to match up?
Maxluv Offline
#12 Posted : Monday, February 18, 2013 11:59:52 AM(UTC)
Maxluv

United States

Originally Posted by: piperayoung52895ca6 Go to Quoted Post
I am also having this problem! I have not figured it out and I am planning on making favor boxes for our wedding! Does anyone know what is causing the lines not to match up?

Since the original poster hasn't posted back hopefully she figured it out, its been 2 months. I have never had an issue where the lines didn't match up, as long as you score first, and never let the mat come out of the machine, you push the load last button so it goes back to where it started and then change the setting so it cuts instead of scoring.

If give us step by step what you are doing maybe someone can help.