Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

NatalieTen Brink Offline
#1 Posted : Monday, December 03, 2012 8:20:15 AM(UTC)
NatalieTen Brink

Groups: Registered

Hi! I'm new to CCR and have only cut a few things with it. I use my Gypsy much more frequently, but the computer is so much easier on the eyes.

I made an image using 3 different cartridges. Because I have the Gypsy I am not able to link to CCR and even if they made that change, I have a friend that shares my cartridges with me, so I wouldn't want to link in case she ever wants to use CCR.

Anyway, when trying to cut, it asked for the cartridge to be inserted and did that for all 3, but then never cut. Could I have done something wrong? I waited, but nothing. Wasn't sure if I even did the process correctly. Ended up having to re-create the image on my Gypsy. Does it matter that the cartridges were all on the same layer?

So, is there a tutorial specifically for cutting multiple cartridges? Can anyone clue me in on the steps? Doesn't seem like it should be very difficult but for some reason, I'm just not getting it.

Thanks!
Natalie Ten Brink
CricketCMV Online
#2 Posted : Monday, December 03, 2012 9:21:22 AM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 7604 time(s) in 4453 post(s)
You can use as many cartridges as you want to use on ONE mat layer.

Did you wait until the CUT prompt asked you to put in each cartridge individually? (Not that I know for sure you HAVE to do it that way, but it might be worth a try if you just randomly inserted them one at a time without waiting for the prompts).

I don't know if others have had trouble using their cartridges that are LINKED in their gypsies by inserting them into the machine. BUT, I hope they haven't had that problem along with the frustrations that they can't LINK to both at this time.

Another thought......if you tried to LINK the same cartridge into CCR that was already LINKED to your Gypsy, maybe your computer is a little mixed up. I would (1) turn your CRICUT off and unplug your CRICUT from the hard drive on your computer (USB cord); (2) Try rebooting your computer and plug the USB cord back in and turn on your CRICUT! Try your CUT again. This might clear out any mixes in your computer and in your CRICUT that might be keeping you from getting your CUT/S.

Let us know if you get it figured out; you might have to give PC a call.

Char

Edited by user Monday, December 03, 2012 9:25:42 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified