Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

kansasfarmergirl427e6b75 Offline
#1 Posted : Monday, December 03, 2012 3:51:16 PM(UTC)
kansasfarmergirl427e6b75

Groups: Registered

I am trying to cut my first thing ever with craft room. I have the expressions machine. I load the mat, hit cut, it asks for the cartirdge, then acts like the machine is going to cut. it comes up a screen that only says "Cutting" and it just sits there and sits there. Waited 10 minutes and nothing happened. The little thing on the screen just spins like its "thinking".

I already installed craft room, found out that version didnt work, uninstalled it, installed and older version (which actually allowed me into the CR), updated firmware, reinstalled drivers (WOW! Finally got to create something!). Just to MAKE IT THIS FAR and get stuck on the last step! HELP!!!

Been trying since yesterday just to make the fist cut using craft room with no luck. Could have been done 50 times over if I just did it old school way.

Thanks,
Amelia
Narelle Offline
#2 Posted : Monday, December 03, 2012 4:04:04 PM(UTC)
Narelle

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Australia

Was thanked: 7601 time(s) in 3545 post(s)
Originally Posted by: kansasfarmergirl427e6b75 Go to Quoted Post
I am trying to cut my first thing ever with craft room. I have the expressions machine. I load the mat, hit cut, it asks for the cartirdge, then acts like the machine is going to cut. it comes up a screen that only says "Cutting" and it just sits there and sits there. Waited 10 minutes and nothing happened. The little thing on the screen just spins like its "thinking".

I already installed craft room, found out that version didnt work, uninstalled it, installed and older version (which actually allowed me into the CR), updated firmware, reinstalled drivers (WOW! Finally got to create something!). Just to MAKE IT THIS FAR and get stuck on the last step! HELP!!!

Been trying since yesterday just to make the fist cut using craft room with no luck. Could have been done 50 times over if I just did it old school way.

Thanks,
Amelia

What version of the Firmware is on your Expression? Do you have another USB cable you can use?

(As far as I'm aware the latest version of CCR does work for most people. Although if you're using Windows 8 it has to be run in windows 7 compatibility mode and run as an administrator.)
scrapalette Offline
#3 Posted : Monday, December 03, 2012 4:10:21 PM(UTC)
scrapalette

United States

Was thanked: 18430 time(s) in 8191 post(s)
When that "spinning, thinking" process happened to me, I had somehow selected a mat where I only had one shape that was off the mat and so CCR didn't know what the heck I wanted it to cut! Apparently, I didn't either! LOL
DBCMC Offline
#4 Posted : Monday, December 03, 2012 5:03:38 PM(UTC)
DBCMC

United States

Was thanked: 1598 time(s) in 919 post(s)
So sorry that you were having a problem.... that happened to me last night for several hours I tried to get it to cut. It would recognize my machine, I would load the mat and then it would just sit there. I updated the adobe air and turned off everything and then rebooted and it still wouldn't work. Finally I rebooted again this morning and it finally worked... but it is very frustrating to have to jump through so many hoops to get it to cut.
~JD~ Offline
#5 Posted : Monday, December 03, 2012 5:44:12 PM(UTC)
~JD~

United States

Was thanked: 1164 time(s) in 905 post(s)
Originally Posted by: DBCMC Go to Quoted Post
So sorry that you were having a problem.... that happened to me last night for several hours I tried to get it to cut. It would recognize my machine, I would load the mat and then it would just sit there. I updated the adobe air and turned off everything and then rebooted and it still wouldn't work. Finally I rebooted again this morning and it finally worked... but it is very frustrating to have to jump through so many hoops to get it to cut.

I'm curious, were you able to cut with CCR before last night?
ScrapWorm Offline
#6 Posted : Monday, December 03, 2012 6:45:59 PM(UTC)
ScrapWorm

Was thanked: 241 time(s) in 140 post(s)
I had this problem yesterday. I just fooled around with it for a bit and it began to cut. I did not have the Robles again.