Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

iwunder57f86cdb4 Offline
#1 Posted : Monday, November 26, 2012 12:34:36 PM(UTC)
iwunder57f86cdb4

Groups: Registered

Over a year later, 3 machines and no change.
I bought and returned my first cricut last early spring and after so many problems and hours with tech support, they gave up and said please go get a new one. I did and to my surprise, same problems only a little worse. Worse? You say. Well yes, the machine's little cricut engine burned up, you could smell the burning and after nearly crashing my new Mac, I actually had given this one over a month to get well with help of tech support. We concluded it is the craft room. What we don't know is why. We think that it is due to the overwhelming traffic on certain days and time of those days when there is extremely high usage. So is it possible for Provo craft to get some more power and help us out here? I don't know how else to phrase it?
Last week I brought home my new cricut after purchasing the very last one at the store when the door busters went on sale. I called 15 minutes prior and asked to do a phone purchase but no go. I ran to my car, 15 minutes from the craft store, I walked in to see the last machine on the shelf. I grabbed it like a lost child and took it home with high hopes of all the bugs worked out and a new start.
Believe me, I have plenty of power, gigs, ram, all that I need to fire up the machine. My Mac has more memory than the elephant with the highest IQ and I listed it on the antivirus program as OK TO USE and even went so far as to disconnect my firewall. Yet as we speak, the craft room is minimized and about every 3-5 minutes I pull it up to see if it has quit initializing. After all, I talked to tech support for another 1/2 hour this morning and got the same ole, same ole stuff they always use that we've all read a thousand plus times.
When is the craft room going to be fixed? I keep hearing GOOD NEWS! and expect it to be but it's not, sorry.
I bought the cricut for fun and profit or at least enough profit to pay for itself. And you'd think after 2 months with the last one, I could have. But without the craft room everything seems so flat. I like to layer and weld but I don't want to buy a welder on top of my cricut..lol...
This is just a bit over done, should take it back, RUN it back to the store again. I think every store in the town has enough of my money to see me coming from the parking lot. I spent so much on accessories to start with having no clue they would turn out to be useless and some things still in the package! Can't even re-sell for half the cost!!!!
So that's my story and I'm sticking to it which is all I can do now with my projects. use glue, nasty old sticky glue to make things I made in grade school because the craft room won't work.
Today when I read all the posts, they were all the same different time, different places and different words with a few bleeps also.
I'd like to bleep out Provo Craft for getting my hopes up once AGAIN only to be sorely and sadly disappointed.
Your's blue-ly
SWAngry
CricketCMV Offline
#2 Posted : Monday, November 26, 2012 2:27:14 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 7597 time(s) in 4447 post(s)
I'm curious what your internet connection is......DSL/Broadband/etc.!? Do you use Internet Explorer?

Are you in the States?

Char
scrapalette Offline
#3 Posted : Monday, November 26, 2012 2:46:41 PM(UTC)
scrapalette

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 18422 time(s) in 8188 post(s)
Yeah, tell what Cricut model you have and someone might be able to help you. Most people are using CCR without problems, even with the Imagine. The number of problems you see on the MB are very few compared to the overall number of users who never post because they aren't having any problems.
crafteechic Offline
#4 Posted : Monday, December 03, 2012 11:18:36 AM(UTC)
crafteechic

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 9 post(s)
i agree.....the only people who post are the ones with problems, but there are thousands of us with success. i've had lots of success with the craftroom. like i said on a different post, the only problems i've had is that i was using machines that i bought 6+ years ago when the thought of going digital wasn't even in existence.
Originally Posted by: scrapalette Go to Quoted Post
Yeah, tell what Cricut model you have and someone might be able to help you. Most people are using CCR without problems, even with the Imagine. The number of problems you see on the MB are very few compared to the overall number of users who never post because they aren't having any problems.