Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

TammyZajc Offline
#1 Posted : Sunday, December 02, 2012 12:16:00 AM(UTC)
TammyZajc

Groups: Registered
United States

Hey Cricut-eers!

I have an Expression 1 and have been using the CCR this evening (California time) and I get an "update" message to update firmware for my cricut machine to run better with CCR. So...of course...I update. I see it's a three part update and it has been 45mins and it's still on part one of updating. Is this normal? Has anyone else had this issue? I'm half tempted to turn off and start fresh.

Any feed back will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
Narelle Online
#2 Posted : Sunday, December 02, 2012 12:26:48 AM(UTC)
Narelle

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Australia

Was thanked: 7568 time(s) in 3532 post(s)
Originally Posted by: TammyZajc Go to Quoted Post
Hey Cricut-eers!

I have an Expression 1 and have been using the CCR this evening (California time) and I get an "update" message to update firmware for my cricut machine to run better with CCR. So...of course...I update. I see it's a three part update and it has been 45mins and it's still on part one of updating. Is this normal? Has anyone else had this issue? I'm half tempted to turn off and start fresh.

Any feed back will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

It definitely shouldn't take that long. If you're Expression is already at firmware of 2.43 then you don't need to do the update at all.

I'm not sure what will happen if you exit now. If the Expression won't work as normal just run the update again.
CricketCMV Offline
#3 Posted : Sunday, December 02, 2012 3:15:19 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 7566 time(s) in 4432 post(s)
I was also told to UPDATE my FIRMWARE for my Expression this past week. I did it, because I figured everyone else was getting the same message when they opened their Expressions to use for the first time after the update was posted.

It was already on 2.43! So, of course, I figured they were giving us a newer number!!

WRONG! There was no new number. It took longer than other firmware updates have taken (maybe ten minutes). After it finished, I went ahead and cut a project I was working on at the time the update popped up. IT CUT JUST FINE....thanks goodness.

I thought this was interesting at least one other person had an UPDATE message come up.

Char